• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct - New Games, Announcements And More

Pianogamer

Smash Rookie
The moment I saw the Fire Emblem trailer, wished it was for Wii U... Whit it, the game could see new posibilities.
I think it's the same case as Majora's Mask 3D: if they already have the graphic motor and a lot of work already made, why trying to realease the game for Wii U?

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Sooo... They're just gonna skip downloadable GameCube games even though they just came out with a new adapter no more than a quarter of a year ago? Thank you for leaving out my favorite console of all time, Nintendo. I'll just be waiting over in this corner with my purple lunchbox...

Last edited:

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I...I thought about that too, honestly, I hope not xD Shin Megami Tensei If. I remember some people saying how it was considered one of the worst games in the SMT series. (never played tho, cause the game never got out of Japan) it could be that I read that in some biased site, though. Also, the "if" on the title was based off a British cult film of same name, because it had a similar storyline. Not sure why the title of this Fire Emblem game is "If" xD could be because of what Satoru Iwata said about your choices ingame actually mattering now?
That could be why, it's a good idea also I never played if myself but from what I've heard and seen if seems rather unique for an SMT, if(lol) you ever played rouge legacy the fact that your characters something changes after you die and the dungeon also changes is really similar

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That new Fire Emblem game got me all excited the most. Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna get that one and I'm definitely buying a New 3DS XL. I'm also excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X, Wii games coming to the eShop and maybe Majora's Mask 3D or maybe not but I'm neutral about Mario Party 10.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
The moment I saw the Fire Emblem trailer, wished it was for Wii U... Whit it, the game could see new posibilities.
I think it's the same case as Majora's Mask 3D: if they already have the graphic motor and a lot of work already made, why trying to realease the game for Wii U?
Personally, I am happy it's for the 3DS 8D
No way I would be able to get my hands on a Wii U where I live.
Ofc, If it's for the new 3DS I will probably go cry in some corner.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Personally, I am happy it's for the 3DS 8D
No way I would be able to get my hands on a Wii U where I live.
Ofc, If it's for the new 3DS I will probably go cry in some corner.
Same... I love FE, but I'm not sure if I want to pay $240 for it and a new console.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
10-year-old-boy-pleasantly-surprised-isolated-16434497.jpg
Cant wait for the new 3ds

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I want Project Steam. I want to see what happens when it's Ike vs Abe Lincoln on whatever multiplayer that game has.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
No Smash news. No Mario Kart 8 news.

And they blew this one out of the water anyway.

Now if you excuse me, I need to go reattach my jaw after seeing that Fire Emblem trailer...

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Also more marth amiibo are coming. This gives me hope for more productions of other sold out amiibo

Elezir

Oh yeah, and getting a Robin Amiibo will be hell for me. I don't think I will be able to pre order for South America, will I?

Last edited:

PsychicHero

Smash Rookie
While I am finally on board for Splatoon. I just have to bring up that Kid Icraus uprising also had a promising multiplayer aspect that Nintendo straight up ignored upon release. Granted this game seems for more multiplayer focused but Nintendo seems late on the pick up with e sports. I hope Splatoon continues to get DLC and press attention after release

JeffsMov

Smash Journeyman
<- Was wating at least somthing about any F-Zero game

Well...anyone in the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate hype?! I can't belive is only one month away!
:joyful::158::201g::201g:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
There's so much stuff I want to talk about.
I wonder if they'll put Brawl on the eShop .-.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
I've been refreshing the Gamestop page for the Majora's Mask Edition "new" 3DS XL I'm hoping the site will let me order one. I went to the store in person and the guy said I couldn't order one in store.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I have a feeling Brawl is coming soon.

It would be funny if they somehow got permission to add P:M as well.

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
I have a feeling Brawl is coming soon.

It would be funny if they somehow got permission to add P:M as well.
I don't think that in the near future we will be playing PM on the couch on the wii u gamepad while your mother watches a tv series or something on those lines, it's just impossible and that sucks but you can't really do anything about it unfortunately, I feel like PM should be a game that's released in stores to buy, to support the awesome people that worked and still works on it, maybe someone could thing that I'm an idiot but I would buy PM day 1 if it came out

link2702

Smash Champion
majora's mask and xenoblade are al I wanted to see.

Its rare for me to love a game so much that I buy 2 versions of the same game.

Xenoblade and majora's mask are two of those games. Loved xenoblade so much that I'll gladly take a portable one. same with majora's mask.

EDIT:
I don't think that in the near future we will be playing PM on the couch on the wii u gamepad while your mother watches a tv series or something on those lines, it's just impossible and that sucks but you can't really do anything about it unfortunately, I feel like PM should be a game that's released in stores to buy, to support the awesome people that worked and still works on it, maybe someone could thing that I'm an idiot but I would buy PM day 1 if it came out

If Project M was EVER sold in any form.....it would be shut down immediately. one of the things keeping project M going is the fact that its 100% free. Nintendo could file a lawsuit on the P:M team immediately if they started charging for the game.

Last edited:

the101

Smash Journeyman
Outside Bandai Namco Studios with Binoculars...
3DS FC
4854-7073-5738
No Wooly World info? That's disappointing.

Still; Captain Toad amiibo explanation finally...shame the amiibo is just standard Toad, but oh well. Mario Party, right?

...still a shame he's the only one who isn't a Smash playable thus far.
*Nintendo subtly releases playable Toad DLC for Smash solely through Amiibo* :troll:

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
The new Fire Emblem looks to have a very strong Japanese influence. Before this, the most "Asian" was the Mongolian influence in FE6/7 and then the random Asian characters/province in Awakening (IMO they really didn't fit).

Elezir

The new Fire Emblem looks to have a very strong Japanese influence. Before this, the most "Asian" was the Mongolian influence in FE6/7 and then the random Asian characters/province in Awakening (IMO they really didn't fit).
Well, Fire Emblem is a JRPG :v
This new game though, seem to be WesternxEastern theme, so ofc they will have to put Asian influence there. Kinda like what happened on Suikoden 2. Also, I liked Say'ri :(

Did they even announced the release date for the wave 3 amiibo sets?
The new set of Amiibo will be released in Japan on April 29. (got that info on Animes Network)

Last edited:

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Well, Fire Emblem is a JRPG :v
This new game though, seem to be WesternxEastern theme, so ofc they will have to put Asian influence there. Kinda like what happened on Suikoden 2. Also, I liked Say'ri :(
JRPGs actually tend to very heavily feature western medieval fantasy (probably like >95% of JRPGs?).. and a few have a random token Asian-like place in the game world. It's actually very refreshing to me if an RPG is in an Asian setting.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Spring 2015 is all they said... I think... I can't remember... I remember seeing this before.. Fire Emblem.. I don't know... I can't remember.............
That's wave 4. When I said wave 3, I'm talking about the ones with Mega Man, Ike, Shulk, Rosalina, etc.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Am I the only one that thinks Majora's Mask is creepy...

Top Bottom