• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo of America Releases Three TV Ads for Smash 3DS

infomon

Smash Scientist
Good ads, if a bit too silly for me. They're a damn sight better than the Australian ads; we didn't bother doing anything, just chucked in some stock footage and a voiceover.

'Nintendo of Australia - We Can't be Bothered.' :chuckle:
I would have much preferred that. Show me the game, not these foolish humans. Show me the product.

But perhaps there's a reason I'm not in marketing. Certainly not the marketing of games for children. :)

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I can't wait to see how the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U commercials turn out. As a reference point, here's the quality I'm hoping for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6eqrGpMZS4
Along with the SSB4-3DS ones, I hope that there's a mix of more funny SSB4 commercials (akin to "Platinum Game Boy Advance man" at 0:30 or "baseball Bowser" at 4:52, both in the reference point) along with "cool/epic" commercials (in the aforementioned reference point, Metroid Prime at 0:45; I mean, just WOW. Also, Star Fox: Assault at 3:19. Finally, a style like this Japanese Super Smash Bros. 64 commercial could also work as a brief advertisement).
-Today I learned that the Game Boy (Advance) Micro actually got shown on TV! :eek:
Hm, I can't imagine NoA going back to the edgy/epic feel, even for future Smash games. One thing is for certain though, as decent as that Metroid Prime commercial was/is, that narrator was terrible!

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
The Train one is a little awkward.. but I laughed my ass off at the Food Fight one. A little absurd, but really funny. And the Doc Louis guy in the Training Day, AMAZING.

I gotta start solving my squabbles like this, much better than physical harm. Settle it in Smash!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I would have much preferred that. Show me the game, not these foolish humans. Show me the product.

But perhaps there's a reason I'm not in marketing. Certainly not the marketing of games for children. :)
That's fair enough, but I do like a bit of flair, I admit to being a guy that likes a gimmick now and then. Just a thought; a battle of the codes deal, get a rugby guy, an AFL guy, a soccer guy and Anthony Mundine as :4littlemac: for the hell of it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's about time they made these commercial ads for the game. I absolutely like the food fight one. Pretty hilarious! The other two were also fun to watch. :)

Of course, however, they're still not as great as the Japanese ones. Those were the best ones, especially the one where the fighters were standing together on top of a cliff.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
At least these commercials add some type of feel to them not just gameplay. Overall I like them xD

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Wow, congrats America. You have made commercials even more weird then the Japanese version of them.

The amount of awesome in these is unfathomable. Laughed so hard at all of them. The food fight has to be my favorite but they're all good.

SETTLE IT IN SMASH!

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Hm, I can't imagine NoA going back to the edgy/epic feel, even for future Smash games. One thing is for certain though, as decent as that Metroid Prime commercial was/is, that narrator was terrible!
Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoa, wasn't that the same narrator from the intro of Super Metroid?

Also the Metroid Prime commercial was made by the same guy behind Dark City, so it is hella more then decent.

aliensalmon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aliensalmon
3DS FC
1204-0174-6540
SETTLE IT...IN SMAAASH!!!

Love these commercials!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Usually I'd find these sort of adverts cheesy, but there's something about them that hits just the right note to make it borderline charming...

...don't agree?

SETTLE IT IN SMASH.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
These were cute!

I'm glad they showed a variety of age groups playing Smash. I don't feel bad being a 26 year old with a sick obsession with Smash Bros anymore!

(I never felt bad about it actually...)

Man.. reading these comments.. I am still shocked so many of you enjoy these ads. They seem targeted towards 8 yr olds and the humor is cringe-worthy at best. Shame we don't get the same level of entertainment that the Japanese ads usually provide.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Man.. reading these comments.. I am still shocked so many of you enjoy these ads. They seem targeted towards 8 yr olds and the humor is cringe-worthy at best. Shame we don't get the same level of entertainment that the Japanese ads usually provide.
Yes yes yes, you and half the video game lovers in the world are just far too cool to enjoy silly humor.
Personally, I find the commercials a tad childish as well, however you gotta take into account that Nintendo must have a hard job trying to advertise to their audience because of what a huge age range they appeal to. They already have people like you and I who have been Nintendo fans all their lives... maybe they make their ads childish to attract the younger audience that may not already have sick obsession with Smash Bros.

They're the Smashers of tomorrow... they'll be playing Super Smash Bros 10 in 2084 when TV's are big enough to put Ridley in the roster...

:') Sorta brings a tear to my eye...

DiggerandIndy

Smash Rookie
I like the Japanese ads, but I like the slogan: Settle it in SMASH! I'm sooo gonna use it for a friend of mine! :-D

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I wish real life problems could be solved like this. "you are late on the rent" "oh yeah?" Settle it in smash!
That is hiLARious!! Lol it's gonna be like that for smash Wii U cause that's the reeeeeeeaaaal one for adults lol
I got another: "Listen, we need to talk. We have to break up."
"How can you say that!? SETTLE IT... IN SMASH!!"

Fruity Insanity

Smash Rookie
OH MY GOD. I SUDDENLY REALIZED WHERE THE GIRL IN THE PIZZA COMMERCIAL IS FROM.

Or at least where I think she's from.

I KNEW SHE LOOKED FAMILIAR!

Good Luck Charlie.

Top Bottom