• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
? August 7th? it comes out Wii U VC July 30th were not in August Yet and 15 plus 14 = 29 not 30 so I'm a bit confused by your comment
Oh, my bad. It would make much more sense for Sakurai to focus on the more relevant Japanese release of the Wii U port when it comes to revealing him. As for my math being off, I was also focusing on my Mario Kart TV Upload. :lol:

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
No Isaac is the case for me, plus King K. Rool and Ridley.

I would not mind this roster because of Takamaru; otherwise, I want more character reveals than that.
I Was saddened by no Isaac but Shulk Marshal Takamaru The Avatar from Animal Crossing and the Wii Fit Trainers were on my Top 5 so that would mean all of them got in So I'm extremely happy about them but I can understand no K.Rool Ridley or Mewtwo Perhaps we will get a Villain Trio Pack for the Smash Bros 5?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I Was saddened by no Isaac but Shulk Marshal Takamaru The Avatar from Animal Crossing and the Wii Fit Trainers were on my Top 5 so that would mean all of them got in So I'm extremely happy about them but I can understand no K.Rool Ridley or Mewtwo Perhaps we will get a Villain Trio Pack for the Smash Bros 5?
At times like this, I REALLY hope that Sakurai and the Namco Team at least has DLC content in mind after the game's release. That way, everyone's happy and there will be no flame wars between certain supporters.

Also, I'll add you to the support list if you aren't there yet.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Didn't the leak predict a comic con reveal though? Or was that the other one?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
[
At times like this, I REALLY hope that Sakurai and the Namco Team at least has DLC content in mind after the game's release. That way, everyone's happy and there will be no flame wars between certain supporters.
Your In Luck I'm actually Friends with the Leaker you could say and I asked her some questions and she said That DLC Is possible but they want to put enough Content into the Game then they can worry about DLC

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Didn't the leak predict a comic con reveal though? Or was that the other one?
Nope must be a different one

No, she sad that she knew absolutely NOTHING about Comic-Con at all. :laugh:
You're scaring me with that smiley face It is not a bad thing she said she knew nothing about Comic Con is it? :confused:

Last edited:

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
mmm come to think about it, a possibility of a villians trailer + the return of takamaru would be like THE MOST HYPE THING EVER!!!!

We can consider greninja and even sheik a "villian" at this point, just think about it :rotfl:
I still think is fake though.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You're scaring me with that smiley face It is not a bad thing she said she knew nothing about Comic Con is it? :confused:
Don't worry, I was just joking a little. I'm just mostly laughing at the people who even expected a character reveal at Comic-Con in the first place.

@ 4cast 4cast We'll be seeing how things actually go next week since it would be pretty exciting to see a Direct revealed that early.

Last edited:

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Hello dudes been lurking for a little, wanted to say I defiantly support Takumaru for smash and I'am hyped for his game that's coming soon. At first I didn't know who Takumaru was, I heard his name a few times and wonder why people wanted him, after reading the op, the idea grew on me over time, now I really want him to be in it. I even got Samurai Warriors 3 just to play as him! Also his sword style is my favorite, reminds me of Vergil from Devil May Cry :grin:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Hello dudes been lurking for a little, wanted to say I defiantly support Takumaru for smash and I'am hyped for his game that's coming soon. At first I didn't know who Takumaru was, I heard his name a few times and wonder why people wanted him, after reading the op, the idea grew on me over time, now I really want him to be in it. I even got Samurai Warriors 3 just to play as him! Also his sword style is my favorite, reminds me of Vergil from Devil May Cry :grin:
Don't let the k rool thread know I used this! Shhhhh..

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Welcome to the club and look out for any enemy ninjas while you're here.

Don't let the k rool thread know I used this! Shhhhh..
Dat video. I highly doubt that the Kremling King's Krew would mind if we had used their video anyway. :troll:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Ever since Takamaru's Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land, I always thought that now is the best time to bring back Takamaru. With the news of the localisation of Nazo no Murasamejō, it's really making me want Takamaru in Smash Bros. He'd fit in quite well, and it'd be a great way to revive the series, just like the revival of Kid Icarus.

I am in full support for Takamaru in Super Smash Bros! :D

Hong

The Strongest
Why you no dual release on 3DS and Wii U so I can buy both.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Why you no dual release on 3DS and Wii U so I can buy both.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Not releasing for both systems at the same time is weird. Maybe they don't want people complaining for the lack of cross buy?
mmm come to think about it, a possibility of a villians trailer + the return of takamaru would be like THE MOST HYPE THING EVER!!!!

We can consider greninja and even sheik a "villian" at this point, just think about it :rotfl:
I still think is fake though.
You guys talk so much about this villains trailer that it will most likely never happen. It is already jinxed.

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Not releasing for both systems at the same time is weird. Maybe they don't want people complaining for the lack of cross buy?

You guys talk so much about this villains trailer that it will most likely never happen. It is already jinxed.
You can unlock things for 3ds then transfer them. It's a devilish business strategy!

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It's probably to give a bit of time to convince people who own the 3DS version to buy the other as well.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
You can unlock things for 3ds then transfer them. It's a devilish business strategy!
I think Hong was referring to Mysterious Murasame Castle, not Smash... I think. If not, then I take back what I said in the other post, because cross-buy wouldn't really make sense for different games.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ever since Takamaru's Ninja Castle in Nintendo Land, I always thought that now is the best time to bring back Takamaru. With the news of the localisation of Nazo no Murasamejō, it's really making me want Takamaru in Smash Bros. He'd fit in quite well, and it'd be a great way to revive the series, just like the revival of Kid Icarus.

I am in full support for Takamaru in Super Smash Bros! :D
Thanks for the support and congratulations for being our 100th supporter. Let Takamaru have the honor of doing the fireworks for this celebration!

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
One hundred supporter HYPE

:D

Edit: That post makes me want to look up Samurai Warriors' version of Takamaru. Anyone got a link to his full move set?

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Do you guys see Takamaru's stage being on top of Murasame Castle, inside it, or outside it in the garden?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Do you guys see Takamaru's stage being on top of Murasame Castle, inside it, or outside it in the garden?
Rooftop since it's pretty climatic for a battle, but who says that they can't show a garden before the castle actually succumbs to *in Xehanort's voice* darkness.

@ bksbestbwoy bksbestbwoy This link should show you his entire moveset from the game. http://koei.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Cross Post from NeoGAF's Mysterious Murasame Castle.

I'm going to be legit with myself here.

Takamaru is one of my most wanted character to be playable character in Smash for many reasons but I will leave that in SmashGAF Thread. Right now, I'm trying to keep my hype in check because I have a feeling that Takamaru could miss his boat being in Smash Bros. I really hope that it's otherwise.

Pre-Gematsu, I was pretty sure that Takamaru would be in Smash Bros this time because I strongly felt that Nintendo is working on reviving Takamaru's franchise, Mysterious Murasame Castle.

Takamaru have been appearing in the games lately.

1. There is a sticker of Takamaru in Super Smash Bros Brawl
2. Takamaru appeared in Captain Rainbow, along with Little Mac.
3. WarioWare DYI (Japanese only) had a mini game based on Mysterious Murasame Castle
4. Takamaru appeared in Samurai Warrior 3 as Guest Character.
5. Nintendo added Mysterious Murasame Castle as one of few franchises to be in NintendoLand

I felt that Nintendo was giving Takamaru and his franchise a recognition that it deserved to have. When I heard that they are bringing the game out of Japan which boosted my excitement and hype for the game itself. Also Kamiya spoke out on twitter and expressed his interests to revving the franchise. (Yeah, I'm somewhat exaggerated my comment but yeah you get my draft. ;P)

With what I have been saying, I really hope that Nintendo would request Sakurai to included Takamaru in Smash or other way around via vera. Hopefully Nintendo have an intention to give Mysterious Murasame Castle a reboot feeling as sequel, like they did with Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I'm still hoping that Sakurai would notice that Takamaru being in Captain Rainbow since he actually dug out Fat Mac's model from Captain Rainbow and made it as trophy for Wii U version. Just make my day please, Sakurai.

For pete's sake, they already have icon ready for Smash 4. It was in NintendoLand.

I always imaged that it would happens at the Garden where the ninjas would pop out and disappear. I'm not sure if I want them to throw ninja tools at the characters because people wouldn't pick the stage if there are a lot of stage hazards. Hmmm.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Honestly, I'd rather have Sakurai make Return to the Murasame Castle than Kamiya (though I really wouldn't mind him working on it).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
What event matches do you guys expect Takamaru to participate in in Super Smash Brothers 4?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What event matches do you guys expect Takamaru to participate in in Super Smash Brothers 4?
One of the main ones we'd usually talk about is him facing Sheik and Greninja to reenact Murasame Castle (since the later two are both ninjas).

Another idea I've thought of was a match with Samus, Pit, and Link against him. Being the battle of the 1986 Famicom Fighters and all.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Why not have Sheik attack Takamaru and get beaten up badly only to have Link come and try to rescue his princess? :D

The end could have Sheik, Link, and Takamaru calmly sitting down and drinking tea. :awesome:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why not have Sheik attack Takamaru and get beaten up badly only to have Link come and try to rescue his princess? :D

The end could have Sheik, Link, and Takamaru calmly sitting down and drinking tea. :awesome:
Not gonna lie, but that literally made me choke on my green tea when reading this. And don't worry, I'm still alive like Sakurai would say. :laugh:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The segment from the stream that confirms Mysterious Murasame Castle's release, details Takamaru as a character and shows some gameplay is up on Nintendo's official YouTube channel.

I still think they did a LOT of lip service for this one. I'd like to hear what you all think though.

Honestly, I'd rather have Sakurai make Return to the Murasame Castle than Kamiya (though I really wouldn't mind him working on it).
Kamiya made both Devil May Cry and Okami. A Mysterious Murasame Castle revival in his hands would essentially be the hyper active/twitch based combat of DMC with the aesthetic of Okami (or a further stylized version of the NintendoLand look for maximum iconography). I don't see a situation where Kamiya's game doesn't turn out to be the best choice. No offense to Sakurai. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom