• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Mario

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
overall the mario is ok

Well ...You just WD WAY too less and do WAY to many UPSmashes... i dont know if you try to do UTilts and accidently do UPSmashes... but its just too much...

You didnt too many Nairs either...theyre all Important for approaches and combo finishers you know...

Like SHFFLed Uair + Nair = DEAD or still alive...lol..

or Approaches like these : !!WD+DD REMIX whatever!! + Nair from a Dash Fast fall + JC Grab and so on
...but its OK I guess... just move around a bit more often you let yourself open so many times....cmoon MOVE IT! :grin: lol

EDIT!!! : in the match against Yoshi the fresh one... the best combo you would ever have done was probably at 2:50 :grin: i liked it... you need to use less Bairs and more ANAs and Shffled Nairs k? and move it a bit more^^ but its ok

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanx for the comments. I dont do nairs much cause my opponent usually CC it and i get hit back hard so i do bairs. I only do nairs if theyre in the air but against yoshi its risky cause of that light armor.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
Thanx for the comments. I dont do nairs much cause my opponent usually CC it and i get hit back hard so i do bairs. I only do nairs if theyre in the air but against yoshi its risky cause of that light armor.
I understand, but trust me... If you DD and WD before you do it and do it when hes doing something else other than SHIELDING its useful...

One of the best moves mario can do anyways so you shouldnt hesitate... ... ... ...

You have to move a bit more you know...Move your body--everybody....-move your body :urg: ugh...WTF am i doing qouting crappy lyrics from crappy techno songs!!!

whatever... so move around alittle more using WD and DD also known as WDD ..easier put : WD after a quick DD ...and then BAM shffld NAIR + GRAB aw yeah

and dont do so many full jumps! ;)

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
So i guess wavelanding alot doesnt help. I thought i am moving alot. Yea i shouldnt full jump alot.
I thought it'll lure the opponent into the air which works at times.....and i like techno T_T

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wellll, I think WD is part of Mario's way to get inside the defense of an opponent, combined with DD of course. If you can, it may also help, against those that CC or even shield alot, to running SH a Dair as soon as you jump, then Bair on the other side of them. This may or may not put you outside of the range of those that CC and keeps those that shield alot away from the shield grab. I still say you do need the SHFFLed Nair rush though, and it's ok to full jump evry now and then. Overall, your Mario is really good. Keep it up!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thanks. I do use the Dair to Bair tactic. I think i've gotten better. HOW TO PLAY COMBO FTW.

beefbutcher88

Smash Ace
You're pretty solid, but there's a few things you could work on. You use fair too much. In some places you use it creatively and it works for you well, but more often you're using it to try and approach where a safer nair or dair would suffice, and you get punished for it. If you want to set your opponent up for a juggle, you're better off with the safer dair-grab that you seem to be pretty good at, then dthrow into something like utilt or usmash. Remember that it's better to usmash middleweights and fastfallers out of dthrow at low %, because I see you utilting against Yoshi at low % on more than one occasion when usmash does more damage and puts him in better position to continue being comboed. You also don't seem to be aggressive enough with uair attack. You seem to prefer to go for bairs after a uair rather than continue the combo. It's Mario's most spammed juggle move for a reason. On the whole though I like your Mario a lot, and I saw you do a couple things that I'd like to try.

Top Bottom