• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
HM's being removed gives the move deleter a lot less work to do that's for sure...

I can still see usage for stuff like Fake Out/Last Resort sets but other than that...

----

What was handy for dig is that its a free Escape Rope in a cave...it does decent damage but is outclassed by Earthquake later on anyway...but like Fly it can be used for stalling out attacks...

It can be good for coverage at certain points as well, as a lot of Pokemon can learn it...

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
That's why I said early game, you aren't going to run into Earthquake that early
That's the old Pokemon player in me talking. Man, I can remember Pokemon Stadium 2's Trainer school from Gen 2 talking about set ups and move combos. That's kinda stuck in my head.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My main complaint about Dig being removed as a TM is that it's replaced by freaking LEECH LIFE
Unless Leech Life gets a major buff, I'll be extremely salty about it

Burruni

Smash Hero
That's the old Pokemon player in me talking. Man, I can remember Pokemon Stadium 2's Trainer school from Gen 2 talking about set ups and move combos. That's kinda got stuck in my head.
I still have never come across a point where Stomp doing more damage to a pokemon who's used Minimize naturally.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My main complaint about Dig being removed as a TM is that it's replaced by freaking LEECH LIFE
Unless Leech Life gets a major buff, I'll be extremely salty about it
I have that same complaint

Who the heck is going to teach a pokemon leech life?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Never understood why Rock Climb confused. Is there something in the Japanese name that'd explain it

Or is the foe like "Wha- what are you trying to do?! I'm not a Rock!"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at all of the new Pokémon, I don't see any that looks like the Strange Souvenir item from X & Y.

Am I missing something?

D

Deleted member

Waterfall is a pretty decent water physical attack move with 80 base power and a chance to flinch me thinks
Waterfall was a great move actually, it's what you would always go with on a physical water type, though ingame non competive I prefer awua tail because it's a cooler move in concept. :p

Never understood why Rock Climb confused. Is there something in the Japanese name that'd explain it

Or is the foe like "Wha- what are you trying to do?! I'm not a Rock!"
I always imagined in my head literally climbing on top of your opponent. :p

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I still have never come across a point where Stomp doing more damage to a pokemon who's used Minimize naturally.
Those would be fun to revisit. I haven't see Minimize used much either, so Stomp doesn't come to mind. I'd be interested in newer moves and existing moves have that level of set ups, move combos, and getting around certain moves like Gen 2 did.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only time I remember even seeing minimize is with grimer and muk in gen 1

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Do you guys ever feel like nobody likes you, but you know that isn't true?
Get that feeling alot. Some cases I get that feeling here

Not saying anyone here hates but just the idea of it

While we're on the topic, outside of Surf and Waterfall being standard reliable water attacks, Fly being a pretty good move on NPCs and Rock Smash helping out on occasion, were any HMs useful in battle? And don't say Defog, it became useful LONG after it was demoted.
Strength was really good if you had a Tauros. He was an HM slave I love since it was useful in moments of the battle especially with the movepool of Stomp, Surf, Strength and Rock Smash (although I replaced the latter with Brick Break)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Stomp, I really hope it eventually becomes a TM. Sawsbuck could get good mileage out of it and actually give it a purpose for having Serene Grace.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Day 19: Danse Macabre

This surreal tune retells the classic story of death itself coming to call the dead to dance... a dance linking every man, woman, child, peasant, and king.

Tomorrow...
What comes next? We already know.
Just dig into some games, and the answer will show!
Be sure to guess! The time is near...
When all my riddles disappear!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

This surreal tune retells the classic story of death itself coming to call the dead to dance... a dance linking every man, woman, child, peasant, and king.

Tomorrow...
Shovel Knight - The Apparition?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Do you guys ever feel like nobody likes you, but you know that isn't true?
Yes, but my rationality fights so violently against it that it goes away soon. We ought not put too much regard on how others view us, though, lest we fall easily into despair and stumble from the righteous way. Or have a harder time finding it in the first place.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Halloween music, I had a woman a year ago that talked to me while I was working the cash registers at work

She said her kid wanted to dress up as Michael Jackson for Halloween and asked my opinion if she should get a costume for him for Thriller or Smooth Criminal.

What I said was Smooth Criminal because I like it a little more, she said the kid prefers Thriller but Smooth Criminal would probably be easier to get a costume for

I found that kind of an odd conversation to random talk to a cashier about honestly,

Edit: LOL, I said Christmas instead of Halloween

Last edited:

Tomorrow...
uhh specter knight theme?

:061:

Chrono.

Looking at all of the new Pokémon, I don't see any that looks like the Strange Souvenir item from X & Y.

Am I missing something?
Probably one of the Tapus when they're closed.

Or Marshadow mayyyyy-be?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I refuse to accept these results! The data miners rigged the demo! It was datamined by Russians! Polygon is the media arm of M$!! Gamefreak had over 3,000 New Pokemons but were mysteriously deleted by staff smashing their monitors!! Professor Oak needs help getting to his car and doesn't have the stamina to continue being a professor! He's also on drugs!

I can grab it by the Litten! I can do that as a star!!!!
GAME THEORY: WAS THE SUN AND MOON SPECIAL DEMO DATAMINING AN INSIDE JOB?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And watched that GX video. How salty would people get if Ash was the main rival and he starts with Pikachu and gets Ash Greninja by the 3rd fight?

And Guardians of The Galaxy looks pretty cool.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Even if Leech Life got buffed a lot, I still can't see any justification for it replacing Dig, especially when there are other TMs they could get rid of instead, like Confide (does anyone even remember that one exists?)

:094:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While on the topic, I think we're overdue for more than just 100 TMs. There's already over 600 moves in game and all that this leads to is the remake/sequel being the only one where the postgame challenge is worth doing as it has all the tutors.

MajinBuu272

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KidBuu9000
Switch FC
SW-5273-4956-4209
I'm fine with just 100 TMs, I just wish that they would choose better moves to be TMs
(as stated above: leech life is a TM but not nasty plot)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I haven't seen the leaked TM list yet. But...is Fake Out one of them, by any chance?

D

Deleted member

We've talked about so much pokemon it seems Nintenzone is being sponsored.

:troll:
:061:
Damn it, I knew I should've screen shotted a certain something. One time when we were all rambling about Donald Trump, a Trump advertisement played on the bottom corner of this site. :p No joke.

D

Deleted member

Dig was useful for Pokemon that wanted the Ground coverage but didn't have access to Earthquake
Guess Bulldoze it is
>Mightyena can't learn it
**** you too
Even then, special-based Bug types get kinda screwed with the removal of Struggle Bug, especially after it got buffed to an usable BP
Even if Leech Life gets buffed to 60BP, X-Scissor exists(though I guess Scizor would LOVE that)

This also reminds me, I wonder how many learnsets are gonna be changed, Alola forms are sure to get new ones but I wonder about the other ones

Also, Opossum Opossum , you didn't answer mt question as to whether or not Aegislash is allowed in the tournament
So I haven't seen the leaked TM list yet. But...is Fake Out one of them, by any chance?
Nope, unfortunately

Chrono.

I'm fine with Leech Life as a TM as long as it's buffed to be Bug type's answer to Drain Punch.

Also lol Riddler.

Apparently he thinks the starter secret was scrapped. Sure buddy.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think bug should get an equivalent to giga drain

But physical

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dig was useful for Pokemon that wanted the Ground coverage but didn't have access to Earthquake
Guess Bulldoze it is
>Mightyena can't learn it
**** you too
Even then, special-based Bug types get kinda screwed with the removal of Struggle Bug, especially after it got buffed to an usable BP
Even if Leech Life gets buffed to 60BP, X-Scissor exists(though I guess Scizor would LOVE that)

This also reminds me, I wonder how many learnsets are gonna be changed, Alola forms are sure to get new ones but I wonder about the other ones

Also, Opossum Opossum , you didn't answer mt question as to whether or not Aegislash is allowed in the tournament

Nope, unfortunately
Oh damn, I thought I answered that, haha. If you'd like to contest Aegislash, I'll make a poll later (this goes for anything in Ubers or above. If you want it to not be banned, I'll make a poll).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom