• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Invites 3000 Audience Members to Watch the Invitational Tournament at E3.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Nintendo has extended an invitation to 3,000 lucky Smash fans to watch the Inivtational tournament at the E3 Expo 2014.

On June 10th at 9:30 AM at the Nokia Theater, Nintendo will distribute 3,000 wristbands at the Nokia Plaza in Los Angeles, California. These wristbands will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. The doors will open at 2:30 PM and the tournament kick off will start at 4:00.

Nintendo has also gone on to say that dressing up as one of your favorite Smash characters, whether it be Mario, Link, Greninja, or even 3rd party characters such as Sonic or Mega Man may give attendees a chance to get closer to the action. That means it's time to dust off your master sword, sew up your overalls, and comb out those golden locks for the Invitational. Nintendo also asked for attendees to not form queues before Tuesday morning.

For the full joystiq article, follow this link:
http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/20/nintendo-invites-3000-to-watch-the-best-get-smash-ed-at-e3-tourn/

To discuss this piece of news further, follow this link:
http://smashboards.com/threads/e3-tournament-will-have-audience-of-3000-heres-how-to-attend.355786/

Will you be one of those lucky 3,000?

Venus of the Desert Bloom is one of the staff members for the SSB Wii U/3DS Boards and SWF's #1 Tali Fan, Follow me on Twitter @VenusToBloom

Last edited:

iHook

Smash Cadet
Title says 300....article says 3000. Place value, people!

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I'd love to go, but I can't justify driving to the nearest Best Buy to PLAY the demo, let alone fly across the country to watch sixteen 'pros' play a demo for a flimsy plastic trophy.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I might have to get a speculative outfit on, just to see if I get picked... Now, how do I make a Ridley cosplay?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wish i lived in LA... Someone on this site has to record the matches if they go!!

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I wish i lived in LA... Someone on this site has to record the matches if they go!!
I wouldn't worry about that. In an age where everyone has cellphones with cameras, someone's going to get footage regardless. Best of all, most of them are there for E3 anyway, they'll all likely have legitimate cameras meant to film things.

Not to mention, the whole event is being live streamed anyway, so it's not like we gotta be there.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Pennsylvania is a little far...

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
First you have a guy stand on your shoulders, and then two guys on his shoulders, and so on, until you look like Ridley.
Let's see... 2 guys for the legs, 2 guys inside the chest and lower abs, 2 guys for the arms, 2 guys for the wings, 2 guys for the jointed neck, 1 guy on the lower jaw, 2 on the upper jaw, one for the head and the point on his forehead, and about 5 guys for the tail.

Total: way too big :)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Let's see... 2 guys for the legs, 2 guys inside the chest and lower abs, 2 guys for the arms, 2 guys for the wings, 2 guys for the jointed neck, 1 guy on the lower jaw, 2 on the upper jaw, one for the head and the point on his forehead, and about 5 guys for the tail.

Total: way too big :)
You also need at least 4 guys between the legs. So, yeah, too big. D:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
i wanna go so bad but i to young :c

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Look I'll be happy enough if the tournament is being streamed and it probably will be so whether I'm there or not doesn't matter to me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hnnngh, going to a summer Chant Intensive during E3, will miss everything but will be learning how to Gregorian Chant like a boss. Worth, I guess.

Gombukelp

Smash Apprentice
This might sounds silly but wouldn't it be cool if the actual in-game Smash Bros announcer attended the tournament and did some work on the mic? To hear him scream: "Mew2King versus Dr Peepee!", and then hear the 3000 audience members go berserk right before a match would be so epic. The hype would be unreal.

KatKit

Smash Lord
I'll go, if I'm not busy that day. I hope I'll see at least one of yall there. Look for the short Latina who's cosplaying Palutena.

By the way, is this free? If not, I might have to sneak in.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
I can definitely see Ridley taking up multiple invitational spots. And having trouble getting through the door.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
While on the east coast without the money to fly over there, I'm honestly really excited for the 3,000 that get to go see the tournament live. Nintendo is really hyping up this tournament and is showing interest in the community. With their invitation, Wii U Game Cube Controllers, and demo in Best Buy stores, I'm proud of them and what they are doing.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If I just had green boxing gloves I could easily pass up as Little Mac. (minus having heavy weight arms lol) Bonus points for knowing how to box.

Shame I'm nothing but a measly European.

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Heh, I hope the cosplayers get shown on the stream. Actually, I'd guess that's probably the point of giving them special seating.

Also, in that screenshot, Samus looks really intent on shooting Bowser right in his armpit.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
WHY do I have to live in Australia??!! Nintendo, we have no best buys! Do you care? Of course not!

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I find it quite odd that it is "first come, first served". Guess you American folk better not stall, huh? :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom