• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was being optimistic about him, though...
I'm afraid I got some bad news: The reputation of Lincoln has pretty much been ruined for this thread. We have Riley being Riley, and at least one or two people going on and on about how they should bring back all 11 characters...as a trojan horse just to get Lincoln back, never mind that while TLH lost 50% of its reps, A!RM and CatDog lost 100%.

Lucky for you, you're not responsible for it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When I'm in a "having a very inconsistent opinion" challenge and my opponent is RileyXY1

View attachment 380165
Riley: Lincoln won't return because his sisters are just as much of the face of the series as he is.
Also Riley: Lincoln is amongst the most likely veterans to return.

Seriously make up your mind dude. Lol.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
List of Items:

Krabby Patty - SpongeBob SquarePants
Anchor - SpongeBob SquarePants
Explosive Pie - SpongeBob SquarePants
Sandy's Rocket - SpongeBob SquarePants
Imaginaaation Box - SpongeBob SquarePants
Orb of Confusion - SpongeBob SquarePants
Pizza - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Power Pinata of Punishment - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
Bronze Boots of Truth - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
Arnold's Boombox - Hey Arnold!
Fly Swatter - Hey Arnold! (?)*
Valerie's Gun - Danny Phantom
Cheese Ray - The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Shrink Ray - The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Log from Blammo - The Ren & Stimpy Show
Cabbage - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sokka's Sword - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sokka's Boomerang - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Stump - The Angry Beavers
Reptar Wagon - Rugrats
Tommy's Ball - Rugrats
Donut - Garfield (?)*
Slime Container
Big Slime Container

*These two items use the same model as in Gertie and Garfield's movesets, hence why I assume they are from those series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
List of Items:

Krabby Patty - SpongeBob SquarePants
Anchor - SpongeBob SquarePants
Explosive Pie - SpongeBob SquarePants
Sandy's Rocket - SpongeBob SquarePants
Imaginaaation Box - SpongeBob SquarePants
Orb of Confusion - SpongeBob SquarePants
Pizza - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Power Pinata of Punishment - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
Bronze Boots of Truth - El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
Arnold's Boombox - Hey Arnold!
Fly Swatter - Hey Arnold! (?)*
Valerie's Gun - Danny Phantom
Cheese Ray - The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Shrink Ray - The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
Log from Blammo - The Ren & Stimpy Show
Cabbage - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sokka's Sword - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Sokka's Boomerang - Avatar: The Last Airbender
Stump - The Angry Beavers
Reptar Wagon - Rugrats
Tommy's Ball - Rugrats
Donut - Garfield (?)*
Slime Container
Big Slime Container

*These two items use the same model as in Gertie and Garfield's movesets, hence why I assume they are from those series.
I personally would have listed Krabby Patty, Pizza, Donut and presumably Cabbage under the same as "Food" like in Smash tbh.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Here's a new topic: Would you guys say that objectively, NASB and NASB2 are the best Nickelodeon-licensed games ever?

Or would you object to that and say something like Battle for Bikini Bottom are just as great?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
SpongeBob, Patrick and Sandy will come to Brawlhalla:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Brawlhalla is solid-ish, MVS better but still, $40 to own all characters from the get go, but crossover skins are a separate currency ($12.99 USD to get one crossover skin and have some credits left over)
So...is Brawlhalla any good? Apparently there's a Switch port, so I'm curious.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Brawlhalla is solid-ish, MVS better but still, $40 to own all characters from the get go, but crossover skins are a separate currency ($12.99 USD to get one crossover skin and have some credits left over)
Wait, so the crossover characters are just skins for characters already in the game? They're not fully separate playable characters?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, so the crossover characters are just skins for characters already in the game? They're not fully separate playable characters?
Generally speaking all of the crossover characters are just skins for existing characters.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
with the exeption of Rayman and Ezio, yes, all crossover characters are skins for other fighters ready in the game (spongebob actually goes over rayman). They get their own animations and sounds and the like but their playstyle is the same as the character they go over.

as for how the game plays. I'm not a huge fan but I get why it's appealing. it's less complex than other platform fighters, with one button specials. it's closer to.MVS than NASB

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Here's a new topic: Would you guys say that objectively, NASB and NASB2 are the best Nickelodeon-licensed games ever?

Or would you object to that and say something like Battle for Bikini Bottom are just as great?
I think Nasb 2 could take that spot, but Nasb 1? Definitely not. BfBB is just so much more polished despite releasing 20 years ago.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
NASB 1 isn't even in the discussion tbh, it's so bad that there's a genuine risk of it dragging down NASB 2. Looking back on vods of the not so diehard people playing the launch of it is lowkey humiliating.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I'm afraid I got some bad news: The reputation of Lincoln has pretty much been ruined for this thread. We have Riley being Riley, and at least one or two people going on and on about how they should bring back all 11 characters...as a trojan horse just to get Lincoln back, never mind that while TLH lost 50% of its reps, A!RM and CatDog lost 100%.

Lucky for you, you're not responsible for it.
Even if Lincoln were already in and had top billing, I'd still be upset about all of the missing veterans. No trojan horses here! Lincoln was just notable because his chances to come back seemed really grim for awhile (among all of the other reasons, such as the fandom really disliking the show), so I was more vocal about him. But I care about every veteran and would love to see all of them back, there's a genuine hole in the roster without them. I love Nickelodeon and care about these characters. It was literally my childhood. Thus it makes me sad to see so many characters I loved amd grew up with get the axe. And even if I hated CatDog (the show) and didn't really care about ARM, other loved both, and the former is instantly recognizable when thinking of Nickeloden. They didn't deserve to have their representation ripped from them. We don't know if it was Ludocity's bad decisions or Nick rushing them and demanding a certain amount of newcomers, but either way the cuts didn't solve any problems and only made people upset. If the game does well, I hope they can being at least some of them back, as they'd round out the roster beautifully and be easier to do anyway due to some having reusable assets in-game.

As for best licensed Nick game, BfBB Rehydrated, hands down. The game looked great and was super fun to play! My only gripe was some framerate issues in the Switch version. Honestly, it was a blast!!! Sure, it also has imitation Krabs, but he plays a minor enough role that it really isn't a big deal. I do wonder, though, what Nick's contract is with Clancy Brown in regards to external Spongebob media these days.

Though if we take fangames into account Mr. Krabs Overdoses on Ketamine is the obvious choice, its not even a contest.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Even if Lincoln were already in and had top billing, I'd still be upset about all of the missing veterans. No trojan horses here! Lincoln was just notable because his chances to come back seemed really grim for awhile (among all of the other reasons, such as the fandom really disliking the show), so I was more vocal about him. But I care about every veteran and would love to see all of them back, there's a genuine hole in the roster without them.
Exactly. All those veterans being gone really turned down my enjoyment for this game. And let's not forget all the other shenanigans that they ended up doing. And as for Lincoln himself, I used to be really against him (which was weird because I main him) although that was just me pointlessly trying to be "cool" as I believed that a majority of the fanbase were TLH haters. But I was wrong. I've also looked at the facts and noticed that there was more evidence in his favor than against. So I decided to completely end my pointless vendetta against Lincoln once and for all.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I would say my favorite Nick games off the top of my head are Battle for Bikini Bottom and NASB1 (though we'll see how 2 fares next Tuesday).

I also remember Fairly OddParents Shadow Showdown being pretty decent.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
As all four DLC characters are pretty much all done at this point I think that the DLC will drop at a much faster rate compared to the first game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As all four DLC characters are pretty much all done at this point I think that the DLC will drop at a much faster rate compared to the first game.
This I agree with, yeah. I think the surprise success of the first game genuinely caught them off guard, but now they seem to have a more concrete content roadmap.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This I agree with, yeah. I think the surprise success of the first game genuinely caught them off guard, but now they seem to have a more concrete content roadmap.
Plus they developed the DLC alongside the base roster, unlike last time. I think this was why they were leaked and revealed much earlier than with the first game. The first game was released in October of 2021 and it wasn't until May of 2022 that the DLC was revealed. Here, the game isn't even out yet and the DLC has been revealed already.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Plus they developed the DLC alongside the base roster, unlike last time. I think this was why they were leaked and revealed much earlier than with the first game. The first game was released in October of 2021 and it wasn't until May of 2022 that the DLC was revealed. Here, the game isn't even out yet and the DLC has been revealed already.
Yeah. There's also the fact that they had to spend time working on Garfield and Shredder who were meant for the base game, which slowed the DLC pipeline even more so.

In general it should go MUCH more smoothly this time, since there likely won't be that giant content drought that happened after Shredder's release this time.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. There's also the fact that they had to spend time working on Garfield and Shredder who were meant for the base game, which slowed the DLC pipeline even more so.

In general it should go MUCH more smoothly this time, since there likely won't be that giant content drought that happened after Shredder's release this time.
And that's because there won't be any free update characters this time, and the DLC characters are pretty much all done and ready to go, so I'm expecting them to just release them at a rapid rate or just release them all at once.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Also remember that for the first game they had to work on items and voice acting among other things post launch, most likely at the same time that they were working on characters. Now the base game seems to be much more complete, so yeah I think dlc will go much more smoothly this time.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also remember that for the first game they had to work on items and voice acting among other things post launch, most likely at the same time that they were working on characters. Now the base game seems to be much more complete, so yeah I think dlc will go much more smoothly this time.
Along with the possibility of there being more DLC beyond these four, which is what I'm thinking will happen.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
Well, not like Nintendo would be hosting tournaments for it. lol.

Pretty cool to see, though. Sony's involvement with the FGC does have its benefits (well... for the most part). Don't know if it means it'll be a main stage game at EVO but it's nice that it's getting some support outside of the devs/community.
If this gets any EVO Main Stage anything I will flip

Top Bottom