• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Little running theory I’ve had for a bit is that they know people really want Timmy and Jimmy, and Rocko apparently releases in Fall right? Well, Rocko was also revealed before any gameplay was ready. The Game Awards is in December. If there’s any place to announce the two of them together…

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Little running theory I’ve had for a bit is that they know people really want Timmy and Jimmy, and Rocko apparently releases in Fall right? Well, Rocko was also revealed before any gameplay was ready. The Game Awards is in December. If there’s any place to announce the two of them together…
I imagine since winter is the only season to not have a character releasing, that would make sense for when the next pass is announced, if one is happening.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I made a roster for a Nick All Stars Brawl 2. It assumes that Squidward, Zuko, an FOP character, and maybe Jimmy are the only remaining DLC characters for NASB1. Let me know what you think:
Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl 2 Roster.png

Some Notes:
-Cosmo and Wanda could be Timmy too. I kind of prefer going straight to Cosmo and Wanda to "cut out the middleman" so to speak, but what I really care about is having an FOP character. However the hypothetical moveset works out.

-Carly and Sam also more represents "an iCarly character" rather than any specific character concept I'm married too. Just Carly, just Sam, or even just Spencer could all work as well.

-Skipper may be a bit of a pipe-dream on my part; if he isn't possible I'd replace him with some character from a classic Nick live-action series, like Kenan and Kel or Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

-The question mark is a placeholder for a character from a modern Nicktoon, like Middlemost Post or Welcome to the Wayne. I'm not really knowledgeable enough about this era of nicktoons to have a definitive idea.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I made a roster for a Nick All Stars Brawl 2. It assumes that Squidward, Zuko, an FOP character, and maybe Jimmy are the only remaining DLC characters for NASB1. Let me know what you think:
View attachment 356228
Some Notes:
-Cosmo and Wanda could be Timmy too. I kind of prefer going straight to Cosmo and Wanda to "cut out the middleman" so to speak, but what I really care about is having an FOP character. However the hypothetical moveset works out.

-Carly and Sam also more represents "an iCarly character" rather than any specific character concept I'm married too. Just Carly, just Sam, or even just Spencer could all work as well.

-Skipper may be a bit of a pipe-dream on my part; if he isn't possible I'd replace him with some character from a classic Nick live-action series, like Kenan and Kel or Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.

-The question mark is a placeholder for a character from a modern Nicktoon, like Middlemost Post or Welcome to the Wayne. I'm not really knowledgeable enough about this era of nicktoons to have a definitive idea.
Not a bad lineup, though I'd honestly reign it in a little.

I don't believe Nick Jr. or live action sitcoms will be ever on the table, or Dreamworks stuff either, and though I see you added all of Team Avatar, I don't think that's necessary - you got three Water Tribe reps now when Korra can do the job fine, and Asami is good if you want a nonbender rep. I'm also not a fan of Luan being the new Loud House rep or the lack of a new Danny Phantom rep.

Otis I can take or leave. I'd cycle Krabs, Angelica, and FB/CC into the base roster over the Nick Jr. stuff and the live action rep. I'm actually planning a video on my personal hopes, so I don't wanna get too into who I wanna see, but you've got a decent lineup there.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
you got three Water Tribe reps now when Korra can do the job fine, and Asami is good if you want a nonbender rep. I'm also not a fan of Luan being the new Loud House rep or the lack of a new Danny Phantom rep.
Which TLH character would you choose as the third rep?

I completely agree on Danny Phantom! I hate the fact that every 2010's crossover he's in he's stuck appearing alone.

Though in regards to Avatar Sokka would be a way more iconic and fun non-bender rep than Asami would be and would be much more of a crowdpleaser. Alongside that, obligatory Korra always taking the Water Tribe slot would be an absolute bust. Her inclusion always getting in the way of Katara and Sokka isn't very fun, especially when the two would play way differently. I guess what I would do is nix Asami, have Zuko get in as DLC for this game, and have Katara be the base game newcomer for 2 while Sokka is DLC. That would pace it much better and not feel as egregious. That will put them on par with TMNT.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
There is absolutely no way Sam Puckett would appear in anything Nick related again after everything the actor went through. Same for Gibby.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 356228
Some Notes:

I feel like Angelica should really be in the base game, imo Rugrats would really need another rep in a second game. Other than that I think it's pretty good but maybe too ambitious. 40 characters is a lot even for a second game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Which TLH character would you choose as the third rep?

I completely agree on Danny Phantom! I hate the fact that every 2010's crossover he's in he's stuck appearing alone.

Though in regards to Avatar Sokka would be a way more iconic and fun non-bender rep than Asami would be and would be much more of a crowdpleaser. Alongside that, obligatory Korra always taking the Water Tribe slot would be an absolute bust. Her inclusion always getting in the way of Katara and Sokka isn't very fun, especially when the two would play way differently. I guess what I would do is nix Asami, have Zuko get in as DLC for this game, and have Katara be the base game newcomer for 2 while Sokka is DLC. That would pace it much better and not feel as egregious. That will put them on par with TMNT.
Luna imo is the best choice. She's the fan-favorite sister, she has one of the more striking designs, and she can play literally any instrument, meaning she has lots of potential for a music-based moveset.

As for Sokka and all, I really don't think he's a necessary addition - don't get me wrong, I love all of Team Avatar, but like I said there's definitely a lot of Water Tribe, and having Asami to represent Korra alongside the titular character would be cool. Honestly she's one of the few parts I liked about that series. I dunno, I just don't think TLA needs to completely overshadow Korra. Katara I also don't feel can really do anything that you can't let Korra do too, so I'd rather see some of the moves you'd put on Katara go to Korra instead.

Don't get me wrong - I love Katara - but if you wanna rep both series from this same world, I don't think three Water Tribe reps when each other nation only has one is the way to go. For a nonbender, I'd honestly pick Suki over Sokka at least as far as moveset wise goes. Not to mention Zuko could also do a non-bender moveset with the Blue Spirit as an alternate form.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I know. I'm part of that fandom. I don't even like Korra. But it feels kinda disingenuous to include Korra but then everything else Avatar be from the original series. What point is there to even including Korra at that point
To keep the diehards from complaining that Korra isn't in...

and even then, ALL of the demand for new Avatar reps is for TLA characters.

If anything I'd nix Korra all together from a sequel and have Katara and Sokka represent their tribe together. Yes, it's two water tribe characters, but they play extremely differently.

Katara I also don't feel can really do anything that you can't let Korra do too, so I'd rather see some of the moves you'd put on Katara go to Korra instead.
Katara would actually WATERBEND. Korra is just elemental effect Ganondorf.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
She has a mechanic where if you tap the button on some of her strikes they don't bend at all, and if you push the button in she'll bend; she has two or three of them that use water and one or two that use fire

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Katara would actually WATERBEND. Korra is just elemental effect Ganondorf.
That makes me upset with how Aang and Korra's movesets were handled. Their movesets feel more like they were designed so that the game would have equivalents to Sheik and Ganondorf rather than properly representing them as characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
That makes me upset with how Aang and Korra's movesets were handled. Their movesets feel more like they were designed so that the game would have equivalents to Sheik and Ganondorf rather than properly representing them as characters.
I honestly don't see how Aang and Korra's respective movesets don't "represent them as characters".

Also, just because they share archetypes with Sheik and Ganondorf doesn't make them carbon copies; they have different tools and kits compared to those two, and treating them like this feels like a mere surface-level observation.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I honestly don't see how Aang and Korra's respective movesets don't "represent them as characters".
Because Aang primarily fights in TLA by dodging and attacking from afar, as indirect as possible. This goes with Airbender philosophy of pacifism.

In NASB Aang is an up-close all-contact rushdown fighter, a completely opposite archtype. I wouldn't mind him having a few contact moves like his specials (and they're high-mobility, which fits Aang perfectly). But he's 100% contact which feels downright egregious.

In NASB Korra barely bends. Most of her moves are just elemental-infused punches and kicks. While the up-close nature of Korra is more faithful to the way Korra fights (and resulted in a rather irritating personality) she was clearly designed to fit a popular Smash archtype. (And why having Katara and Sokka wouldn't feel repetitive).

Thankfully they did a great job with Toph!!!

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Because Aang primarily fights in TLA by dodging and attacking from afar, as indirect as possible. This goes with Airbender philosophy of pacifism.

In NASB Aang is an up-close all-contact rushdown fighter, a completely opposite archtype. I wouldn't mind him having a few contact moves like his specials (and they're high-mobility, which fits Aang perfectly). But he's 100% contact which feels downright egregious.

In NASB Korra barely bends. Most of her moves are just elemental-infused punches and kicks. While the up-close nature of Korra is more faithful to the way Korra fights (and resulted in a rather irritating personality) she was clearly designed to fit a popular Smash archtype. (And why having Katara and Sokka wouldn't feel repetitive).

Thing is, Aang is still known for being quick and nimble, which the rushdown-style compliments pretty well even if it's not exactly a completely perfect fit, not to mention him being more of an aerial fighter compliments him being an Airbender (and as shown by Guynamednelson, the bending style he generally prefers). And even disregarding that, sometimes creative liberties are taken when translating a character into a fighting game like this. Otherwise, the only option I can think of would be to just leave Aang out completely.

As for Korra, I think the more aggressive, heavy-attack style works for her because that's what her general personality is like (at least, in Season 1; I still need to watch the rest of the show to see what she's like later on). And her attacks involving the other elements (even if for the most part they're used as augments for her punches and kicks) acknowledges how, unlike with Aang, she considered being the Avatar to be a core part of her identity.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

But he’s not contact most of the time? A lot of his strongs for example involve air bending. Like I know what you mean by making contact but it’s not quite the same

Looking over his moveset, I see 3 actual strikes (one elbow, one punch and two open handed palm strikes), the rest either involve air or his staff/glider

Basically, I feel like this is the best way to represent Aang in general. I have more issues with Korra but that’s more related to her just being underpowered in general rather than her actual moveset which I think suits her

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Why does portraying a character accurate to the source even matter? As long as they play well that's all that matters. Making a platform fighter without a slow powerhouse and swift floaty rushdown really wouldn't make sense.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Why does portraying a character accurate to the source even matter? As long as they play well that's all that matters. Making a platform fighter without a slow powerhouse and swift floaty rushdown really wouldn't make sense.
It doesn't need to be 1:1 accurate, but there's a difference between "represents the source material well, but with creative liberties to help it better meld into the format" and "this character fits well into the format but is nothing like how they are in their source material". It'd be like if you make Danny completely ground-based, gave Leonardo a claymore, made Powdered Toast Man a shoto, or made Lincoln a Ness clone. There's a reason why people have been complaining about Ganondorf's moveset for years. and it's not like making some more range-based air moves would be difficult in a platform fighter.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
It doesn't need to be 1:1 accurate, but there's a difference between "represents the source material well, but with creative liberties to help it better meld into the format" and "this character fits well into the format but is nothing like how they are in-game". It'd be like if you make Danny completely ground-based, gave Leonardo a claymore, or made Powdered Toast Man a shoto. There's a reason why people have been complaining about Ganondorf's moveset for years. and it's not like making some more range-based air moves would be difficult in a platform fighter.
Once people are used to a moveset, it shouldn't be changed - maybe if the moveset is poorly designed from a functional standpoint, but if it's for the sake of "accuracy" you're ultimately just getting rid of a perfectly fine moveset and isolating that character's players for an extremely superficial reason with no benefit to actual gameplay.

D

Deleted member

Speedway's trailer is likely to be a random drop. But I'd say this week is looking pretty likely. Could be as early as tomorrow

D

Deleted member

Nick_Kart_Racers_Grand_Prix_characters.png

This was the roster for the last game. I assume we'll see all of them back with the exception of Jojo Swia. That's 29 characters so it still leaves room for some fun newcomers.

I wonder if they'll change the TMNT's designs to 80s or rise.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
View attachment 356298
This was the roster for the last game. I assume we'll see all of them back with the exception of Jojo Swia. That's 29 characters so it still leaves room for some fun newcomers.

I wonder if they'll change the TMNT's designs to 80s or rise.
I hope they at least update ZIM's model. NASB's has honestly spoiled me with how good it is.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Was it someone in this thread that mentioned they based it off of his beta design or something? Perhaps it’ll be updated this time
Yeah, that was me.

It looked like the test pilot and this image were the only reference they were given. He even makes this exact pose in his victory animation.
1657477315390.png

His eyes being bright pink is the main giveaway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom