• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Coming On June 11th.Count Down Thread Day 00

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The villager is a nice WTF choice! I like it! And **** yeah, Megaman!!

Not as epic as SSBB's trailer but a good show! However, I was a bit surprised by Iwata's last remark that the Nintendo booth is not yet open but there will be information about super smash bros. wii u and 3DS. While I'm guessing its information regarding the trailer, we may see some new information leak out throughout the day.

The lack of new characters is a bit under-whelming but just fans the flames for more hype! I'm super excited now! Plus, the new 3DS graphics looks legit! Interesting route they took with it.

I'm looking forward to new information in the near future. I imagine my post is going to get drowned in posts as well smashboards become a much more livelier place. This is a great day for all of us!

With that, I'm off to bed. Enjoy all the hype and speculation!!!!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Megaman is awesome. Don't care about Villager and the lack of other reveals is surprising.

Now THIS is a fitting tribute for Megaman's 25th anniversary.

Also, I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but many of the 3DS screenies on the site point to a 3DS Adventure Mode.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
AC WONT GET A REP SAKURAI SAID ITS TOO PEACEFUL

yeah well suck it

Megaman and Villager, I am happy. Wish there would've been like 2 more newcomers though

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
AC WONT GET A REP SAKURAI SAID ITS TOO PEACEFUL

yeah well suck it

Megaman and Villager, I am happy. Wish there would've been like 2 more newcomers though
I doubt we'll see more, but I can't help but hope for them to reveal one or two more over the course of E3. 2 newcomers is a really small reveal by Smash trailer standards. Melee and Brawl each gave us, what, 4-5 at a minimum?

ColourblindZebra

Smash Rookie
Huh, the villager. I'd rather it had been Tom Nook, but at least AC has a rep now ^^ and OH MY GOD MEGAMAN YES and it's classic Mega Man toooooo~ I need to go play me some Mega Man 2 right now, forget exams >.>

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I am satisfied. It looks great. The game looks like it plays like brawl (which is absolutely fine with me) Megaman and Villager are both fitting characters and the 3ds version looks legit. I like how Samus looks and moves. Wish there was more footage of Fox. Pikachu's Down-B thunder move looks like it has great knockback. I love it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Huh, the villager. I'd rather it had been Tom Nook, but at least AC has a rep now ^^ and OH MY GOD MEGAMAN YES and it's classic Mega Man toooooo~ I need to go play me some Mega Man 2 right now, forget exams >.>
Might not be just classic Megaman. That intro was pretty suggestive of potential alternate costumes.

ColourblindZebra

Smash Rookie
Just noticed they've changed Kirby's rock move to the newer designed thwomp too. Now I'm sad because I liked that Kirby always kept the old thwomp design D:

ColourblindZebra

Smash Rookie
If we see any Namco rep I'd rather it be Klonoa, he's so adorable and I think he'd fit into smash more :3 I dunno something about seeing Pacman in 3D looks off to me :/

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Lol id like to know how it Kills his chances you do know Namco is helping with smash 4 right lol.
You know who isn't helping? Capcom. And Megaman's in. And there aren't going to be a bunch of third parties. Probably Sonic and Megaman. If pacman was going to be shown it woulda been an hour ago.

:001:

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
So about the Villager.

I'm not mad about his inclusion. Looking at the trailer again, he looks like he could be a fun fighter. I'm just uncomfortable with him seeing as AC isn't a violent series in any way. Even Captain Falcon was given a bounty hunter backstory and ROB's game (Gyromite) involved violence in some form.

Still, Animal Crossing is a big series, so it should get representation of some sort in a game about Nintendo's big franchises.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
So about the Villager.

I'm not mad about his inclusion. Looking at the trailer again, he looks like he could be a fun fighter. I'm just uncomfortable with him seeing as AC isn't a violent series in any way. Even Captain Falcon was given a bounty hunter backstory and ROB's game (Gyromite) involved violence in some form.

Still, Animal Crossing is a big series, so it should get representation of some sort in a game about Nintendo's big franchises.
Eh, if Phoenix Wright can work with a completely non-fighting moveset in MvC, Villager can be made to work without being overly violent.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'm actually quite happy that they revealed the Villager; he has the most potential out of the entire AC cast. I also love AC in general and I'm glad it's being represented like this! YA HERD SAKURAI!? VIOLENT MY ASS!

Life said:
Fishing and catching bugs is violent by PETA-like standards :troll:
Don't forget planting the neighbors into pitfalls and subjecting them to nettings (think clubbing seals!) He's quite a sick ******* under that static smile of his.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
I really hope that SSB4 isn't as floaty or slow as Brawl was. I'm not asking for it to be at Melee's pace, but something within reason, please. Brawl's floaty physics and slower pace compared to Melee made combos way too easy and certain characters overpowered as a result.

I'm also hoping that Final Smashes are handled differently. I think it should be something that takes skill to execute and it shouldn't just be an item.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
I really hope that SSB4 isn't as floaty or slow as Brawl was. I'm not asking for it to be at Melee's pace, but something within reason, please. Brawl's floaty physics and slower pace compared to Melee made combos way too easy and certain characters overpowered as a result.

I'm also hoping that Final Smashes are handled differently. I think it should be something that takes skill to execute and it shouldn't just be an item.

lol "brawl combos to easy"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The title was underwhelming. :ohwell:

I'm genuinely happy to see the villager. He will be one of my secondaries for sure. I'm also happy that his face is the exact same one I had got in Wild World lol.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The title was underwhelming. :ohwell:

I'm genuinely happy to see the villager. He will be one of my secondaries for sure. I'm also happy that his face is the exact same one I had got in Wild World lol.
Wait, the titles are seriously "Wii U" and "3DS?" Surely they'll reveal the actual title sometime soon? Did they say those were the real titles?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was a bit underwhelming, mostly because they only revealed 2 newcomers. Thankfully, the first one was a surprise to me, and the second one was VERY pleasing! Mega is definetely gonna be one of my mains. The train stage also looks like it's gonna be one of my favorites (or possibly one my LEAST favorites)

Also, I noticed the sound effects used when you land an attack one someone are similar to some of the sound effects used in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Animal Crossing Villager was surprising enough, but if they can bring in the woman trainer from Wii Fit, then I don't care what argument you have, no one has any right to use "they wouldn't have a viable moveset" as a point for a debate.

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing Villager was surprising enough, but if they can bring in the woman trainer from Wii Fit, then I don't care what argument you have, no one has any right to use "they wouldn't have a viable moveset" as a point for a debate.
Which sucks because that user to be one of my many arguments against Waluigi. :(

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Character spots in SSB4 are extremely limited, and just to waste a valuable spot on a Wii Fit trainer? C'mon ! She's just a human fitness trainer, like any other ordinary fitness training women. I apologize to the people that are advocating her, but I think she doesn't deserve a spot as a character.

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
Pac Man..... Waluigi..... King K Rool..... Ridley..... Mewtwo....

Nope. Just a fitness trainer.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
"No viable moveset" hasn't been a viable argument since N64 Smash, when they took a race car driver and turned him into the Fist of the North Star.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
People often used Phoenix as a comparison when I debated others over an AC rep. My response was always "This is Smash, not MvC."

Funny then that Sakurai explicitly said they took Megaman's uppercut attack from MvC.

Top Bottom