• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I'm legit impressed by how much the look of the game has improved from the trailer. Just the shift in coloration, adding eyelids and teeth has made Patrick look leagues better. This game could end up looking far better than it 'has a right' to. Course I doubt it'll get to Smash levels of polish but damn, this could shape up to be one of my favorite games in years if it plays as well as we might expect from the devs.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
So wait, who's disconfirmed/had their chances shot in the foot again? (If anyone can provide screenshots of the disconfirmations too that'd be greatly appreciated!)

What about Shredder? If for some reason the 80s version is not considered, he could at least get in as the 2003 version so that he'd fit right in with the Avatar cast.

Probably not. At most I expect some background appearances.
Shredder is whatever, I don't mind what the game chooses to make him be. But the Turtles are some of the easiest work and are commonly depicted together as a team. If they do the "Rise idea" then that's extra unique modeling and work that can go to anyone else.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So wait, who's disconfirmed/had their chances shot in the foot again? (If anyone can provide screenshots of the disconfirmations too that'd be greatly appreciated!)

Shredder is whatever, I don't mind what the game chooses to make him be. But the Turtles are some of the easiest work and are commonly depicted together as a team. If they do the "Rise idea" then that's extra unique modeling and work that can go to anyone else.
Alex Mack and Fanboy and Chum Chum.

But so far, that's it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Making Fiends, Catscratch, Mr. Meaty and Robot and Monster characters were also heavily implied to be out of the running.
View attachment 324077
Catscratch is loosely based on a comic owned by Tennapel anyway, so I can understand. Mr. Meaty would have been weird, but fair enough. I didn't hear of the rest at all.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Catscratch is loosely based on a comic owned by Tennapel anyway, so I can understand. Mr. Meaty would have been weird, but fair enough. I didn't hear of the rest at all.
TenNapel has also made some controversial statements recently, so that may be another reason.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
TenNapel has also made some controversial statements recently, so that may be another reason.
Didn't stop Ren and Stimpy or Danny Phantom - but then again, it's possible TenNapel fully or partially owns the Catscratch characters on virtue of being connected to Gear.

Gotcha, so Nick is allowed to acknowledge that Doug started as a Nicktoon and show THEIR Doug content, but Doug for the most part is still owned by Disney.
Pretty much.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Didn't stop Ren and Stimpy or Danny Phantom - but then again, it's possible TenNapel fully or partially owns the Catscratch characters on virtue of being connected to Gear.

Pretty much.
Yeah, I'd say Ren and Stimpy and Danny Phantom not being owned by their creators anymore is the difference maker here.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I've noticed the website description for NickBrawl says "Face off with a power-packed cast of heroes from the top shows within the Nickelodeon universe, including....."

We could probably infer that 1/2 season shows (unless you have a cult following like Invader ZIM or something) aren't likely to get a playable character for base game based on this right? I also noticed it says a power-packed cast of heroes. I feel like ZIM being in the roster would kind of disprove this but could that possibly mean we should not be expecting villain characters for base game? I feel like for DLC anything goes but for base game I think it's possible this could be the case

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I've noticed the website description for NickBrawl says "Face off with a power-packed cast of heroes from the top shows within the Nickelodeon universe, including....."

We could probably infer that 1/2 season shows (unless you have a cult following like Invader ZIM or something) aren't likely to get a playable character for base game based on this right? I also noticed it says a power-packed cast of heroes. I feel like ZIM being in the roster would kind of disprove this but could that possibly mean we should not be expecting villain characters for base game? I feel like for DLC anything goes but for base game I think it's possible this could be the case
I don't know, I think you might be looking a little too deeply into that statement. It could just as easily be worded that way for the purpose of hyping the game up.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I don't know, I think you might be looking a little too deeply into that statement. It could just as easily be worded that way for the purpose of hyping the game up.
yeah probably

something I did discover though is a new game show Nick has started airing this year called Tooned In where kid contestants have to try solving Nicktoons trivia

1627192877256.png

There's clips of certain Nicktoons and such at points too, which makes me think that rights for certain shows like FOP might not be as big an issue as we think

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Huh. After being extremely underwhelmed by the last… I don’t know, seven DLC, who would’ve guessed that this of all things is what ends up getting me back to Smashboards.
I'm just curious... can you elaborate on this?
something I did discover though is a new game show Nick has started airing this year called Tooned In where kid contestants have to try solving Nicktoons trivia

View attachment 324139

There's clips of certain Nicktoons and such at points too, which makes me think that rights for certain shows like FOP might not be as big an issue as we think
That seems pretty unfair for kids to do. A lot of the older Nicktoons weren't even easily available until the new Paramount + service.
Boy, they are really looking to become Disney.
I think the game could have items even if there wasn't in the first trailer. At this point it's pretty much a staple of platform fighters, and while the game is probably going to have some more technical stuff, it's still a platform fighting game with cartoon character, so they will try to sell the games to kids too, and having items is great for younger player. But if items aren't showcase in the next trailer I'm probably going to assume there's actually none, I don't think they would hold on that for very long.
What are some items you could see making it in?
Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with that many.
There could be an Arnold statue, which... buffs you?
A Gary item that works like Mr Saturn.
Or even Mr Friend, pending on how specific they get for items.

Licensing may play a big role, since Nintendo co-owns or just borrows many properties, but if so- there are a lot of items from FoP and JMBG that could make it in.

Food wise...
Obviously, they would have to have CHOCOLATE MILK (Rugrats)
A Lickity Split
Also obvious, a Krabby Patty

As far as assist trophies as an item...
  • I want the Big Ear of Corn (Though I hated it as a kid)
  • The Alligator from Clarissa
  • Artie (The Strongest Man in the World... whom I also hated as a kid)

And of course- we are going to have some SLIME mechanic- it might even be something around which the game is partially based, as far as making it unique.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
...of course.
but it is still like giving students a test, without a textbook.
........sure. Btw there were plenty of Nicktoons on Hulu for several years prior to Paramount Plus, and there's always the Splat channel. There's been plenty of ways to watch older Nicktoons way before Paramount Plus

anyways, what are we expecting as far as roster size?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Considering they already revealed 14 characters- with 5 more given away (I'm not sure if this was intentional), and since fighting genre games have a loving trend of hidden characters...
I'd be shocked if we didn't meet the 30 character mark.

It really depends on how much of this game truly is based on following the success of Smash.
If they do continue to hype release one or a couple characters at a time, then I could even see a world where we get some free DLC released for a couple of months.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Considering they already revealed 14 characters- with 5 more given away (I'm not sure if this was intentional), and since fighting genre games have a loving trend of hidden characters...
I'd be shocked if we didn't meet the 30 character mark.

It really depends on how much of this game truly is based on following the success of Smash.
If they do continue to hype release one or a couple characters at a time, then I could even see a world where we get some free DLC released for a couple of months.
The roster should be small to test the waters, and then in the next game they can take more risk.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The roster should be small to test the waters, and then in the next game they can take more risk.
This was exactly what Smash did. At the start, Smash only had 12 playable characters and look at it now.
Nickelodeon Kart Racers' sequel was only two years apart
We'd be reaching Capcom levels of recycling with incremental adjustments, if they follow their usual habits.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
What is 'small' by modern video game standards? I don't recall any modern Fighting Games that are below 30 characters.
How does a small roster test the water, anyway? Yes- they'd want to make sure they can make each character as intricate and detailed, like Smash, as possible. But choosing to make the roster small (instead of to flesh out the characters that exist), doesn't test anything in a game wherein the crossover element is what brings the hype.

Top Bottom