• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It appears that he's filling in the same role as Saki, Waluigi, and any other character as an Assist Trophy at best. While he managed to leave Japan and reintroduce himself to other nations, that still didn't stop him from being crushed at the hands of Sakurai. While I'm not really disappointed about his role, but somewhat glad for a few reasons. Sakurai is actually showing some more love for him by making a great character model instead of just giving him a sticker role. He looks just as great as I imagined too due to looking model while still retro. I understand the issue clearly due to not having enough room to be included and he was given a role that would be appropriate for a rising star like him.

There's one good thing about this, he could be a potential candidate for Super Smash Bros. 5 in the future like Mac after he was an AT. Either way, I'm still pretty satisfied with how things are going for the game so far and it's good to see him have an appropriate role for now. Just like he's going to rest in piece, so while I for this moonlit night. Thanks Sakurai for making him an AT and not forgetting about his appearance like Nintendo had done in the past. :tired:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
At the very least, Takamaru is no longer an obscure entity known only to the Japanese, given his widespread exposure to worldwide audiences with not only the localization of The Mysterious Murasame Castle, but also as an Assist Trophy in the Super Smash Brothers series. Takamaru's days will shine brighter in the future, rest assured.

Also, the ignorance against Takamaru ("He was just a boring swordsmen after all", "Greninja stole his spot", etc.) is breathtakingly bad.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Geez, guys...

I lost hope for him ever since Greninja and the Miis' shuriken reveal, but this is still sad to read about.

I'll be sure to try out his game as soon as it's released in NA.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Y'know, despite his debunk, he's an assist trophy, his model looks great, and if there's a next one, I have a feeling he'll finally show off what he's made off. This is going to be hard for us but let's keep our chins up.

Welcome to Smash Takamaru, even if you're not fighting the others, you're fighting alongside them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so sorry for you guys.

I am sending flowers to his family and money to his favorite charity.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Is rather they get deconfirmed now rather than later honestly.
Well, I guess this is the week that character's chances of being playable get exposed.

I actually fear what is to come from now on.

*looks at Takamaru* We should give him a honorable Funeral, don't you agree?

pickle962

Smash Lord
Now we just need Sakurai to confirm Ridley as a boss on Pyrosphere as the April Nintendo Direct STRONGLY suggested :demon:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Well, I guess this is the week that character's chances of being playable get exposed.

I actually fear what is to come from now on.

*looks at Takamaru* We should give him a honorable Funeral, don't you agree?
Absolutely, bury him next to chrom in his mausoleum. Then maybe if chrom crawls back for the dead he can pull takamaru too.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Really? I finally start having some really good hope for him and this is what happens... dang it all.

Glad he's in ina way I guess... Sigh... This is actually my first real deconfirmnation of a character I actually really wanted so now I know how it feels... Jeez it doesn't feel good at all. :crying:

EDIT: I figured I was bound to hit disappointment eventually but that doesn't mean it doesn't suck.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
No... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY?!??!?!??????!?!??!??!?!!?!! And even when I was now the 100th supporter!!! :crying:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, this sudden disconfirmation was painful. My condolences. Maybe he will be the next Little Mac.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
JAPANESE MIIVERSE CAPTION:

きょうの一枚。 拙者鷹丸、長年焦がれていた大乱闘に、満を持して見参でござる! リンク殿、サムス殿、ピット殿とは同期にござる。 忍法風車剣、飛車筋連射!! ※アシストフィギュアです

One piece today. Sessha Takamaru, a large brawl that had been Kogare years, a bamboo basket Kenzan fully prepared! Bamboo basket to the synchronization link builders, Samus buttocks, and pit buttocks. Ninja sword windmill is a rook muscle fire!! ※ assist figure

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Gee, thanks guys for all the condolences and apologies! Despite the samurai's deconfirmation, we will probably see a brighter future for him as time goes by. If Mac got a second chance in the future than so can Taka.

"Perhaps we may meet again in battle, some other time and place." -Takamaru
The fact that you made a tribute to Murasame Mode's ending really makes me respect you as a person. It was such a heartfelt scene after all for such a formerly obscure warrior. :crying:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm really sorry, guys.

He looks pretty though, and Sakurai likely included him without any influence from the upcoming international release. I think SSB5 will be Takamaru's place to shine. Continue supporting him, though, as who knows what the future will hold.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It's such a shame Takamaru gets killed off so soon after his localization was announced. The irony is that I actually predicted it in the POTD thread simply because it would be the ultimate troll move. Oh well, hopefully his AT appearance paves the way for a series reboot and an appearance in the next Smash.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Global debut, 'zah!
Noble creature, rising fame
Welcome to smash 5

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
.................................................Sakurai... Well, there goes some of my hype for this game. All of my most wanted characters have been disconfirmed besides Isaac. Isaac is the last man standing on my list, and I just KNOW Sakurai's going to kill him too... It's been nice, guys. I guess I'll just be on my way then...

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Wellllll ****

I mean, I guess this is their way of promoting the VC release, but still, they must've known that hyping that up the day before would make it sting all the worse for some of us D:

WELP, time to put the rest of my hopes and dreams into Isaac and watch as they are shattered yet again D8

But hey, it was fun posting here. We had a good run, guys! At least we've got a major leg up for next time!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If Ridley and k rool aren't playable too... I don't even... At any rate, someone should really get to putting takamaru in his glorious tomb. (It better be really glorious)
Those would be even deeper cuts to me. Don't get this the wrong way, I like Takamaru and would have loved him as a character, but I grew with King K. Rool and Ridley as little as 7, that would just be.....I cannot even fathom.....

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I never supported Takamaru, but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for whoever wanted him to be playable. It's always tough to see a character get deconfirmed, especially when it's a character like Chrom or Takamaru that quite a few wanted. Also, who knows what could happen, maybe he'll convert into a playable character in the next game, just like Little Mac!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
AMERICAN CAPTION:

Pic of the day. I, Takamaru, have waited many years to appear in Super Smash Bros.! Link, Samus, Pit, and I debuted in the same year! Multidirectional Pinwheel Knife Rook Attack!! (FYI, I'm an Assist Trophy.)

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
My condolences, supporters... Better to get the pain over with now than after seeing the "everyone's unlocked" message...

Things really were looking good for him. But hey! Now they're even better, kinda! With more exposure, he may become very popular and end up as a character in Smash 5!

I wish ya luck, and... hey, assist trophy is a very honorable role. He's not just any trophy! He appears on the battlefield! Again, sorry for this bittersweet update.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Well I'm sorry guys. Takumaru was a character I didn't expect but would've welcomed, hopefully he will appear in dlc or the next game.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Those would be even deeper cuts to me. Don't get this the wrong way, I like Takamaru and would have loved him as a character, but I grew with King K. Rool and Ridley as little as 7, that would just be.....I cannot even fathom.....
Exact same boat friend. Takamaru would have been amazing, but I'm legit worried that the terrible two are about to bite the dust. :(

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh Gosh...I didn't expect for this to happen all of the sudden.

You have my condolences, all of you.

One of the worsts parts about this is the crap reasons people come up with for why he didn't get in will likely grow and persist, at least for some time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom