• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Her established name in SW3 is Ayame, and truth be told, she doesn't really do anything. the Maidens in the original game are just for rescuing for points, and Ayame cant really do anything in battle. Her only real role in the re-make in SW3 is that shes a shrine maiden capable of suppressing Murasame's powers through prayer.
Uh...actually, the Maidens in the original game game you an extra life. And I knew that was Ayame, but she's based off the Maidens and it's the best image I have.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I'd say we shouldn't get our hopes too high for any bosses or assist from Nazo no Murasame-Jo considering Kid Icarus only had a few trophies and stickers in Brawl. When a revival were to happen after SSB4, then the series would be worthy enough for more representation (bosses, item, assists, ect.) in SSB5 (considering if Sakurai were to have a successor take over for him).

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I'd say we shouldn't get our hopes too high for any bosses or assist from Nazo no Murasame-Jo considering Kid Icarus only had a few trophies and stickers in Brawl. When a revival were to happen after SSB4, then the series would be worthy enough for more representation (bosses, item, assists, ect.) in SSB5 (considering if Sakurai were to have a successor take over for him).
Yeah but remember this isn't Brawl, implying it's not as rushed thanks to a certain story mode, I think we can expect more interesting and obscure trophies/items/assists which is what it's happening with the Steeldiver gun, the cuccos, the Phosphora trophy on WiiU, Mother Brain etc.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yeah I agree that's why unlike most people I was excited there wasn't a story mode like SSE.
I'm perfectly fine with melee's 3 modes Classic, All-Star, and Adventure.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Can I just say that I'd love to see Kohachiro Miyata do something with Nintendo on a Nazo no Murasame jo revival? He's a Shakuhachi (Japanese Flute) player who's been given the title of a "Living National Treasure" by Japan.

^WARNING: Not everyone's cup of tea here^

^This one's jazzy^

His music is absolutely beautiful. And it's traditional Japanese, too.

EDIT: Or not. Wikipedia needs to edit their list because he's deceased now. I hadn't heard.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Just imagine an adventure mode stage based on Murasame Castle with that kind of music... :grin:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can I just say that I'd love to see Kohachiro Miyata do something with Nintendo on a Nazo no Murasame jo revival? He's a Shakuhachi (Japanese Flute) player who's been given the title of a "Living National Treasure" by Japan.

^WARNING: Not everyone's cup of tea here^

^This one's jazzy^

His music is absolutely beautiful. And it's traditional Japanese, too.

EDIT: Or not. Wikipedia needs to edit their list because he's deceased now. I hadn't heard.
Damn it, he wouldn't been perfect if he weren't dead. Oh well, there should be many other talented options to choose from.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Damn it, he wouldn't been perfect if he weren't dead. Oh well, there should be many other talented options to choose from.
He was the most famous of the Japanese Living National Treasures in music from what I've seen. He was one of two shakuhachi players to earn the title, so maybe the other would be a suitable fit for the role. His name is Reibo Aoki. He's obviously good, but I couldn't find any videos of him online.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I know that something Zelda doesn't really belong on this thread but something about this rendition of Ballad of the Windfish reminds me so much of Japanese culture that its crazy.
I don't know I enjoy so I hope you will too.

Here's the video embedded.
There's just something about it and I don't know what.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I know that something Zelda doesn't really belong on this thread but something about this rendition of Ballad of the Windfish reminds me so much of Japanese culture that its crazy.
I don't know I enjoy so I hope you will too.

Here's the video embedded.
There's just something about it and I don't know what.
There should totally be music like this in a Murasame jo revival.

Also, that artwork is amazing. Wow.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Exactly I think the artwork is phenomenal.
I think that things that shouldn't and couldn't happen is the things that people long for thus the whole character prediction thing although some characters that are predicted are totally out of the question we want what we cant have.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Getting a little off topic LOL.
So anyways I made a prediction that one of two characters will be revealed in April.
So based off of the last trailer (Little Mac) it was largely based around American culture so I do think they're going for the East VS. West thing so...
If they want to represent Japanese culture they'll reveal Takamaru if they want to reveal Japan's most wanted it'll be Shulk.
What do you guys think of this theory?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
So anyways I made a prediction that one of two characters will be revealed in April.
So based off of the last trailer (Little Mac) it was largely based around American culture so I do think they're going for the East VS. West thing so...
If they want to represent Japanese culture they'll reveal Takamaru if they want to reveal Japan's most wanted it'll be Shulk.
Nazo no Murasame jo has its anniversary this month, doesn't it?

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Played through NnMJ for the first time and it got me thinking. First of all, that **** is HARD. Not really surprised it wasn't released overseas considering they weren't really sure if people here would want samurais, much less hair-pullingly difficult samurais. Also, if Takamaru is in Smash 4 and they base his moveset around this game and not some future projects or make up a new moveset, he will be ridiculous! He can shoot fireballs in every direction, throw knives or whatever those things were, and turn invisible. Not to mention how quickly he moves compared to other characters from similar games of the time. Sounds to me like he has the potential to have one of the highest skill ceilings in the game (although I think Rosalina will ultimately have the highest).

D

Deleted member

I have a couple of theories on who they could reveal.
1. Palutena because March was the KI:U Anniversary. She couldn't be revealed because there wasn't a Direct. So, it makes sense to reveal her in April.
2. Takamaru because, as you've stated, April is the month of Ninja Castle's Anniversary.
3. Snake for the same case as Palutena, but for promoting Ground Zeroes instead.
4. Dixie Kong for the same case as Palutena, but for promoting Tropical Freeze instead.
5. Chrom for the Fire Emblem Anniversary.
6. Shulk if Monolith Soft is going to show some X footage.

I wouldn't jump the gun and say that they will reveal Takamaru for the East (if that was the case, then the two biggest contenders for a reveal would be Takamaru and Shulk) like they revealed Little Mac for the West (and because of the Punch Out!! anniversary).
Anything can happen in April and Sakurai has proven himself to be unpredictable.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a couple of theories on who they could reveal.
1. Palutena because March was the KI:U Anniversary. She couldn't be revealed because there wasn't a Direct. So, it makes sense to reveal her in April.
2. Takamaru because, as you've stated, April is the month of Ninja Castle's Anniversary.
3. Snake for the same case as Palutena, but for promoting Ground Zeroes instead.
4. Dixie Kong for the same case as Palutena, but for promoting Tropical Freeze instead.
5. Chrom for the Fire Emblem Anniversary.
6. Shulk if Monolith Soft is going to show some X footage.

I wouldn't jump the gun and say that they will reveal Takamaru for the East (if that was the case, then the two biggest contenders for a reveal would be Takamaru and Shulk) like they revealed Little Mac for the West.
Anything can happen in April and Sakurai has proven himself to be unpredictable.
I agree completely with everything you just said (Except for the Ground Zeroes part) but does it not seem odd that Little Mac's reveal was in an American comic book style I'm most likely over speculating but that's how I see it. Time Will Tell.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Played through NnMJ for the first time and it got me thinking. First of all, that **** is HARD. Not really surprised it wasn't released overseas considering they weren't really sure if people here would want samurais, much less hair-pullingly difficult samurais. Also, if Takamaru is in Smash 4 and they base his moveset around this game and not some future projects or make up a new moveset, he will be ridiculous! He can shoot fireballs in every direction, throw knives or whatever those things were, and turn invisible. Not to mention how quickly he moves compared to other characters from similar games of the time. Sounds to me like he has the potential to have one of the highest skill ceilings in the game (although I think Rosalina will ultimately have the highest).
I'm glad to find someone else who's played it! It's a ton of fun if you can handle the difficulty. I imagine Takamaru to be a character that's surprisingly reliant on projectiles and really fast. He'd also have one of the fastest projectile-deflecting moves in the game (for non-energy based attacks), based off of his ability to neutralize projectiles in his game. He'd be one of the best characters to use against other projectile-users.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Please forgive me, lately I've been quiet about Takamaru due to merely anticipating what will happen, and I'm sort of lazy when it comes to updating the front page (there are a lot of outdated things).
All is forgiven my friend but this thread has really picked up you should be proud of yourself.

LF2K

Floor Diver
What do you all think Takarmaru's artwork would look like? All the newcomers have gotten one, so he would get one too.

I think a classic oil painting with him clashing with a Japanese-styled dragon version of Bowser would be awesome!

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm hoping it's gonna be Takamaru vs. Link.
I don't care what kind of art-style it is as long as it's Tak vs. Link

Last edited:

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Idea:

Samus, Pit, and Link are all fighting (probably in a Feudal Japanese-themed arena). Projectiles are prevalent. Suddenly, they're all like "!!" and all of their projectiles are mysteriously cut from the air, and a mysterious figure stands in the middle of the battlefield! Takamaru Cuts In! They all fire their best projectiles at him, but he quickly disperses them with his sword. Cue "The Mysterious Murasame Castle" and gameplay.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Idea:

Samus, Pit, and Link are all fighting (probably in a Feudal Japanese-themed arena). Projectiles are prevalent. Suddenly, they're all like "!!" and all of their projectiles are mysteriously cut from the air, and a mysterious figure stands in the middle of the battlefield! Takamaru Cuts In! They all fire their best projectiles at him, but he quickly disperses them with his sword. Cue "The Mysterious Murasame Castle" and gameplay.
This is probably, most likely, definitely the best way the trailer can go ever.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Idea:

...can I at least have Marth in the poster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom