• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You're about the fifth person who's told me these guys are reliable without providing any actual reason as to why they're reliable, exactly.
I said one of them is apparently reliable, I don't completely know all of the details. I don't know much about Zef other than he's respected in the Smash community along with Roger, (who is a former Nintendo employee) and they're both friends along with Stealth (who as I've said has been to private Nintendo event before), and they all seem to know information about Smash. Zef and Stelth claim to know about and point to Roger knowing about a Smash character, while Roger's trying to be quite about what the information actually is.

They've shown to have some sort of connection with Nintendo, they're all connected with each other, and they're putting their reputations on the line, but I'll admit that those aren't strong enough reasons to fully believe them, however there is no reason to completely right them off either. Zef said he would talk to Push and Neo about the information he knows, so let's just wait for what they have to say about the matter.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
N

There's nothing that states they aren't. The only thing people claim is that rpgrinder is a troll for not liking leaks. I read through the thread and his post history and there's nothing that justifies him as a troll. Pretty much the rest of the gamefaqs thread was used to defend him and many users claimed he's trust worth, just very vocal about leaks.
Uh. The guy legitimately said numerous times that no legitimate leak has ever come from a source other than Neogaf. He's an absolute troll.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
4chan posts are anonymous, while Twitter isn't. In this case, we know who the people are, and can scrutinise what they say and force them to own up and apologise if they're lying.

And the people who are saying the stuff risk unnecessary damage to their reputation if they indeed are lying. So people are willing to put a little more stock into this. (That's what I think, anyway.)

:231:
That would be a good point if we didn't have a bunch of other fake leakers in the past who had a name.

A lack of anonymity doesn't suddenly make you a reputable source.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I still don't see the rush in contacting them or whatever.

They gave a timeframe of 2 weeks so lets just wait it out.
Sounds like something I said yesterday. The news desperate have decided it's too long to wait however and I guess we just watch and see what they learn. Probably nothing.

Chrono.

That seems to be a re-occurring theme with this leak.

Everything is "just because".
All leaks really

That recent 4chan leak got some steam because it "predicted" Pirate Ship (even if that was a safe guess), people believed Tower of Smash just because it "kinda got some stages right" and some still believe Spainkiller of all people because of Mewtwo.

History just repeats itself.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That would be a good point if we didn't have a bunch of other fake leakers in the past who had a name.

A lack of anonymity doesn't suddenly make you a reputable source.
Like ArtsyOmni, you mean? True, but the odds of it being fake are lower than an anonymous 4chan leak.

I'm giving it a 50% chance of being fake, unlike the the 99% chance for a 4chan one.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Like ArtsyOmni, you mean? True, but the odds of it being fake are lower than an anonymous 4chan leak.

I'm giving it a 50% chance of being fake, unlike the the 99% chance for a 4chan one.

No, I'm talking about all the other people with fake leaks and misinformation who had names and weren't from 4chan.

Like Miahstorm, Spainkiller, Plasticsoldier, Pipeburst, Mr. Prince, Gematsu, Neo's "Nintendo of Japan" source, The Awkward Leak.....

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Why are people still calling Gematsu fake? Every piece of info was accounted for, even Chrom and the Chorus Kids. And if you really want to nitpick, you can't argue those Mii Fighter costumes as anything but greedy, like his third leak. I thought we all agreed it was true but outdated. Come. On. People.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The only reason we're even entertaining these leaks is because of the character drought. And yes, I do specify a character drought. We've had a fair amount of every other common type of DLC since June; just not a single playable character, newcomer or not.

Next official announcement happens, all of this will blow over, especially after the actual reveal, which I'm sure will make people's heads spin regardless of who it is.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No, I'm talking about all the other people with fake leaks and misinformation who had names and weren't from 4chan.

Like Miahstorm, Spainkiller, Plasticsoldier, Pipeburst, Mr. Prince, Gematsu, Neo's "Nintendo of Japan" source, The Awkward Leak.....
I haven't ever heard of any of those except Gematsu and Neo's Japanese source. Eh, goes to show how much I care about these rumours.

(I personally believe Gematsu had outdated info, not wrong info per se, but that's a topic for another day.)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I haven't ever heard of any of those except Gematsu and Neo's Japanese source. Eh, goes to show how much I care about these rumours.

(I personally believe Gematsu had outdated info, not wrong info per se, but that's a topic for another day.)

That doesn't erase the fact that they existed.

Why are people still calling Gematsu fake? Every piece of info was accounted for, even Chrom and the Chorus Kids. And if you really want to nitpick, you can't argue those Mii Fighter costumes as anything but greedy, like his third leak. I thought we all agreed it was true but outdated. Come. On. People.
You seem to have missed something:

No, I'm talking about all the other people with fake leaks and misinformation.
Even if it were true at one point, at the end of the day, it said Chrom and Chorus Kids would be playable characters. Not "planned but cut". Playable. That's misinformation.

And I'm not sure why you're going on about Mii Costumes being "greedy". I never said anything about Mii Costumes.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I still don't see the rush in contacting them or whatever.

They gave a timeframe of 2 weeks so lets just wait it out.
Well, its still good to verify and fact check it for just in case we need it for reference down the line. Information like this is really nice to have for documental purposes even if the leak is false.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I still don't see the reason why we aren't discarding it like all the 4chan leaks that pop up every day.

It's like people can't seem to grasp that it's a comment as vague as "There will be big news about a Nintendo game within two weeks" being twisted into "There will be a 1st party Smash character announced as DLC within two weeks" by a known troll.

Even if RogersBase is trustworthy, the guy who linked it all to Smash isn't. "Something will happen" isn't a Smash leak.
I still believe it more than Shovel Knight (~‾▿‾)~

Chrono.

We interrupt your current leak discussion for

More leaks!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I still believe it more than Shovel Knight (~‾▿‾)~
It's "My dad works at Nintendo" vs "My dad works at Nintendo".

The RogersBase/GameFAQs troll leak has the benefit of not naming any specific character, so I can't say I blame you.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That doesn't erase the fact that they existed.
Eh, I don't have anything more to argue. Believe whatever you want to. *Shrug*

Just saying, that many previous named leakers were false doesn't guarantee this one will be false too. It merely raises the chances.

Spazzy's cuts article made me think about the pokemon trainer. . . I wonder what would have happened if transformations weren't cut.

I cant imagine Charizard ever being allowed to leave smash. So either he would have been made seperate anyway or we would have had 2 more pokemon which may have meant 2 more cuts. As much as I love Ivysaur the technical limitations may have been a good thing :/ wonder what would have been lost if they had stayed.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We interrupt your current leak discussion for

More leaks!
I feel really sorry for Ono right now.

But on another note, am I the only one who thinks there may be a connection with her and Blanka? They both hail from Brazil, use electricity, and by the looks of it share a similar fighting style. Something's up.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
And I'm saying that there's absolutely no proof of this whatsoever.

The joke's on you.

I was on #TeamReal.
Even before the pictures?
I feel really sorry for Obo right now.

But on another note, am I the only one who thinks there may be a connection with her and Blanka? They both hail from Brazil, use electricity, and by the looks of it share a similar fighting style (could be wrong on the last one though). Something's up.
she's his replacement.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Even before the pictures?
I was neutral. The only parts I questioned were the Koopalings (I believed it was more likely to be palette swaps for Bowser Jr based off of them, rather than full-on model changes), and the 4chan leak that was often grouped with it due to overlap (which ended up being fake anyway).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
if this leak is real. I'm going to guess it's either Chibi Robo or a Rhythm Heaven rep.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Ooh, ooh, ooh, are we still talking about the MarioXChibi-robo tweet? Because I feel I need to share this idea now.

I've had in my mind for a while now for a double character pack-thingy featuring Inklings and Chibi-Robo. The main reason, of course, is the theme of messy kids dirtying up the place with their ink, against a household robot that's primary job is to clean-clean-clean. Put more simply, Messy Vs. Clean, which I feel is a concept that works.

But anyways, so I've had this idea for the video;

The video would start out on Delfino Island just walking along, minding his own business, when suddenly he comes across a whole bunch of the goo. This is obviously upsetting to Mario, so he pulls out FLUDD and starts cleaning up. He thinks he's done, but realizes there's a spot on a wall that he missed, so he goes to wash it off, but the orange goo refuses to disappear.

Mario's standing there irritated, but then he has an idea. So he pulls out a little Chibi-Robo from his pocket, turns him on, and he grows to normal fighter size (tag line: "Chibi-Robo Cleans Up!" "Chibi-Robo Cleanses the Battlefield!"). So we cut to a comical montage of Chibi-Robo cleaning the spot, using different methods to try and clean it, time passing with Mario sleeping and doing other funny things in the off-focus, and then finally ending with a sleeping Mario being awoken by Chibi-Robo, who's proud to have finally been able to clean the goo.

As they turn to leave, satisfied with their job, they hear a *SPLAT* behind them. They turn to see the goo has returned, and now it's bigger! Covering half the wall and also the ground. Suddenly, the goo begins to bubble, alarming Mario and Chibi-Robo, and a small octops, not too dissimilar to an orange-color Blooper, peaks out of the goo. But it's not goo, but rather ink, as the octopus jumps out of the Ink and transforms into The orange Inkling Girl, soon joined by the blue Inkling Boy (tag line: "Inklings Gets Kraken!" or something not so obviously clever like that), with the two playfully shooting in at the other, having a 1-on-1 turf battle.

They're quickly interrupted by a cough, and turn to face an ink-covered Mario and Chibi-Robo, obviously angry and readying their cleaning apparatuses for what's assumed to be a fight.

Cut to gameplay montage featuring Chibi-Robo and Inklings, and then the video ends with Chibi-Robo standing over the Inklings, sponges and rags in their hands, wiping down the wall and floor, while Mario comically points FLUDD at himself at point blank to wash off the ink and getting blasted across the screen instead, catching the other three fighter's attention and eliciting smiles as the video ends.

I think it's a pretty awesome idea for a trailer. :D

Chrono.

Oh God please no. :skull:

I don't want any of the originals cut.

Ono loves Blanka too much to just write him out.

I'm half sure most of the World Warriors will return as DLC. (the New Challengers I'm not so sure about)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
A thought regarding the recent "leak" and it's sources...

So, I haven't check it out since yesterday, but as I recall "Stealth/Grinder" implied a relation to Roger's info and then mentioned what sounded like vague guesswork on what the new character would be. As I recall the basic markers were... newcomer, new franchise, not someone he thinks won the ballot.

Regardless of the details, that first paragraph is just a preface to the point here. As I'm sure you've all heard, Grinder is a troll on Gamefaqs. What you may not all know however is that he's very well known for immediately discounting vets in particular, but also doesn't care for characters from already repped franchises either. As you might imagine, Wolf fans on Gamefaqs are especially familiar with him for instance. He also is very skeptical of any rumor and especially repeats his displeasure if it's implied Nintendo would make a decision he doesn't like. In fact, he goes as far as immediately discrediting rumors and reminding people that they aren't going to get what they want. There's a certain amount of anger you can sense in this. Like he hates the idea that people who want something other than what he wants could actually get it.

Do you see the irony in his so called "leak"? He's told off countless rumors before and now he's pushing something that sounds like his ideal DLC. No vets or characters from repped franchises... and when you think about it, that implies who most people believe to be the most popular characters anyways. And while I'm at it, I'll just add that Grinder has been known to support Inkling, and Isaac to a slightly lesser extent. He's even predicting Inkling on several occasions.

Sorry if this is common knowledge to most around here, but I figured that not only mentioning the kind of troll Grinder is but also showing its relation to his "leak" would help put some pieces together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom