• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Im going to buy the LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time Level pack and a Fun pack, but Im unsure who. Ill check out my options when I get to the store.
Overwatch is updating... dies this mean Sombra time!?
This would be so hype!!!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Im going to buy the Adventure Time Level pack and a Fun pack, but Im unsure who. Ill check out my options when I get there.

This would be so hype!!!
Adventure Time pack? Also from a video I watched from Force gaming Sombra is coming either today or early next week.

Hopefully today.

D

Deleted member

So this happened on Rate Their Chances:
Any western third-party character - 25.09%
Rayman - 25.15%
The concept of any western third party character becoming playable in Smash 5 was given a lower overall chance rating than the highest-rated western third party character. Okay...

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Adventure Time pack? Also from a video I watched from Force gaming Sombra is coming either today or early next week.

Hopefully today.
Oh whoops, should have mentioned LEGO Dimensions :laugh:

Its good to hear that Sombra and the update are almost ready to go. Im glad that Blizzard has been doing amazing work with Overwatch since its my favorite FPS

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh whoops, should have mentioned LEGO Dimensions :laugh:

Its good to hear that Sombra and the update are almost ready to go. Im glad that Blizzard has been doing amazing work with Overwatch since its my favorite FPS
Ah.

Yeah Sombra looks like she'll be my jam. If I can ever choose her before everyone else in quick play.

Yeah Overwatch is the best. Now that Sombra is out that means Doomfist is upcoming!

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I have yet to play Overwatch, but I heard that it's a lot of fun! Even though I'm absolutely terrible at FPS (it might be my worst video game genre), I'd still like to try it out.

Which characters are good for players that want to learn the basics of the game? Also, how's Genji? He seems awesome and looks like a character I'd love playing as.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I have yet to play Overwatch, but I heard that it's a lot of fun! Even though I'm absolutely terrible at FPS (it might be my worst video game genre), I'd still like to try it out.

Which characters are good for players that want to learn the basics of the game? Also, how's Genji? He seems awesome and looks like a character I'd love playing as.
Soldier 76, Reinhardt and Mercy are the best choices when starting it. Genji is super fun, but a challenge to play as.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Soldier 76, Reinhardt and Mercy are the best choices when starting it. Genji is super fun, but a challenge to play as.
Thanks!

I'll prolly try 76 or Mercy first. I know Reinhardt is more of a tank character, and slow bulky characters arent' my thing in gaming.

why is Genji challenging?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Did you actually see the video? :p
I did right after posting. lol

Thanks!

I'll prolly try 76 or Mercy first. I know Reinhardt is more of a tank character, and slow bulky characters arent' my thing in gaming.

Well cause he's not really a big damage dealer his shuriken are really more for harassing the opposition. He's pretty much useless against any tank character too.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Thanks for reminding me we still don't have the game...

Would it kill you to break the street date? :sadeyes:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Thanks!

Soldier 76, Lucio, Mercy, Winston and sorta Reinhardt.

76 is your run of the mill Cowadoody soldier guy
Lucio literally contributes just by being there
Mercy is a bit more involved than Lucio, but still fairly straightforward
Winston is just "Hold Right-Click: The Game"
Reinhardt, just hold your shield and hammer people if they get too close. But at the same time a lot depends on that shield, you have a lot of control on the pace of the game.

You'd be surprised that Tanks are actually really fun in this game. It's probably my most played class, and I didn't expect that at all.

Genji is difficult because he's, 1) a projectile character 2) requires a lot of knowledge of the map to be really effective

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Well cause he's not really a big damage dealer his shuriken are really more for harassing the opposition. He's pretty much useless against any tank character too.
Hmmm.. Arlight. What are the pros of playing Genji?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The biggest pro of Genji is that he's really mobile with his wall climb, double jump and dash, making him really hard to hit, all while he's putting damage into you. Then there's his ulti that can wipe out the entire enemy team if they're not careful enough.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The biggest pro of Genji is that he's really mobile with his wall climb, double jump and dash, making him really hard to hit, all while he's putting damage into you. Then there's his ulti that can wipe out the entire enemy team if they're not careful enough.
Real fast? Has a reflector? and also, a popular character from what i've seen? difficult learning curve?

hmmmm...
He's Overwatch's Melee Fox :p:foxmelee:

But seriously Kurri and
praline praline

thanks for the info! It has helped me understand the game a little better.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here are the results from the favorite Pokemon Champion poll from two days ago:

Cynthia: 12 votes
Blue/Green: 4 votes
Red: 2 votes
Lance: 1 vote
Steven: 1 vote
Alder: 1 vote
Iris: 1 vote

Wallace and Diantha both got 0 votes.

There was a clear winner here... a certain female from Sinnoh crushed the competition just like how her Garchomp can easily sweep your team! This calls for some memorable music.

It seems like Cynthia seems to be a huge fan-favorite here in the Nintenzone, and I'm not surprised. She was a pretty memorable character who impacted D/P/Ps story and had a very challenging team. I had a feeling she would win, though I didn't expect she'd gain far more votes than Blue/Green. I honestly thought he would be pretty close to her in terms of votes.

LOL, I was the only person that voted for Steven.

Not surprised that Wallace and Diantha both got 0 votes, especially Diantha. She's the worst and most forgettable champion compared to the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda late on this, but yeah, I really like how the series is going. All the reveals have been mind blowing.

The Trost titans identities have been a bit foreshadowed before given their similarities to the Eldian Restorationists' faces. Also, I was confused as to why Eren and Mikasa were jailed, but it makes sense they would be considering they pretty much defied Levi's orders by using the serum on Armin, but it did kind of come out of nowhere considering the last time we had seen them was in the basement, looking at the pictures in there and such. Chapters 85 and 86 were entirely focused on Grisha's story, so it came as a surprise.

Anyway, Eren seems to have inherited his father's memories when he ate him, but only now is when they're surfacing. We will likely see a confrontation between him and Zeke soon. Next chapter will likely start a new arc after all this backstory stuff. They may be venturing to the fourth wall and find some more of the truth.

We now know who the true enemy is and Reiner, Zeke and the other "warriors" are on the same side as the Marleyans depicted in this flashback arc. Grisha and the Elodians' objective has been inherited in a way by Eren and the Survey Corps, so I guess that's where the story is headed to.

All in all, I can't wait for the anime's second season to potentially cover these events, though that will depend on the pacing and how many episodes will be made for the new season.
I remember the last few panels in Chapter 84 showing the Survey Corps returning to Trost, so I think there was going to be some kind of panel later on that would explore their what was going on since they came back. I didn't expect to see that Eren, Mikasa, and Armin moment in the middle of the whole Grisha backstory mini-arc; rather, I thought a moment with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin like that or a scene demonstrating that Eren has gained most of his father memories would be depicted in the beginning of the next arc, following right after Grisha's backstory.

Chapter 87 marks the beginning of volume 22, and considering it starts from where Chapter 86 left off, I think there might be 3 chapters in this arc left. One way I can see them finishing this arc in the next 3 chapters could be through Ymir's letter and the reactions from the Survey Corps following it. It too will probably be important in explaining the background information raised from the books, probably clarifying some details here and there as well, though it could also have the potential to explore Ymir's backstory (but considering it's just one letter and not three books, I think one chapter will be devoted to exploring the letter's contents).

A random thought just crossed my mind: Major Gross mentioned that his sons grew up to become "fine men." I wonder if we will meet each of them in the next arc. They have the potential to major antagonists, especially if they are also a part of the Marleyan military and learned about what happened to their father.

I too want to see season 2 cover the events of the Return to Shinganshina arc, but I'm ready for the possibility that they could easily be pushed into to season 3 since the Clash of the Titan and Uprising arcs cover roughly 34 chapters, which was about as much as season 1 covered in 25 episodes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
He's a flanker. Basically, you use him to back attack supports and low HP or sniper characters, harass players from behind and quickly get away after doing stuff. One of his attacks is a swift slash attack that moves him forward and hits anybody in his way. However, that attack also automatically recharges fully if you kill someone while it's recharging.
His other special is a Deflect. Basically, for 2 seconds, he deflects any non-laser/explosion in front of him. His Deflect can also be used to deflect some abilities and Ultimates, including the likes of Zarya's Graviton Surge, Soldier 76's healing mech thing and Roadhog's hook. For Hanzo's Dragonstrike, Genji can deflect it if it's still in arrow form, but he cannot reflect the dragons when they pop up.
Also, Genji can double-jump and climb walls.
:p That being said, Mercy did get a new actual buff. Basically, if she takes no damage for 1 second, she'll start regenerating health very quickly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Im going to buy the LEGO Dimensions Adventure Time Level pack and a Fun pack, but Im unsure who. Ill check out my options when I get to the store.

This would be so hype!!!
Level Pack: Finn
Team Pack: Jake & Lumpy Space Princess
Fun Pack: Marceline (releases this Friday)

I've heard Jake is very versatile due to his transformation gimmick, and Marceline seems to have a lot of abilities.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Real fast? Has a reflector? and also, a popular character from what i've seen? difficult learning curve?

hmmmm...
He's Overwatch's Melee Fox :p:foxmelee:

But seriously Kurri and
praline praline

thanks for the info! It has helped me understand the game a little better.
That's not the first time he's been compared to Fox.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
He's a flanker. Basically, you use him to back attack supports and low HP or sniper characters, harass players from behind and quickly get away after doing stuff. One of his attacks is a swift slash attack that moves him forward and hits anybody in his way. However, that attack also automatically recharges fully if you kill someone while it's recharging.
His other special is a Deflect. Basically, for 2 seconds, he deflects any non-laser/explosion in front of him. His Deflect can also be used to deflect some abilities and Ultimates, including the likes of Zarya's Graviton Surge, Soldier 76's healing mech thing and Roadhog's hook. For Hanzo's Dragonstrike, Genji can deflect it if it's still in arrow form, but he cannot reflect the dragons when they pop up.
Also, Genji can double-jump and climb walls.

:p That being said, Mercy did get a new actual buff. Basically, if she takes no damage for 1 second, she'll start regenerating health very quickly.
Thanks for the info too, man!

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Level Pack: Finn
Team Pack: Jake & Lumpy Space Princess
Fun Pack: Marceline (releases this Friday)

I've heard Jake is very versatile due to his transformation gimmick, and Marceline seems to have a lot of abilities.
Finns definitely a go. Not planning on a Team Pack yet, waiting for next weekend. I was thinking of Superman because of his flight ability. Supergirl looked like a lot of fun when you were using her in your stream, so I wanted a character who could fly as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember the last few panels in Chapter 84 showing the Survey Corps returning to Trost, so I think there was going to be some kind of panel later on that would explore their what was going on since they came back. I didn't expect to see that Eren, Mikasa, and Armin moment in the middle of the whole Grisha backstory mini-arc; rather, I thought a moment with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin like that or a scene demonstrating that Eren has gained most of his father memories would be depicted in the beginning of the next arc, following right after Grisha's backstory.

Chapter 87 marks the beginning of volume 22, and considering it starts from where Chapter 86 left off, I think there might be 3 chapters in this arc left. One way I can see them finishing this arc in the next 3 chapters could be through Ymir's letter and the reactions from the Survey Corps following it. It too will probably be important in explaining the background information raised from the books, probably clarifying some details here and there as well, though it could also have the potential to explore Ymir's backstory (but considering it's just one letter and not three books, I think one chapter will be devoted to exploring the letter's contents).

A random thought just crossed my mind: Major Gross mentioned that his sons grew up to become "fine men." I wonder if we will meet each of them in the next arc. They have the potential to major antagonists, especially if they are also a part of the Marleyan military and learned about what happened to their father.

I too want to see season 2 cover the events of the Return to Shinganshina arc, but I'm ready for the possibility that they could easily be pushed into to season 3 since the Clash of the Titan and Uprising arcs cover roughly 34 chapters, which was about as much as season 1 covered in 25 episodes.
Last panels of chapter 84, they revive Armin and in the following chapter they go to the basement. Doesn't seem like they would be going to a jail or Trost. *shrugs* Oh well, guess it will be explained in the next chapter, along with other details about the recent revelations and such.

And yeah, Gross's sons could appear later in the story, but considering the amount of time it has passed, they'd be quite old in the series' present time, so I have doubts on whether they would become characters of any significance or if it was just a way of Gross provoking Grisha considering how much of a scumbag he was (fitting name, no?).

As for the anime, it would need more episodes to cover this arc, unless they trimmed down some stuff and, unlike the first season, made no fillers whatsoever. Judging by the series' popularity, a potential third season isn't a stretch. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was looking through arachnids and I found the perfect animal they can add to Diamond and Pearl remakes

IF they were going to add new pokemon, which they probably won't but I guess potentially could

It's named "Charon" and it's a tailess whip scorpion

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So here are the results from the favorite Pokemon Champion poll from two days ago:

Cynthia: 12 votes
Blue/Green: 4 votes
Red: 2 votes
Lance: 1 vote
Steven: 1 vote
Alder: 1 vote
Iris: 1 vote

Wallace and Diantha both got 0 votes.

There was a clear winner here... a certain female from Sinnoh crushed the competition just like how her Garchomp can easily sweep your team! This calls for some memorable music.

It seems like Cynthia seems to be a huge fan-favorite here in the Nintenzone, and I'm not surprised. She was a pretty memorable character who impacted D/P/Ps story and had a very challenging team. I had a feeling she would win, though I didn't expect she'd gain far more votes than Blue/Green. I honestly thought he would be pretty close to her in terms of votes.

LOL, I was the only person that voted for Steven.

Not surprised that Wallace and Diantha both got 0 votes, especially Diantha. She's the worst and most forgettable champion compared to the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very surprised that Steven only got one vote...He's easily my second favourite Champion after Cynthia and of my favourite aspects of Hoenn in both RSE and ORAS...

Could be a lot of people had the same mindset as myself where they just liked someone else more, because I know he's a popular character especially with his revitalized roles in ORAS and the XYZ anime...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was looking through arachnids and I found the perfect animal they can add to Diamond and Pearl remakes

IF they were going to add new pokemon, which they probably won't but I guess potentially could

It's named "Charon" and it's a tailess whip scorpion
yes, please, I am all for this. This looks cool

Chrono.

lol What the **** Legacy of Goku 4 is a thing.
The first game was awful, I remember the second one being much better, I never got much farther in the third.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Fifteen years, fifteen years of Halo, the franchise that really got me into as whole new level of gaming.

From crash landing on Installation 04 in Combat Evolved to the Arbiter's introduction in Halo 2 to the final Warthog segment and the Covenant's last stand in Halo 3, the Ur-Didact's re-awakening in Halo 4, running down the guardian in Halo 5, dropping into and exploring New Mombasa in ODST, the Fall of Reach as Noble team fall (except for Jun), large scale battles in Wars to the multiplayer shenanigans of CTF in Blood Gulch, Invasion on Spire, Infection on Sandtrap and the many, many shenanigans brought about by Forge. Then there's the crossover with Killer Instinct where Arbiter sits as one of my mains alongside Fulgore, Spinal, Cinder, General RAAM, Eyedol and Gargos plus the multimedia presence including numerous novels, animated shorts and mini series.

The soundtrack is gushing with amazing pieces from Deference for Darkness to the Main Theme to One Final Effort to The Trials to 117 and Never Forget. Truly one of the greatest video game soundtracks ever. Of all time.

The voice acting is absolutely spot on as well from Baker's deep, growling Gravemind to Keith Szarabajka's wise, mad warlord Ur-Didact to Steve Downes' stoic super soldier John-117 and Jen Taylor's feisty yet strangely human Cortana.

Of course a Halo celebration isn't complete without mentioning the community that help make Halo what is whether it's from the online webseries like Arby 'n' the Chief and Rooster Teeth's fourteen seasons of Red vs Blue alongside the creation of Grifball to the maps created in forge including Speed Halo, Mongoose Sumo, Jump Rope and recreations of Star Wars, Metroid, Dead Space, Zelda and even Mario locations.

Here's to fifteen years of one of the greatest franchises in gaming and fifteen more yet to come.

The first time I ever played a Halo game which was Halo 3 for me, it doesn't just feel like I was playing another game. It felt like I was literally in a completely different world; a different universe even. I remember the first map I ever played online was on Snowbound and I got destroyed as that was the first time ever playing a first person shooter online with other people. Before I knew it, I almost immediately got addicted to it and couldn't put the controller down. From the campaign, weapons, maps, customization with different colors and armor, online, sound track, sound effects, and forge mode, it's like it had everything.

Despite the recent games in the franchise in Halo 4 and 5 not being anywhere near as fun as the earlier entities, I still love that franchise with all of the fond memories that I have of it and Halo 3 remains to this day as one of my all time favorite games that I've played.

Happy 15th Anniversary Halo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom