• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's had enough (AR users beware!)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo has started banning people using Action Replay cheats on Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Nintendo hasn't offically come out to tell you this but they started banning people from Pokemon Diamond/Pearl online for using certain Action Replay codes.

Some codes are just to hard for Nintendo to detect but recently 2 codes have been caught.

National-Dex (After talking with Game Director)
Catching All 493 Pokemon
All Shiny

If you have used these codes you won't be able to get online. People that would use these codes are just plain stupid.
Original Topic on Wii60 forums.

Its good to know that Nintendo are finally doing something, although it would have been better had they done this previously with Mario Kart DS and Metroid Prime Hunters. It's also been speculated that trading with a cheater results in you being banned aswell. Also Nintendo are banning by friend codes so they can still restart their game and go on Wifi again.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I heard about this earlier. As an advocate of Action Replay, this worries me. I was actually going to head over to GameStop and buy one tommorrow. (I still will ;))

I heard that these codes actually have to be on when connecting to Nintendo Wifi. It just doesn't seem like Nintendo to permanently ban some 4 year old who was traded an illegal pokemon over GTS. Wouldn't it be a better solution for them to just block you from connecting if you have an illegal pokemon with you in your party?

Edit: If they ban me, I'll just restart my game and hack even more pokemon. >.<

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm kind of tempted to buy an AR to skip the whole breeding section of the game. Although it is rather fulfilling in an OCD kind of way.

This story surfaced on Kotaku awhile ago. While we do know that Nitendo has banned certain hacked pokemon most of the commentors agreed this rumor is likely false. Given that Nintendo hasn't done something like this before along with the threat that trading with an AR user will get you banned makes it even more unlikely.

It could be true. But when the poster says "I know 8 people at school that got banned" it seems awfully similar to those "I know someone who works at Nintendo who says Brawl will be released next week" claims.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
I agree,
Plus, if they did, i would of been banned already, i just traded like 40 pokemon on GST and they were all hacked, i used the shiny code AND i have the complete national pokedex on.

Also, they would never ban by friend code. They would ban you through a your MAC address, Like they do in MPH.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Ban by IP?

*laughs*

I've got a dynamic IP. It wouldn't stop me for long.

None of my D/P pokemon are hacked anyway, at least not yet. The only hacked ones are the ones I imported from Emerald and LeafGreen*.

*Everything but the Kanto Birds and the Regis. It'd be difficult to tell them apart anyway, as the AR Duo changed my ID #s on Leafgreen...and there's a few who were cloned.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Why do you say you're screwed? I doubt Nintendo has the capabilities to even pull it off on such a simple RPG.

Went to GameStop to buy my AR today. I should have realized it would have been sold out because of pokemon. Why did I not think of that when I first bought the game? :/

titus

Smash Journeyman
dont worry commonyoshi i believe that one day you will get an AR. but yeah, this supposed banning wouldnt be an issue, bcuz if youre willing to buy AR then you'll have to be willing - if this happens- to buy another game.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Went to GameStop to buy my AR today. I should have realized it would have been sold out because of pokemon. Why did I not think of that when I first bought the game? :/
n00b. :p

I bought the AR for my DS when FFIII was released. **** Nintendo making the Onion Knight, Master Smith, and Iron Giant accessible only by WiFi. You can bite me if you think that'd stop me.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
^Smart move. ;)
dont worry commonyoshi i believe that one day you will get an AR. but yeah, this supposed banning wouldnt be an issue, bcuz if youre willing to buy AR then you'll have to be willing - if this happens- to buy another game.
Oh, I will, and if you think a couple of Friend Code bans are going to stop me then you're nuts. I'm not buying a second copy of the game just to transfer hacked pokemon into. I'll hack, get banned, start a new game, hack again, get banned until every single one of the 9999 9999 9999 9999 Friend Code combinations have been used up by me and people like me. Wahahahahahar!

Once I get the AR, free pokemon to everybody on SWF! Those "legit" purists can get their shinies off Serebii. Wahahahahahar!

D

Deleted member

Hmm. i got traded a shiny deoxys at level 30. i wonder how that happened

btw it says ot: F****t

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
What if you do catch a shiny pokemon and it has good IV and has a beneficial nature?

Would they still ban you. I've caught a shiny relaxed Geodude! Relaxed Geodudes are 2 thumbs up and it's IV are great!

What about that guy in LG/FR (OT: Clifton, ID no:50298) who wants your Raichu for an Electrode? Then get a lvl 2 Pikachu then get a lvl 2 Raichu using the thunder stone. You give it to the NPC in cinnabar island then you receive a lvl 2 Electrode. Hacked now? No.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
^ I'll hack, get banned, start a new game, hack again, get banned until every single one of the 9999 9999 9999 9999 Friend Code combinations have been used up by me and people like me.
Don't forget, you'd have to go through evrey name combination for every friend code also.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No you dont. Ingame names dont have anything to do with Nintendo WiFi. If I add your code to my friends list, I can make up any random name I want, and as long as the friend code is the same, we'll still be able to trade/battle.

But ok. Sounds like a challenge.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Lol so your saying if i got a shiny deoxys off the gts.I know its hacked , and i dont want it. Ill get banned for having it? thats really stupid =\ Just because some lil 10 year old with an AR sent me a hacked poke, shouldn't result in a ban. Nintendo need to calm down. Hell, They prolly use an AR to supply the pokemon they give out for Nintendo Events. =\

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Nintendo makes the pokes thank you very much.

That sucks. I have a few Haxx off GTS.
Ehh, O ballz, didnt know that lol.

Still my point stands. Nintendo needs to use a few calm minds on themselves =O

What if you do catch a shiny pokemon and it has good IV and has a beneficial nature?

Would they still ban you. I've caught a shiny relaxed Geodude! Relaxed Geodudes are 2 thumbs up and it's IV are great!

What about that guy in LG/FR (OT: Clifton, ID no:50298) who wants your Raichu for an Electrode? Then get a lvl 2 Pikachu then get a lvl 2 Raichu using the thunder stone. You give it to the NPC in cinnabar island then you receive a lvl 2 Electrode. Hacked now? No.
im still wondering how you typo'ed all of that :laugh: =P

homsar

Smash Ace
I welcome this. I think Ar for anything but items takes the fun out of the hunt for good pokemon and takes the feel of achiement away.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You guys can calm down because we don't even know if this is true and the early indication seems to be that it's not. Especiallly if what flamesar said is true.

I agree,
Plus, if they did, i would of been banned already, i just traded like 40 pokemon on GST and they were all hacked, i used the shiny code AND i have the complete national pokedex on.

Also, they would never ban by friend code. They would ban you through a your MAC address, Like they do in MPH.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I welcome this. I think Ar for anything but items takes the fun out of the hunt for good pokemon and takes the feel of achiement away.
I hardly call pressing the up and down buttons on your DS for hours just to get a pokemon that doesn't completely suck to hatch out of its egg fun. If you're into finding shinies, that's your business, and I wont even comment on how boring that is too.

Note: Once I get my AR, I wont be hacking shinies for you people because shinies are dumb and not worth my time. Plus, it kinda screws over the people who actually have spent their time catching that dumb, little thing, and I dont want to diminish their value here. I'll gladly distribute 31 IV pokemon though.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Ya ive only hacked for 99 all tm's, 999 Rare Candy's, 999 leftovers "lol didnt mean for 999 ^^" and a few macho braces.

ss118

Smash Master
Lol so your saying if i got a shiny deoxys off the gts.I know its hacked , and i dont want it. Ill get banned for having it? thats really stupid =\ Just because some lil 10 year old with an AR sent me a hacked poke, shouldn't result in a ban. Nintendo need to calm down. Hell, They prolly use an AR to supply the pokemon they give out for Nintendo Events. =\
lol, what level/ nature was the deoxys?
jw
I put one on, and I want to see(by a miraculous chance) that it was mine.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
it was lvl 30, nature was Docile. lol i usually retrade stuff i know is hacked but its funny having a shiny deoxys.:laugh:

homsar

Smash Ace
I hardly call pressing the up and down buttons on your DS for hours just to get a pokemon that doesn't completely suck to hatch out of its egg fun. If you're into finding shinies, that's your business, and I wont even comment on how boring that is too..
Well I know how to mass hatch. I can get 5 eggs hatched in around 20 min depending on the pokemon. So that doesnt ruin the fun of the trainign part though I see how it can. Also, the fun of the hunt doesnt need to be walking through the grass for shinies. I trade around for them.

Dont get me wrong, I could care less if someone else hacks as long as they arnt cheap and unbeatable (Say, max stats, wrong moves for move pool, etc.). And I am a fan of cloning simply because its an in game glitch and if Im ok with in game glitchs in SSBM then I should be in pokemon or else Im a hypocrit.

fluffy

Smash Champion
lol! I got a Shiny Latias thru GTS and is MODEST!!! No way I'm trading that one :D
Get pokesav...

back on topic....lol If Nintendo hasn't offically announced this, how do we know that this is true?

I've used action replay to get the National Dex, catch all 493 pokemon, capture shiny pokemon (1 legit), and a lot more and I can still go on GTS. Either way since i have 2 ds, i can use one of them for action replay use and trade stuff to the other.

If Nintendo really did start banning people, I think that it's pretty lame of them. It's a friggin game. I guess they're expecting us to train our pokemon to level 100 w/o using a little help from rare candy cheats . And capture all 493 pokemon by buying ruby, sapphire, emerald, fire red, leaf green, diamond, pearl, and ranger. And spend our precious time trying to get a black trainer card by winning 100 consecutive battles in Battle Tower, capture 50 flags underground, finish elite four (the easiest one), and feeding numerous amounts of poffins to win a master rank super contest.

I want a shiny chimchar. I guess I'll hafta restart my game 8192 times in order to get it. :(
I guess we can't get what we want now can we without our friend, Action Replay.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Once I get my AR, I wont be hacking shinies for you people because shinies are dumb and not worth my time. Plus, it kinda screws over the people who actually have spent their time catching that dumb, little thing, and I dont want to diminish their value here. I'll gladly distribute 31 IV pokemon though.
Neither will I. I'll gladly give out pokemon with good IV's, Natures, and movesets though. Fairly easy, after all. :chuckle:

Just don't ask me for hacked stats or illegal moves.

jaej

Smash Journeyman
Do hacked shinies trade? My friend has one and he used the all shiny cheat and then traded them locally to me, but when I got them they were regular....:(

fluffy

Smash Champion
Can AR set my EVs too? Because I am not going to ****ing train my pokemon for hours, while recording it on the notebook.
+
pokesav is what you're looking for. it allows you to get any pokemon (shiny or non) as well as to customize the IV's and EV's for any pokemon.

D

Deleted member

from my years of playing in national pokemon events, I would say that this reeks of falsehood. A large part of nintendo's success is playing off of the success of others, and it would be a hindrance to sales to ban action replay.

Nintendo does have a device that can test for hacked pokemon though, even perfectly legit ones, but I don't think they'd use it here.

Top Bottom