• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
River City Ransom.
I really need to play it again. Last time I tried it I was still chained at the hip to Smash but these days I've been playing tons of NSO so that's my best bet for my next NES game.

Can we start rallying behind Tails for Smash now
I will happily rally behind any new playable Sonic character including but not limited to:

ihxj5b06ts6a1.jpg

...and Knuckles.

So.. yes. Yes we can .

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Who would you choose?

My picks would be: (having 7 fighters)
  1. Bandana Dee (Kirby needs more than just representation from Sakurai's games)
  2. Crash Bandicoot (Popular third party request)
  3. Dixie Kong (The next one after K. Rool)
  4. Amaterasu (More quadruped animal fighters)
  5. Toxtricity (Pokémon didn't get a Gen 8 rep during Smash's DLC)
  6. Dr. Eggman (Sonic needs a villain rep)
  7. Master Chief (Pretty iconic to finish with)
I’ll do this using some biased picks and some notable picks.

1. Waluigi (I’d start the FP strong by adding one of the biggest requests; I don’t know how this works for assists).
2. Agumon (I thought about Lloyd, but I don’t want to add too many swordfighters as my two most wanted fighters are sword users).
3. Tidus (My most wanted fighter).
4. Isaac (My second most wanted fighter, but he also is requested).
5. Arle (Puyo Puyo was relevant in the switch era, and it could be cool to see how Arle would play).
6. Master Chief (I feel like this would a hype addition).

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Champion
Terry in hindsight makes sense, at the time they were picking him I'd have been skeptical tho, but I suppose adding Ryu meant opening the doors to fgs in general just SNK was definitely not in my head.

Who are Kunio and Riki again?
Main characters of the River City series.

As for Terry, I don't think he was seen as a popular pick. In fact, some people still admit that they barely knew anything about Terry before he appeared in Smash. But now after Sakurai basically gave a quick history lesson on Fatal Fury and the King of Fighters series when he was revealed, not only have people accepted Terry but they even call KOF94 "the original Smash Bros".

I really need to play it again. Last time I tried it I was still chained at the hip to Smash but these days I've been playing tons of NSO so that's my best bet for my next NES game.
Have you also played Super Dodgeball? If you haven't, you might want to give that game a try too.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’ll do this using some biased picks and some notable picks.

1. Waluigi (I’d start the FP strong by adding one of the biggest requests; I don’t know how this works for assists).
2. Agumon (I thought about Lloyd, but I don’t want to add too many swordfighters as my two most wanted fighters are sword users).
3. Tidus (My most wanted fighter).
4. Isaac (My second most wanted fighter, but he also is requested).
5. Arle (Puyo Puyo was relevant in the switch era, and it could be cool to see how Arle would play).
6. Master Chief (I feel like this would a hype addition).
Final Fantasy X is one of my favorite games ever so Tidus would be awesome. The only Digimon games I’ve played were Digimon World on the PS1 and Cyber Sleuth on the PS4 but I liked both of them. Cyber Sleuth had some great tracks too. I’m not particularly a big fan of Agumon’s design but if it had a digivolve mechanic and came with some Cyber Sleuth music, I’d be pretty excited.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I will happily rally behind any new playable Sonic character including but not limited to:

View attachment 378460
...and Knuckles.

So.. yes. Yes we can .
But who should we get first: Flicky or Flicky?

(Also, don't show this pic to SatAM/Archie fans. They're a bit self-concious about this sort of thing...)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who would you choose?

Who would you choose?

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa (using Age of Calamity as base)
3. Monster Hunter
4. Bandana Dee
5. Isaac
6. Noah
7. Garchomp

Last edited:

Good Night !

Smash Rookie
Who would you choose?

1. Dr. Eggman (because come on, he's the second most known villain in video game after Bowser. I'm surprised it didn't happened yet).
2. Rayman (by popular demands. Also Ubisoft already created two games with Mario in it. It would be logical that Nintendo returned the favor).
3. Chun-li (the most popular female combattant in fighting game ever).
4. 2B (She's basically the face of Nier now. People likes her and it will not be the first time she's a guest character).
5. Dante (by popular demands, and I think he will be fun to play).
6. Dixie Kong (by popular demands too, also DK deserves more than just 3 characters in the roster).
7. King Boo (personal desire)

Ivander

Smash Legend
We almost always do "Which characters do you choose?" polls, so why don't we take a break from that and choose Alternate costumes instead? With a twist.
Instead of picking usual alternate costumes from a characters' game, let's do costume swapping(like SFxT and TTT2's Nintendo costumes) and give each character a costume of another character, either their actual outfit or an outfit that resembles them. So it's not a character costume, like Alph, the Koopalings, the other DQ Heroes, etc, but the player character wearing the costume of that character. The rules are simple, for the most part:
  • The only characters you can pick for costumes can be a character from any Nintendo-owned game/series, from any 3rd Party series with a playable character or any 3rd Party character with an Assist Trophy, Spirit or Mii Costume in Smash Ultimate. For example, you can choose Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for a costume, but you can't choose any other character from the Tales series. That said:
    • In regards to crossovers, you cannot choose a non-video game originated character. So obviously, no Mickey Mouse, Squid Girl, etc. In the case of a video game that has a crossover with a series in Smash Bros, you cannot pick them, with ONE exception. If a character from another video game series has an outright playable appearance(so not a costume, but the actual character) in a series in Smash Bros., you can pick those characters specifically. For example, you can choose Guy from Final Fight, but you can't choose Mike Hagger, since the former is playable in a few Street Fighter games while the latter never was.
    • For Pac-Man, as much as I want to say it's cheating, you can pick a character from a game that had a theme in Pac-Man 99, as while the themes are just Pac-Man with a different skin, you still control the characters of those games in those themes. But you can only use those characters.
      That said, characters from any Namco game, not series, that either had a music track under Pac-Man or was part of the Namco Arcade Medleys(Namely Galaga, Mappy, Dig Dug, Tower of Duraga/Return of Ishtar, Dragon Spirit, Wonder Momo, Legend of Valkyrie and Metro-Cross.) can be chosen.
    • In the case for Terry, you can choose any characters who appeared in Fatal Fury and King of Fighters.
  • Costumes are not restricted, so you can give any outfit to any character from any game or series, or even from another playable character in Smash Bros. You are not restricted to give a character a costume swap only from their game series. You can still pick a character from their series for a costume if you choose. You don't need to fit them to a tee, just have fun.
  • That said, three things.
    1. The character who wears the costume is the main slot one. So Bowser Jr., Olimar, Luminary and Steve/Alex are the ones wearing the outfit you've chosen, you can't choose one of the other characters for wearing the character outfit you've chosen.
    2. In the case of Male/Female characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pokemon Trainer, Steve/Alex, etc, both of them will wear the outfit. That said, if you chose twin characters or a character that has a male and female option, the Male will wear the outfit of the male character while the Female will wear the outfit of the female character.
    3. For Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard and Pyra/Mythra, if you choose an outfit for them, they all have to be from the same game. So if you chose a character's outfit for Pyra from one game, then Mythra's outfit has to be from that same game. But you can make them both wear the same outfit if you choose to. Same goes for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.
  • For those who want to challenge themselves, try picking outfits that work with the characters' hitboxes and voice clips(like picking characters with dresses/dress-like outfits for playable characters with dresses or picking an outfit for Power Suit Samus that has a mask or visor). I won't restrict you from picking notably different outfits for those characters. It's just something for people if they want to give themselves more of a challenge.
  • And obviously, Smash Bros. is for good boys and girls, though if a character with a normally risky outfit has a more safer outfit that they have used as a main outfit in another game, you can choose that outfit.
So I'll go with my picks to give a rundown on how this works:
:ultmario:: Arthur (Ghosts'n Goblins)
:ultdk:: Guts Man (Megaman series)
:ultlink:: FF1 Warrior (Final Fantasy series)
:ultsamus:: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight series)
:ultdarksamus:: Darkrai (Pokemon series)
:ultyoshi:: Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)
:ultkirby:: Riki (Xenoblade series. Wanted to find something that wouldn't conflict much with Kirby's power-up forms.)
:ultfox:: Dillon (Dillon series, his currant outfit)
:ultpikachu:: Palico (Monster Hunter series)
:ultluigi:: Duster (Earthbound series)
:ultness:: Tempo (HarmoKnight)
:ultfalcon:: Drake Redcrest (Chibi Robo series)
:ultjigglypuff:: Tiki (Fire Emblem. Wears her Young version's headgear and has purple sash straps on her arms)
:ultpeach:: Princess Gwaelin (Dragon Quest series)
:ultdaisy:: Marin (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultbowser:: Duraga (Tower of Duraga)
:ulticeclimbers:: Kat & Ana (WarioWare series. Popo dresses as Kat, Nana as Ana.)
:ultsheik:: Altair (Assassin's Creed)
:ultzelda:: Maria Renard (Castlevania series)
:ultdoc:: Jeff (Earthbound series)
:ultpichu:: Mettaur (Megaman series)
:ultfalco:: Revali (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultmarth:: Andy (Advance Wars series)
:ultlucina:: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga series. Uses Xenoblade 2 appearance with leggings. Using Mask taunt will instead have Lucina bring down KOS-MOS' visor when her hand reaches her head)
:ultyounglink:: Rex (Xenoblade series)
:ultganondorf:: Sigma (Megaman series)
:ultmewtwo:: Psaro (Dragon Quest series)
:ultroy:: Rathalos Armor Hunter (Monster Hunter series)
:ultchrom:: Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil series)
:ultgnw: : Sukapon (Joy Mech Fighter. Basically, a black with white lines Sukapon with 2 beady white eyes and with Game & Watch frames, is 2D, Limbo-like, etc.)
:ultmetaknight:: Gray Fox (Metal Gear series)
:ultpit:: Prince of Sable (For Frog the Bell Tolls)
:ultdarkpit:: Prince Richard (For Frog the Bell Tolls)
:ultzss:: Wonder Momo (Wonder Momo. Man, Nintendo could make a killing giving her multiple alternate costumes, with how many can fit her)
:ultwario:: Mr. EAD (F-Zero series)
:ultsnake:: Sheldon (Splatoon series)
:ultike:: Zael (The Last Story)
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:: Captain Toad/Toadette, Hammer Bro, Petey Piranha, Draggadon (Mario series)
:ultdiddy:: Tortimer (Animal Crossing series)
:ultlucas:: Isaac (Golden Sun series)
:ultsonic:: Mario (Mario series)
:ultkingdedede:: Kaptain K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
:ultolimar:: Professor E. Gadd (Mario series)
:ultlucario:: Daroach (Kirby series)
:ultrob:: ROB 64 (Star Fox series. For the most part, R.O.B. is somewhat a re-color that's gold with white spots, but they have a blue screen on their chest and the black lens holding their eyes are covered by a bright red lens)
:ulttoonlink:: Gilgamesh (Tower of Duraga)
:ultwolf:: Iori Yagami (King of Fighters series)
:ultvillager::ultvillagerf:: Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)
:ultmegaman:: Masked Man (Earthbound series)
:ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:: May/Brandon (Pokemon series)
:ultrosalina:: Viridi (Kid Icarus series)
:ultlittlemac:: Harry (Teleroboxer)
:ultgreninja:: Guy (Street Fighter/Final Fight series)
:ultpalutena:: Zelda(Skyward Sword) (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultpacman:: Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:: Black Mage / White Mage (Final Fantasy series)
:ultshulk:: Sagi (Baten Kaitos series)
:ultbowserjr:: Slime Knight & Slime (Dragon Quest series. Bowser Jr. is dressed as Slime Knight. The Koopa Clown Car's facial design and coloring is that of the Slime enemy).
:ultduckhunt:: Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie series)
:ultryu:: Goku (Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki. You're probably asking, did I do this for the Goku meme? And I can say Yes and No. Besides the DB Goku meme, I chose this for two other reasons that came to mind before and after that.
:ultken:: James McCloud (Star Fox series)
:ultcloud:: Eliwood (Fire Emblem series)
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:: Frey and Freya (Zangeki no Reginleiv)
:ultbayonetta:: Shanoa (Castlevania series)
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:: Futaba Sakura (Persona series)
:ultridley:: Heavy Lobster (Kirby series)
:ultsimon:: Magnus (Kid Icarus series)
:ultrichter:: Dante (Devil May Cry series)
:ultkrool:: King Hippo (Punch Out! series)
:ultisabelle:: Nikki (Swapnote series)
:ultincineroar:: Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)
:ultpiranha:: Deku Baba (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultjoker:: Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)
:ulthero:: Duran (Seiken Densetsu/Mana series)
:ultbanjokazooie:: 18-Volt and 9-Volt (WarioWare series)
:ult_terry:: Hilbert (Pokemon series)
:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:: Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
:ultminmin: Nia (Xenoblade series)
:ultsteve::ultalex:: Boy Villager/Girl Villager (Animal Crossing series)
:ultsephiroth:: Wandering Samurai (Rhythm Heaven series)
:ultpyra::ultmythra:: Valkyrie/Black Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)
:ultkazuya:: Black Shadow (F-Zero series)
:ultsora:: Squall Leonheart (Final Fantasy series)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Who would you choose?

Bias Pass:

1: Grovyle
2: Maxwell
3: Bandana Dee
4: Frisk
5: Kamek
6. Geno Fortnite
7. Phoenix Wright

Making people that aren't me happy pass:

1. Geno Mario RPG
2. Dante
3. Issac
4. Bandana Dee
5. Rayman
6. Papyrus
7. Master Chief

We almost always do "Which characters do you choose?" polls, so why don't we take a break from that and choose Alternate costumes instead? With a twist.
Instead of picking usual alternate costumes from a characters' game, let's do costume swapping(like SFxT and TTT2's Nintendo costumes) and give each character a costume of another character, either their actual outfit or an outfit that resembles them. So it's not a character costume, like Alph, the Koopalings, the other DQ Heroes, etc, but the player character wearing the costume of that character. The rules are simple, for the most part:
  • The only characters you can pick for costumes can be a character from any Nintendo-owned game/series, from any 3rd Party series with a playable character or any 3rd Party character with an Assist Trophy, Spirit or Mii Costume in Smash Ultimate. For example, you can choose Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia for a costume, but you can't choose any other character from the Tales series. That said:
    • In regards to crossovers, you cannot choose a non-video game originated character. So obviously, no Mickey Mouse, Squid Girl, etc. In the case of a video game that has a crossover with a series in Smash Bros, you cannot pick them, with ONE exception. If a character from another video game series has an outright playable appearance(so not a costume, but the actual character) in a series in Smash Bros., you can pick those characters specifically. For example, you can choose Guy from Final Fight, but you can't choose Mike Hagger, since the former is playable in a few Street Fighter games while the latter never was.
    • For Pac-Man, as much as I want to say it's cheating, you can pick a character from a game that had a theme in Pac-Man 99, as while the themes are just Pac-Man with a different skin, you still control the characters of those games in those themes. But you can only use those characters.
      That said, characters from any Namco game, not series, that either had a music track under Pac-Man or was part of the Namco Arcade Medleys(Namely Galaga, Mappy, Dig Dug, Tower of Duraga/Return of Ishtar, Dragon Spirit, Wonder Momo, Legend of Valkyrie and Metro-Cross.) can be chosen.
    • In the case for Terry, you can choose any characters who appeared in Fatal Fury and King of Fighters.
  • Costumes are not restricted, so you can give any outfit to any character from any game or series, or even from another playable character in Smash Bros. You are not restricted to give a character a costume swap only from their game series. You can still pick a character from their series for a costume if you choose. You don't need to fit them to a tee, just have fun.
  • That said, three things.
    1. The character who wears the costume is the main slot one. So Bowser Jr., Olimar, Luminary and Steve/Alex are the ones wearing the outfit you've chosen, you can't choose one of the other characters for wearing the character outfit you've chosen.
    2. In the case of Male/Female characters like Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Pokemon Trainer, Steve/Alex, etc, both of them will wear the outfit. That said, if you chose twin characters or a character that has a male and female option, the Male will wear the outfit of the male character while the Female will wear the outfit of the female character.
    3. For Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard and Pyra/Mythra, if you choose an outfit for them, they all have to be from the same game. So if you chose a character's outfit for Pyra from one game, then Mythra's outfit has to be from that same game. But you can make them both wear the same outfit if you choose to. Same goes for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard.
  • For those who want to challenge themselves, try picking outfits that work with the characters' hitboxes and voice clips(like picking characters with dresses/dress-like outfits for playable characters with dresses or picking an outfit for Power Suit Samus that has a mask or visor). I won't restrict you from picking notably different outfits for those characters. It's just something for people if they want to give themselves more of a challenge.
  • And obviously, Smash Bros. is for good boys and girls, though if a character with a normally risky outfit has a more safer outfit that they have used as a main outfit in another game, you can choose that outfit.
So I'll go with my picks to give a rundown on how this works:
:ultmario:: Arthur (Ghosts'n Goblins)
:ultdk:: Guts Man (Megaman series)
:ultlink:: FF1 Warrior (Final Fantasy series)
:ultsamus:: Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight series)
:ultdarksamus:: Darkrai (Pokemon series)
:ultyoshi:: Funky Kong (Donkey Kong series)
:ultkirby:: Riki (Xenoblade series. Wanted to find something that wouldn't conflict much with Kirby's power-up forms.)
:ultfox:: Dillon (Dillon series, his currant outfit)
:ultpikachu:: Palico (Monster Hunter series)
:ultluigi:: Duster (Earthbound series)
:ultness:: Tempo (HarmoKnight)
:ultfalcon:: Drake Redcrest (Chibi Robo series)
:ultjigglypuff:: Tiki (Fire Emblem. Wears her Young version's headgear and has purple sash straps on her arms)
:ultpeach:: Princess Gwaelin (Dragon Quest series)
:ultdaisy:: Marin (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultbowser:: Duraga (Tower of Duraga)
:ulticeclimbers:: Kat & Ana (WarioWare series. Popo dresses as Kat, Nana as Ana.)
:ultsheik:: Altair (Assassin's Creed)
:ultzelda:: Maria Renard (Castlevania series)
:ultdoc:: Jeff (Earthbound series)
:ultpichu:: Mettaur (Megaman series)
:ultfalco:: Revali (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultmarth:: Andy (Advance Wars series)
:ultlucina:: KOS-MOS (Xenosaga series. Uses Xenoblade 2 appearance with leggings. Using Mask taunt will instead have Lucina bring down KOS-MOS' visor when her hand reaches her head)
:ultyounglink:: Rex (Xenoblade series)
:ultganondorf:: Sigma (Megaman series)
:ultmewtwo:: Psaro (Dragon Quest series)
:ultroy:: Rathalos Armor Hunter (Monster Hunter series)
:ultchrom:: Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil series)
:ultgnw: : Sukapon (Joy Mech Fighter. Basically, a black with white lines Sukapon with 2 beady white eyes and with Game & Watch frames, is 2D, Limbo-like, etc.)
:ultmetaknight:: Gray Fox (Metal Gear series)
:ultpit:: Prince of Sable (For Frog the Bell Tolls)
:ultdarkpit:: Prince Richard (For Frog the Bell Tolls)
:ultzss:: Wonder Momo (Wonder Momo. Man, Nintendo could make a killing giving her multiple alternate costumes, with how many can fit her)
:ultwario:: Mr. EAD (F-Zero series)
:ultsnake:: Sheldon (Splatoon series)
:ultike:: Zael (The Last Story)
:ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:: Captain Toad/Toadette, Hammer Bro, Petey Piranha, Draggadon (Mario series)
:ultdiddy:: Tortimer (Animal Crossing series)
:ultlucas:: Isaac (Golden Sun series)
:ultsonic:: Mario (Mario series)
:ultkingdedede:: Kaptain K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
:ultolimar:: Professor E. Gadd (Mario series)
:ultlucario:: Daroach (Kirby series)
:ultrob:: ROB 64 (Star Fox series. For the most part, R.O.B. is somewhat a re-color that's gold with white spots, but they have a blue screen on their chest and the black lens holding their eyes are covered by a bright red lens)
:ulttoonlink:: Gilgamesh (Tower of Duraga)
:ultwolf:: Iori Yagami (King of Fighters series)
:ultvillager::ultvillagerf:: Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fighter)
:ultmegaman:: Masked Man (Earthbound series)
:ultwiifittrainer::ultwiifittrainerm:: May/Brandon (Pokemon series)
:ultrosalina:: Viridi (Kid Icarus series)
:ultlittlemac:: Harry (Teleroboxer)
:ultgreninja:: Guy (Street Fighter/Final Fight series)
:ultpalutena:: Zelda(Skyward Sword) (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultpacman:: Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
:ultrobin::ultrobinf:: Black Mage / White Mage (Final Fantasy series)
:ultshulk:: Sagi (Baten Kaitos series)
:ultbowserjr:: Slime Knight & Slime (Dragon Quest series. Bowser Jr. is dressed as Slime Knight. The Koopa Clown Car's facial design and coloring is that of the Slime enemy).
:ultduckhunt:: Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie series)
:ultryu:: Goku (Famicom Mukashibanashi: Yūyūki. You're probably asking, did I do this for the Goku meme? And I can say Yes and No. Besides the DB Goku meme, I chose this for two other reasons that came to mind before and after that.
:ultken:: James McCloud (Star Fox series)
:ultcloud:: Eliwood (Fire Emblem series)
:ultcorrin::ultcorrinf:: Frey and Freya (Zangeki no Reginleiv)
:ultbayonetta:: Shanoa (Castlevania series)
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy:: Futaba Sakura (Persona series)
:ultridley:: Heavy Lobster (Kirby series)
:ultsimon:: Magnus (Kid Icarus series)
:ultrichter:: Dante (Devil May Cry series)
:ultkrool:: King Hippo (Punch Out! series)
:ultisabelle:: Nikki (Swapnote series)
:ultincineroar:: Samurai Goroh (F-Zero series)
:ultpiranha:: Deku Baba (Legend of Zelda series)
:ultjoker:: Agent J (Elite Beat Agents)
:ulthero:: Duran (Seiken Densetsu/Mana series)
:ultbanjokazooie:: 18-Volt and 9-Volt (WarioWare series)
:ult_terry:: Hilbert (Pokemon series)
:ultbyleth::ultbylethf:: Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
:ultminmin: Nia (Xenoblade series)
:ultsteve::ultalex:: Boy Villager/Girl Villager (Animal Crossing series)
:ultsephiroth:: Wandering Samurai (Rhythm Heaven series)
:ultpyra::ultmythra:: Valkyrie/Black Valkyrie (Legend of Valkyrie)
:ultkazuya:: Black Shadow (F-Zero series)
:ultsora:: Squall Leonheart (Final Fantasy series)
Assuming I'm compliant with these rules, I have a handful of ideas:

Zero Suit Samus: Shantae (Shantae series)
Pac-Man: Mappy (Namco Museum series)
Mega Man: Beck (Mighty No. 9)
Yoshi: Agumon (Digimon)
Sora: Pit (Kid Icarus series)

Your move.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Instead of picking usual alternate costumes from a characters' game, let's do costume swapping(like SFxT and TTT2's Nintendo costumes) and give each character a costume of another character, either their actual outfit or an outfit that resembles them. So it's not a character costume, like Alph, the Koopalings, the other DQ Heroes, etc, but the player character wearing the costume of that character.
I refuse to participate on the grounds that the concept is repellant to me.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I notice someone mentioning John Raimi from Geist in Smash. I guess it would be neat but the game only released in the west, with the JP version being canceled. Also, n-Space, the devs, were dissolved as of 2016

Stratos

Smash Ace
I notice someone mentioning John Raimi from Geist in Smash. I guess it would be neat but the game only released in the west, with the JP version being canceled. Also, n-Space, the devs, were dissolved as of 2016
True, though FWIW, Nintendo apparently got full ownership of the IP after n-Space went under.
And Silicon Knights who developed Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem for Nintendo also disbanded from what I know, so let's assume they got that IP too after Silicon Knights closed.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Very late to the topic, but Stage Morph was so janky because you could encounter some wild ****. Imagine you spike your opponent, but they’re saved by Stage Morph placing an invisible floor over the blast zone as it changes. The inverse of that is just as frustrating based on your character of choice.

I keep forgetting stage morph is a thing
Me playing Little Mac at the corner of :flatzone2: when it morphs to :halberd::

IMG_6934.gif

Stratos

Smash Ace
You think the next Smash will go back to being named after general fighting terms?

Like rumble? Or skirmish? Or kerfuffle?
Maybe "Super Smash Bros. War" or "Super Smash Bros. Conquest"? Although on the other hand they might not be the appropriate names for future games in the Super Smash Bros. series.

sal ig

Smash Apprentice
I see alot of people always asking for a mystery dungeon rep and most people vote for grovyle but what if we got dusknoir instead? he would be another villain plus be the first ghost type in smash

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I see alot of people always asking for a mystery dungeon rep and most people vote for grovyle but what if we got dusknoir instead? he would be another villain plus be the first ghost type in smash
I don't know much about Mystery Dungeon has it always been associated with Pokemon?

For a ghost type I want Gengar above all else.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
I really like the idea of Dusknoir as a physically attacking tank, which is unusual for a Ghost (and bonus for an attacking movepool themed around the elemental punches, given its design), but the execution of that concept was not quite there.

As far as Smash goes, though, that is really reaching I'd say. Gengar is the most iconic Ghost and the best option there IMO, but even after that, Chandelure and Mimikyu are also popular Ghosts.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So after reading upon the Wikipedia it seems the first Mystery Dungeon features a merchant character from DQ4? 🤔 Would people rather another DQ rep from this Chunsoft spinoff or is like dead as a franchise outside Pokemon now ... weird cross between Pokemon and DQ now I'm imagining Yangus chopping down Pikachus.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Discussion #17364829

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Discussion #17364829
Metal Gear: Big Boss
Sonic: Dr. Eggman
Mega Man: Zero
Pac Man: Ghost
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Final Fantasy: Kefka
Bayonetta dunno
Castlevania: Alucard
Persona dunno
Dragon Quest: Doulmagus
Banjo Kazooie dunno
Fatal Fury dunno
Minecraft really? Dunno...
Tekken: King
Kingdom Hearts dunno

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really like the idea of Dusknoir as a physically attacking tank, which is unusual for a Ghost (and bonus for an attacking movepool themed around the elemental punches, given its design), but the execution of that concept was not quite there.

As far as Smash goes, though, that is really reaching I'd say. Gengar is the most iconic Ghost and the best option there IMO, but even after that, Chandelure and Mimikyu are also popular Ghosts.
Adding onto those three, there's now Gholdengo in the mix as well, since it's both fairly popular (especially competitively) while also being the celebratory Pokémon #1000. And also Ceruledge who's similarly popular, but from a more casual standpoint.

Dusknoir is neat, but as far as Ghost types are concerned there are definitely some existing ones with stronger pedigrees, especially if we're going back to previous generations to begin with.

Edit: LMAO I can't believe this slipped my mind, but like...if they were going back to a previous generation to add a Ghost, there's also...y'know, the one that was both previously considered, AND had a strong Smash support fandom: Decidueye.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Discussion #17364829
well you ask an interesting one

Sonic: Tails
Megaman: Roll
Pac-Man: go with Blinky
Street Fighter: erm I’ll have to get back to you on this one
Final Fantasy: Cecil
Persona: Yu I guess
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty
Tekken: Yoshimitsu?
Kingdom Hearts: Riku

what do you mean I missed some?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Metal Gear - Raiden
Sonic - Shadow echo
Mega Man - Zero
Pac Man - pass
Street Fighter - M. Bison
Final Fantasy - Zack echo
Bayonetta - Jeanne echo
Castlevania - Alucard
Persona - pass
Dragon Quest - Psaro
Banjo Kazooie - pass
Fatal Fury - Geese
Minecraft - pass
Tekken - King
Kingdom Hearts - Roxas echo

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Metal Gear Revengeance Raider would be such a great addition. I would main him on the spot. A human MGS2 version with the katana would also be cool, at least as an alternate costume.

Then we add an OP Senator Armstrong Assist Trophy :jojo:

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1696029838155.png

I'd be a little disappointed that we didn't get Grovyle, but I would come around pretty quickly. I like Dusknoir, both as a character and a Pokemon, and we're still getting the PMD content which is a colossal W.

toonito

Smash Ace
Discussion #17364829
  • :ultsnake:- Raiden (Revengence)
  • :ultsonic: - Tails
  • :ultmegaman: - Zero (MMX preferred)
  • :ultryu: - Chun Li
  • :ultcloud: - Tifa
  • :ult_terry: - Nakoruru
  • :ultkazuya:- Yoshimitsu
  • :ultsora: - Riku
  • :ultbayonetta: - Jeanne

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
So why do so many posts focus on the franchises represented already rather than looking for new exciting characters from unrepresented franchises ?

Trail series , Tails of , Atelier , SaGa , Decapolice , Halo , League of Legends

SPEN18

Smash Champion
It's just a little game people are playing

Though two unique reps from the same 3P franchise is still a one-time occurrence, and even then there are signs pointing to Seph possibly being kind of his own special situation

In general I expect them to focus on bringing in new franchises with the majority of the 3P newcomers

On the first party side we only got Splatoon and ARMS in Ult which is very unfortunate; while there are a lot of reps I'd like to see from existing franchises as well, I also hope we get to see more new 1P franchises next time. It's a huge deal for its legacy and future when a smaller or mid-size Nintendo franchise makes the roster, and there are several great options left on the board.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Discussion #17364829
1. Senator Armstrong
2. Tails
3. Zero (Mega Man Z)
4. The Ghosts
5. Chun Li
6. Squall
7. Cereza (Bayonetta Origins)
8. Charlotte
9. Queen
10. Slime
11. Mumbo Jumbo
12. Mai
13. Jesse (Minecraft Story Mode)
14. Roger Jr.
15. Aqua, Ventus and Terra

So why do so many posts focus on the franchises represented already rather than looking for new exciting characters from unrepresented franchises ?

Trail series , Tails of , Atelier , SaGa , Decapolice , Halo , League of Legends
Hyperdimension Neptunia? Disgaea? Yeah, they can work even if some sacrifice in the original source are needed. Aside of that...
I'm one of those weirdos that want the infamous "Video Games-only" rule to be broken for once and for all. So the first character to be revealed being Mordecai and Rigby from Regular Show.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

There can still be exciting newcomers both from franchises already represented and franchises without representation.

Top Bottom