• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, it's settled.

Most of us either are unreasonably lonely or have an inferiority complex! :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Finally downloading Sun & Moon demo. Too bad the download is very slow...

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninte...re-are-no-gyms-or-hms-in-pokemon-sun-and-moon

That means, no more HM-slaves ! \o/
(I still hope though Surf and Fly are still there as TMs, as they were the only 2 worth HMs in battle.)

Also no more gyms, that will add a significant amount of novelty in the adventure.
Though that also means we'll never see a Gym Leader dedicated to the Dark type...
Dataminers have confirmed Fly, Surf and Waterfall will return as TMs.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I hate people saying that encountering legendaries is "too easy" in recent pokemon games.
When 2 of the 3 birds were in dungeons that the average player would both pass through and see if thy were being any level of thorough for Kanto.
The roaming system for legendaries has always been a massive complaint.
And most of the post-game legendaries (namely soaring based) in ORAS has reasonings that go up to Mew Truck levels of stupid.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The whole "no more Gyms thing" is only pertaining to Sun & Moon right?

I really hope that doesn't imply every game going forward won't have Gyms.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
I admit, HMs are a pain to remove when you needed them gone. At least with modern TMs, you can reuse them. As for the gyms, removing them is a game changer (I have have to determine if this is for the better or worse.) Though, I don't want changes to everything in a franchise all the time. I want some stable concepts to hang around.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I felt I was well liked I probably wouldn't have just got an increased dosage of anti anxiety medication and a reference to a therapist. That was my doctor's appointment today

Chrono.

The whole "no more Gyms thing" is only pertaining to Sun & Moon right?

I really hope that doesn't imply every game going forward won't have Gyms.
Probably not.

Ohmori said it was because Gyms would be out of place in a region like Alola.

D

Deleted member

I love how those that weren't following the datamining are acting like no HMs are news :p
And no gyms was something we knew about since the Island Trials were revealed

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While we're on the topic, outside of Surf and Waterfall being standard reliable water attacks, Fly being a pretty good move on NPCs and Rock Smash helping out on occasion, were any HMs useful in battle? And don't say Defog, it became useful LONG after it was demoted.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
While we're on the topic, outside of Surf and Waterfall being standard reliable water attacks, Fly being a pretty good move on NPCs and Rock Smash helping out on occasion, were any HMs useful in battle? And don't say Defog, it became useful LONG after it was demoted.
Strength had some use.

D

Deleted member

Strength was kind of alright (Especially if you had a normal type with high attack, such as Snorlax) but other than that, I don't think there was.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why'd they get rid of dig though?

It's fairly useful early game as a ground move

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Cut is a weaker slash, Flash is just another sand-attack, Whirlpool is a water type Fire Spin, Rock Climb like a weaker strength but with a chance to confuse (which got nerfed)....

I mean they aren't useless but there are better moves to use instead of them...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Strength's a pretty good normal type move
It's pretty much outclassed by return though.

I also forgot to say this last night, but I'm really glad there's no HMs. I was getting tired of having to teach hms just because, or have a pokemon that knows them on my team, just because. It opens more freedom with team potential.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I never understood was why the hold item Berserk Gene was the only hold item (that had an original effect) to not exist in Generation III or beyond.

And I don't think Sun & Moon work fix it either.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Waterfall is a pretty decent water physical attack move with 80 base power and a chance to flinch me thinks

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Waterfall is a pretty decent physical attack move with 80 base power and a chance to flinch me thinks
It's probably the best of the Water Physical attacks as Aqua tail has a lower chance of hitting, even if it's got higher base damage

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Why'd they get rid of dig though?

It's fairly useful early game as a ground move
I wouldn't risk it with the potential of getting tagged by Earthquake. It's a good stalling move, if Earthquake isn't involved.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Reminder that this is the path to get the Regis in RSE/ORAS, if you didn't have a guide.
  1. Stumble upon the Sealed Cavern, which is one dive spot in the maze of sea currents between Pacifidlog and Slateport
  2. Resurface at a specific spot
  3. Decipher that the random symbols across the mounds are actually a cipher for braile to english, 6 letters at a time.
  4. Use this to figure out that the back wall is telling you to use dig at that specific spot for the wall to blast open. In gen 3, if you taught dig via tm to someone and, say, replaced it with EQ later, this required somehow discovering that Nincada learns this at 41 or Trapinch learns it at 45, both well past their evolution point.
  5. Translate again using the cipher to learn that you specifically need a Wailord and Relicanth in your party (the latter being PARTICULARLY rare, and I don't even know if NPCs use it so ITS location might be a mystery) and thy have to be in a specific position that actually depended on what version of thee game you're playing.
  6. Then you get to find where all 3 of them are hidden in the world with unmarked areas. The only hint being that the one for Registeel has an npc outside of it remark how it has to be important at some point.
  7. Each of the chambers has a braile riddle for you to solve in order to be able to encounter them. Once again changing depending on which version you play.
  8. IF YOU'RE PLAYING THE REMAKES, you can also get Regigigas. Who will only appear after you've beaten the game. In Regice's chamber. If all three are in your party. And the Regice is nicknamed. And is holding one of four items out of ~150 in the game, one in particular most players would never know existed because its exclusive to Battle Maison or a 5% held item by Snorunt. Without even a Braile Riddle to tell you this. edit: And if it's night time it won't appear at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom