• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wonder who Shiny is

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
:061:
Pinocchio, out of all the Disney characters? I'm very surprised they prioritized him over Sora and Mickey. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know who the artist is but I love these cartoons of the Alolan starters full forms.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wonder who Shiny is

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Who could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?
I know who it is!

Actually it's definitely Jack Frost. About time to.

So glad they are finally doing Geno though. He certainly is one I want to see. Can't wait for it!

Also I'm guessing Shiny references the fact that he comes to life from a shiny star and is a star spirit, which shine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you guys think it's this so call "Geno", you're all dead wrong and need your eyes checked.

It's Mii Gunner!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Keep watching people complain about the Switch, and I think a small part of why everyone's so cynical is because they're overestimating the price it will cost.

Nintendo themselves said they overpriced the Wii U and learned a lesson from that. What that tells me is that while they aren't selling the Switch at a loss, $300 is probably the maximum price they'll charge for it. Considering the Wii U had a base model at $300 and the PS4 Slim is also that price, I could potentially see them going down to $250 and undercutting the competition.

Now the idea of $200 some people have been passing around seems too good to be true, but if that happened then the resulting hypothetical situation would be veeeeeeery interesting.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Keep watching people complain about the Switch, and I think a small part of why everyone's so cynical is because they're overestimating the price it will cost.

Nintendo themselves said they overpriced the Wii U and learned a lesson from that. What that tells me is that while they aren't selling the Switch at a loss, $300 is probably the maximum price they'll charge for it. Considering the Wii U had a base model at $300 and the PS4 Slim is also that price, I could potentially see them going down to $250 and undercutting the competition.

Now the idea of $200 some people have been passing around seems too good to be true, but if that happened then the resulting hypothetical situation would be veeeeeeery interesting.
If they can sell the Switch for 200$ and still make a profit that'd be ****ing amazing.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

My confusion grows deeper like a . . .well im too confused to make up a good metaphor

I mean yeah probably

Deeper and deeper...

(I changed my avatar from Inky to Snoopy. The joke of there being the four ghosts in this thread is dead.)

Soul.

New Japanese Sun and Moon trailer:

Also PS! makes teambuilding infinitely better and trying out teams/battling is much faster overall.

it takes a while to make an actually good team in the main series games (especially if breeding is still mostly RNG stuff with things like Hidden Power), then having to try it out in a Rating Battle.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 30: He's a Pirate

Expecting a scary song? Ha! Pirates are classic Halloween material. Besides, ghosts, undead, and mermaids (you read that correctly) have been a part of mythology for ages.

Tomorrow's the big day! My riddles are done.
It's the last song that can be done!
The season's movie at the buiginning...
"What's this?" as we draw the stage to dark.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If they can sell the Switch for 200$ and still make a profit that'd be ****ing amazing.
Like I said, sounds too good to be true, but to play Devil Assist Trophy's advocate there was that rumor floating around about Nintendo apparently getting an incredibly good deal from Nvidia and I remember seeing in one post in the endless parade of NeoGAF threads I've been lurking that Nvidia's tech might be cheaper than the tech in other consoles in the first place.

And then there was the patent or rumor or something that implied the Joy-Cons might have tech innovated into them that requires less actual components to work and would make them cheaper than their concept sounds. . .

At the very least there's smoke for the fire of Nintendo finding creative ways to get thrifty without actually cutting corners. The big question is by how much and if they've learned their lesson from the 3DS to not take positive reception as a sign to drive up the price of their console, which the thing they said about paying attention to reactions of people has me a little worried about. . .

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Watching the new Sun and Moon trailer and it turned into a Smash Bros Trailer:
Screenshot (333).png

Torracat confirmed.

Watching the new Sun and Moon trailer and it turned into a Smash Bros Trailer:
View attachment 120195

Torracat confirmed.
Trainer picked Litten in the vid

It's alllllll coming together. :troll: or is it a troll?

Expecting a scary song? Ha! Pirates are classic Halloween material. Besides, ghosts, undead, and mermaids (you read that correctly) have been a part of mythology for ages.

This is Halloween
This is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night!

Although I presume the reference is to "what's this" of the same movie

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd **** myself if the Switch was under $300. But I'm not holding any faith to it.

Dude if Torracat was in SB, I'd laugh my *** off. I mean its got some sense to it. Sakurai loves cats. :troll:
Which is why torracat gets a Furishika alt! ( Sakurai's Cat).

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'd **** myself if the Switch was under $300. But I'm not holding any faith to it.
It will have to be. Otherwise sales are going to tank. Especially since the PlayStation 4 will almost definitely get a drop in price within the next year.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699

In this town,
Don't we love it now
Everyone's waiting for the next surprise!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alpha Sapphire update....
Fitting for a certain day tomorrow...
Popeye (I finally found the spinach >:D....but no animated gifs :()
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi
Rutela

I've mentioned before in Hoenn I usually like to have two water types on my team (mainly because of the many water type HM's), and I've went ahead and caught myself a Feebas....It was far less painful than I expected but it turns out Game Freak made Feebas far less painful to catch since you can catch it under normal circumstances as a rare encounter, though the 6 tile method is still a thing...Managed to encounter it within about 10 minutes...However instead of using the first one I caught, like I usually do in casual playthroughs, I decided to fire up the DexNav...Feebas learns Dragon Pulse from breeding and having a Milotic with Dragon Pulse is better than not having one...So I caught one with Dragon Pulse...This Milotic has Competitive which is actually a pretty useful ability, especially when up against pokes with Intimidate and considering how many trainers have M...

Also forgot that the Poke-block case was changed so that not only is the minigame removed to make it faster to generate Pokeblocks, but you can also use it anywhere instead of only in Contest halls...Game Freak is really making it easier to get a Milotic in this game...I remember actually making the attempt to get a Milotic in Ruby and gaddam that took forever....

Anyways Defeated Winona so I can use Fly, and defeated May on her 'final battle'...Now I'm wandering around Mt. Pyre...thinking of a possible final team member from here...but still am considering my options...I do have a big Fairy weakness I kinda want to address though there's no real threats from Fairy types in Hoenn apart from Gardevoir, but the only notable Gardevoir was with Wally who was replaced by Gallade...Somewhat leaning towards a Ghost type or a Fire type, pretty much making Banette and Ninetales my two main candidates...aaaallthough...I'm also considering a Froslass since she is obtainable in this game (I'll just trade over a Dawn Stone so I don't have to wait until Wally to get one if I decide on using it)...
Think I might grab Ninetales despite myself planning on using Alola Ninetales in Sun/Moon...Fire seems the most beneficial typing to add to my team at this point...

Last edited:

Chrono.

So... HIAC was better than CoC.

Awful way to finish though, but that seems to be the RAW MO right now.

Save us based Smackdown.

So Hell In A Cell is over

Rusev and Rains could have been better. Good starter but Rusev really should have won. Two finishing moves including ONE WITH A ****ING CHAIN WHILE ON A TABLE for a good minute or two and he just. . . breaks out. Into an instant spear and finish too. Pretty anticlimactic.

Bayley/Dana and Enzo/Cass/ThelLub couldn't keep y attention

Rollins and Owens was pretty good. Jericho was kind of badly done though. Came in. Got hit like 7 times. Did one thing super important thing. Ten had no more input
Other than that one detail it was pretty fantastic beginning to end. Also double tables is awesome.

Cruiserweight Division (AKA the TJ Kendrick show) continues to dissapoint. Although the 6 man tag was decent the actual title match wasn't that good and the ending was obvious as ****. Still have no idea why the **** you would create a division all about cruiserweights AKA the high flyers and then make BOTH of your leading men be submission dudes. Seriously what? Whole division is being handled horrendously.

Cesaro/Sheamus VS New Day was great other than a few botches (Xavier had one blatantly obvious one where he countered too early) everything was great except the ending. Having one team be champion for sooooooooooooo long is kind of lame especially when Cesaro and Shame were looking sooooooo good that match.

Main event
Was awesome from the beginning. Stretcher scene was too long but Charlotte was a good heel so I dont mind too much (one too many hey hey goodbyes for my taste though) "where's my title" gave me a good laugh. Her hulking out after just being considered unfit to compete and being on a stretcher seemed a litttle silly tho.

Actual match was really good and brutal all the way through. Sold the back injury really well and had a bunch of good hit I dont feel like getting into.

That poor poor ending though. Some people have a problem with tabels breaking too early. Sasha manages to get slammed into one twice and have it NOT break. Super bad flub there ruined a spectacular match

Final result
WOO but shame no one went to the top of the cell/10

Burruni

Smash Hero
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi
Rutela

I've mentioned before in Hoenn I usually like to have two water types on my team (mainly because of the many water type HM's), and I've went ahead and caught myself a Feebas....It was far less painful than I expected but it turns out Game Freak made Feebas far less painful to catch since you can catch it under normal circumstances as a rare encounter, though the 6 tile method is still a thing...Managed to encounter it within about 10 minutes...However instead of using the first one I caught, like I usually do in casual playthroughs, I decided to fire up the DexNav...Feebas learns Dragon Pulse from breeding and having a Milotic with Dragon Pulse is better than not having one...So I caught one with Dragon Pulse...This Milotic has Competitive which is actually a pretty useful ability, especially when up against pokes with Intimidate and considering how many trainers have M...

Also forgot that the Poke-block case was changed so that not only is the minigame removed to make it faster to generate Pokeblocks, but you can also use it anywhere instead of only in Contest halls...Game Freak is really making it easier to get a Milotic in this game...I remember actually making the attempt to get a Milotic in Ruby and gaddam that took forever....

Anyways Defeated Winona so I can use Fly, and defeated May on her 'final battle'...Now I'm wandering around Mt. Pyre...thinking of a possible final team member from here...but still am considering my options...I do have a big Fairy weakness I kinda want to address though there's no real threats from Fairy types in Hoenn apart from Gardevoir, but the only notable Gardevoir was with Wally who was replaced by Gallade...Somewhat leaning towards a Ghost type or a Fire type, pretty much making Banette and Ninetales my two main candidates...aaaallthough...I'm also considering a Froslass since she is obtainable in this game (I'll just trade over a Dawn Stone so I don't have to wait until Wally to get one if I decide on using it)...
Think I might grab Ninetales despite myself planning on using Alola Ninetales in Sun/Moon...Fire seems the most beneficial typing to add to my team at this point...
I hate to break it to you.
But Feebas are even easier to find than that.
During the day, fish under the bridge east of the Weather Institute or at Night, the big rock at the southernmost point of the water.
100% encounter.

Chrono.

So Hell In A Cell is over

Rusev and Rains could have been better. Good starter but Rusev really should have won. Two finishing moves including ONE WITH A ****ING CHAIN WHILE ON A TABLE for a good minute or two and he just. . . breaks out. Into an instant spear and finish too. Pretty anticlimactic.

Bayley/Dana and Enzo/Cass/ThelLub couldn't keep y attention

Rollins and Owens was pretty good. Jericho was kind of badly done though. Came in. Got hit like 7 times. Did one thing super important thing. Ten had no more input
Other than that one detail it was pretty fantastic beginning to end. Also double tables is awesome.

Cruiserweight Division (AKA the TJ Kendrick show) continues to dissapoint. Although the 6 man tag was decent the actual title match wasn't that good and the ending was obvious as ****. Still have no idea why the **** you would create a division all about cruiserweights AKA the high flyers and then make BOTH of your leading men be submission dudes. Seriously what? Whole division is being handled horrendously.

Cesaro/Sheamus VS New Day was great other than a few botches (Xavier had one blatantly obvious one where he countered too early) everything was great except the ending. Having one team be champion for sooooooooooooo long is kind of lame especially when Cesaro and Shame were looking sooooooo good that match.

Main event
Was awesome from the beginning. Stretcher scene was too long but Charlotte was a good heel so I dont mind too much (one too many hey hey goodbyes for my taste though) "where's my title" gave me a good laugh. Her hulking out after just being considered unfit to compete and being on a stretcher seemed a litttle silly tho.

Actual match was really good and brutal all the way through. Sold the back injury really well and had a bunch of good hit I dont feel like getting into.

That poor poor ending though. Some people have a problem with tabels breaking too early. Sasha manages to get slammed into one twice and have it NOT break. Super bad flub there ruined a spectacular match

Final result
WOO but shame no one went to the top of the cell/10
Yeah that's more or less my thoughts on it.

New Day retaining and Charlotte with yet another win are my biggest gripes I had.

Charlotte because it's just gonna be another Charlotte reign and she's been holding that title since September last year.

New Day for a similar reason, the tag division is completely stagnant because of them.

I'm not sure what to make of the Universal title scene right now. HHH when?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I hate to break it to you.
But Feebas are even easier to find than that.
During the day, fish under the bridge east of the Weather Institute or at Night, the big rock at the southernmost point of the water.
100% encounter.
That just further proves my point....regardless it didn't take me long to find one, and finding my ideal Dragon Pulse Feebas didn't take long either...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Atlas
Sahara
Gobi
Rutela

wasn't there also a limit on how many pokeblocks a Pokemon could take? Though I'm glad they made it easier to catch now because it was too difficult back in G3. I don't think I ever caught a Feebas in the original RSE games either lol. Too much of a hassle :lol:

Quite ironically I was expecting BotW to be leading the poll from the start..

Bananija

Count of Trickery

You're talking about "What's this?" from "The Nightmare before Christmas" right?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Hell in a cell was a 7.5/10 ppv the cell matches were actually good for a chance lot of decent matches, and keep me entertained. Sasha losing was dumb asf but its fine,the bae will champion again soon enough.

now as A Distant Demon A Distant Demon can prove. my guy KEVIN OWENS stole the show had me jumping out the seat constantly.so I say 2nd best Ppv since the brand split.backlash being the best

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
wasn't there also a limit on how many pokeblocks a Pokemon could take? Though I'm glad they made it easier to catch now because it was too difficult back in G3. I don't think I ever caught a Feebas in the original RSE games either lol. Too much of a hassle :lol:

Quite ironically I was expecting BotW to be leading the poll from the start..
Yeah, in the original as well...You can only give your Pokemon so many before they stop eating them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom