• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Event Takes Place; Nobody Notices

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
So, some of you may have heard the big announcement yesterday. It was shocking, scarring millions of youths and challenging the very foundation of civilization as we know it. True has become false, black has become white, and two and two now add up to five.

Can you believe they don’t make a white iPod anymore?

In other news related to press-events-that-happened-September-5th, Nintendo, it seems, did indeed have its event in Japan, as <a href="http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/08/30/nintendo-to-host-private-event-september-5th/">had been reported</a>. Not a ton came out of it, though, and there’s nothing to speak of directly relating to Brawl. But one bit of semi-interesting news is that Super Mario Galaxy <a href="http://wii.ign.com/articles/803/803354p1.html">has been pegged for a November 1st release in Japan</a>, beating the US release date of November 12th.

What does this have to do with Brawl? Well, since we already had a US release date for Galaxy (given to us at E3, as a matter of fact), we know that Nintendo has no problem 1up-ing (har-har) the rest of the world by giving it to Japan a week and a half earlier. So maybe those <a href="http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/08/11/brawl-in-japan-and-online-confirmed/">rumors of a November 22nd Japanese release for Brawl</a> aren’t that far-fetched. And even though it might seem a bit soon for Nintendo to follow up with Brawl just three weeks after Galaxy comes out, remember that that’s the exact length of time between the two releases in North America.

Nintendo, the ball is in your court. What’s your next move? The Japanese have to find out when Brawl is coming out there sometime, you know. You can’t just spring it on them all of a sudden. They have to know it’s coming, plan ahead. Save up the money. Stuff like that.

Readers, what’s your take? Will the Japanese be spoiling Brawl for the rest of us? Has Steve Jobs gone insane? Is it cruel for me to be feeling a bit of <a href="http://www.avenueq.com/">schadenfreude</a> at iPhone-touting Scav’s ($200) expense? Answers to these questions, and more—in the comments.

Fabiano

Smash Apprentice
Im just not going to read anything about Brawl when it comes out in Japan.
To avoid unlockable spoilers.
I'm just really curious about the European Release date.
Everyone always forgets about us.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Readers, what’s your take? Will the Japanese be spoiling Brawl for the rest of us? Has Steve Jobs gone insane? Is it cruel for me to be feeling a bit of <a href="http://www.avenueq.com/">schadenfreude</a> at iPhone-touting Scav’s ($200) expense? Answers to these questions, and more—in the comments.
"What's that, some kinda Nazi word?" :confused:

ZOMG. I love you because you knowingly referenced Avenue Q. :grin:

thegimpsta

Smash Rookie
I know I'll be doing the same thing, searching all the time about updates for Brawl, mostly for characters. Hell, I do it all the time now, it's a sickness really..lol

Sneaky 2.0

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2724-1598-9725
I just figured something. Isn't Europe getting Brawl later than even North America? What if the NA release spoils things for Europe? Updates might STILL be slow and constant.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
japan has a solid shot of getting brawl 1st. and if they do, i wont hesitate to find out as much info from them as possible....peace

-hiroshi
*sigh* If only Nintendo wasn't f***ing retarted, and released the game worldwide at the same time everywhere, like MGS4. Now that's giving one for the worldwide fans. If Japan gets Brawl first, I say that shows Nintendo's biased towards that little island. November 27th or watever, Europe might not even get it until like May. That's f***ed up, straight up. Hopefully Kojima gives them a smack in the b***s for the smashers outside of Japan, especially Europe and Australia. Seriously. :laugh:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
No, comon how long have we known Nintendo. Lets see how badly we can starve them before they coming craving for game info. I say if it wasn't for Sakurai we would probably still be left with a smash logo a fifteen second video and a promise that "smash will come out......eventually."

Eagle

Smash Lord
Will the Japanese be spoiling Brawl for the rest of us?
Oh come on Americans are gonna spoil it for the Australians anyways.

If you don't want to spoil the surprise don't go on any site that could potentially reveal hidden things.

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
In all honesty, as a Games Design + Programming student I think Nintendo's the most unorganised and naive gaming company.

A last Gen console - with a motion sensor. Awesome.
Their only Multi-Player AAA title, doesn't have a worldwide release.
Mario still has his boring old adventures.
Another Generic Mario Kart game.
Mario Party 8 - pathetic and slow, just like the last 5. (3 was the only good one)
No Multiplayer in Metroid - Curroption.

I'm from the UK, and I know fine well Brawl won't be out here till 2008, whilst USA and Japan have it for 07.

Once I complete my course, I'm gonna set up my own gaming team and construct a KILLER RPG. And only release it in Britain. I'll show trailers, videos and even let some gamers play a short demo in Japan just to build the hype.

Then when the release date comes, it'll be a UK only and folk can thank Nintendo for it.

Thankfully I've got Halo 3 + Mass Effect to play till Brawl FINALLY comes out here.

Smash Ace
In all honesty, as a Games Design + Programming student I think Nintendo's the most unorganised and naive gaming company.

A last Gen console - with a motion sensor. Awesome.
Their only Multi-Player AAA title, doesn't have a worldwide release.
Mario still has his boring old adventures.
Another Generic Mario Kart game.
Mario Party 8 - pathetic and slow, just like the last 5. (3 was the only good one)
No Multiplayer in Metroid - Curroption.

I'm from the UK, and I know fine well Brawl won't be out here till 2008, whilst USA and Japan have it for 07.

Once I complete my course, I'm gonna set up my own gaming team and construct a KILLER RPG. And only release it in Britain. I'll show trailers, videos and even let some gamers play a short demo in Japan just to build the hype.

Then when the release date comes, it'll be a UK only and folk can thank Nintendo for it.

Thankfully I've got Halo 3 + Mass Effect to play till Brawl FINALLY comes out here.
USA>UK

Nintendo is the coolest video game company, because I know it's not Sony, and everyone else worldwide tinks Microsoft XBOX is a joke.

Jossy

Smash Apprentice
actually
Nintendo Europe still states '4th Q 2007' as release date for Brawl on their official site.
So... Who the **** cares...
We will get it this year... a few weeks difference between Japan , America, Australia and Europe doesn't make a bit of difference. America might get it a week or 2 sooner, or maybe Japan will. Or will Europe actually be first (like strikers) because of the lesser WiFi problems?

All i know is that it won't make so much difference. It'll be out Q4 2007.

Top Bottom