• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Press Conference of Doom '07

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
if USA did get Brawl before Japan..Smash fans from USA are in truble.............
Lol at the possibility of Japan players importing from the US, instead the other way around like it usually is.

The (possible) delay sucks, but if it's needed to be absolutely sure the game is perfect, then I'm ok with it. This isn't a PC game where you can just release seventeen patches after the game ships to fix anything you miss. I want the game right now, but I'm willing to wait if more times lets them make the game better.

On the US site, it says "There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident." So it could mean that it's unclear if they can make the release date or not, and that he hopes that they'll be able to release it on time. Also, maybe they pushed the Japan release back to focus on getting the US version out before Christmas (as Nintendo was most adamant about the US release date). That seems very unlikely, but I dunno how much cultural significance Christmas has in Japan compared to here in the US. It would explain why the Japan site has a date, but the US site does not.
Note: That is all speculation, I'm not claiming it as anything close to fact.

As a side note, I should mention that the Wii got an update today to officially support USB keyboards (system version 3.1), a follow up to version 3.0 that unofficially added it. So there's a chance, however small, that we might end up with voice chat. It's small, but there -is- hope.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the possibility of Japan players importing from the US, instead the other way around like it usually is.

The (possible) delay sucks, but if it's needed to be absolutely sure the game is perfect, then I'm ok with it. This isn't a PC game where you can just release seventeen patches after the game ships to fix anything you miss. I want the game right now, but I'm willing to wait if more times lets them make the game better.

On the US site, it says "There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident." So it could mean that it's unclear if they can make the release date or not, and that he hopes that they'll be able to release it on time. Also, maybe they pushed the Japan release back to focus on getting the US version out before Christmas (as Nintendo was most adamant about the US release date). That seems very unlikely, but I dunno how much cultural significance Christmas has in Japan compared to here in the US. It would explain why the Japan site has a date, but the US site does not.
Note: That is all speculation, I'm not claiming it as anything close to fact.

As a side note, I should mention that the Wii got an update today to officially support USB keyboards (system version 3.1), a follow up to version 3.0 that unofficially added it. So there's a chance, however small, that we might end up with voice chat. It's small, but there -is- hope.
you beat me to it i was just about to show the quote from sakurai

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.
this awesome update still feels like a apology for the games delay

ah well this will be a great game!!!

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Pit Mirror Sheild revealed!!! a new B Special!
Now we know what Metaknight's Triple Dash does!
New Taunts!!
Possible confirmation of entrances!!!
Some Metroid Stage!!!!
Some Ice (I guess) stage (where the IC jump around, you can see a ice like plataform and a dark sky, with an aurora)!!!!
Lucas possible Up Smash or some special!!!!
Final Smash information (Smash ball moves, they do around 100% damage, etc.)!!!!
Possible confirmation Winning taunts/team taunts!!!!!
This was some GREAT apology...but doesn't take the sadness away :/...Sonic confirmed...never was a fan of him, he seems cool, but it just another character to me...

Noshiee

Smash Ace
They *may* do some changes, what ends in Brawl being Delayed...

But I think the main reason is commercial stuff. Maybe they found it would sell high on another date?

what better date that 3 weeks before christmas...lol
It wont affect me as long as it comes out before christmas

(srry double post :/ )

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
How frign sweet is Andross? Made me realise how the screenshots we got on the Dojo really dont do the game any justice.

Andross is one hell of a BAMF.

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
Why would they only push the date back in Japan and not the U.S? Japan gets all (most) of the good games before the states.
And even if for some reason we got it before Japan, don't you think it will be because they added something 'special' to the Japanese version? I'd hate to say it but if Japan's release date is pushed back I hope ours is too.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Why would they only push the date back in Japan and not the U.S? Japan gets all (most) of the good games before the states.
And even if for some reason we got it before Japan, don't you think it will be because they added something 'special' to the Japanese version? I'd hate to say it but if Japan's release date is pushed back I hope ours is too.
The U.S. got the Wii and Twilight Princess before Japan.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
ok well u guys remeber metroid prime 3 it was delayed too but only by a week maybe the same will happen here if so i think it won be that big of a deal

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever."

It sucks, sure. But just look at the game. It's GOING to be good, that's almost a given.

happyskills

Smash Cadet
I consider Nintendo to be "family" since they've been a part of my life since I got my first NES at three years old. It's not lying, per say, I just didn't give specifics as to what a "major family event" entails. :)

Am I that addicted to Brawl that I'd take a whole workweek off (unpaid, too) just to play that one game with my friends and with great people like you guys online? I am, and it's pretty disturbing...

~Old Man Nintendo
I want to be this guy when I grow up.;)

Also, maybe they pushed the date back because they realized how important and how much people want online play..maybe they wanted to completley revamp it.

burrito

Smash Lord
Ah well, I guess I'll say what I think about the delay. Of course, I'm a little disappointed, I had pre-ordered Brawl and was starting to become slightly anxious for it because of the updates. It was a good feeling knowing that it would only come out in two months.

On the other hand, I really want them to take as much time as they need making Brawl. That's something that I've always stood by. It's important that they work to make this game completely perfect. As long as I get regular updates, I'm happy knowing that I will get Brawl eventually. Speaking of updates, this means that we will be getting more updates before Brawl comes out, which I am happy to see. Looks like there might be a lot of characters in Brawl.

In the end, the only thing that bothers me is that they gave themselves a release date that they couldn't hold to. They should only gave a release date if they know they can reach it. I can wait, otherwise. It's not like it's that much of a delay either, it'll only be like a month and a half. It's not crazy like Twilight Princess was.

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Yes they are. Matt Casamassina is going to be there, along with someone from Kotaku.

burrito

Smash Lord
No, there isn't going to be another press conference. Matt went to the press conference in Japan. It would be pointless with E for All coming up soon, which will have Brawl playable.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I tried to post this before, but the site crapped out. Did anyone notice the character icons go transparent when a character is behind them? I was wondering how they were going to deal with such big obnoxious pictures blocking the view, and this seems to solve it pretty nicely. They're still a bit annoying, but I can rest easier now. (Not that I think about it that much.)

In the new trailer it says Coming Soon, plus the game looks finished.
I don't think we will have to wait much longer.
Eh, someone probably explained this by now, but "coming soon" is what they put at the end of the trailer back in May 2006. We don't know anything, and I'm with you in hoping it will actually be soon, like this year, BUT it could be released NEXT Christmas, and they would probably still put a "coming soon" on the trailer. Ugh... I just wish they'd freakin' tell us how long we have to wait now.

M.K

Level 55
Alright, I understand taking as much time as you need to fix up the game, but this is ridiculous. It makes me sick that I have to wait longer, and no, I don't feel ashamed, impatient, or spoiled. Of course they've had 2 years to fix up this game, what were they doing all that time? If Nintendo makes the mistake of missing Chrstimas, they can kiss their economic stand point good ****ing bye. I love the trailers though, and I especially love how Fox's Final Smash comes up!

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
Wow TP came out before Japan? How much longer? Thats surprising, I don't know how I didn't know that.

I heard someone say (rumor) that Sakurai reads Smash forums. Maybe he's fixing something that a lot of people complained about.

Even though I really want to play the game right now, if it's delayed, it's most likely for a good reason and therefore we should just grit our teeth and be patient.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I would rather have Brawl delayed in the States then have it released earlier while Japan gets extra characters like Lip and Sigurd.

linkogecko

Smash Rookie
I just noticed that in the Nintendo Conference video, Samus is already wearing the Zero Suit by the time Fox does his Final Smash. That either confirms that you play as Zero Suit Samus without having to do the Zero Laser or that more than one Smash Ball may appear per match.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I would rather have Brawl delayed in the States then have it released earlier while Japan gets extra characters like Lip and Sigurd.
Yea i agree, i think the developers should just take their time and get Brawl perfect and more balanced.

Smash Ace
I personally like glitches.
You don't suppose that they discovered wavedashing and are trying to remove it?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Just think of it this way. In a few years you'll be whining to Nintendo to come out with a new Smash Bros. At least with the delay, you won't be whining quite so soon.

Yeah lame way to think about it I know. Meh, there's really no official comfirmation that it's been delayed anyway. Maybe they're not sure about Dec 3rd and are rethinking it. Maybe they'll go back with Dec 3rd. It's plainly obvious that it's almost gauranteed to be delayed though. T_T

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Anyone notice how he said to satisfy the fans character requests, they are working hard. I really hope this means that there are going to be a lot more characters than I had thought. 45 to 50 characters would be so awesome. I was expecting 35-40, but if they are trying to get a lot of character suggestions in, there could be so many fighters. Random freeforalls will never get boring!!!

peach-man

Smash Journeyman
The sweet, sweet land of sweet, sweet, chocolate,
Alright, I understand taking as much time as you need to fix up the game, but this is ridiculous. It makes me sick that I have to wait longer, and no, I don't feel ashamed, impatient, or spoiled. Of course they've had 2 years to fix up this game, what were they doing all that time? If Nintendo makes the mistake of missing Chrstimas, they can kiss their economic stand point good ****ing bye. I love the trailers though, and I especially love how Fox's Final Smash comes up!
And what about me, i mean, I live in europe, so that means that I would probably have to wait about 5 months longer until the game releases in Belgium... WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :(

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
Paratroopa character?

Look! It's not all bad. I mean when DK is being shot out of the numerous barrels, right behind him (you can't see him well) is Paratroopa! Could be DK's partner, meaning he might be a character. I have a picture of it but I can't insert it.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Um... the conference in San Franciso suggests the release Feburary 10th, 2008

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I just noticed that in the Nintendo Conference video, Samus is already wearing the Zero Suit by the time Fox does his Final Smash. That either confirms that you play as Zero Suit Samus without having to do the Zero Laser or that more than one Smash Ball may appear per match.
I don't know if you've watched the videos are not, but in the videos, more than one SmashBall appear per match. They actual appear very frequently.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!111!!!11!1!!1!!1!!!11!!11111!!1ONE!!1!!11ONE

that sucks so much, i cant believe they are delaying for another two months that sucks so much. i cant beleieve they coulndt have it ready for the holiday season. so sad, so so sad....peace

-hiroshi

Top Bottom