• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Nope, it was earlier than that.

Sonic fans got pissed when the HD version of Sonic unleashed was graded worst than Sonic 06. The Wii version got a 7.0
Yep, that mostly the reason and Dragon Age 2 getting a perfect score despite being an inferior game to most fans
It's not like the site had different writers or anything... regarding Sonic 06.

I do think if that game were to be re-reviewed, it'd probably have gotten a much lower score, because for some reason reviewers were partly lenient on that game pre-launch.

I'm no fan of IGN, nor gaming journalism to begin with, but I sometimes feel the hate tends to be overblown.

EDIT: The one review I thought was really dumb from memory is that they criticized Fire Emblem 10 for not having Mii support. That was so silly lmao

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's not like the site had different writers or anything... regarding Sonic 06.

I do think if that game were to be re-reviewed, it'd probably have gotten a much lower score, because for some reason reviewers were partly lenient on that game pre-launch.
Yeah that too there's also how God Hand got a 3.5 out of 10 and fans compared that some shovelware DS game that got a 7 over it and fans pointed that out

Eh, it's a bit bigger than that (there's a reason the Trope 8.8 exists after all).
8.8 wasn't IGN

That was Gamspot that did that

Chrono.

Not to add to the rumor fire, but this just happened.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
IGN gave Explorers of Sky a 4.9 (Poor) score.

Also, the icons for italics, embedding, and such above posts on here haven't been showing up properly since the update last month.

----

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I guess they already have some assets available for the TP remake with that Wii U tech demo. Would be nice to finally see that being put into use on an actual game.

I won't mind giving TP another chance, I felt I'm missing out but the intro was really off putting.

Khoru

Smash Champion
IGN gave Explorers of Sky a 4.9 (Poor) score.

Also, the icons for italics, embedding, and such above posts on here haven't been showing up properly since the update last month.

----
i just think "didn't like games x y and z" is a really bad reason to dismiss a site
especially considering they (probably) aren't a hive mind
i mean i'm not a particular fan of any gaming news site but

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Can I officially say, IGN can go step on a LEGO

View attachment 77742

This is #100-81
#100-81

100: Walking Dead Season 1
99: Advance Wars
98: Perfect Dark
97: Galaga
96: Wind Waker
95: Super Mario Galaxy 2
94: Donkey Kong 94
93: Ico
92: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
91: Batman: Arkham Asylum
90: System Shock 2
89: The Oregon Trail
88: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
87: SimCity 2000
86: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
85: X-COM: UFO Defense
84: Contra
83: Fallout 2
82: Resident Evil 2
81: The Secret of Monkey Island
A new IGN list? Hopefully Brainscratch will read over it. Always loved those videos from them.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. It seems like all of this could be hinting at a Direct here soon.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Or if all of this is tied to the rumor, it could be tied to the "event" possibly coming soon.

Last edited:
Splatoon update
smash(?)
pokemon go
LoZ TPHD

This direct can't come soon enough

Mdina is relevant again :'-) Midna4smash
not happening

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's a question to lighten the mood.

What's one gaming mystery you wish you could know the answer to? To keep our mind off leaks, maybe with the exception of anything Smash related (so no, you can't pick pra_mai's identity :p). Thoughts? I'll share mine in a bit.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
They're not wrong though. ORAS didn't fix anything that makes Hoenn the bad region it is. I never got why people got so pissed about this. Honestly GF receeded IMO because they based the games of RS and not Emerald.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

What's one gaming mystery you wish you could know the answer to? To keep our mind off leaks, maybe with the exception of anything Smash related (so no, you can't pick pra_mai's identity :p). Thoughts? I'll share mine in a bit.
Where is Sakurai's fountain of youth and how do I use it?

Pra. . .****

Was Banjo N+B originally intended as Banjo threeie. I have to know why the hell that game of all things was made instead of a real platformer.

Soul.

Wasn't there a fake thing saying Twilight Princess would be on the New 3DS, as well as Super Mario Sunshine?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Probably those weird alien things in Shiverburn Galaxy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As far as a mystery I'd like an answer to...just what are the Hell Valley Sky Trees?

Split second ninja-ing is not nice and you know it. :p

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Why did Nintendo decided to outsource Star Fox and F-Zero and what went behind Capcom during the 2012 dark age

Zekrom101

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zekrom101

Mine is the mystery book in Noki Bay in Super Mario Sunshine, I always wondered what was supposed to be in there

Shroob

Sup?
I, for one, welcome our new Inkling overlords. Just think of how many alternate costumes they would have. And there'd also be male and female alts too!

Khoru

Smash Champion

does wind waker barrier skip (or the possibility thereof) apply

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Just one? IDK.

But I'd like to know every scrapped Pokemon concept ever.

And every scrapped prototype concept for Sonic the Hedgehog.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
does wind waker barrier skip (or the possibility thereof) apply
I'd imagine so. That's the whole getting-to-Ganon-by-skipping-almost-everything thing, right?

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
By the way, are we ever going to get more Wii games on the Eshop? We only have 6 games in the USA far. That's not good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
By the way, are we ever going to get more Wii games on the Eshop? We only have 6 games in the USA far. That's not good.
I wasn't even aware there were six, unless the Prime Trilogy was counted as three separate entities (and even then I'm one off)

Galaxy 2, Punch-Out!!, Prime Trilogy...what else is on there?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
We just need a direct already. **** leaks, and **** rumors. I just miss seeing those presentations and getting purely hyped. Now all I feel is someone toying with all of us so they can get all the attention they want.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
I'd imagine so. That's the whole getting-to-Ganon-by-skipping-almost-everything thing, right?
yeah
the barrier around hyrule that you need to get the true master sword to break is this massive cylinder with like infinite knockback on the outside
pretty much every known method that could maybe hypothetically bypass it, either by going around the barrier or ignoring knockback, doesn't work

the worst part is that if there were a single door in hyrule then there's a method that would most certainly work

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How about the unused temples of the triforce in ocarina of time? It sparked a huge rumor but the existence of the temples in game was confirmed I believe. So I wonder why they didn't use them.
Also twilight princess hd would be hype!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBd7_7NCRmo

Been a while since I've paid attention to Video Games Live, but I'm glad to see they finally got the music from Phoenix Wright in their show. Though I'm very surprised they were allowed by Capcom to use video clips from the live action movie, Vs. Professor Layton, UMvC3, and a Brawl hack.

D

Deleted member

I wasn't even aware there were six, unless the Prime Trilogy was counted as three separate entities (and even then I'm one off)

Galaxy 2, Punch-Out!!, Prime Trilogy...what else is on there?
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Pandora's Tower, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland are available on the North American eShop as well.

I've probably been :4greninja:'d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom