• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
I sit, barring alt forms, with 8 Pokemon lacking in my Gen 6 collection.
Mew (in VC Blue)
Kricktune (Waiting for the ~1/5 chance of mirage location in OR+AS)
Electivire (Just gota grind BP)
Dusknoir (Grinding BP)
Manaphy (Don't know how I'll get it.)
Phione (Ditto)
Whimsicott (Just gotta grind Secret Super Training for a Sun Stone).
Genesect (Comes in November)

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So.
Mew (in VC Blue)
Dusknoir (Grinding BP)
Phione (Ditto)
I could help with Kricketune and Electrivire later if you want.

:094:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I thought of the stats for the pokemon move Solar Flare.

It's an Aura type move 100% accuracy, 20 power, special move. The attack power is multiplied by how many pokemon you have on your team. Is it bad? Too good?

D

Deleted member

It's an Aura type move 100% accuracy, 20 power, special move. The attack power is multiplied by how many pokemon you have on your team. Is it bad? Too good?
It's gonna have 120BP 99% of the time so I don't see the point
And an unrestricted 100% accuracy 120BP move is pretty broken

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

So it can max out at 120? That doesn't sound too bad. As long as the PP is no higher than 10. One suggestion is to have it only do that xNumber damage, ignoring STAB, but it also still can be resisted.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So.
Mew (in VC Blue)
Dusknoir (Grinding BP)
Phione (Ditto)
And I can help you with Phione.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I found this blog post explaining more about what's going on in South Korea and it also introduced me to the concept of "The Tyson Zone"

Sports columnist Bill Simmons coined the term "Tyson Zone," in which nothing you hear about a particular celebrity can possibly surprise you. Did you hear that Mike Tyson urinated on a police officer? Of course he did! Did you hear that Mike Tyson is attempting to breed unicorns? Of course he is! Given what you already know about Mike Tyson, none you hear about Mike Tyson could possibly surprise you.

With Choi Soon-sil-gate, Park Geun-hye put the entire country into the Tyson Zone. Every insane rumor about the president--the kind that you would see from some remote corner of the internet and laugh off--is now fair game. For years, there have been rumors that the name of Park's political party, the Saenuri Party, is a code name for a cult named shincheonji. Well, why not
That term could come in handy.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know of this is an ability in Pokemon, but I thought up one called "Power Surge". It raises the attack and special attack by 1 when it hits 50% health and then raises by 2 at 20%.

The attack and special attack raises do not stack.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just a reminder about double posts. I know sometimes it happens. Just request a merge(by sending a report or actually making an edit) and it'll be done. Keep in mind if you don't request a merge in some form, or make an edit that shows it wasn't on purpose, I have to assume you made no attempt in fixing it. I'll always give around 10-20 minutes to make sure it simply wasn't caught before performing an action.

Also keep in mind you can multiquote, so double posts shouldn't be too frequent if you try to do this.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Are we sure SiIvaGunner is actually done with his channel? He's still slowly posting stuff (like today).

Don't get me wrong, I love his HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME MUSIC RIPS but I want answers.
It appears he has one more rip upcoming (check the playliststs), as well as saying that there will be a Part 2 for Volume 7.

After that, I believe the channel will finally close up shop.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I don't know of this is an ability in Pokemon, but I thought up one called "Power Surge". It raises the attack and special attack by 1 when it hits 50% health and then raises by 2 at 20%.

The attack and special attack raises do not stack.
It's not an ability in Pokemon. The closest thing would be Drampa's Berserker ability that raises Sp Attack by 1 after it falls under 50% HP.
Also was there ever revealed to be another reveal for Sun and moon yet?
I found this blog post explaining more about what's going on in South Korea and it also introduced me to the concept of "The Tyson Zone"

That term could come in handy.
Inb4 this is just an excuse to cover up the shadow puppet government because they shouldn't have been known to the public :dazwa:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's not an ability in Pokemon. The closest thing would be Drampa's Berserker ability that raises Sp Attack by 1 after it falls under 50% HP.
Also was there ever revealed to be another reveal for Sun and moon yet?

Inb4 this is just an excuse to cover up the shadow puppet government because they shouldn't have been known to the public :dazwa:
I literally can not read your text colour. Now that I quoted I can though.

There's no news for more Pokemon news.. yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Man this would be hype if Leaf were in the game. This art looks pretty much how I'd want her to look.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Honestly I'm not really a fan of Fates anymore. The game was kinda... meh.

That being said. I am hyped to **** about the potential HD Fire Emblem for the Switch.
With FE having a mobile game coming out next year I would much rather have AW revived sometime at launch then have another FE game right away. There's so much potential for AW with the Switch IMO and it has the potential to become just as big as FE if done/marketed right.

That being said Intelligent Systems is big enough to work on multiple games. I would rather have a deal where AW gets a release at the Switch's launch and then a year or two later FE gets a release as well.

Man this would be hype if Leaf were in the game. This art looks pretty much how I'd want her to look.
Assuming GF still remembers Leaf lol. Here's hoping.

You all want to see an awesome crossover artwork between Fire Emblem Fates and Pokemon Sun and Moon? You should check this out then.

View attachment 120047

Artist credit: ひより

This has to be one of the best Fire Emblem x Pokemon crossover arts I've seen in a while.

TBH, I don't care what gender my Popplio or Rowlet would be when I get one. I'm going to name them Azura and Takumi respectively because their evolutions really match up with the two FE characters so well.
I am very dissapointed there is no Incineroar version. Maybe with The FLAME tribe's own Rinkah or something

:061:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Leaf seems to be to Pokemon what the character Flora is to the Professor Layton franchise.

A character that seems to have her existence ignored by their respective series creators for whatever reason despite fans really wanting them to be brought back into their respective series too. Wouldn't this be like the third time now?

In Leaf's case, I don't see why she can't turn up instead of Red whenever the players decide to play through Sun and Moon as Glovehead....

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The fanart of Leaf looks awesome.

I can totally emphasize with the "after the flight" picture. Jet-lag is a dastard.

Leaf seems to be to Pokemon what the character Flora is to the Professor Layton franchise.

A character that seems to have her existence ignored by their respective series creators for whatever reason despite fans really wanting them to be brought back into their respective series too. Wouldn't this be like the third time now?

In Leaf's case, I don't see why she can't turn up instead of Red whenever the players decide to play through Sun and Moon as Glovehead....
I think Flora's a case of the devs. not wanting to over-complicate the Sherlock-Watson dynamic.

I really liked what they did with her in UF though. It probably contributes to the fact that it's my favorite.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
As much as I love leaf.she was never a real character she was always just a avatar.I'm 100% sure the only reason red shows up as much as he does is because he was the final boss in G/S/C and has a team.I'm sure if he wasn't he'd be in the same spot as leaf,Brendan,Ethan,etc

D

Deleted member

It's not that Leaf is ignored... just that no player character but Red exists outside of their own games.
Red is showing up because he was the super boss of the Johto games, not because he's a PC. Leaf never showed up as a boss so her absence in SM is understandable, much like any of the other PCs
EDIT: Sorta Ninjasked

I would love to see the other main characters though, give two of the starters to each of the player ones and the third to the rival
Ethan redesign when

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
As much as I love leaf.she was never a real character she was always just a avatar.I'm 100% sure the only reason red shows up as much as he does is because he was the final boss in G/S/C and has a team.I'm sure if he wasn't he'd be in the same spot as leaf,Brendan,Ethan,etc
Like Persona 3 female lead that was only on Persona 3 Portable

Main character was the male character, female was just....well there and was also non-canonical

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think Flora's a case of the devs. not wanting to over-complicate the Sherlock-Watson dynamic.

I really liked what they did with her in UF though. It probably contributes to the fact that it's my favorite.
There was quite a lot of screen time dedicated towards Hershel and Luke over everyone else during the original trilogy (compared to the prequels) so I suppose so.

Her role in UF did help develop and evolve her character yes despite how little screentime she got, probably even more than Hershel and Luke did throughout the entirety of the original trilogy when you look further into it....

But even then, it would be nice to see the character brought back in Lady Layton, even if it's just for a quick cameo.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ironically I think Leaf is the only Non-Canon character.

Everyone else is up in the air since the games mentioned the protagonists from past games but never their name or gender

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom