• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Starting Now!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
The Nintendo Direct is starting now! This Direct will cover both 3DS and Wii U titles that are coming in the future. There will also likely be some excellent Smash information, so head to Nintendo's Twitch account and keep your eyes right here to see the whole thing! Enjoy, and happy Smash news!

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
MAJORA MASK CONFIRMED and they said it is MORE ACCESIBLE, YES! I MAY FINALLY ENJOY THE GAME

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Duck Hunt's trailer... Wasn't so hype worthy... OK direct.
Why did Miyamoto talk about Pikmin instead of Star Fox?

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
How 'bout that Mario Kart DLC? Looks pretty awesome. Too bad villager doesn't get a costume.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i swear some people just don't understand that these direct are supposed to just give more info about comfirmed games if they show a new game, thats just gravy.
also splatoon has single player platform adventure im happy and will buy

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
I got my hopes up again...... And my heart was shattered......
Mother 3.
Star Fox.
Metroid.
F-gosh darn Zero
and these 3 :popo::lucas::wolf:
either way I am still excited for Mario kart DLC and amiibos.
Im guessing this means nonr of that is mentioned in the direct? Darn. No fzero is especially disappointing. I coildnt tune in bc school and I wont be able to see it fot a while.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3DS is finally confirmed (as it should be)!
Although it's not coming out in the same year as the heavily anticipated Super Smash Bros. 4 and Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire Versions, the mere announcement of it was music to my ears (2014 being the year of gaming, at least for this decade so far?).. That was one of the strangest introductions ever, what with the odd music and jerky animations :laugh:...at first, I was like "Kid Icarus? Final Fantasy? New 'role-playing-game (RPG)' intellectual property?", only to be greeted with something from The Legend of Zelda! The potential of a bundle with The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS would be great! (And we really need Termina: Great Bay as a returning veteran stage in Super Smash Bros. 4.)

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M looks interesting, although I wish that Tiger Lily's name was clarified in terms of spelling (her introductory caption had the "Lilly" spelling, while her overworld text indicator had the "Lily" spelling).

Kind of surprised that Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker hasn't been released yet, but it looks lovely. I like how the music playing during the segment had a trumpet rendition of the "Level Start" musical excerpt from Super Mario 64 (deriving from the introductory portion of Super Mario Bros. 1 "Ground Theme").

The Mario Kart 8 segment was nice (yet another "Mute City theme" remix.. >_> LOL at the trumpets..) Link looked so boss while posing on the Master Cycle (and that particular vehicle reminds me of that "Link to the Future/'Futuristic' Legend of Zelda game" hoax from a few years ago, in which Link's stead, a motorcycle, was purportedly called Epona - even better is that Eiji Aonuma apparently wants to integrate the Master Cycle in the official Legend of Zelda series!).. Link is awesome, but I really don't see the point of Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach as full-fledged separate characters coming ahead of other more deserving characters (especially since Mario Kart 8's roster has already been heavily criticized for its choices and omissions)
There was also some medley music i recognized...
The amiibo integration as "costumes for Miis in Mario Kart 8" wasn't what I was expecting, but okay? The Captain Falcon-based and Varia Suit Samus-based Mii costumes look slick; LOL at the racing Mii costumes based on Fox, Kirby, and Yoshi. :laugh:

For Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, I didn't know that Kirby went the "clay" route in terms of design (following Kirby Epic Yarn's yarn motif and the general paper motif of the Paper Mario series), but it seems neat and pretty (I already wanted Yarn Kirby/Prince Fluff in Super Smash Bros. series, but now I don't know what to do XD). And yet another "Green Greens" remix...if it's going to be remixed this much as a sort of "Kirby main theme", why wasn't it in Super Smash Bros. 64? >_>

WOOT, Hyrule Warriors Beyblade Spinner tool hype! The "Super Smash Bros. 4-based" amiibo functionality with Hyrule Warriors seems underwhelming..
Duck Hunt Dog trailer, finally! At least I guessed something right! :seuss: Kind of contradicts "canon", though, in terms of how the Super Smash Bros. 4 invitation was received? :p (I'll personally interpret the trailer as just when the Duck Hunt Dog (and Duck) physically meet the Super Smash Brotherhood for the first time.) The usage of NES (?) sprites is reminiscent of Pac-Man's Super Smash Bros. 4 poster, but it still looks cool (he should've tagged along in the Duck Hunt Dog trailer, too!). The animation and music were so whimisical... And a Duck Hunt stage, too (with a blatant Duck Hunt Dog paradox)?! LOL at the "Game not compatible with [NES] Zapper" text. Mario looked so dazed during Duck Hunt Dog's Final Smash..
Duck Hunt isn't already on the Wii U Virtual Console..? :glare:

WOOT FOR INDIE GAME DEVELOPERS (and the awesome music that played during the "indie developer" presentation segment).
Um, at that Mario Bros. + Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate segment...huh? :scared: The cries of those rodent beasts were so grating on the ears..

They can't just release Pikmin: Short Movies (3D/HD) on YouTube for free, like with all of the Super Smash Bros. 4 trailers..? I know that the shorts cost money to make, but still...just slap some advertisements on the online videos or something.. This limitation (like with the Kid Icarus: Uprising anime shorts) just seems bothersome, particularly with the short length.

The video segments for Xenoblade Chronicles: X and Splatoon looked cool.. Splatoon's "music" is so quirky; it's like I feel that those strange noises shouldn't count as music at all, yet the tunes are so...surreal/upbeat? I personally prefer the first "theme" (the one primarily heard at E3 2014).. Good to hear that Splatoon has a seemingly engaging single-player campaign.

Last edited:

Sgtxam

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sgtxam
3DS FC
2964-8815-6265
The Monster Hunter 4 Mario cats was just... I don't even

Xenoblade Chronicles X is GORGEOUS

And of course the Duck Hunt stage is 8-bit... oh well :crying::mad:
My favorite part was the Mario Kart 8 DLC that Dragon Track and the rupees on the LoZ stage... so awesome. And Mute City!! Anything F-Zero related I love.

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
This direct made me squeek on the inside..
majora's mask, that cute duckhunt trailer (look at the duck when they are swimming!!), those nice mario kart 8 additions and even the animated shorts sound great! And the mario kart 8 amiibo function was awesome as well. Nintendo seems to really step up their game with all this fanservice and things we would never expect.
I love you Nintendo

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I don't understand why peopel were expecting really really huge news. New games are almost always saved for the January Nintendo Direct, which gets hype going for the next E3

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
MAJORAS MASK 3D I CANT EVEN OMG TTFYGUFVTUJIDHDBTDGHEWWSHMKOPJVTJDBDZNGDG)4$:73787

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Was expecting less. Some very good stuff and damn people you need to turn your hype down not every direct is an E3 worth of stuff there was a lot of new information on known games just like they said was what they were showing

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Anyone else think the price on the Pikmin short films is kinda steep?

I can't see myself paying for short films.

Last edited:

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
ASASJDHRHEJDNBCDJWOQPWJDN!
Splatoon HYPE! Those little octopuses are so cute and HD! It's a clever idea. And that Single Player mode! 0_0 MUST HAS! I especially loved that Roller Coaster level.
Code Name: STEAM looks awesome! It's a zany concept that looks like it was pulled of perfectly. MUST HAS!
The amiibo functionality for Mario Kart 8 looks epic. The first costumes I'm getting are Samus and Captain Falcon. Those two look epic!
HYPEHYPEHYPE!!

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I only liked Majora's Mask and the more info on amiibo's. The other games were cool, but I don't plan an picking a lot of them, if any, up. DHDs trailer was underwhelming, imo.

Ryan Grant

Smash Rookie
And not a single starfox was given that day. Or metroid. Or animal crossing.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
What's wrong with 8bit?

2oldscholl4u m8?
I was hoping for a HD Plainfield because of the trailer, but this game is getting flooded with 8-16 bit stages

Super Smash NES Remix confirmed.

Top Bottom