• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm so sorry for you guys. I know what you're going through, I was a Starfy supporter, and the pic that deconfirmed him didn't even mention him by ****ing name... I know the sting.

So... a toast to Smash 5?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'm not sure I deserve the honor, but I will accept it if I do
Well as a supporter of Takamaru, it is the least we can do.

And how ironic how we were just discussing his awesome representation of Samurai Jack, Kenshin Himura from Roroni Kenshin, and Jin from Samurai Champloo? Plus having palettes of all those characters?

Finkrat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finkrat3932
Wow. I didn't know much about Takamaru until the challenge at Comic-Con, but he seemed to be a really interesting character with lots of support. So much that I'm now interested in Murasame Castle's western VC release. As a person who wanted Chrom in, I can really sympathize with all of those who were hyped for Takamaru's inclusion. My condolences can be offered to each and every supporter out there. Well, there's always next Smash. Hopefully, he'll be the Little Mac in the next game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
My condolences, guys. It must really sting after hearing The Mysterious Murasame Castle is getting localized.

Maybe there's a silver lining to it, at least. Between this, the VC release, and a minigame in Nintendo Land, Takamaru may be in line to get his franchise revived like what happened with Punch-Out shortly after Brawl. Maybe it'll propel him to prominence and to being playable in Smash 5.

Until then...pour one out for the samurai, everyone!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well as a supporter of Takamaru, it is the least we can do.

And how ironic how we were just discussing his awesome representation of Samurai Jack, Kenshin Himura from Roroni Kenshin, and Jin from Samurai Champloo? Plus having palettes of all those characters?
Yep, truly is. Not five hours ago, I was hyped for him and his potential, and now it's over :(

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Sorry guys. It's devastating finding out your #1 isn't playable. As a hardcore Isaac fan I can relate, totally bracing myself for this week :(

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Sucks he's not playable, but look at the bright side; assist trophy is basically the next best thing, and at least you all won't be left in suspense for something that was, as we now know, inevitable.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry guys. It's devastating finding out your #1 isn't playable. As a hardcore Isaac fan I can relate, totally bracing myself for this week :(
The worst part about supporting a character is when you grew up with them and then they get deconfirmed.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cheer up

For 1 game, Japanese only NES characters we still have Sukapon

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Guessing obviously by the 48 users here, I'm sure everyone knows. . .that Takamaru is no longer just a sticker in Brawl but now an AT!

. . .

But seriously I was bummed not seeing Takamaru complete the legendary Famicom 4.:ohwell:
Edit: Sigh. . .I feel even more bummed out & I didn't even support the character. It's like the feel the heavy weight of the supporters mourning, there's always SSB5 :ohwell:

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
The worst part about supporting a character is when you grew up with them and then they get deconfirmed.
Yep; that's definitely the worst. A character you kinda have a connection or fondness of that gets crushed by sakurai's hand is brutal. Honestly I didn't have that with takamaru but I liked everything else so much I was sold on him 100%

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Like many others, I just wanted to drop by to share a few words. Even though I was never much of a supporter, I knew that Takamaru had a large fanbase that wanted him playable. I even put him on the first (and only) roster that I made because of the support for this character. It's always a sad day for many when characters are deconfirmed. It's great that he's starting to get some recognition as an Assist Trophy though. Hopefully he can upgrade to playable status in Smash 5. Sorry everyone.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
For anybody supporting their own characters:

I hope your character does not get deconfirmed and give my best wishes.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Just when I felt Takamaru's playstyle would be so awesome. My condolences, but the revival of his franchise could still be a thing. Let's make sure the VC release is a hit!

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I have no words for this.
The minute before I watched the PoTD I was still thinking of a moveset.
Then I saw Takamaru and I knew it was over.

We've been FYI'd by Sakurai and boy that stinks.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
My old icon started making me depressed...so I switched it to Isaac (my last wish list character). I wanted to make a final post in this thread... I wanted to say...thank you everyone, you were all very nice, and I had a lot of fun talking to you all. The speculation, the thrill of waiting, it was all good fun looking back on it now. I also thank Takamaru...for giving me something to get my mind off the horrible things that were happening in my life, to completely focus on something else to ease some of the pain (being unable to make real friends, losing my pet cat, depression, and the death of my dear father). I'll always remember these times, and I'm sure I'll look back on them fondly. I'm happy Takamaru made it in the game at all, honestly. This will be my last post here...so...goodbye everyone. I can only hope that Isaac/Matthew won't share the same fate.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I would like these comments but me pressing the Like button is pretty much 1/4 the cruelty that is Sakurai's hands. Master & Crazy Hand.

Nvm @ Bingoshi Bingoshi gave me the feels

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It's even more depressing for me because I knew about it 50 minutes ago & forgot where Takamaru's supporting page was. . .

But my sorrow cannot compare to the level that is the takamaru supporting & loving fans.

Shoutouts to all of you for the hard work & posts you wrote / typed for in the past couple of years.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Sorry to hear about this :/

At least he's in the game now! He's got a higher chance to get in next time!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
All right, I was pretty down tonight but I think I've gotten through the worst of it by now. Let's all hope that this progressive resurgence of Murasame Castle leads to a revival, which will in-turn lead to his triumphant debut in Smash 5.

I'd just like the personally thank everyone who came and showed their support, even if they didn't support our favourite samurai before. I know there are a lot of people around who aren't being as sympathetic about it. It means a lot, really.

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
I was just about to come in and mention how much you all really likened me to the idea of Takamaru in Smash. This thread alone got me really interested and excited for him making it in as a character, and just before I got to post to support... Jeez, I'm so sorry for you all. :urg:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The first 3 seconds of this video sums up exactly how it feels when a character you really wanted gets deconfirmed:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Deconfirmations are usually saddening, and this is no exception, but a character who hasn't received a title in his series outside a single Japan-only release nearly thirty years ago getting an AT position still isn't that bad.

Blue Fang

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedIdol82
Though I am severely saddened by Takamaru's disconfirmation, the silver lining I see in all this is that Murasame Castle is going to become more widely known among Nintendo players. Hopefully more and more people will cherish the name of Link's long lost "brother"!

A song for the future!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just when I felt Takamaru's playstyle would be so awesome. My condolences, but the revival of his franchise could still be a thing. Let's make sure the VC release is a hit!
That's right, we should all start buying this game soon as it comes out to show support for him even after his noble death

I too nominate ROB
I'll gladly do the honors of writing his obituary after getting some rest. After all, it will definitely make up for the moveset that I was close to completing this day.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Though I am severely saddened by Takamaru's disconfirmation, the silver lining I see in all this is that Murasame Castle is going to become more widely known among Nintendo players. Hopefully more and more people will cherish the name of Link's long lost "brother"!

A song for the future!
Yeah, it's all on us now to just keep the interest high. Just be courteous about talking about our boy. I'm going to be all over that Murasame Castle release now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom