• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo screw-up: DLC edition

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Okay... first "Bloody Tears", now this. Someone at Nintendo just lost their job today.
They accidentally leaked info that is pretty much guaranteed to be true.
There will be a DLC character from SNK, likely being released in December 2019.
The evidence is clear, and even PushDustIn, the man who encourages us not to get caught on the hype train, basically admitted that it was true.
The evidence is as follows.
1567377575577.png

So, what we can see is that it will likely be released in December, due to the fact that it is "staggered" from Banjo, and it it is a character from SNK.
SNK, for those who don't know, makes a lot of fighting games of their own. King of Fighters is their most famous series.
So, who do you guys think the rep will be? Will it be from KoF, or from another series?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Okay... first "Bloody Tears", now this. Someone at Nintendo just lost their job today.
They accidentally leaked info that is pretty much guaranteed to be true.
There will be a DLC character from SNK, likely being released in December 2019.
The evidence is clear, and even PushDustIn, the man who encourages us not to get caught on the hype train, basically admitted that it was true.
The evidence is as follows.
View attachment 236382
So, what we can see is that it will likely be released in December, due to the fact that it is "staggered" from Banjo, and it it is a character from SNK.
SNK, for those who don't know, makes a lot of fighting games of their own. King of Fighters is their most famous series.
So, who do you guys think the rep will be? Will it be from KoF, or from another series?
I'd say Terry Bogard is the most likely as he's liked in both the US and Japan but it could be any of their many characters.

Mai Shanurai is the big female fighting game icon behind Chun-li and Cammy
Athena was the first game character to have a lyrical theme in game
Geese Howard and Rugal could both potentiall be the first 3rd party villains
The cast of Metal Slug have a ton of silly weapons to work with and could be each other's costumes.
And of course there's Kyo and that other guy I keep forgetting the name of.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I don't know much about SNK, but I do know that fighting game and Metal Slug. The only dude I remembered enough was the guy who wore a red hat. I just found out his name is Terry. He's probably a likely candidate since someone like me doesn't know a whole lot about the company or games but still vaguely knows of that guy.

I don't really know the way he fights, but I always got him mixed up with Street Fighter. I'd just like to know how different he would be from Ryu and Ken. They kinda look to have a similar style.

I've always been a fan of games like Metal Slug with the shoot em up sidescrollers, so I'd like to play as one of them, but it's probably Terry or Mai. Someone said there was supposedly a female dlc inclusion in the future.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Remember when third parties were special and exciting (i.e. before 4's DLC)?

KatKit

Smash Lord
Remember when third parties were special and exciting (i.e. before 4's DLC)?
Third party characters have always been exciting. They've realized that Smash is not only a celebration of all things Nintendo, but it has become a celebration of gaming as a whole, with Nintendo at the helm. Part of Smash's appeal is its crossover aspect. We have some of the best/most iconic characters from their respective genre of videogames, and some of them happen to be third party. I don't think the game would be as "special" as it is if we got 10+ more Mario reps or something. There's still a balance here; the game hasn't become "Third party fighter: featuring a couple of Nintendo characters". This DLC pass was done after Ultimate's completion, and the main game's shtick was bringing all veterans back/bringing in fan requested characters (a lot of which was first party, as far as newcomers go).

As for SNK, an SNK rep is the hypest thing in this whole pass so far, IMO. SNK contributed so much to gaming in general, let alone fighting games as we know them. The potential song playlist is going to put the other DLC's to shame; they have decades of great material to choose from.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Sorry to those who want an snk rep but i find this very underwhelming. It just seems odd to see a potential kof or samurai showdown rep before other fighting game reps, particularly from tekken and soul calibur, let alone other 3rd party series in general.

I also find the rep potentially not being terry to be odd as well since he would probably be the most likely fighter people in general would recognize. If this happens i am very curious as to how people will react but who knows maybe i am underestimating the potential of this and the popularity of snk. Hopefully we will get at least a good moveset, stage, and music from this.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
It's almost impossible, but I hope the SNK rep is from Metal Slug. I don't hate King of Fighters or Samurai Showdown, but getting a character from a fighting game into Smash, it's just boring... I really wish one day a character from a horror game gets in.

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
It's almost impossible, but I hope the SNK rep is from Metal Slug. I don't hate King of Fighters or Samurai Showdown, but getting a character from a fighting game into Smash, it's just boring... I really wish one day a character from a horror game gets in.
I really want a character from Metal Slug as well. Marco is on my list of most wanted characters even though I know he does not have much of a chance.

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the Metal Slug cast would bring something new to the table. Like I already said Ken and Ryu are already the close combat fist/leg fighters and Terry seems like he would just be too similar to be excited for.

Top Bottom