• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Baysha

Smash Ace
I'm leaning towards fake. As someone mentioned earlier .gov sites have a shady reputation and is that really the type of site you'd be listing games on?
I'm pretty sure the .gov thing was sarcasm. That website is straight-up owned by the Australian Government. If someone somehow managed to get a .gov url without actually being a part of a government then they really would not be happy.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm pretty sure the .gov thing was sarcasm. That website is straight-up owned by the Australian Government. If someone somehow managed to get a .gov url without actually being a part of a government then they really would not be happy.
I mean, you've got a point but we live in a strange world where people can hack just about anything, so I wouldn't be surprised... Either way though like I said why is it even on a .gov website at all? Seems fishy.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
why would someone hack a government website to post fake nigel thornberry games
The same reason anyone posts a supposed "leak": they want a chance in the limelight, even a brief one.

And you should never underestimate the lengths those people will go to to get it.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Has anyone or anything ever been hacked (not just inspect elemented or datamined) for a reason related to Smash speculation?

Do you think that would be different for a game with 0.0.1% of a fandom size and a set-out roadmap of characters?

Do you think that there is ANY OVERLAP AT ALL between "people who care about Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl" and "people who have the technology to hijack the Australian government"?

Last edited:

Baysha

Smash Ace
I kinda want to believe it just because of how crazy it would be if it actually was hacked. I know there's a chance between 0.000000001% and not at all that this is actually the case, but I think it would be funny if what gets the mainstream talking about this game again is a hijacking of a major government website.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that Kart Racers 3 might be a "classic Nick only" game due to the influence of NASB's playerbase.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
They're not going to take out the Loud House characters, man. There is zero reason to.
Especially since the kart racers, unlike NASB, don't have a fan demand-based selection process. So TLH's unpopularity with the NASB fanbase won't affect this game.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Especially since the kart racers, unlike NASB, don't have a fan demand-based selection process. So TLH's unpopularity with the NASB fanbase won't affect this game.
It's because of the NASB fanbase that Jenny is even here in this game to begin with.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It's because of the NASB fanbase that Jenny is even here in this game to begin with.
There's room on the cast for the entire roster of 2 + loads of extras, I doubt TLH is getting cut for Jenny/Garfield.

I do find it odd that it was absent for the Apple Arcade tennis game, though.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's room on the cast for the entire roster of 2 + loads of extras, I doubt TLH is getting cut for Jenny/Garfield.

I do find it odd that it was absent for the Apple Arcade tennis game, though.
Not just Jenny and Garfield, but loads of more popular and nostalgic characters. TLH isn't well liked among the NASB playerbase, and it's clear that this game is taking a lot of cues from NASB.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Not just Jenny and Garfield, but loads of more popular and nostalgic characters. TLH isn't well liked among the NASB playerbase, and it's clear that this game is taking a lot of cues from NASB.
Do you actually like Loud House or is there some kind of persecution complex going on here? You always insist that TLH content will or should be ceased or removed.

It's a kart racer. Those don't have the same complex limitations or fan-demand driven selection processes that platform fighters do. Just because Jenny and Garfield are there doesn't mean they took out Lincoln and Clyde to fit them in.

Hell, I actually disagree with you saying TLH isn't well liked with NASB fans, Lucy is a very commonly used character.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do you actually like Loud House or is there some kind of persecution complex going on here? You always insist that TLH content will or should be ceased or removed.
I think I might have something to do with this
Screenshot_20220719-223333_Browser.png

But it was never my intent to turn him into this

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If we're actually getting an ultimate edition. That's worrying. It will 100% flop imo.
Yeah. It wouldn't attract a lot of new players due to the lack of casual-focused content and the already existing playerbase wouldn't buy it because they would think that it would be a scummy move to make them pay more money to get a new version of the game that wouldn't offer that much in terms of new content. A sequel would actually be more profitable than an Ultimate Edition.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The sequel is already going to be a rough sell and really fighting an uphill battle. But an ultimate edition? Dead in the water.
At least a sequel would add a lot more casual-friendly content. KR2 was a massive upgrade from KR1 to the point where KR1 feels like a demo version of KR2.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I doubt they're working on a sequel right now because they're probably still working on Rocko and maybe other content for Nasb. That being said, personally I wouldn't mind a sequel if there's more content like a story mode and there really is improvement visually and with the overall presentation. But honestly it seems that Ludosity didn't really like a lot of Nickelodeon and GameMill decision so I'm not even sure if they would want to do a sequel.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I doubt they're working on a sequel right now because they're probably still working on Rocko and maybe other content for Nasb. That being said, personally I wouldn't mind a sequel if there's more content like a story mode and there really is improvement visually and with the overall presentation. But honestly it seems that Ludosity didn't really like a lot of Nickelodeon and GameMill decision so I'm not even sure if they would want to do a sequel.
I wouldn't say they didn't like Nickelodeon and Gamemill, just that they wanted to do their own thing. The devs are clearly passionate about the game, for better or for worse, and it's not like it was a huge financial loss - they wouldn't have been approved for DLC if it was.

Not to mention that, even if this Ultimate Edition is real, games get put on websites as placeholders for years in advance pretty frequently, so it could just be one for when all the DLC is done.

NASB has a pretty substantial amount of content as is, doing a sequel would probably re-use 90% of said content, so why would they shift attention to that when they could spend less money improving the current experience? This isn't a big budget, triple-A studio that can afford to take risks like that.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
A theory I have about NASB Deluxe is that it's a smartphone port - like the one BFBB got - and the "deluxe" name is rooted in being a paid adless version rather than higher quality.

I believe GameMill did some ads for an NKR2 mobile port recently (that's generally how mobile games are announced, they make an ad as a test before they begin development the game, and clicking on the ad links you to a poll that influences game design) so there is prescedent.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
A theory I have about NASB Deluxe is that it's a smartphone port - like the one BFBB got - and the "deluxe" name is rooted in being a paid adless version rather than higher quality.

I believe GameMill did some ads for an NKR2 mobile port recently (that's generally how mobile games are announced, they make an ad as a test before they begin development the game, and clicking on the ad links you to a poll that influences game design) so there is prescedent.
From the listing it's clear that this will be for consoles as it says "multi-platform".

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Do free and paid versions of the same game on phones even exist still? As far as I know that market quickly switched from doing free demos to having free and paid games be completely separate things

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say they didn't like Nickelodeon and Gamemill, just that they wanted to do their own thing. The devs are clearly passionate about the game, for better or for worse, and it's not like it was a huge financial loss - they wouldn't have been approved for DLC if it was.

Not to mention that, even if this Ultimate Edition is real, games get put on websites as placeholders for years in advance pretty frequently, so it could just be one for when all the DLC is done.

NASB has a pretty substantial amount of content as is, doing a sequel would probably re-use 90% of said content, so why would they shift attention to that when they could spend less money improving the current experience? This isn't a big budget, triple-A studio that can afford to take risks like that.
Especially considering that the listing doesn't list a release date, not even a placeholder one.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
This is interesting - while some may seem this as fuel for doomerism, I'm getting a bit of hope from it given that NASB content can continue to be top quality with a smaller team
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Either way, I guess that may change up how we discuss NASB - what do we know about Fair Play relative to Ludosity?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This is interesting - while some may seem this as fuel for doomerism, I'm getting a bit of hope from it given that NASB content can continue to be top quality with a smaller team
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Either way, I guess that may change up how we discuss NASB - what do we know about Fair Play relative to Ludosity?
And they already have most of the launch criticism addressed. Voice acting is already in the game, and crossplay is on the way and very likely to come in the next patch. We're getting what is probably the biggest patch the game has ever had. Also according to datamines the online functionality is being completely revamped, with a new ranking system and the ability to block other players. Also, we're got Hugh and Rocko on the way and perhaps more DLC to come. NASB is far from dead, even with the small team.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel that people asking for an Aang revamp in NASB don't realise that NASB intentionally avoids zoners. Even projectile and disjoint-heavy characters like Invader Zim; Lincoln Loud; and Garfield are still designed to rush into foes and get up close.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I feel that people asking for an Aang revamp in NASB don't realise that NASB intentionally avoids zoners. Even projectile and disjoint-heavy characters like Invader Zim; Lincoln Loud; and Garfield are still designed to rush into foes and get up close.
It's more like they don't realize that just because his show was about him learning three more elements doesn't mean he wasn't predominantly an airbender.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's more like they don't realize that just because his show was about him learning three more elements doesn't mean he wasn't predominantly an airbender.
I think it's a mixture of both, honestly, though I admit to having forgotten about the whole "no zoners" thing.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Personally, I don't care much for the idea of an Aang rework simply because the character's neat as-is. Who cares if every move isn't taken directly from the show, if the character's fun, the character's fun.
Korra's not so lucky, though. Poor girl.

Last edited:
Top Bottom