• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentHX

Smash Cadet
NNID
HotShotHunter
After seeing Murasame Castle for the first time at Comic Con, I think Takamaru could have made a great newcomer. Shame they had to kill him just when his chances started looking up. At least his death was swift.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
Although it's a deconfirmation, he still got a very nice model and a role in the new Smash. This can only mean good things in the future for him. I'm sorry guys, but it looks like this Smash game wasn't meant to be Takamaru's. However, we can hope this raises awareness of Takamaru so he can be playable in the next game.

...And tbh I was this close to joining the support thread...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Exact same boat friend. Takamaru would have been amazing, but I'm legit worried that the terrible two are about to bite the dust. :(
Well. We will see when the time comes. This is one of the main reasons why people speculate so much, it chases away the negative depressing thoughts that lure in one's mind.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Oh Gosh...I didn't expect for this to happen all of the sudden.

You have my condolences, all of you.

One of the worsts parts about this is the crap reasons people come up with for why he didn't get in will likely grow and persist, at least for some time.
Chrom got the same treatment; it's pretty brutal to be deconfirmed like that

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I went to Miiverse after watching a crap ton of Skyward Sword and see a picture of Takamaru. Immediately, without even thinking of reveal trailers, I thought he was confirmed. So excited. Read the actual post and now I am sad.

Sad, sad indeed.

y u do dis sakurai

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
For those of you who wanted Takamaru to be playable in Smash Bros., I extend my condolences to you. I know how it feels to get the "FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy" treatment to a character you support. (Looking at you, Ashley.)

But hey, two good things come from this! You can gaze at his 3D model all you want, and maybe he'll get promoted to playable in Smash 5 like Little Mac did!

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
I thought Takamaru's chances had improved because of the upcoming localization of his game (and i think a lot of other people thought so as well). I'm glad Sakurai went ahead and deconfirmed him since he probably knew the fandom thought Takamaru was likely playable with this recent information. Most likely when the roster was picked Takamaru didn't seem like as good of a choice as he does now, so I appreciate that Sakurai didn't troll us with his potential playable status. This might actually be a good sign for other characters that have a lot of hype around them, since Sakurai hasn't so quickly crushed the possibility of them appearing like he has with Takamaru (see K.Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, Isaac, etc.)

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I'm so sorry for all of you. He really should have gotten in. First Samurai Goroh, now this. What does Sakurai have against samurais?
Because he is the mighty Mashpotato Samurai. All others must be taken out.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Never really supported the guy, but disconfirmations always sting, and hopefully, my condolences along with these others will ease a small portion of the pain.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oh well. After Greninja and Mii Swordfighter it was to be expected. At least his resume is improving, so maybe next game.

Anyway no trolling everyone. Anyone who does shall automatically be infracted.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Well, it sucks that Takamaru is only an assist, but at least he's in the game.

This gives me hope that he'll wind up like Little Mac, with a revival shortly after this game and a shot at Smash 5.

We also have DLC though, but I'm unsure of how likely he'd be for that :(.

Fumpster

Smash Rookie
While I see this as a really crappy thing and a waste of an opportunity for a unique revival of a retro character, I think his chances of getting Little Mac'd in the next game are pretty high. Let's hope that Nintendo gives Takamaru a big revival game like Punch-Out got.

My condolences to you guys though. I have the feeling I will be right there with you when Ridley and K. Rool aren't playable.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I can't even yeah this post on Miiverse... I'm that devastated. The disconfirmation for Chrom was balanced out by Captain Falcon, but this...:(((( ;_;

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
At least you guys didn't get the "Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle." like poor waluigi did. Anyway my sympathy goes out to all of you.

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Soooo about that Project M clone engine thread...

Aw geez, I'm all sad and whatnot. It's cool he's in and will have some prominent screen time but man, the comment about coming together with Samus, Link and Pit and all the stuff happening in the interim... Well, I'll stick by him until he's playable and that's that.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
The Miiverse caption really stung me.

Ouch. Way to be a ****, Sakurai. First Waluigi and now this.

Ah well, what can we do? Don't worry, though. He may have a chance next time!

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I have a feeling that the PoTDs until release in Japan are going to focus on de-confirming every character we wanted so that we wouldn't be disappointed when the game is released, henceforth killing all hype for the game from major de-confirmation, and eventually having Sakurai regret what he did and add all de-confirmed characters into the game as free DLC.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Although it's a deconfirmation, he still got a very nice model and a role in the new Smash. This can only mean good things in the future for him. I'm sorry guys, but it looks like this Smash game wasn't meant to be Takamaru's. However, we can hope this raises awareness of Takamaru so he can be playable in the next game.

...And tbh I was this close to joining the support thread...
Join anyway, the support threads keep on truckin' after all.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
I have a feeling that the PoTDs until release in Japan are going to focus on de-confirming every character we wanted so that we wouldn't be disappointed when the game is released, henceforth killing all hype for the game from major de-confirmation, and eventually having Sakurai regret what he did and add all de-confirmed characters into the game as free DLC.
We can dream friend, we can dream....

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Ouch... Right after yesterday's surprise localization... It seemed like it was very likely...
My condolences you guys.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Hopefully the rest of the newcomers make up for these loses...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm so sorry it had to be this way...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That is a nice thought, but this is Sakurai we are talking about. He would rather think of the best ways to Trolling deconfirm someone, but would not go back on his word once he officially deconfirmed someone.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Well, I'm sorry for him. But I hope he will follow Charizard's and Little Mac's way:
Charizard(Pokeball in Melee, PC since Brawl)
Little Mac (AT in Brawl, PC in Wii U/3DS)
Takamaru (AT in Wii U/3DS, PC in Smash 5).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Soooo about that Project M clone engine thread...

Aw geez, I'm all sad and whatnot. It's cool he's in and will have some prominent screen time but man, the comment about coming together with Samus, Link and Pit and all the stuff happening in the interim... Well, I'll stick by him until he's playable and that's that.
That comment, to me, shows just the amount of respect Takamaru warrants. It shows that he can play with the big boys, and that his time will come.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I also have a feeling that Takamaru is for smash 4 was little mac was for brawl. a good character that many wanted/expected who just didn't make the cut, but will be at the top of the list for the next go around

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Y'know... at least Sakurai made Takamaru sound excited to even be a part of the game in the Miiverse caption... even if it is just Sakurai goofing around, I feel like I can be happy for him, in a way? XD He made it a lot further than many, many other candidates, after all!

And now when somebody inevitably hacks the game we will already have a model to make playable! *desperately trying to stay positive* 8D

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aw. Sorry you all.

I do have to say he has a rather good looking model for an AT, though. Some ATs get really shafted with their models, so it's nice to see Takamaru looking good.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't know anymore, instead of hype it's more like dread . Any potd could result in a finishing blow to any character.
Exactly. The Funeral Thread will unfortunately be filled in the up coming days.

This is the only time where I want dumb PoTD pictures that contribute to nothing.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ouch... Right after yesterday's surprise localization... It seemed like it was very likely...
My condolences you guys.
That's precisely why it was localized! Sakurai was the one who authorized the localization, so everyone would get their hopes up! "Oh, man, Takamaru's game is getting some recognition! There's no way he won't be in Smash!" But Sakurai laughed. LAUGHED AT OUR HYPE. "Oh, Takamaru is in Smash, alright." He said in Japanese, a maniacal grin on his face as he laughed his signature laugh. "And I'm proud to show him to you now!" He posts the picture, knowing that all around the world, hearts are broken, and hype is dead! Samurai, why did you kill the samurai?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!

#conspiracy

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sad day. The good part is that he looks awesome! The actual design and model are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom