• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Honestly, I'd rather have Sakurai make Return to the Murasame Castle than Kamiya (though I really wouldn't mind him working on it).
Sakurai will need some rest after SSB4, though... so it would take a while for him to work on Mura Castle.

Kamiya made Okami, Bayonetta, Viewtiful Joe, etc... All great action games, so I have faith he would do a good job with Mura Castle as well.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Introduces the character as explicitly as possible to the Western audience. Check.

Tells them how the game is supposed to work. Check

Nintendo banned all comments on the video. Check.

Definitely something big involving him heading our way. Sneaky ********.

Kamiya made both Devil May Cry and Okami. A Mysterious Murasame Castle revival in his hands would essentially be the hyper active/twitch based combat of DMC with the aesthetic of Okami (or a further stylized version of the NintendoLand look for maximum iconography). I don't see a situation where Kamiya's game doesn't turn out to be the best choice. No offense to Sakurai. :p
Now that's you've mentioned it, I would like to see what type of designs he would give the maidens and any other new character that's female. :love:

I would love this idea if they at least incorporate some exploration events and have a captivating story. A badass Takamaru from the big man himself would be very interesting indeed.

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You guys talk so much about this villains trailer that it will most likely never happen. It is already jinxed.
Couldnt care less about villians actually, i just had a thought about takamaru's trailer and the idea of "ode to joy" was still runing on my head, i was inspired.
A better expression will be "dark/shadow" characters, anyways, after brawls ending i expect everyone to grown up and stop thinking in lame stuffs like conquering the world or things like that... my name is not "guys" btw :p

Last edited:

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I don't see a situation where Kamiya's game doesn't turn out to be the best choice. No offense to Sakurai. :p
Kamiya tends to have a habit of making games with compelling combat systems but absolutely awful everything else, especially in recent years. The last thing I would want is for Mysterious Murasame Castle to become another QTE fest, and turn Takamaru into another one of his try-hard cool protagonists.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Kamiya tends to have a habit of making games with compelling combat systems but absolutely awful everything else, especially in recent years. The last thing I would want is for Mysterious Murasame Castle to become another QTE fest, and turn Takamaru into another one of his try-hard cool protagonists.
Okami, Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta are awful in everything else but combat? Have you ever played those games?

Ok, I admit Bayonetta is mediocre in everything but the combat and Bayonetta is as try hard as it gets, but Okami and Viewtiful Joe? Nah.

Wonder Red doesn't seem to be try hard either.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
Ok, I admit Bayonetta is mediocre in everything but the combat and Bayonetta is as try hard as it gets, but Okami and Viewtiful Joe? Nah.
Viewtiful Joe was pretty mediocre, but Okami was all right. I chock the latter down to it being a larger project and having a lot of input from the staff working on it.
Wonder Red doesn't seem to be try hard either.
The Wonderful 101 is kind of a special case. It almost seems like Kamiya was aware of his character archetypes and actively parodying them with Wonder Blue. But with his latest game, it seems like he's fallen back into his usual tropes.

Anyway, I don't think any standard modern action game developers will really benefit Mysterious Murasame Castle. Action games seem to be falling into some bad habits as of late and they've been really going downhill. They need a developer that isn't willing to conform to modern tropes to really bring out the best in the IP.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Now that I think of it, an M rated Murasame Castle is the last thing we need. DmC: Devil May Cry anyone? :troll:

Though it was Ninja Theory that ironically created that abomination anyway.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Thanks for the support and congratulations for being our 100th supporter. Let Takamaru have the honor of doing the fireworks for this celebration!

0o0
I'm the 100th supporter!? Wow! I really feel privileged! I'm just glad to raise support for Takamaru! He deserves to see the light of day again!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
now i'm imagining takamaru with a ****-eating grin

what have you done
I wouldn't be surprised if Psycho Takamaru became the new Psycho Villager after his reveal trophy. **** eating grins plus habits of stabbing people with his katana. :awesome:

As for where the image came from, it was a part of Pacack's massive Nazo no Murasame Jo collection on Imagur (specifically from a short promotional manga).

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Who wrote/drew the manga? Because the art style looks a lot like some old Mega Man manga I've seen. And why would Takamaru be off model?
The manga switched styles like being from edgy (like in that) scene to chibi (like another sequence involving the Kabuto helmet) like the rest of the manga. While it does remind me of the old Mega Man manga, though I wouldn't jump to conclusions that fast. I think Pacack should share the cover soon and have someone translate the author's name to find out.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
Alright here it is the full, 95-person, support list that took me a good few hours to compile.
If you would like to be added to the list either tag @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan or myself.
1. Habanero
2. Opossum
3. BluePikmin11
4. 8-peacock-8
5. Banjodorf
6. Falkoopa
7. Swampsaur
8. _R@bid_
9. R.O.B.
10. HylianHeroBigBoss
11. NonSpecificGuy
12. Pacack
13. KeyBladeGuy
14. goldenyuiitusin
15. Frostwraith
16. PSIguy89
17.J amesDNaux
18. Sailor Waddle Dee
19. King Orfut
20. Spazzy_D
21. Wonks
22. Sigran101
23. KimmotMan
24. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
25. Oracle_Summon
26. smashkirby
27. Soupeschleg
28. True Blue Warrior
29. Marakatu
30. Staarih
31. egaddmario
32. Sobreviviente
33. Arcadenik
34. DustyPumpkin
35. CrophMaruMariolu2W0vol41PEeeeeek
36. Lizardon
37. Dj.D
38. TeenGirlSquad
39. Diddy Kong
40. Speculator
41. Chauzu
42. bksbestbwoy
43. Reila
44. Fatmanonice
45. ThatShadowLink
46. RhymesWithEmpty
47. AncientTobacco
48. Louie G.
49. Bingoshi
50. Shinhed-echi
51. Mario_and_Sonic_guy
52. PsychoIncarnate
53. Kikwi-kiwi
54. Shinpichu
55. MasterMushroom
56. ---
57. Smashchu
58. 鉄腕アトム
59. Oasis_S
60. Onyx Oblivian
61. fogbadge
62. SmashShadow
63. Metal Overlord
64. dezeray112
65. DragonSniperNintendo
66. TheCreator
69. MaskO'Gears
70. legendofrob1
71. 1983parrothead
72. _R@bid_
73. BridgesWithTurtles
74. Ninka_kiwi
75. APC99
76. Ascended
77. XStarWarriorX
78. SchAlternate
79. Superyoshiom
80. Sehnsucht
81. MorbidAlruism
82. BillyTheKidd
83. andimidna
84. LaniusShrike
85. AquaDork1
86. UltimateWario
87. Chaosmaster8753
88. HugoBoss
89. mini paincakes
90. Leafeon523
91. Dinoman86
92. IntelliHeath1
93. KimmotMan
94. King Orfut
95. Xenoblaze
I added people from the very beginning who posted multiple times back then.
Also those who straight out said they support.

P.S. I decided to add Xenoblaze to the end of the list as a tribute to the original thread owner.
Edit: Whoops make that 93 supporters accidentally added 2 people twice.
I'm not on there :confused:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Takamaru would be the Nintendo equivalent of Samurai Jack and Roroni Kenshin. That just sounds bad *** to me.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
So what's this I hear about Pipe Burst? Are we getting a ND really soon? If so... wouldn't we at least get a heads up a few days before? I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much but it's got my attention all right.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
How could I forget about Samurai Champloo (sorry if misspelled)?
Spelled right! Love that show, absolutely amazing! Thinking about it makes me want takamaru more actually.

Edit: pipe burst predicts a nd in about a week or two. Frankly I doubt it's legitimacy, and I hope both leaks are wrong, but you never know.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Spelled right! Love that show, absolutely amazing! Thinking about it makes me want takamaru more actually.

Edit: pipe burst predicts a nd in about a week or two. Frankly I doubt it's legitimacy, and I hope both leaks are wrong, but you never know.
Likewise, and for an extra bonus, how about Takamaru with a Jin palette color in the game?

Letterbomb

Smash Rookie
Your In Luck I'm actually Friends with the Leaker you could say and I asked her some questions and she said That DLC Is possible but they want to put enough Content into the Game then they can worry about DLC
Was following the chaos in GameFAQs tonight and stumbled upon these posts by the Pipe Burst poster:

Just so everyone knows, I 100% do not know that poster on Smashboards. I know my friends' accounts on Smashboards anyway, but I also checked with everyone just in case one of them made a new account. That person isn't my friend nor in contact with any of us and will probably be banned soon enough from their website. (I don't believe Smashboards tolerates fake leakers.) It's funny that he said he asked me for his info, cause I'm not the one in the know. That alone should have told you that he was a phony.

I also just want to say that I have no idea when the exact date of the Nintendo Direct is. I was only assured that it will air at the end of this month or very early August. All of this coinciding with upcoming dates sure is neat, but really, don't look too far into it.
Well, don't look too far into it, cause it really is just a guess on my part, but I'd figure we'll see the Takamaru trailer before the Dixie one. Nintendo and Sakurai especially are notorious for teasing any upcoming reveals or announcements. (For instance, back at the Smash Direct, on their site they showed all of the characters in their select boxes. They purposefully had Pikachu's ears pop out from his borders to hint that the Pokemon franchise would be the spotlight for the Direct. Then we got Charizard and Greninja. They do stuff like this often.) If we're getting more info on Monolith's game, that might be more reason to think we'd see Shulk first. But again that's just a guess! All I know is that it will be one or the other.
Anyway, to the poster above @ Bunny8093 Bunny8093 , Pipe Burst is another supposed leak of the game's roster. It was posted on GameFAQs originally, like so many of them are. Don't look too much into it, unless you love the speculation and drama of it all. I would post the link, but Smashboards won't let me, since I'm not level 10. A lot of the information/predictions are spread throughout the thread, so not everything is in the first post.

Last edited:

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
Was following the chaos in GameFAQs tonight and stumbled upon these posts by the Pipe Burst poster:

Anyway, to the poster above @ Bunny8093 Bunny8093 , Pipe Burst is another supposed leak of the game's roster. It was posted on GameFAQs originally, like so many of them are. Don't look too much into it, unless you love the speculation and drama of it all. I would post the link, but Smashboards won't let me, since I'm not level 10. A lot of the information/predictions are spread throughout the thread, so not everything is in the first post.
I see... Well I'm not gonna give it much stock because I don't want to get my hopes up but I'll keep my eye on it. Thanks for some clarification!

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
One thing often forgotten is that the boss characters are supposedly "playable." That's the part that I really doubt. That said, the other leak is disproven and that means takamaru is looking pretty good right now!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
One thing often forgotten is that the boss characters are supposedly "playable." That's the part that I really doubt. That said, the other leak is disproven and that means takamaru is looking pretty good right now!
I agree, playable bosses sound extremely far fetched.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Well, despite relegation to the Assist Trophy role, at least Takamaru's chances for playability will exponentially increase for the next installment (the Little Mac treatment, so to speak), as long as he maintains a consistent level of popularity within his requests.

Last edited:

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Ouch...I didn't see that coming.
I'm sorry. I know quite a number of people wanted him in, too. This is unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom