• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, who knows how to add music into Smash Wii U?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

SkeletorWat.avi
It is bad that I like it? Seeing these flat out unexpected characters is fun. :laugh:

I guess it could be because I don't own SMM, but I actually laughed. I can expect surprises and never be disappointed.

:231:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After Nisekoi made its way into Super Mario Maker, anything is possible. lol

Of course, someone somewhere is probably complaining how Nintendo is ruined because of that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
After Nisekoi made its way into Super Mario Maker, anything is possible. lol

Of course, someone somewhere is probably complaining how Nintendo is ruined because of that.
People will find any excuse to say Nintendo is doomed. I remember someone who claimed gaming as a whole wqs suffering because Dragonite isn't in Smash or Pokken. The only thing related to Nintendo that is doomed these days is gaming journalism, but that's not exclusive to Nintendo nor are they to blame

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Aight so,

I finished the first case from the first game last night, and I have to say I like what I see.
The dialogue's well-written, the toupee-throwing was pretty great, and Larry Butz is probably up there on the "really great stupid characters" list.
I'll do some more, soon.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

I can't figure out for life of me what the left most and right most marvel characters are.

The left one seems to be doing one of Deadpool's moves in Marvel 3, but the right one seems to have something sitting on their back and I swear its Deadpool's swords (or katanas, whatever).

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

I can't figure out for life of me what the left most and right most marvel characters are.

The left one seems to be doing one of Deadpool's moves in Marvel 3, but the right one seems to have something sitting on their back and I swear its Deadpool's swords (or katanas, whatever).
Or all of them could literally be just Deadpool in different costumes. Deadpool vs. Deadpool 4, now that's a game I'd literally rip my wallet out of my pocket for.

But seriously, I didn't know they're actually making MvC4. I may pick it up when it comes out depending on what characters are in it.

(Also, second one looks like Thor, to me.)

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Or all of them could literally be just Deadpool in different costumes. Deadpool vs. Deadpool 4, now that's a game I'd literally rip my wallet out of my pocket for.

But seriously, I didn't know they're actually making MvC4. I may pick it up when it comes out depending on what characters are in it.

(Also, second one looks like Thor, to me.)
Its a fan roster for Source Gaming :p

Also for Opossum Opossum and any other Marvel fans out there:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aight so,

I finished the first case from the first game last night, and I have to say I like what I see.
The dialogue's well-written, the toupee-throwing was pretty great, and Larry Butz is probably up there on the "really great stupid characters" list.
I'll do some more, soon.
More people are starting PWAA
You're in for a ride, buddy
Man, this reminds me that I need to start case 2 in JfA already
Rosalina ban when?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

SkeletorWat.avi
So Pucca when?

Apparently it's possible to include custom Super Mario Maker sprites through modding. (I believe I saw a Callie and Marie sprites modded in from Twitter) I' m interested in including my custom made Professor Layton sprites when we reach a point to that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Pucca when?

Apparently it's possible to include custom Super Mario Maker sprites through modding. (I believe I saw a Callie and Marie sprites modded in from Twitter) I' m interested in including my custom made Professor Layton sprites when we reach a point to that.
The Callie and Marie ones aren't custom, they're official ones added in an update but aren't publicly released yet. Modders just accessed them early.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The Callie and Marie ones aren't custom, they're official ones added in an update but aren't publicly released yet. Modders just accessed them early.
Oh is that so? I thought they weren't able to do that since Nintendo saves the sprites in a different way than usual. Then again, I suppose that's only for ripping the sprites.... Oh well , hopefully we will be able to do that at some point in the future then.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I found this comment funny

Coincidences between Lincoln and Kennedy

Abraham Lincoln's secretary was named Mrs Kennedy. John Kennedy's secretary was named Mrs Lincoln. Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1848. Kennedy in 1948. Lincoln was elected President in 1860. Kennedy in 1960. Both Lincoln and Kennedy had Vice Presidents named Johnson. In the year before his death, Lincoln was in Monroe, Maryland. In the year before his death, Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe.
I've got a book with a lot of creepy coincidences in it.
  • Both served the country in war.
  • Both gained political stature through debates.
  • Both were elected to Congress in a '47 year.
  • Both were elected President in a '60 year.
  • Both were succeeded by Vice Presidents named Johnson.
  • Both Johnsons were Senators.
  • Both Johnsons were born in the South.
  • Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.
  • Lincoln's secretary tried to stop him from going to Ford's Theater. Kennedy's secretary tried to stop him from going to Dallas.
  • Both were killed on Friday.
  • Both were shot in the back of the head.
  • Both were seated next to their wives when they died.
  • John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were both born in the South.
  • Both Johnsons were born in an '08 year.
  • Both assassins were born in a '39 year.
  • Both assassins were shot and killed before they could stand trial.
  • Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and fled to a storehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a storehouse and fled to a theater.
  • "John Wilkes Booth" and "Lee Harvey Oswald" both have exactly 15 letters.
  • "Andrew Johnson" and "Lyndon Johnson" both have exactly 13 letters.
  • "Lincoln" and "Kennedy" are both exactly seven letters.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how I was just saying that Rosalina doesn't win enough tournaments to get banned/nerfed, and then this Spongebros comic appears on my Facebook feed.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've got a book with a lot of creepy coincidences in it.
  • Both served the country in war.
  • Both gained political stature through debates.
  • Both were elected to Congress in a '47 year.
  • Both were elected President in a '60 year.
  • Both were succeeded by Vice Presidents named Johnson.
  • Both Johnsons were Senators.
  • Both Johnsons were born in the South.
  • Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Kennedy had a secretary named Lincoln.
  • Lincoln's secretary tried to stop him from going to Ford's Theater. Kennedy's secretary tried to stop him from going to Dallas.
  • Both were killed on Friday.
  • Both were shot in the back of the head.
  • Both were seated next to their wives when they died.
  • John Wilkes Booth and Lee Harvey Oswald were both born in the South.
  • Both Johnsons were born in an '08 year.
  • Both assassins were born in a '39 year.
  • Both assassins were shot and killed before they could stand trial.
  • Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and fled to a storehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a storehouse and fled to a theater.
  • "John Wilkes Booth" and "Lee Harvey Oswald" both have exactly 15 letters.
  • "Andrew Johnson" and "Lyndon Johnson" both have exactly 13 letters.
  • "Lincoln" and "Kennedy" are both exactly seven letters.
Someone please play a scare chord now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just had a dream about a new Sonic game but it was Sonic Adventure remake where it redid the Ice Cap Zone snowboarding section and it looked awesome.

But it'll never be real. :urg:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Bravely Second does end one HELL of a sequel hook.

TL;DR Review: Brought back a majority of the old cast in damn good ways. Some jobs still end up having either niche usage or damn-near uselessness. Synergies get far more insane in a good way in what you can pull off. Game overall kinda peaks in difficulty around chapter 4 of 6. Improved on just about every damn mechanic from the original. The actual Bravely Second namesake function suffers from some Too Good to Use but damn I don't mind. Only one particular area flared me up about having poor design.

SWEET GOD THIS GLORIOUS WRITING THO.

9/10 Glad I sunk ~70 hours into. (And there's apparently content that doesn't unlock until you've already beaten it).
The memes are indeed cringeworthy. That said, there are some pretty good lines from Cu, Barras and Nikolai among others.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The memes are indeed cringeworthy. That said, there are some pretty good lines from Cu, Barras and Nikolai among others.
At no point did I say that there were memes nor were they cringeworthy.
(Hell the only aggrivation over any part was Minette's forced puns and Aimee's.... choice in voice, I didn't notice any specific memes).
No the writing is actually outstanding.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rinkah is literally the textbook definition of "looks like she would kill you, but is actually a cinnamon roll".

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Let's not even get into her support conversations with Kaze.

D

Deleted member

Oh holy **** farming in Earthbound is so tedious... I recently got 2 Star Pendants and I still have one more to go (for the sake of having what the internet calls "best equipment in the game, though I'll be skipping the Gutsy Bat because it's only available near the end of the game anyway) but damn is it hard to get....

Last edited by a moderator:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

What the heck this isn't Nintendo vs Capcom

Im gonna take a guess and say right most is ant-man

Bravely Second does end one HELL of a sequel hook.
Sequel hooks means more sequels. And I want more Bravely sequels. MANY more sequels!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Im gonna take a guess and say right most is ant-man

Sequel hooks means more sequels. And I want more Bravely sequels. MANY more sequels!
The thing is.
How do you make a titular mechanic out of "Bravely Third"?
You have the bp system for Bravely Default.
You have the sp system for Bravely Second.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just recruited Kana (finally, that mission was available for a while but I didn't have the right units and I was under-leveled), and the C Support between her and Rinkah took Rinkah's love of flowers to an even more adorable level.

Kana has been picking tons of flowers for her because she noticed Rinkah smiles whenever she sees a nice bed of flowers, and when Rinkah finds that out, this happens. She is such a nice mother too.

EDIT: Turns out that this support is shared between female Kana and all of the potential mothers she can have, though they do handle the expression and tone a bit differently depending on who the mother is, to fit their characters.

It's still cute though.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rinkah is literally the textbook definition of "looks like she would kill you, but is actually a cinnamon roll".

So a "Gentle Giant" in Troperese?

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

You're probably the 2nd person i've seen use Rinkah around these parts.haha.
over on the DR side of things everyone except one person has benched her for someone else.

still,its nice to hear someone else using her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom