• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
woof...

Ok, being able to play as Magnus, or rather control Magnus, is pretty damn cool...

But ****'s getting real now...Palutena's evil now (or is she?)

also...that moment I realize I can add powers to my weapons...took me long enough...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh God them dislike and that quote:

"Will make your enemies cry worst than a anime fan on prom night"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Its a fan roster for Source Gaming :p

Also for Opossum Opossum and any other Marvel fans out there:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Just got done reading it, got on Smashboards and saw your alert, and knew immediately what it'd be. :p

Unlike literally the entire rest of the Internet, I seem to be okay with it because I know it's a mind screw gimmick type of thing. Remember: The Red Skull still has Xavier's powers. They never got removed. This is likely something akin to Red Skull planting false memories in Steve somehow, brainwashing him. Long story short: it's Steve's mind and body, but he's not in control. My current theory at least.
That being said I have faith in Spencer. He's been handling Sam Wilson Cap pretty well, and his writing on Ant-Man is amazing. I have no doubt he'll make it work, and that this won't end up being Cap's "One More Day." :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So a "Gentle Giant" in Troperese?

:231:
Savage to her enemies, extremely reclusive to war allies to the point of making them uncomfortable, but a sweetheart once someone gets close to her.

If you need a more detailed, spoilery explanation...

The gist of her character is that she's the daughter of the Flame Tribe chieftain and they have this whole religion centered around this spiritual "flame". And they believe outsiders are likely to extinguish the flame. As such, Rinkah is a savage to anyone she considers an enemy, and extremely distant to war allies because of this custom. And in terms of Corrin, she has an extra reason to keep her distance, because Rinkah and Kaze are the Hoshidan prisoners Corrin is forced to fight and eventually spares in Chapter 2. As a result, Rinkah respects Corrin as a war ally and as her leader (in Birthright and Revelations), and will listen to his every command, but will not want to get closer to him or anyone else both because of her tribe's custom, and because she views Corrin as a reminder of one of the weakest moments in her life, where her fate was completely in Corrin's hands.

If you choose to pursue the support conversations between Corrin and Rinkah, you end up finding out about the customs her tribe has, and Corrin tries to push Rinkah to talk to her allies more since it'll make her less tense around everyone. In the A Support, he also suggests that she explore the world a bit so she can learn about other cultures, because her travelling with this army may be the Flame Tribes only means of learning more about other cultures.. If you go as far a S-Support, Rinkah will be the one to confess feelings first, explaining that Corrin being a reminder of her weakness was true for a time, but eventually she developed feelings for him and those feelings conflicted with the memory of the day in Chapter 2, which was why she got s hot and bothered around him. Then Corrin will confess that he was making excuses himself, saying that he may have only tried convincing her to talk to others because he wanted an excuse to talk to her more himself. When Corrin suggests that "I suppose we met in the worst possible way", Rinkah says she'll now remember that day as the happiest day in her life after hearing Corrin has mutual feelings for her. Turning her emotional weakness into an emotional strength.

In other supports, lots of adorable things happen with her, like Kaze accidentally discovering she has a strong sweet tooth and loves candy, or how Silas convinces her to play tag by bigging it up to be a "Nohrian war game". In general, I also like how she has this tribal background you can learn about.

She's basically the only female character I had a personal interest in until Hinoka and Reina came around, and I S-Supported her way before they were even added to my army (though even if they came earlier, I still would have ended up with Rinkah). As a marriage partner, she also has some of the most loving and passionate lines in the bonding sessions due to using a lot flame metaphors, but they still allude to her reclusive side too. Her amazing VA helps with that (who also provides the voice for Reina and one of the female Corrin voices).

In a nutshell, she's a savage to her enemies and is very reclusive with her allies, but it's because she ultimately has a vulnerable side she wants to get rid of.

You're probably the 2nd person i've seen use Rinkah around these parts.haha.
over on the DR side of things everyone except one person has benched her for someone else.

still,its nice to hear someone else using her.
Rinkah is basically the perfect example of a game character that "is useless to people who spend 5 minutes with her and drop, but becomes broken if you know what you're doing".

Between her and Rosalina in various games, I'm starting to think I have a knack for picking characters like that.

In general I have a really good master plan laid out for her and, while she's definitely been invaluable already, she will be a weapon to surpass Metal Gear by the time I'm done.

The thing a lot of people ignore about Rinkah is that the classes she has access to give her a REALLY nice set of skills that complement her tank based stats really well. Stuff like Counter, Lethality, Poison Strike, and Copycat, all complement her ability to be a tank really well, and she can get all of them. I've seen examples of it and she can effectively walk out into the open, take hits from an entire squad as long as they aren't magic based, and then cripple that squad whenever she performs a retaliation attack, and can finish them herself and with the help of her allies on the Player's next turn.

Her strength is really lacking at first as an Oni Savage since she only has access to E Class clubs, but you can make up for it by doing a little grinding to improve her efficiency in clubs, and later switching her class when she's around Level 10, and one or two Strength boosting items doesn't hurt either. There's also the fact that her Personal Skill gives her +4 Strength if she is even one point below max HP, which is meant to be your big clue that's she's designed to be a tank.

However, the ultimate class for her is Dread Fighter (and whatever the Promotion for it is, if it has one). It pretty much boosts all of her most important stats, and allows her to use clubs, katanas, and shuriken - all weapons she can be very useful with if you accumulate skills from her various classes, and doing so naturally builds up her weapon proficiency in those weapons. From Master Ninja (what I currently have her at), the only losses she has are -4 Skill, -3 Speed, and -1 Luck, but you can easily make up for those with Stat Boost items (which I already have), and they REALLY aren't too necessary for her since her Defense is so good anyway and she's built to take physical hits.

The only unfortunate limitation of this, and it's probably what kills the idea of Rinkah for many players, is that in Fates, as far as I know, the only way to get a Dread Scroll is by owning Birthright and buying Conquest or Revelations and linking them to your Birthright data. I was able to do this though since I got the Special Edition of Fates, so I already have two Dread Scrolls, one reserved for Rinkah when I finish getting the skills from other classes.

It's a shame, because Dread Fighter was just made for her.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

It's been a long while since I used Ganondorf's insane laugh as a reaction video. For a good reason.

That quote is so ironic considering the game, being Japanese...

(Wait for it.)

...Has a clearly anime-inspired art style.

Also, some 3DS games look better than that and it probably has the worst hardware of the current gen consoles (it's still a great system with great games, though).

For all the fuss about its Kickstarter campaign (how long has it been anyway?), how much funding it had and the amount of delays, you'd think the game would look more polished than that.

Of course, Inafune bit more than he could chew by trying to turn the still unreleased game into a multimedia franchise, with animated adaptations and other merchandise being made before actually finishing the damn game and measure a semblance of actual success first.

Ahhh... What a joke this game has been. Even without actually playing the game, I'm entertained.

I feel sorry for those who were genuine Mega Man fans and were hoping for a spiritual successor worthy of praise.

At least, I've heard good things about Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee, so I suppose all is not lost in the world of spiritual successors to classic game franchises made by the same creators as the originals.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's been a long while since I used Ganondorf's insane laugh as a reaction video. For a good reason.

That quote is so ironic considering the game, being Japanese...

(Wait for it.)

...Has a clearly anime-inspired art style.

Also, some 3DS games look better than that and it probably has the worst hardware of the current gen consoles (it's still a great system with great games, though).

For all the fuss about its Kickstarter campaign (how long has it been anyway?), how much funding it had and the amount of delays, you'd think the game would look more polished than that.

Of course, Inafune bit more than he could chew by trying to turn the still unreleased game into a multimedia franchise, with animated adaptations and other merchandise being made before actually finishing the damn game and measure a semblance of actual success first.

Ahhh... What a joke this game has been. Even without actually playing the game, I'm entertained.

I feel sorry for those who were genuine Mega Man fans and were hoping for a spiritual successor worthy of praise.

At least, I've heard good things about Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee, so I suppose all is not lost in the world of spiritual successors to classic game franchises made by the same creators as the originals.
The anime statement was about how stereotypical anime fans have no social life and stuff

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The anime statement was about how stereotypical anime fans have no social life and stuff
It's still ironic, considering the game has a clearly Japanese style to it. lol

Of course, the resulting salt in the comments section is glorious.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
Savage to her enemies, extremely reclusive to war allies to the point of making them uncomfortable, but a sweetheart once someone gets close to her.

If you need a more detailed, spoilery explanation...

The gist of her character is that she's the daughter of the Flame Tribe chieftain and they have this whole religion centered around this spiritual "flame". And they believe outsiders are likely to extinguish the flame. As such, Rinkah is a savage to anyone she considers an enemy, and extremely distant to war allies because of this custom. And in terms of Corrin, she has an extra reason to keep her distance, because Rinkah and Kaze are the Hoshidan prisoners Corrin is forced to fight and eventually spares in Chapter 2. As a result, Rinkah respects Corrin as a war ally and as her leader (in Birthright and Revelations), and will listen to his every command, but will not want to get closer to him or anyone else both because of her tribe's custom, and because she views Corrin as a reminder of one of the weakest moments in her life, where her fate was completely in Corrin's hands.

If you choose to pursue the support conversations between Corrin and Rinkah, you end up finding out about the customs her tribe has, and Corrin tries to push Rinkah to talk to her allies more since it'll make her less tense around everyone. In the A Support, he also suggests that she explore the world a bit so she can learn about other cultures, because her travelling with this army may be the Flame Tribes only means of learning more about other cultures.. If you go as far a S-Support, Rinkah will be the one to confess feelings first, explaining that Corrin being a reminder of her weakness was true for a time, but eventually she developed feelings for him and those feelings conflicted with the memory of the day in Chapter 2, which was why she got s hot and bothered around him. Then Corrin will confess that he was making excuses himself, saying that he may have only tried convincing her to talk to others because he wanted an excuse to talk to her more himself. When Corrin suggests that "I suppose we met in the worst possible way", Rinkah says she'll now remember that day as the happiest day in her life after hearing Corrin has mutual feelings for her. Turning her emotional weakness into an emotional strength.

In other supports, lots of adorable things happen with her, like Kaze accidentally discovering she has a strong sweet tooth and loves candy, or how Silas convinces her to play tag by bigging it up to be a "Nohrian war game". In general, I also like how she has this tribal background you can learn about.

She's basically the only female character I had a personal interest in until Hinoka and Reina came around, and I S-Supported her way before they were even added to my army (though even if they came earlier, I still would have ended up with Rinkah). As a marriage partner, she also has some of the most loving and passionate lines in the bonding sessions due to using a lot flame metaphors, but they still allude to her reclusive side too. Her amazing VA helps with that (who also provides the voice for Reina and one of the female Corrin voices).

In a nutshell, she's a savage to her enemies and is very reclusive with her allies, but it's because she ultimately has a vulnerable side she wants to get rid of.

Rinkah is basically the perfect example of a game character that "is useless to people who spend 5 minutes with her and drop, but becomes broken if you know what you're doing".

Between her and Rosalina in various games, I'm starting to think I have a knack for picking characters like that.

In general I have a really good master plan laid out for her and, while she's definitely been invaluable already, she will be a weapon to surpass Metal Gear by the time I'm done.

The thing a lot of people ignore about Rinkah is that the classes she has access to give her a REALLY nice set of skills that complement her tank based stats really well. Stuff like Counter, Lethality, Poison Strike, and Copycat, all complement her ability to be a tank really well, and she can get all of them. I've seen examples of it and she can effectively walk out into the open, take hits from an entire squad as long as they aren't magic based, and then cripple that squad whenever she performs a retaliation attack, and can finish them herself and with the help of her allies on the Player's next turn.

Her strength is really lacking at first as an Oni Savage since she only has access to E Class clubs, but you can make up for it by doing a little grinding to improve her efficiency in clubs, and later switching her class when she's around Level 10, and one or two Strength boosting items doesn't hurt either. There's also the fact that her Personal Skill gives her +4 Strength if she is even one point below max HP, which is meant to be your big clue that's she's designed to be a tank.

However, the ultimate class for her is Dread Fighter (and whatever the Promotion for it is, if it has one). It pretty much boosts all of her most important stats, and allows her to use clubs, katanas, and shuriken - all weapons she can be very useful with if you accumulate skills from her various classes, and doing so naturally builds up her weapon proficiency in those weapons. From Master Ninja (what I currently have her at), the only losses she has are -4 Skill, -3 Speed, and -1 Luck, but you can easily make up for those with Stat Boost items (which I already have), and they REALLY aren't too necessary for her since her Defense is so good anyway and she's built to take physical hits.

The only unfortunate limitation of this, and it's probably what kills the idea of Rinkah for many players, is that in Fates, as far as I know, the only way to get a Dread Scroll is by owning Birthright and buying Conquest or Revelations and linking them to your Birthright data. I was able to do this though since I got the Special Edition of Fates, so I already have two Dread Scrolls, one reserved for Rinkah when I finish getting the skills from other classes.

It's a shame, because Dread Fighter was just made for her.
sounds like you'll be just fine then.
Personally I think just about any unit from this game is usable,aside from maybe the typical Jagen. some just take a bit more time to develop than others,but i'd imagine its worth it.

D

Deleted member

I just looked back at the reaction to Hello Kitty being in Mario Maker.

.....why the flying **** should anybody care like it's an affront to God or something?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

.....why the flying **** should anybody care like it's an affront to God or something?
Because Hello Kitty is girrrrrrly and as we all know, girls are icky in any way, shape or form, especially compared to Masculine Mario

I have no idea what I'm rambling on about
It's still ironic, considering the game has a clearly Japanese style to it. lol

Of course, the resulting salt in the comments section is glorious.
You reminded me of a reason to be pissed at MN9. They promised a different artstyle that looked bootyful. Now we have ass. Makes me wonder what the **** happened in the budget department

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Because Hello Kitty is too unrelated to Nintendo.

You know, unlike Mercedes Benz or Nisekoi or however it's spelled. :p

D

Deleted member

You act like you weren't here during the Smash pre-release

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
A Distant Demon A Distant Demon
Schnee117 Schnee117

You guys might like this:
http://archive.is/nykKf
If I were to make a game based on something that wasn’t a complete original, which is what I have done in the past, it would be based on the intellectual property of RWBY. So each girl has their own kind of color, theme that they are associated with and the original creator has sadly passed away. If we were to ever make a fighting game of this, I would want to really spearhead that if possible.
The director of BlazBlue wants to make a RWBY fighting game

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I don't see how Nisekoi or BabyMetal is any closer to Nintendo than Hello Kitty. :p

:231:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because Hello Kitty is girrrrrrly and as we all know, girls are icky in any way, shape or form, especially compared to Masculine Mario

I have no idea what I'm rambling on about
You say that jokingly, but you'd be surprised by how much of the Mario and Nintendo community in general is filled with people who actually think exactly like that, and use these games as some sort of badge of masculinity.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, being serious now: the fact that Mighty No. 9 trailer had such a jab at the anime fandom has confirmed a suspicion of mine I've had for quite a while.

Apparently, hating on anime is a "cool" thing to do nowadays.

What I find baffling isn't the hate itself: I watch anime and it's not stuff like this that will change what I enjoy. I have little care about the opinions of others when it comes to my personal enjoyment. Honestly, people hating on things they don't enjoy to spite those that do are probably old as humanity itself.

What I find baffling is that this hate seems to come from video game fans, which is massively hypocritical considering not too long ago, video game fans were just as shunned and just as perceived as being anti-social loners, a stigma that still exists somewhat, even if diluted by how video games have become more mainstream with the rise of casual and mobile gaming.

It's this kind of hypocrisy that pisses me off the most, not the anime hate by itself.

Edit:

And there we have! Proof that video games fanbases can be quite infantile by themselves in the form of the current subject!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Okay, being serious now: the fact that Mighty No. 9 trailer had such a jab at the anime fandom has confirmed a suspicion of mine I've had for quite a while.

Apparently, hating on anime is a "cool" thing to do nowadays.

What I find baffling isn't the hate itself: I watch anime and it's not stuff like this that will change what I enjoy. I have little care about the opinions of others when it comes to my personal enjoyment. Honestly, people hating on things they don't enjoy to spite those that do are probably old as humanity itself.

What I find baffling is that this hate seems to come from video game fans, which is massively hypocritical considering not too long ago, video game fans were just as shunned and just as perceived as being anti-social loners, a stigma that still exists somewhat, even if diluted by how video games have become more mainstream with the rise of casual and mobile gaming.

It's this kind of hypocrisy that pisses me off the most, not the anime hate by itself.

Edit:

And there we have! Proof that video games fanbases can be quite infantile by itself in the form of the current subject!
Well that reason is just that anime fans are one of the most toxic fanbases out there. And I say this as a fan. I freaking love anime and discussing it but holy hell, it's fanbase is bad and it's just an easy target because that, how modern anime is now portrayed and how it's still not as mainstream despite what companies may believe.

People will rather accept animation from their home land or from the west. And most of it being super cartoony or realistic. Anime hit that middle ground but isnt well like that what it should. There's a reason why anime swordsman is the main complaint in Smash roster.

Not enough cartoonist look or realistic looks of characters

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You say that jokingly, but you'd be surprised by how much of the Mario and Nintendo community in general is filled with people who actually think exactly like that, and use these games as some sort of badge of masculinity.
The funny thing about that statement is that even the Mario spin-off titles can have their girly moments. This is especially true in Mario Kart, where a female character may use a vehicle that's on the cute side, instead of something more manly.

Soul.

Is this game really going to have a cringeworthy narrative.

Looks like something you'd see on 7th gen consoles tbh. I'm not sure if the older trailers were as weird as this one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well that reason is just that anime fans are one of the most toxic fanbases out there. And I say this as a fan. I freaking love anime and discussing it but holy hell, it's fanbase is bad and it's just an easy target because that, how modern anime is now portrayed and how it's still not as mainstream despite what companies may believe.

People will rather accept animation from their home land or from the west. And most of it being super cartoony or realistic. Anime hit that middle ground but isnt well like that what it should. There's a reason why anime swordsman is the main complaint in Smash roster.

Not enough cartoonist look or realistic looks of characters
Yeah, I know all of that.

Let's not make any mistakes here: the anime fanbase is overall terrible in how obsessive and obnoxious they can be about the shows they like. Despite being a fan of anime, I try to stay away from the fanbase at large, though there are some reasonable fellows too.

It doesn't help that some mainstream anime paint a very wrong image of the medium overall. Being an advocate on not judging things solely by first impressions (don't judge a book by its cover blah blah blah), I wasn't too affected by it, but I can still acknowledge the importance of first impressions.

When there's a stereotypical perception of anime as being "eccentric Japanese animation with porn and excessive violence", things don't bode well for the poorly informed. (I could go on a rant about ignorance and how, in this day and age, people don't know how to search for information despite having the Internet at their disposal almost anywhere and anytime, but I'll spare my patience and yours too.)

Even after around 2~3 years of being into anime, there's still stuff about the fanbase and the medium overall that rubs me the wrong way and, admittedly, I was turned off by anime for quite a while, because I had a negative perception of it before I actually decided to try it for myself.

Still, considering that there is an overlap between the video game and anime fandoms, especially the video game fans that prefer Japanese games, it's poor marketing to do such a jab, especially considering the game itself is Japanese and has a inspiration from manga and anime in not just the art style, but has a similar kind of flashiness seen in such mediums.

The trailer's dialogue itself is overall juvenile and trying hard at being edgy, which kinda describes the video game fandom nowadays.

As for me, I'm amused, though kinda pissed off too, by the gigantic hypocrisy this is.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Maybe it's because of my college experience, but I don't really see the big deal about that comment. It's not funny, but I don't think it's something to rage about either, as anime is about as mainstream as it's ever been outside of Japan.

I just want the game to be released already so the train wreck that was it's development can end. Will buy it, it's just no longer a Day 1 purchase for me.

As for graphics, I think Network Transmission/Powered Up had more visual appeal. Speaking of which, I'd love to see what they do with the music. Network Transmission had a great electronic soundtrack that I think would really fit the feel of this game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think that prom nihgt comment is not much in and of itself but shows how a project that sold itself on being "for the fans" turned out to be completely tone-deaf.

You gotta remember there are a load of people who see Big Bang Theory as a direct insult towards them.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The "anime fan on prom night" comment is stupid because it's such a specific thing to take a jab at.

Ignoring the poor and not necessarily true stereotyping, they could have just said something more general like "a nerd on prom night" and I don't think AS much of a fuss would be made. "Nerd" is such a vague term and has been used for jabs so much at this point that I don't think anyone would give a damn. If anything, people would say it's trying too hard to be 90's and nothing else.

However, throwing "anime fan" in there is a much more specific comment and people know exactly what that refers to so they shouldn't have done that.

And as the post above me pointed out, it's just tone deaf in general.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Or Yuu for being "kawaii cringe" anime trash.

Even though the character is from the same series as Barbara the Bat. That art style makes her stand out a lot compared to the cartoony anthropomorphized characters in the universe.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, I don't mind the jab at the anime fanbase itself. I've indulged myself on self-deprecating humor before and I've given more jabs at the anime and video game fandoms than I can count.

The problem I have is that it confirmed my suspicion of how in the video game community, it's becoming "cool" to hate anime (and by extension, Japanese games) for whatever reason.

The funny part comes from the sheer hypocrisy given MN9 is a Japanese game and has an anime aesthetic to it, which is also kinda sad coming from the marketing team.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I have a sneaking suspicion that the random string of letters there is some kind of clue for something. Like an anagram or something.

Oh, and also in Sonic related stuff, something really cool happened today.

A Sonic fan bought the domain name for the old Sonic Adventure website that you could connect to on your Dreamcast within the game itself, and has restored it.

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/05/25...st-website-returns-thanks-to-a-true-blue-fan/

You can visit it here. It even works on the Dreamcast again apparently, so if you have a Dreamcast and a copy of Sonic Adventure, you should be able to visit it from there. IIRC this was used for the game's DLC distribution too, so maybe people will be able to access it easily again soon.

http://sonic-adventure.com/DRMCST.HTM

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Or Yuu for being "kawaii cringe" anime trash.

Even though the character is from the same series as Barbara the Bat. That art style makes her stand out a lot compared to the cartoony anthropomorphized characters in the universe.
To be fair, the character herself is kind of annoying. Having her say "Jampu!" within each jump isn't really helping. Then there's the "singing" of the stage clear theme.

Still kind of baffles me how fans want her as a playable Smash character over the true protagonist (Barbara). Because she's so "kawaii" while Barbara is too "ugly" for them to handle.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I look at the line like a joke that might have had something but really makes little sense when you really thing about it.
Just use "nerd" and get it over with. Sure it'd be just as stupid and a crapton more cliche (and also a tad hypocritical given the audience they're trying to get), but at least it would have made more sense than "anime fan".

Because you know, all anime fans can't get dates I guess.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Reminder that the first prototype of Mighty No. 9 looked like this:

I have to wonder what exactly went wrong with the development of the game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Reminder that the first prototype of Mighty No. 9 looked like this:

I have to wonder what exactly went wrong with the development of the game.
I might have an idea actually. Too much money put into advertising the game, Red Ash, the upcoming movie, etc. Inafune tried to make it more successful than Mega Man before release, and promotion is costly

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I might have an idea actually. Too much money put into advertising the game, Red Ash, the upcoming movie, etc. Inafune tried to make it more successful than Mega Man before release, and promotion is costly
In other words, awful budget management.

Inafune put a lot of money where he shouldn't have (i.e. movie, merchandise) instead of using to give the game polish.

And the Red Ash stuff only makes it worse. I mean, he opened a new Kickstarter before finishing the first project.

A lot of people feel betrayed by all this and it really shows how not to run a business.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In other words, awful budget management.

Inafune put a lot of money where he shouldn't have (i.e. movie, merchandise) instead of using to give the game polish.

And the Red Ash stuff only makes it worse. I mean, he opened a new Kickstarter before finishing the first project.

A lot of people feel betrayed by all this and it really shows how not to run a business.
I think Gunvolt might have had involvement too. Gunvolt was announced, released and is getting a sequel, all before MN9 was finished. Inafune was working on it, as a director, that was ****ing dumb as he had 2 things to work on at the same time, but Inti Creates had more priority, meaning Inafune likely spent more time working on Gunvolt so the game devs for MN9 didn't have a director, therefore didn't really know what to do either. I heard Inafune's a perfectionist like Sakurai when it comes to 'artistic vision', meaning it's entirely possible Inafune didn't like what was made without his supervision and demanded everyone to start over till he had what he wanted

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I have a sneaking suspicion that the random string of letters there is some kind of clue for something. Like an anagram or something.

Oh, and also in Sonic related stuff, something really cool happened today.

A Sonic fan bought the domain name for the old Sonic Adventure website that you could connect to on your Dreamcast within the game itself, and has restored it.

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/05/25...st-website-returns-thanks-to-a-true-blue-fan/

You can visit it here. It even works on the Dreamcast again apparently, so if you have a Dreamcast and a copy of Sonic Adventure, you should be able to visit it from there. IIRC this was used for the game's DLC distribution too, so maybe people will be able to access it easily again soon.

http://sonic-adventure.com/DRMCST.HTM
Just checked. The thing's not an anagram, a Caesar cipher, Atbash cipher, or Vigenere cipher as far as I can tell. Ran a bunch of tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom