• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Direct Announced!

We may finally have some incoming Smash news as a new Nintendo direct has been announced! This will be the first Nintendo Direct since its hiatus with the passing of Satoru Iwata so it will be interesting to see how the presentation differs from before. The main subject of the direct is vague simply stating "updates on upcoming Wii U and Nintendo 3DS releases" so there is no sure information that show we will be getting any news on the Smash Ballot or upcoming DLC but it is a possibility.

As announced on the Nintendo America Twitter, it will take place in only two days time on November 12th! The stream will begin at 2 PM PT and can be viewed on Nintendo's Twitch channel. Think there will be Smash news? Let us know in the comments below and stay tuned to Smashboards for a recap of the Nintendo Direct!

Last edited:

Comments

It's finally happening!! Not sure what to expect about this Direct, though TP HD is pretty much a given at this point, and I also think we'll get new footage of Star Fox Zero. The rest seems unpredictable. Maybe we could learn more about Pikmin 4, but I'm not expecting it. I suppose Zelda Wii U may me mentioned somehow (like "we will reveal more at X date"), but we're almost definitely not getting footage. Overall I don't have very high expectations from this Direct, but who knows, mabe they'll manage to surprise me.

But at least there's one good reason why I can look forward this new Direct:

Very excited to see a new direct. I hope they will make it a good one to commemorate Iwata's passing. Sm4sh news will also be very exciting if they decide to showcase anything.

These 5 months somehow felt like an eternity.

Glad to see the Direct finally announced.

Last edited:
The Time has Come & so Have i ...... but im Not Keepin my Hopes up for Any Smash Ballot News or Zelda U or even Zelda HD... we'll just have to wait & see maybe we'll get some Pokken News @ dis point who knows?

With the Smash/Splatoon box set coming out later this month and Smash still being one of the main games they're pushing this holiday season, I'm expecting something Smash related.

With the Smash/Splatoon box set coming out later this month and Smash still being one of the main games they're pushing this holiday season, I'm expecting something Smash related.
The second I read this post a commercial for PSMD and Smash 3Ds came on the TV.

Called it :p

Anyways great to hear, directs are always hype and maybe we'll get a small surprise game or two, most likely something particularly small.

Or at the very least see the results of the ballot, if we're lucky we'll find out who's getting added

Called it :p

Anyways great to hear, directs are always hype and maybe we'll get a small surprise game or two, most likely something particularly small.

Or at the very least see the results of the ballot, if we're lucky we'll find out who's getting added
Somehow I doubt we'll get actual results from the ballot... At best they'll say "this is the character we chose from the ballot" and drop it.

The date surprisingly coincides with a recent leak floating around. If it's true we really are getting mediocre dlc.

Won't be the same without Iwata but it is good to see the Directs come back!

Looking forward to possible Smash and Zelda related news!!!!!

TP HD and Zelda U Hype!!!!

Last edited:
Guys I found out that they are going to make Little Mac's grounded Side B travel the whole length of the Home-run stadium

They said that the presentation would not include any info on NX or mobile, which is a good thing. I honestly am sick of all the rumours and expectations surrounding the next system and the mobile push. Maybe they'll give people something else to talk about for once.

... Melee HD.
Bruh 4 barely came out. Calm down.

I sure we get some Smash Ballot results, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I do hope to see some more on Metroid Prime: Federation Force, though.

Top Bottom