• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo 64.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Here’s a picture of my latest hybrid masterpiece:

The top is atomic purple and the bottom is black. Both original controllers were is bad shape so I decided to combine them and then add one of the new third-party thumbsticks. The result is quite sexy, no?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Did anyone here actually use the D-pad on the N64 controller? I think I only used it for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards' multiplayer modes...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Never used it either, except for the same Kirby game, lol.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
On the N64 it’s all about the analog stick. That’s what set it apart from the original Playstation until Sony eventually copied Nintendo by releasing the DualShock controller.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Yea, I only played one D-Pad game and that was Kirby 64.
Which, BTW, is amazing ;o
Still haven't gotten all the shards >_>

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
One of my favorite multiplayer games on the N64 has always been Turok Rage Wars. My friends and I played that game more than any other except maybe Mario Kart 64. It's really an impressive title, considering what system it's on, because it allows you to do things like drop a bear claw trap and plant small proximity turrets. Graphically it’s also impressive with plenty of vibrant colors and realtime light-sourcing from the gunfire.

Here are all the Turok games I own for the Nintendo 64.

While I do own both the gray and black carts of Turok 2 I don't have the rare (bug free) gray TRW cartridge.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
I played a Turok on my cousin's PS2 once and I thought that killing dinos was fun :awesome:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I have Turok 2 on my N64 as well. I love the cerebral bore weapon (homes into their heads and makes them blow up) and playing as the monkey. xD

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Man all these custom controllers makes me want to make one myself if I only knew how lol
It's really not hard since Nintendo didn't use special screws on the N64 controller. All you need is a Phillips head screwdriver to take the controller apart.

Replacing the analog stick is a little harder but not by much. If you have any mechanical skill at all you'll be fine refurbishing a N64 controller.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I still think a gamecube control stick would be the best choice if it would work. I wouldn't dismantle a good condition official GC controller for it because they aren't easy to get these days but I'm really not that into the hardness of the unofficial control sticks.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Yesterday I received my CIB Japanese copy of Mario Kart 64. I got it off of Ebay for just $18 including shipping.

I wanted to add this to my Japanese N64 library which includes copies of Super Smash Bros. (Dairantou Smash Brothers 64) and Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's really not hard since Nintendo didn't use special screws on the N64 controller. All you need is a Phillips head screwdriver to take the controller apart.

Replacing the analog stick is a little harder but not by much. If you have any mechanical skill at all you'll be fine refurbishing a N64 controller.
I wasn't thinking much about an N64 controller than I was thinking about doing it with another controller >_>

Preferably 360 or PS3

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Yesterday I received my CIB Japanese copy of Mario Kart 64. I got it off of Ebay for just $18 including shipping.

I wanted to add this to my Japanese N64 library which includes copies of Super Smash Bros. (Dairantou Smash Brothers 64) and Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition.
I love this image. Man that game was probably the most played game on my N64 fallowed by Super Smash Bros. 64 and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I love this image. Man that game was probably the most played game on my N64 fallowed by Super Smash Bros. 64 and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour.
Mario Kart 64 is my all-time-favorite video game franchise and that's why I collect stuff like the Japanese cartridge. Of course I like Super Smash Bros. so I have the Japanese version of that too. :)

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Mario was so much better without a kart IMO and I preferred Yoshi in the one game were he didn't serve as one.
Mario is at his best when he lets his fist fly like in Super Smash Bros. and that’s why I suspect that just such a game will be a near launch title for Project Café.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
OMG! SSB64

It's been a decade since I last played this game on Nintendo 64, sad part about it is that I only got to play it for a month or so from my friend and that was it. :/

Now that I have access to Virtual Console, i'm really considering getting this game.

It's been so long, I originally started maining Kirby, but found faults and used Samus, the cool thing about it are the classic stages, especially Saffron City

:phone:

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Kirby 64.
Discuss.
Still haven't gotten all the shards >.<

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Kirby 64.
Discuss.
Still haven't gotten all the shards >.<
I remember playing that during my childhood. Loved the single player and multiplayer. I remember having a blast playing that one MP mode where you play on this platform which parts of it falls down if you press a certain button and eventually, it'd boil down to a 1v1 on a small platform.

Good times. :)

If I ever see it in stores, I'll buy it.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I never got that far. I now wish I had.
Anyway, I've just convinced so guy to buy an N64 again and I'm wondering if I should. It did have the best range of games, that's for sure. And a lot of the actual best games too.

Top Bottom