• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
S

Silver_1357

I'm worried. For one thing, it's live action (inb4 Bad Box Art), but after Fantastic Four, i'm starting to dislike Fox a little bit.
I'm sure the Robot Masters are also just people in costumes with special effects.

Probably.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would be hyped for the Mega Man movie if it was animated, but since it's live action it has a 99% chance of being bad. They are gonna cast Mega Man as a manly hollywood man and I'm going to cry.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Like, you know, why can't we just have great stuff like this for video game movies?
Ratchet and Clank is going to be awesome. I'm so hyped for this movie (hope we see Nefarious in some way).

To answer your question, I think it's because people who are making the other "movies" are probably doing it mostly for money.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Ratchet and Clank is going to be awesome. I'm so hyped for this movie (hope we see Nefarious in some way).

To answer your question, I think it's because people who are making the other "movies" are probably doing it mostly for money.
Of course that's the reason, being kinda satirical about it. Which is just saddening, it's why all of the super hero movies and video game movies that are live action just fail so badly in the end.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Of course that's the reason, being kinda satirical about it. Which is just saddening, it's why all of the non Marvel super hero movies and video game movies that are live action just fail so badly in the end.
Fix it for you.

But yeah, money was created to make exchange of ressources not a freacking mess, but the "power" that it possess ultimately corrupt people who crave it. :4wario2:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I saw the trailers for both the Sly Cooper and Ratchet and Clank movies.
Sly Cooper looks better, but both are a million times more appealing than a Fox-made, live action Mega Man movie. Gag.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, I guess, but it wouldn't be for his approval.
He'd call him after Konami approves Snake for Smash.

"Hideo...I got your boy back. ;)".
And then they work together to make a super secret taunt where if you input the konami code on the D pad Snake lists everything bad about Konami.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
From the trailer at least, the writing of the Sly movie is good and the characters are in tact but DEAR GOD THE ART STYLE! Was someone too scared to make a cel shaded movie and forced them to go with the same generic CGI fur look?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn

I'm curious. What would you think about an experiment where the Japanese reacted to our musings?

Like ask us a verbal questions, show it to them and show us their reactions.

domokl

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie. The ratchet and clank looks like it could be one of the only good video game movies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , are you still making that thing with the most wanted newcomers in Japan? I'm curious.
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/03/mini-smash-poll-results/

Last line of the article. Yes! I've been busy (Mainly with Shovel Knight rumor, and SG stuff)

@ PushDustIn PushDustIn

I'm curious. What would you think about an experiment where the Japanese reacted to our musings?

Like ask us a verbal questions, show it to them and show us their reactions.
I could just translate some Western poll result reactions. Those always go well with people.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So did anyone find my Nuzlocke comic?

I remember; Protag was Red. Comic was hosted on Deviantart. Comic left off with the protag and his pokemon wounded in a cave and the creator went to the military for 2 years.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hey guys, what's happenin'?

I just got Crunchyroll and I'm loving it so far! Finally get to try out Toriko and GinTama, and I like what I see.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://archive.moe/v/thread/308681604/#308681626
There is a new DLC Pack coming in October for Super Smash Brothers 3DS/Wii U.

Of biggest note is this DLC includes three new characters---first off, Wolf and Squirtle are returning from Smash Brothers Brawl. Squirtle has Rapid Spin as his Down-B (which reflects projectiles like Mario's Cape) and Rain Dance as his Final Smash, which heals his and his team-mates damage by half and removes any negative effects such as being shrunk. Wolf is pretty much unchanged, except with a slightly upgraded model.

Finally, there is a brand new DLC character---Metal Mario. His design is based on the newer Metal Mario seen in Mario Kart---with more defined features and looks different from Mario + Metal Box. When Metal Mario grabs the Metal Box, he actually turns into Gold Mario in fact. He's slightly bigger and heavier than Mario, and has the classic Down-B instead of F.L.U.D.D. He also doesn't have the Cape, rather his Side-B is based off Luigi's Green Missile with shorter charge-time and range.

There are four Stages being released as well---"Metal Mines" (it's the stage from Smash 64 where Metal Mario) is included with Metal Mario, and Sector Z, Saffron City, and Yoshi's Island 64 can be purchased separately. Interestingly, Saffron City has been changed---only Chansey (with a new model) appears from the door. Sector Z includes music from Star Fox Zero as a "sneak-peek".
The biggest update is that for the Wii U Version, there's a free new feature called "Mirror Mode" that allows you to switch Stages to Mirrored Versions. This doesn't work for any of the DLC Stages for some reason, though. The 3DS Version gets a smaller, similar feature, that allows you to play Smash Run on a mirrored map with stronger enemies and better rewards, but the final fights against the other players are not mirrored.

Finally, there are 10 Mii Costumers...

* Smash PJs (they're pink pajamas with the Smash logo on them...) (All Types)
* Jimmy T. Wig, Outfit (Brawler)
* Alex Kidd Wig, Outfit (Brawler)
* Devil Mask, Outfit (Brawler)
* Tetra Wig, Outfit (Swordsman)
* Shovel Knight Helm, Outfit (Swordsman)
* Kalas Wig, Outfit (Swordsman)
* Slippy Hat, Outfit (Gunner)
* 9-Volt Hat, Outfit (Gunner)
* Servbot Mask, Outfit (Gunner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom