• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cortana is a villain
no.
this one gets an image

How could they? I loved that character. How could they do that. Why would they do that. I just. . . no.
Is rampancy involved? please tell me rampancy is involved. It would at least partially make up for things. Cortana being evil just because is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Can PushDustIn PushDustIn make the title say "Connor is upset that his precious Halo Game's story is ruined". I'm upset.

I need a venting forum. This place works well.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
no.
this one gets an image

How could they? I loved that character. How could they do that. Why would they do that. I just. . . no.
Is rampancy involved? please tell me rampancy is involved. It would at least partially make up for things. Cortana being evil just because is ridiculous.
LOL YOU WOULD THINK RIGHT.

CORTANA KILLS THAT IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES BY SAYING THAT "The Domain" IS THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR AIs AND SHE IS FINE NOW.

LMFAO ITS THAT STUPID.

Maybe she is rampant and they want it to seem like she isn't. But damn this sucks

D

Deleted member

Let me try my hand at one of those ending thingamabobs.

:4wario:
After a long and grueling skirmish with the great black beast within the Master Hand, Wario stood victorious and ready to go home and take a nap in front of the TV. .....but not after collecting whatever treasure that was surely being kept hidden from him!
To his chagrin, there was no gold nor were there jewels nearby. Only an orb that didn't seem to be worth very much.
"Well," the fat man shrugged. "I'm-a not about to go empty-handed....."
He reached for the orb. As soon as he grabbed it, a surge of energy surged out of the orb and went into Wario.
"This....power....." he said with a devious grin. "...I can do anything I want with it!"

And indeed he could. Fortunately for everyone else in the Mushroom Kingdom, Wario was just content with using his new-found power to increase the quality of his games, making a killing in sales. Even Nintendo would eventually succumb to the greedy tycoon.
"I'm-a Wario! I'm-a gonna win! WAHAHAHAAA!"

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL YOU WOULD THINK RIGHT.

CORTANA KILLS THAT IN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES BY SAYING THAT "The Domain" IS THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH FOR AIs AND SHE IS FINE NOW.

LMFAO ITS THAT STUPID.

Maybe she is rampant and they want it to seem like she isn't. But damn this sucks
I didn't think it could be dumber. (More dumb?)

I was wrong. Wow.
As someone who only plays video games because Halo 1 and 2 were so godlike I am very sad right now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/index.html

It's just that it's not mentioned at all in the presentation. And as Push showed, it may have been a mistranslation while talking about announced titles.

but... yeah didn't WSJ used to be super reputable? What's going on with them and getting stuff wrong lately?
If it only includes titles that have been officially announced then it does indicate there are other unannounced titles that might see a release by March.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Literally everything to do with Cortana is why I say that Halo 5 is too reliant on the EU material.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Who brings a mic into a courtroom?

I present to you these pieces of evidence

Portable and detachable mics are actually fairly common in court rooms

I'm a phoney. I've never placed an Ace Attorney game....

EDIT:
Aren't there mics on the stand when people give testimonies?
I guess you beat me to it. But at least I did it in style!

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Where do I even begin.

The characters, ESPECIALLY CORTANA, have ZERO motivation for their actions.

Jul 'Mdama. The new leader of the covenant who has been pissed at Arbiter in the EU for the past 2 years. And has built up an interesting character arc as a villain... IS KILLED OFF by 343's new "baby" Spartan Locke in the VERY FIRST MISSION HE WAS BUILT UP THESE PAST YEARS FOR NOTHING AND HE WAS A GOOD CHARACTER. Spartan Locke is the new character that 343 has introduced in place of Master Chief. But don't worry... Chief is still there.... FOR 3 DAMN MISSIONS OF THE GAME. The Other 12 are all as Spartan Locke and his team.

If Locke's team didn't have the awesome character that is Buck on it, I can only imagine how awful it would have been (Originally Spartan Thorne was in place of Buck... thank God they changed their minds on that one. As Thorne is another one dimensional boring character.

The entire "Hunt the Truth" marketing plan? NOTHING about that in the game. There's NO conspiracy on what ONI is doing. There is no public announcement of Master Chief "dying". NONE OF THAT. The entire Marketing Campaign can't even be considered canon! It's not even relevant to the story. It's literally 3 missions of "Hunting Chief" until you realize you actually need to "save" him. What does he need to be saved from?

Cortana. ****ing Cortana. The only character that Master Chief actually truly cares about. They made her a villain. What. The. ****. They have ZERO explanation as to why she is evil. And then they pull the stupid cliche of "I'm doing all these awful mass genocides to Help the universe! it's okay!" None of this makes ANY sense for Cortana's character. Suddenly she has a problem with dying, when she was completely alright with it at the end of Halo 4. Suddenly she has a grudge against all Humans except Chief, she never gave any sign of this in any game before. And now she wants to kill everyone. They even pull the AWFUL cliche of "Now all the AIs want to destroy the humans!" It's like a robot uprising. It makes no sense. Who the **** thought this would make sense.

I wanted Cortana to come back. I knew it would happen. But this is awful. It should have been Chief's struggle to find her that drives him through the galaxy, as was originally teased in the first trailer. But then they pull this **** out. You know what's interesting about Cortana's and Chief's dynamic throughout the series? Chief is the human, yet he is more robot than man. Cortana is the "robot/AI", yet she is more human than him. THEY THREW OUT THE ENTIRE THEM OF THE ENTIRE SERIES IN THIS GAME. WHO DOES THAT.

TO ALLOW THIS TO MAKE SENSE TO ALL OF YOU WHO DON'T PLAY HALO, BUT PLAY NINTENDO GAMES. IMAGINE IF IN A ZELDA GAME, SUDDENLY ZELDA WAS EVIL AND WANTED ALL MEN TO DIE EXCEPT LINK. IT IS ACTUALLY THAT STUPID.

I don't even know where to go next. 15 missions advertised? Most of them could have been combined into a single mission. Some missions you don't even shoot. You just talk to people.

The reason for all this? The ****ing writer. Oh my God 343... why did you hire this guy. Brian ****ing Reed. Everything he touches has gone bad. He wrote some issues of the Halo: Escalation comics. They were awful. Everyone hated them. SO WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE HIM THE LEAD WRITER OF THE NEXT HALO CHAPTER.

The first teaser of Halo 5 was more interesting than anything in the game. AND GUESS WHAT, THAT TEASER DIDNT EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE WITH THE GAME. BECAUSE IT WASNT IN THE GAME. I swear they changed the story last minute.

Never have I been so upset with a game's story. Halo's story is always phenomenal. And this hurts the entire series.

At least the competitive multiplayer is top notch.

If you want to see someone go off on the Halo 5 story. As I know some of you get off to "Microsoft is bad" posts. Click up there. But it's not one of those posts. The game is great in the multiplayer aspect. But 343 ****ed up the writing big time.
Must. Resist. SPOILING!
But seriously, if the story is as bad as you say, I'm not looking forward to it.

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
Here's my take on King Dedede's ending:
After defeating many powerful opponents, the legendary Master Core lies down before King Dedede's feet.
King Dedede, feeling more powerful than ever before, picks up his beloved Hammer and smashes it directly onto the defenseless Master Core pulsating with endless power directly before him.
The Master Core shatters into hundreds, no, thousands of pieces under King Dedede's mighty Hammer, releasing a gigantic shock wave of something one can only describe as the truest form of power.
King Dedede holds his arm in front of his face, protecting him from the shock wave.
After the Master Core's explosion faded away, King Dedede takes his Hammer, walks slowly to one end of the Final Destination, looking into the endless wide.
With a confident smirk, he finally acknowledged the truth...
"I need no monstah... to clobbah dat there Kribeh!"

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
It was a cold and rainy night as Greninja walked down the dark streets of Lumiose City. He had won all his battles and defeated Master Core, but he still didn't feel any more powerful. Suddenly, a figure appeared in the distance. It was Arceus, the creator of the universe. "You have defeated my arch nemesis Master Core, Greninja," Arceus said. "In return, I will bestow upon you an ability that will make you more powerful than any other Pokemon. It is called Protean. With this ability, you will be able to change your type at will. I hope you use it well." Arceus disappeared, leaving Greninja alone to contemplate his new power. Suddenly, a smile appeared on Greninja's face. He finally had. He finally had the power to take over the Kalos region.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Does watching someone die make you a zombie?
Ill will never tire of Ace Attorney sprite gifs.
Well... No. Since I'm not the one dying. Nor really the one becoming the zombie. Because if I'm not dead how can I come back to life? And with that how can I become a being of decaying flesh who enjoys feasting on the vital organs of living beings?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Alright peeps, settle your tushes down by the fire so's I can tell you the story of a little :4yoshi: that could:
The Master Core reeling, Yoshi saw his opening and brought down his mighty nose upon the writhing nodule, shattering it to pieces. The black orb lay before him, beckoning. But what could a simple Yoshi want with all that power?

He thought long and hard about his adventures, and how they had made him strong. His journey had been a long one - once but a simple steed for his best friend, Yoshi had found his own path, proving time and again that he was capable of great things on his own. He had done so again today. Yoshi stood up straight. The rigorous trials of the Super Smash Bros. Championships had strengthened his body and changed his posture. Yoshi was proud, but then he realized something terrible... the transformations along his journey would set him apart from his friends on Yoshi Isle, and although he might return home a hero, he may just as well return a pariah. Yoshi was sad.

And then, it dawned upon him... what he wanted from the orb... what he had always wanted, deep down in his heart, though unable to express it. The orb pulsed. Had it... heard his thoughts? Yoshi nodded to himself, his mind made up. Extending his tongue, he lapped up the orb and swallowed it whole.

The world around him turned white, and then black...

A slobbering tongue bathed Yoshi's face as he awoke in his bed. His dog, Poochie, welcomed him to a new day with a big smile, same as always. He looked around at his bedroom, the same as he'd always had. Nothing seemed out of place. Had it all been just a dream? Rubbing his eyes, he looked out the window at the sun. 'I've slept in late,' he realized as he donned his red hat and went outside.

The sun was warm on his bare back. Glancing around, he smiled as he found what he was looking for. "There you are," Yoshi said. "Are you ready for a new day?"

The squat, fleshy plumber turned to look at him with adoration, his bushy moustache juicy with fresh berry. It lumbered over to him on its two powerful legs with its awkward, hunched-over gait and tiny arms, and then turned its back to Yoshi, exposing the soft hump on its back that would serve as its saddle.

"Mario!" it exclaimed happily. "Mario, Mario!"

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Took my time with a Mewtwo ending :p

Mewtwo

He stood on the other side of the giant platform as the orb glowed with a spectacular red. In the moments Mewtwo moved to destroy the orb, he finally found the reason for being there. He saw the faces of everyone he had encountered who changed his life. He saw the world and everyone in it. He saw the children and the babies, he thought about the future and the miracle of life both Pokemon and Human alike experience everyday.

The only regret he had before the white light overtook him as he landed the final blow, was how slow he was to realize how beautiful the world really was.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Behold my epic talent at making a Samus ending.

The aberration known as Master Core gave in after taking a significant amount of firepower to weaken. With another threat to the universe destroyed, Samus departed in her gunship and got back to what she originally intended to do after destroying the planet Phaaze. Little did she know, however, a ship continued to follow her even after her detour...

Behold my epic talent at making a Samus ending.

The aberration known as Master Core gave in after taking a significant amount of firepower to weaken. With another threat to the universe destroyed, Samus departed in her gunship and got back to what she originally intended to do after destroying the planet Phaaze. Little did she know, however, a ship continued to follow her even after her detour...
God dammit Liquid stop putting your fanfic in stuff.

How would ZSS be different though?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Chrono.

I was making a Dark Pit ending, but I think it got too long and deleted it lol

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not getting Halo 5 because lack of split screen.

Also lack of XBox One

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The newest episode of wonder over yonder is one of the funniest ones I've seen.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Halo was fun when I could invite people over, drink and eat pizza at parties

Without the ability to do that, it's just...meh.

TF2 good enough to cover my shooter needs. And it's free. More or less

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom