• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I think we'll see additional costumes (maybe a character?). It's 15 days away, so I imagine we are going to get some news every week.

:D:D:D:D

Place your bets in!
Arn't we being a little too optimistic? I doubt we will get anything but this stage.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So I just checked GameXplain and they uploaded the Mario Maker X Smash Bros trailer on their channel as well.

What's funny is that in the comment section people are saying GameXplain uploaded the video before Nintendo did on their own channel.

GameXplain confirmed to have leaked Smash DLC. :troll:

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Arn't we being a little too optimistic? I doubt we will get anything but this stage.
At the very least, I think we'll get costumes. Probably "Wave 3". If we were only getting 1 stage they would've gone with a 3/3 layout. But with a 2/3/1 layout it looks weird. So I think another stage will be announced.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Just yesterday we got Pokemon news
Today we get Smash news
This is going to be #NewsWeek
#PokemonSunday
#MonadoMonday #SmashMonday
The rest is #??????
#TrinenTuesday

Bill Trinen will have an amiibo that will be bundled with the Wii U's port of Halo 5. That's right, Halo, on a Nintendo console.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just yesterday we got Pokemon news
Today we get Smash news
This is going to be #NewsWeek
#PokemonSunday
#MonadoMonday #SmashMonday
The rest is #??????
The Sony TGS conference is in 3 1/2 hours if you wanna probably see some bombshells.

Except they weren't.
No, Little Mac's was. February 13 is Punch Out's anniversary and it was 30th years old when Mac was first reveal.

That's legit

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Guys, we all know paper mario has to be confirmed cause they already are releasing the stage on my birthday anyway :)

(note: this is a joke, I don;t actually believe that, but I feel no correlation should be made with dates tbh, it just happened to be on my bday so.....).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Best part is that we also get Shovel Knight DLC this week.

Plague of Shadows hype!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The Sony TGS conference is in 3 1/2 hours if you wanna probably see some bombshells.

No, Little Mac's was. February 13 is Punch Out's anniversary and it was 30th years old when Mac was first reveal.

That's legit
Can I get a source for the 13th being the exact day the original game was released?
Robin's and Lucina's trailer was revealed on the same day the first FE was released in Japan. Capt Falcon's anniversary was also on the same day, in the US time of the reveal trailer.
The 1st FE game in Japan came out in April not July. F-zero came out in the U.S. In Augest, not July.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Can I get a source for the 13th being the exact day the original game was released?

The 1st FE game in Japan came out in April not July. F-zero came out in the U.S. In Augest, not July.
I could be really mistaken, but I'm not the only one around here that could recalled FE and F-Zero anniversaries mentioned for that day, right? I've could have sworn I did a year ago.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punch-Out!!_(arcade_game)

While the 13th situation isn't accurate, the first arcade game was released in North America (Punch Out's largest audience) in February of 1984.

30th years later was 2014, the same month and time of Mac's reveal.

D

Deleted member

I'm still going to be without my Wii U on September 30th
Then I'm gonna have to choose between aying MM or MM in Smash
And whatever else gets released
At least I go back on the 5th so it's not much of a wait

Ivander

Smash Legend
A Super Mario Maker stage?! Update on the 30th?! And a possibility that there may actually be Alternate Costumes for Non-Mii Characters?!

That being said, I'm sad we can't create our own Mario Maker stages for Smash and the likelyhood that they won't update the Stage Creator with some of Mario Maker's stuff.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure Little Mac being announced on Febuary was just a coincidence. Nintendo had a direct planned for February, that gave them an opportunity to reveal a new character, and Sakurai chose Little Mac, probably because he was the next newcomer Sakurai wanted to reveal after Rosalina. I'm guessing Sakurai thinks ahead and determines the order of which characters get revealed, which is why certain newcomer trailers have other newcomers featured in them.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There better not be any new Smash news when I sleep. GTG.
Minutes after BluePikmin11 goes to sleep, there's a double reveal for Layton and Agnès.

I'm pretty sure Little Mac being announced on Febuary was just a coincidence. Nintendo had a direct planned for February, that gave them an opportunity to reveal a new character, and Sakurai chose Little Mac, probably because he was the next newcomer Sakurai wanted to reveal after Rosalina. I'm guessing Sakurai thinks ahead and determines the order of which characters get revealed, which is why certain newcomer trailers have other newcomers featured in them.
The reveal order was chosen at the very beginning, if I recall correctly. It wasn't just done on the fly.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
A Super Mario Maker stage?! Update on the 30th?! And a possibility that there may actually be Alternate Costumes for Non-Mii Characters?!

That being said, I'm sad we can't create our own Mario Maker stages for Smash and the likelyhood that they won't update the Stage Creator with some of Mario Maker's stuff.
Where did you hear about the alternate costumes possibility?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Wait...

Costumes?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I do feel like the Mario Maker stage will be fun, but might get annoying, considering the hand seems to rebuild destroyed elements as the fight continues on stage.

My biggest pet peeve is things that cover the whole stage or viewing area. That's why I groan when Nintendog shows up or anything that makes the screen black for a bit.

I'm more of a casual player, but still **** that noise.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Wait what's this about?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Wait...didn't someone earlier say something about alternate costumes being possible or something? I could've swore something mentioned it actually being possible!
No that last part is just wishful thinking on our part.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would believe that but mate.

It was a Direct
In February
Aired around the time that US viewers can easily watch
Punch Out was 30 year old by that point

It stop being coincidence when you figure out that Sakurai actually plans reveals of fighters.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys, he's obviously talking about the King K. Rool costume that's going to be made for Lana when she's confirmed for Smash Bros.
Keep laughing. Keep joking, because it'll be Midna costume for Lana next.

And she'll be riding Wolf Link too for good measure.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Maybe tomorrow we'll finally have that Isaac Mii Swordfighter costume get announced.

'Cause we know it's coming sooner or later. :troll:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Oh good, with a confirmed update, that means we can have new fake leaks.

D

Deleted member

Maybe tomorrow we'll finally have that Isaac Mii Swordfighter costume get announced.

'Cause we know it's coming sooner or later. :troll:
I just want a Wonder Red Mii costume already because I know that's the best he can get
Also because the Mii I have looks stupid
Besides, I want to put a Wonder Mask on my own Mii
Oh good, with a confirmed update, that means we can have new fake leaks.
Lanky Mario is a faster clone of Mario
His hitbox are also taller
His final smash makes "the hand" delete the entire stage and makes everyone falls to their deaths
No, he's not 8-Bit

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom