• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's E3 Plans Announced - Return Of The Nintendo World Championships

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Nintendo just released their exciting video chronicling some of their plans for E3 2015. Among these are the return of the Nintendo World Championships, a Nintendo Digital Event, the Nintendo Treehouse Live at E3, and more, so check out the video and get some laughs!

SmashCapps is INCREDIBLY excited! To discuss this and all things Smash follow him on Twitter.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Hmm, wonder if any of the Smash competitive players will give this a shot? Would be really hype if so.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
"On June 14th, 2015 I will finally get the chance to kick Reggie's Ass. I think."

~HungryBox

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo World Championships...

Isn't Ryu The World Champion?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
$5 says the final game will be an unannounced game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Nintendo misread "E3" as "MEME3".

Who's hype for MEME3?

Also, goodbye, Space Cowboy...

D

Deleted member

Please let there be a 3D kirby platformer for this years e3!,Please let there be a 3D kirby platformer for this years e3!,Please let there be a 3D kirby platformer for this years e3!!!!!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nintendo Digital Event and Square Enix Press Conference Clash... oh lord that's going to be busy!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Nintendo Digital Event and Square Enix Press Conference Clash... oh lord that's going to be busy!
Heavensward comes out for early access people on Friday of that week. Man, that is going to be quite a week.

Also, Bill Trinen has not left Nintendo. As you can see his Twitter, he mess up the timing for the joke of the video due to time zone and says "still work with Nintendo" on his profile. He is still Reggie's boss(?) and somehow a master Trintroll.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Sounds amazing! And I can't participate.. I CAN'T BE PART OF NINTENDO HISTORY!.. WHYYY! ;-; (also.. we'll get another super mega duper rare game containing all the speedrun sections from the championship? because... is already too much having the lack of the NES one haunting the mind of any collector)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This was unexpected but awesome. I'm excited.

That Virtual Boy though.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
So NES remix?

Last edited:

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
I'm glad they didn't fix what wasn't broken and kept the digital event, the livestreams and some sort of competition.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Smashing the like button like...

This video was great.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
How did I not guess that pink Little Mac was Regi?

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I am so excited for this news. And the video that Nintendo made had me in tears, it was so awesome. So much win Nintendo. E3 is going to be so hype and I can only assume that other games they announce will be playable at Best Buy as well.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
$5 says the final game will be an unannounced game.
That would be great given how Super Mario Bros 3 was the legendary bombshell that Nintendo dropped at the first one, though topping the announcement of one of the best games of all time would definitely be a challenge. I'll throw in an extra $5 to say that Fred Savage or someone else from the Wizard will be a guest at the event.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Eh, not really as excited as I expected myself to be. Still awesome that they brought it back and I'm definitely tuning in.

Mario Maker's an odd choice of game to demo. I dunno how much having people create and test levels will be compared to the hectic Smashfests of last year. I'm sure it'll provide fun and schadenfreude. Just seems like it's going to be really weird to manage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It does seem nice that there will be a Mario Maker demo at Best Buy, but I feel that the time limit on the demo will heavily limit how much each player will be able to compose a course.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Eh, not really as excited as I expected myself to be. Still awesome that they brought it back and I'm definitely tuning in.

Mario Maker's an odd choice of game to demo. I dunno how much having people create and test levels will be compared to the hectic Smashfests of last year. I'm sure it'll provide fun and schadenfreude. Just seems like it's going to be really weird to manage.
It's pretty much guaranteed that there's going to be more than this. Mario Maker is just the only game they're going to demo that's already been announced. (Which makes me wonder what the hell is going on with Yoshi's Wooly World...)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's pretty much guaranteed that there's going to be more than this. Mario Maker is just the only game they're going to demo that's already been announced. (Which makes me wonder what the hell is going on with Yoshi's Wooly World...)
Wooly World is coming out IN June in Europe and Australia, so I doubt it will have a large presence at E3. The game is literally finished.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That soon? Guess I haven't been paying attention. I thought it was slated for the fall. Anyways, my original point still stands. There will probably be 3-4 other games that will be demoed too with Star Fox Wii U likely to be one of them.

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
Hopefully more smash dlc is announced.

And by that I mean Roy.

Top Bottom