• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo better get creative

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
Some characters i just dont see having final smashes. Yoshi... "ZOMG!!1!!1 A GIANT EGG!" really, im not a yoshi hater, but i dont see what he can do. yoshi mains spread ur ideas. DK too. And Zelda. These characters just seem like its gonna take some thinkin to pull a final smash out of em. if any1 wood like to pitch ideas, do it here, and discuss who else probobly will have an obscure FS.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
DK could have a Final Smash reminiscent of his original, self-titled arcade game. He could kidnap (and beat down) one character and lob barrels at the others from atop a construction site that just so happens to appear.

Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom; if Link has Triforce Slash, Zelda can just as easily have a mega blast courtesy of the Triforce and/or the Sages, transform into Sheik and wreak havoc, fire off some Light Arrows, etc.

Yoshi could call his brethren and have a Yoshi Stampede, utterly crushing all of his opponents. Also, Yoshi could toss a ton of projectiles in an Egg Frenzy.

It's not that these characters don't have possiblities: instead, I think that you just aren't being creative enough. Think outside the box, go a little over the top, and--most importantly--have fun. =)

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
yea, also nintendo is really creative, i don't know what your talking about.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Nintendos creative, your just not creative enough to think of a good Final Smash for Yoshi. Its simple as that.

I'm glad your not part of Nintendo's crew or we'd have a boring game lmao.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
DK could have a Final Smash reminiscent of his original, self-titled arcade game. He could kidnap (and beat down) one character and lob barrels at the others from atop a construction site that just so happens to appear.

Zelda has the Triforce of Wisdom; if Link has Triforce Slash, Zelda can just as easily have a mega blast courtesy of the Triforce and/or the Sages, transform into Sheik and wreak havoc, fire off some Light Arrows, etc.

Yoshi could call his brethren and have a Yoshi Stampede, utterly crushing all of his opponents. Also, Yoshi could toss a ton of projectiles in an Egg Frenzy.

It's not that these characters don't have possiblities: instead, I think that you just aren't being creative enough. Think outside the box, go a little over the top, and--most importantly--have fun. =)
Yes aeris i prolly wasnt. lol im closed minded at times. perhaps i dont know the works of said characters. i expected volt tackel for pika, cuz i play pokemon. i expected luinks triforce cuz i play LOZ. im prolly not familian with the chars i questioned.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes aeris i prolly wasnt. lol im closed minded at times. perhaps i dont know the works of said characters. i expected volt tackel for pika, cuz i play pokemon. i expected luinks triforce cuz i play LOZ. im prolly not familian with the chars i questioned.
That's the beauty of it all: the team assembled will collectively have a significant amount of knowledge about all of the characters in the game, thus allowing each character to accurately reflect what makes his/her/its series so special. :)

CO18

Smash Hero
fox will probably just call in some ships or something and metaknight... maybe just some really fast sword attacks

CO18

Smash Hero
hmm lets see, jigglypuff would just start singing and everyone goes to sleep, dont know what ness's or captain falcon's would be though

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
lol tottally mario-man. but u cant have the chars infinitely dead in the bag...canaster...holder...thing. E. Gadd shood come out with that machne, turn em into portraits, then they shood pop out with 300% ****age.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Possible Final Smashes

Yoshi- Summons a stampede of Yoshi, or possibly brethe fire like Mario 64 DS
DK- His Bongo Blast attack or his Banana Fairy attack (both from DK 64) or he jumps atop a player and beats them senseless (from Jungle Beat)
Peach- Pshyc Bomb or Sleepy Time (from Mario RPG)
Jigglypuff- Hyper Beam, Self-Destruct (might cause S.D. or 999 %) both are from Pokemon
Pichu- Volt Tackle, Zap Cannon
Mewtwo- Destiny Bond, Future Sight
Luigi- Either an uber thunder attack, Vaccum up his foes, or uses the vaccum to exhaust fire, water, or ice
Falcon- That Super Falcon Punch from the anime (might cause S.D. or 999%)
Fox- Either summons Arwings to attack foes or will make a super combo like Link
Falco- If Fox has one of the above, Falco might have the other
Ness- PSI gaming, Brainshock (might cause button control to randomly alter), Paralysis (cause stunnind duh) or Rockin Omega
Ice Climbers- Summons a blizzard or avalanche
Mr. Game & Watch- Possibly will cause a radom and cartoony events like in the Game & Watch series
Marth- Possibly similar to Link's
Roy- Might use flames and will cause super damage
Young Link- Again, similar to Link's
Zelda- Possibly a typical magical spell that will cause MASSIVE DAMAGE
Sheik- Will either randomly an unlimited supply of needles or knives rapidly leaving the opponent unable to escape
Meta Knight- Summons a super tornado to knock everyone very far
Wario- Possibly make his Wario very strong like in the first trailer
Snake- Will randomly drop random powerful bombs all over the place

There you have it. Sure, I got a bit sloppy at the end though

cccck

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo- He could throw people of the stage with the power of his mind.
Meta Knight- you know how he has that giant ship? I think he could use it.
Snake- I don't know... not bombs... does he beat people to death with his box of doom?
Marth- He does a critical hit from his games, a really flashy one.
Fox- "do a barrel roll" "what are you talking about? I am on the ground!" "oh"
then every one but him falls over.
Peach- she could cry flooding the stage, then get made and set it on fire.
Falcon- get in his car thing.

how about that? (if any of those get in... I well be.... amazed)

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I wish Falcon would have this BLOODLUST EVIL MODE where he goes around using unblockable knees, and 30 shadow clones of him start kneeing too, BAM BAM EVERYWHERE move twice as fast mwuahha... ok... so that's a little... yeah.

Snake could disguise himself really well and when someone walks by he can trip them up/break their neck in a funny way? lol.

Yoshi, I would love to see throw like 5 eggs per second but a Yoshi Stampede is more likely...

EggBomb

Smash Apprentice
Zelda's Triforce attack from TP screams FS to me.

I like the Yoshi stampede idea, if it was a giant egg then whats the point of the Egg Roll or even Pikachu's Volt Tackle...they'd be to similiar.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
I actually see a great final smash for DK.

DK beats on his chest and howls like an ape, then all of his animal buddies come rushing through the stage.

Rambi the rhinoceros
Enguarde the swordfish
Expresso the ostrich
Winky the frog
Squawks the parrot
Squitter the spider
Rattly the rattlesnake
Clapper the seal
Glimmer the anglerfish
Ellie the elephant
Parry the parallel bird
Hoofer the wildebeest
Orco the killer whale
Flurl the squirrel
Helibirds
Glower the tadpole

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Zelda will probably kneel down, pray, and something Triforce of Wisdomy will happen.

Same with Ganondorf, he raises his feast menacingly, and he call forth the power of the Triforce of Power (I didn't mean to write it like that, but I like how it came out.)

Yoshi could get on his ball thingy from Yoshi Toopsy-Toorvy! (or however it's written)

DK... he has many moves that could be supered up from DK 64. I don't remember their names though... he could also get a giant Golden Banana out, and do something with it. He also has his bongos.

Jigglypuff HAS to have Hyper Voice.

I can think of more, but I'm lazy.

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
i think that if Bowser gets to transform into Giga Bowser...
Ganondorf should get the opportunity to transform into Ganon...
it also wouldnt surprise me if there are a few Final Smashes that arent completely fathful to the series from which the character cames from...
after all...
Giga Bowser has only appeared in a Smash Bros. game...

mario-man

Smash Lord
They should make some of them interactive. Like Snake's should be a gun crosshairs appears on the screen and the player has to aim at them while they're standing still.

THEmSHAKE

Smash Apprentice
Yea, nintendo is not creative. Which is why it came out with a system with superior graphics and no gameplay. Its also the reason why you can find their system on any shelf in any store because of the lack of sales. This might be classified as sarcasm.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
I can't believe Nintendo isn't creative, wow O.K. let's believe him and jump off a large building while were at it.

Sakurai won't mess up final smashes. Yoshi has his own individual games that should spawn up only half of the ideas Sakurai has going in his head.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Fox- "do a barrel roll" "what are you talking about? I am on the ground!" "oh"
then every one but him falls over.
I'll just say that this made me laugh. Good job.

So, err, on topic. I think we can expect a whole lot of variety in Final Smashes, because from what we saw, there are projectiles, projectiles with after-effects, transformations, transformations INTO PROJECTILES...

So yeah, there are no limits. At all. Except that it probably has to look flashy.
But even if Luigi's FS is just that he pokes an enemy in the ribs so hard that they explode, some crazy lightning effect while he goes into POKE OF DOOM MODE would already suffice.

Actually, that is the most brilliant idea I had today.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Nintendo is very creative, in my opinion. But these Final Smashes have me completely stumped.

Zelda's, I can picture being something having to do with Din, Nayru and Farore [seeing as they created the Triforce, or specifically Nayru, since she was the wisdom part of it. Or something to do with the sages. I'm a TLOZ fanatic, so it's not hard for me to think of something.

As for characters like Yoshi, or Captain Falcon, I really don't know. The only thing I can picture for Yoshi is the Yoshi Stampede. That's about it..

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Nintendo is very creative, in my opinion. But these Final Smashes have me completely stumped.

Zelda's, I can picture being something having to do with Din, Nayru and Farore [seeing as they created the Triforce, or specifically Nayru, since she was the wisdom part of it. Or something to do with the sages. I'm a TLOZ fanatic, so it's not hard for me to think of something.

As for characters like Yoshi, or Captain Falcon, I really don't know. The only thing I can picture for Yoshi is the Yoshi Stampede. That's about it..
Captain Falcon's FS should be when he does a super high-jump in the air and while he is diving back down to the stage with the shape of flaming Phoenix around him,who control where he lands,and when a flash it causes a massive explosion It should called either the "Phoenix Bomb" or "Falcon Bomb"

Luigi's smash should either be a thunder storm(if your going for cool effects) or him pulling out the Polterguiest 9000 and whirtls out around,making a little tornado that sucks up your foes and rockets them into the air.

Fox-A battalion of Arwings appear and start picking off/charging at enemies,with some funny batter with Slippy and Peppy thrown in.

Falco-A combo attack where he hits someone a flurry of karate moves.

Pit-an eggplant wizard shows up and turns evryone into Egg Plants.

If they make it in:

Captain Olimar: Either a literal wave of Pikmon sweeps in and attacks people,or a giant monster like Empress Bulbax squishes severyone.

Paper Mario: Everyone on the stage instantly his morphs into paper versions of themselves,they crumpled up,and thrown of the stage.

Diddy Kong:Uses his jet pack to fly up and hit people with his peanut guns.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon's FS should be when he does a super high-jump in the air and while he is diving back down to the stage with the shape of flaming Phoenix around him,who control where he lands,and when a flash it causes a massive explosion It should called either the "Phoenix Bomb" or "Falcon Bomb"

Luigi's smash should either be a thunder storm(if your going for cool effects) or him pulling out the Polterguiest 9000 and whirtls out around,making a little tornado that sucks up your foes and rockets them into the air.

Fox-A battalion of Arwings appear and start picking off/charging at enemies,with some funny batter with Slippy and Peppy thrown in.

Falco-A combo attack where he hits someone a flurry of karate moves.

Pit-an eggplant wizard shows up and turns evryone into Egg Plants.

If they make it in:

Captain Olimar: Either a literal wave of Pikmon sweeps in and attacks people,or a giant monster like Empress Bulbax squishes severyone.

Paper Mario: Everyone on the stage instantly his morphs into paper versions of themselves,they crumpled up,and thrown of the stage.

Diddy Kong:Uses his jet pack to fly up and hit people with his peanut guns.

The Paper Mario. Tha'd be like an automatic K.O wouldn't it?

And Olimar's was hilarious. I can imagine swarms of Pikmin flooding the stage with those high pitched wailing noises they make. Haha.

And I'm pretty sure Diddy's in.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
The Paper Mario. Tha'd be like an automatic K.O wouldn't it?

And Olimar's was hilarious. I can imagine swarms of Pikmin flooding the stage with those high pitched wailing noises they make. Haha.

And I'm pretty sure Diddy's in.
Yes,PM's attack would be an instant KO, I think most Final Smashes are practically instant Ko's.

Stone.Tower

Smash Cadet
Yes,PM's attack would be an instant KO, I think most Final Smashes are practically instant Ko's.
Not exactly. I mean, ones like Mario's or Samus's are practically unavoidable.
But then there's people's like Link's, which only targets one person, and Pikachu's, which seems pretty avoidable if you have enough skill.

I guess it all depends of how much damage you've taken.

It also seems unfair somewhat how Mario's and Samus's take up practically the whole stage, while Link's and Pikachu's are avoidable. It's just...I don't know. :/ It just seems kind of weird.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Not exactly. I mean, ones like Mario's or Samus's are practically unavoidable.
But then there's people's like Link's, which only targets one person, and Pikachu's, which seems pretty avoidable if you have enough skill.

I guess it all depends of how much damage you've taken.

It also seems unfair somewhat how Mario's and Samus's take up practically the whole stage, while Link's and Pikachu's are avoidable. It's just...I don't know. :/ It just seems kind of weird.
Who knows,maybe Link's and Pikachu's FS's are instant KO's,and Mario's and Samus's just do alot of damage.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
but who knows? the weaker ones could take lives off the top if you kill them or something, like take 2 lives if Pikachu's kills some one off with his FS, or they start the next life with 50%, anything goes... mabey it lasts a fairly long time, mabey attacks get thrown back at the attacker, they could do anything they can think of for the attacks to make it work.

and if you don't think they are creative, look at mario and Luigi: superstar saga

Top Bottom