• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh boy another video game movie?
I wonder how much this will tank. I'm betting somewhere between Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Oh it's Undertale's anniversary?

I never played the game, but I did make this bad pun

Which wouldn't have happened if the game didn't exist so thank you for that Undertale.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Small update on Black...

Mitsu
Patrat-No Worries
Pansear-Speakno
Pidove-Amherst

these nicknames though...

anyway, beat Cilan and a bunch of Plasma Grunts and Oshawott evolved...so far Mitsu is the only pokemon I have that will be on my final team (hence why only he has a sprite)...
I'm starting to remember why Gen V is one of my least favourite Gens...too many interruptions from the plot...
also something pretty much all gens are guilty of but "Do you want me to explain this stuff you may not actually be interested in?"
Me: "No."
"Well, I'll explain it anyway"
Me: "..."

---

And since others are doing it...even though I posted something like this a hundred times...

Projected Moon Team
Litten
Pikipek
Salandit
Alolan Ninetales
Wimpod (or if another good water type comes along like a Dragon type Dolphin)
Jangmo-o

Other candidates...
Mimikyu
Lugarugan (Night)
Vikavolt
Alolan Marowak
Turtonator

also something pretty much all gens are guilty of but "Do you want me to explain this stuff you may not actually be interested in?"
Me: "No."
"Well, I'll explain it anyway"
Me: "..."
Let me guess. Fennel.

But yeah, it annoys me too. Why do they even give the option if they're forcing you to listen anyway?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Live Action Monster Hunter will work best if they get Guillermo Del Toro to work on it.
You need good Monster designs and Del Toro happens to be excellent at this.
He also happens to be great at doing the whole "Group of People fight monsters for a living" thing too.

But this is Hollywood so that probably won't happen.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Undertale's anniversary huh?

I was lucky to have played it before it took the internet by storm.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not gonna lie, I'd laugh if they introduce a league in Alola... Only to lose it.

There's some irony in there.
I think it would be more ironic if he actually won it. Like the Orange League.

Ash would have some kind of curse where he wins league's that don't exist in the games.....

Assuming that there is no league in Sun and Moon.

The new art style for the anime is actually super interesting to me. I may actually give it a shot.

Do we have any idea who Ash's travel companions are going to be though? I want to say Lillie will be one, but that's only because I want her to be and she was in the trailer :V
I'd like Lillie to be his companion too. Although as some kind of Yandere type of character, at least if her personality is like how she's portrayed in the games, which doesn't look like it would be the case, oh well....

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we got the full poster from corocoro and:

Team Rockket gets mimikyu. That's perfect! They probably think it's a pikachu to, but it just wants to be loved.

And who is on top of the school?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
By the way, has anyone played Tropico?

Which one do you recommend?
(I'm looking at Tropico 3, as it is going for just over $1 right now, and it has good reviews too.)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The new art style of the Pokemon Anime seem just OK to me. Not a big fan but still, it's nice.
Tough, the actual story is probably to be either dissapointing (basically they are going to reset everything again), or they will make Ash actually evolve until a Deus Ex Machina come to ruin everything again.
'Don't know why, but they are going to screw up atleast one thing.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Oh, it's Undertale's Birthday?

Glad to have played it. Great soundtrack, interaction, and atmosphere.

And then this happens: https://mynintendonews.com/2016/09/15/hollywood-monster-hunter-movie-announced/

View attachment 117856

Hope it'll be good!
Not sure how I feel about that, depending on the direction, it could be a good monster movie like Jurassic Park, but it's also easy to flub it if the world and monsters aren't properly developed. I hope they do a good job with it though, since as a fan I'd like to see the Monster Hunter world brought to life in live-action.

Speaking of Undertale, I really need to play that game one of these days.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still hoping we get that one really good video game movie one day.
It's kind of sad when the best video game movie isn't about a particular video game itself, but video games in general.

Speaking of, I'm so happy Wreck-It Ralph's getting a sequel.

Oh also a new trailer for Moana came out today. I'd link it, but mobile.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
By the way, has anyone played Tropico?

Which one do you recommend?
(I'm looking at Tropico 3, as it is going for just over $1 right now, and it has good reviews too.)
I have only played 3 a long time ago but it's a fun timewaster, especially if it's barely a buck, it's basically SimCity in a banana republic. I remember being annoyed it takes so long to get your dictator anywhere, though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK just FYI: If anyone wants to get the most out of that new Yo-Kai Watch 2 demo, DO NOT JUST DO WHAT IT TELLS YOU TO.

It'll literally end with that one battle almost immediately after you start.

If you want to get the most of it, wander off when you can freely control your character. The game doesn't stop you from exploring that section of town and doing whatever you like.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
OK just FYI: If anyone wants to get the most out of that new Yo-Kai Watch 2 demo, DO NOT JUST DO WHAT IT TELLS YOU TO.

If you want to get the most of it, wander off when you can freely control your character. The game doesn't stop you from exploring that section of town and doing whatever you like.
yep theres 2 boss fights you can find(i beat them first try myself) the brand new oni buster mode and a few hidden yokai that either give you a hint or items

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
yep theres 2 boss fights you can find(i beat them first try myself) the brand new oni buster mode and a few hidden yokai that either give you a hint or items
Yeah, I just now discovered a boss fight myself not expecting it and was a bit surprised.

I didn't stock up on anything at the shop beforehand and only beat one normal Yo-Kai so it's not like I've got higher than normal levels, so hopefully nothing goes wrong. . .

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Yeah, I just now discovered a boss fight myself not expecting it and was a bit surprised.

I didn't stock up on anything at the shop beforehand and only beat one normal Yo-Kai so it's not like I've got higher than normal levels, so hopefully nothing goes wrong. . .
they are pretty tough fights if your not used to them but i managed with the basic resources and levels aloted (good news is because they dont have eyepos you cant heal so after every fight they full heal your party...bad news is because there arnt any eyepos you can use the 4 level 50 yokai they give you)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
they are pretty tough fights if your not used to them but i managed with the basic resources and levels aloted (good news is because they dont have eyepos you cant heal so after every fight they full heal your party...bad news is because there arnt any eyepos you can use the 4 level 50 yokai they give you)
I beat the guy I found without even healing, but when he did hit the damage he did was kind of. . .yikes. If he hadn't felt like slacking off constantly I might have had a problem.

. . .Wait, they give you Level 50 Yo-Kai? *Checks Medallium*

Well ain't that a tease! XD

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Thanks for the heads ups, I thought the demo was just really short.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Happy Birthday Undertale.

* remember to always stay on the right path or else you'll be in for a bad time.*

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Wait, it really is its anniversary? Hold on, give me some time to look for the appropriate image, photo, whatever.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Good News
I found my first ever shiny Pokemon
image.jpeg

Bad news
I made it faint :facepalm:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If only I were lucky enough to find a single shiny Pokemon. When I try looking for them, I run into the more common varieties and have **** luck. Here's to hoping Sun and Moon will be much different.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BTW, the YW2 demo is out on the eShop if you guys are curious into trying that out.
Tried it a coupe hours ago. Loved it. I see there was a significant number of improvements from both the prequel and its demo. Blaster is an interesting mini-game too. My only gruff with the demo is the "main" mission ends waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too short (at least it's winnable, unlike the prequel's demo).

Downloading the pre-purchase as we speak (Fleshy Souls version).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm working on something game releated but I need inspiration.

What do you think the biggest things to happen in gaming this year were?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
In celebration of Undertale's anniversary, I asked my friend Brent Pendergress (voice actor summoning voice of the Yo-kai Watch, Roughraff, and Eddie) to do some recordings of some known Undertale lines. :3

It was really fun!

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
In celebration of Undertale's anniversary, I asked my friend Brent Pendergress (voice actor summoning voice of the Yo-kai Watch, Roughraff, and Eddie) to do some recordings of some known Undertale lines. :3

It was really fun!
Miiiight wanna collapse those in one spoiler tag due to the size

Soul.

So, about the Sun and Moon anime. The animation's great. Art-style will take some time getting used to, though. Looks like Ash is more expressive.

Obviously, after XYZ's seriousness with the League and Team Flare arcs they kinda needed something more... relaxing. This seems to fit the bill. I guess he'll pass the exams and all because the writers can't be that dumb, but yeah probably more slice of life/filler than ever. Not sure if this will increase ratings tho; they were dropping since BW and XY's ratings are lower.

Also, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom