• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I'd be shocked if Snake was cut but Simon wasn't.

Seniority aside, Metal Gear is just a much bigger series and Snake is a more popular than any of the Belmonts in the gaming landscape. Castlevania is no slouch. Both franchises are huge in the gaming landscape, but I think Metal Gear is the bigger get here. A quick Google search shows that Metal Gear has sold roughly three times the amount of units that Castlevania has. Simon may be huge with Nintendo fans, but Snake is huge with gaming fans in general.
As an older zoomer, i didn't even know what Castlevania was until it got a stage in Super Smash Flash 2.
While i knew what Metal Gear was when i picked up Brawl as a kid.
Not trying to discredit Castlevania, but i think older gamers kind of overstimate it's popularity in 2024 with today's youth , none of my friends under 30 know what Castlevania was before Ultimate.
For this reason i wouldn't be surprised if it was lower priority than Snake.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Star Fox is dead I think, but it'd be awesome. F-Zero got the 99 game so that's prolly it for this console. DK maybe? I feel like they'd have said something by now cause it's so demanded. Zelda still waiting on some remakes... And NSO has a lot of library left to fill out. Not sure but maybe a Square release or announcement. Still thinking it's too soon for Switch 2 news.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As an older zoomer, i didn't even know what Castlevania was until it got a stage in Super Smash Flash 2.
While i knew what Metal Gear was when i picked up Brawl as a kid.
Not trying to discredit Castlevania, but i think older gamers kind of overstimate it's popularity in 2024 with today's youth , none of my friends under 30 know what Castlevania was before Ultimate.
For this reason i wouldn't be surprised if it was lower priority than Snake.
Historically both games are very much tied to Nintendo, but Castlevania more so. It's true it isn't as much the case anymore after the SNES days. But I do remember it being a big deal back in the days, being close to 34 myself right now.

Metal Gear got it's biggest following after the Playstation days but Castlevania in my personal opinion has more ties to Nintendo.

However no need to compare cause I think these are gonna remain a package deal forever anyway.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Star Fox is dead I think, but it'd be awesome.
I don't think it's truly dead since Nintendo does seem to favor it somewhat, but they also treat it almost exclusively as a console showcase, which probably means we won't be seeing it next console either assuming it's a Switch 2 with no new gimmicks. Which sucks because if they can find the right formula and get good enough writers, it could be one of Nintendo's most impactful series. The setup is right there.

Side Note: I remember thinking that Star Fox Amiibos giving you playable Star Fox characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X would be the coolest thing ever. You could have Fox as a modified Duelist with a Javelin and an Assault Rifle (which would probably make him bad lol) and Falco as a Full Metal Jaguar. You could have Arwing Skells, and special missions that explore their characters. It would be so good!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You know what I just realized? Next Smash game will be in the whole AI era, we're sooooo gonna get deepfakes of Sakurai to "confirm" the legitimacy of "leaks". And with generative AI the entry barrier is significantly lower for people to make somewhat believable leaks, we might even get so many that nobody will be able to tell which ones are realistic lol

Ivander

Smash Legend
Basically, my hopes for the Direct are:
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Xenoblade X remaster
  • Custom Robo
  • The Goemon spiritual successor by GoodFeel coming to the West
  • More big NSO announcements. Hopefully something related to Sega or Konami/Hudson Soft, but more Rare titles and Smash N64 would be good too.
  • An old Nintendo IP getting a new game/remake/etc in general.
  • Final Fantasy Tactics remastered

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I don't think it's truly dead since Nintendo does seem to favor it somewhat, but they also treat it almost exclusively as a console showcase, which probably means we won't be seeing it next console either assuming it's a Switch 2 with no new gimmicks. Which sucks because if they can find the right formula and get good enough writers, it could be one of Nintendo's most impactful series. The setup is right there.

Side Note: I remember thinking that Star Fox Amiibos giving you playable Star Fox characters in Xenoblade Chronicles X would be the coolest thing ever. You could have Fox as a modified Duelist with a Javelin and an Assault Rifle (which would probably make him bad lol) and Falco as a Full Metal Jaguar. You could have Arwing Skells, and special missions that explore their characters. It would be so good!
I love Star Fox and want Krystal playable and I want a new Star Fox Adventures with multiple landing party members with their Smash movesets in use and then tons of interplanetary flying missions OH and a Space Academy to train your team and bro I want a giant ass Star Fox experience cause it's so much potential.

SPEN18

Smash Champion
And if the Switch 2 is actually backwards compatible, then I don’t think there’s really an issue at all if it’s released on the current console.
It would help, but doesn't fix everything. The issue is more the timing of their marketing cycles and peak purchasing periods being suboptimal for generating consumer interest, and the threat of getting quickly overshadowed by the hot Switch 2 launch titles.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It would help, but doesn't fix everything. The issue is more the timing of their marketing cycles and peak purchasing periods being suboptimal for generating consumer interest, and the threat of getting quickly overshadowed by the hot Switch 2 launch titles.
That’s fair. I was thinking more on the consumer end. I might have second thoughts buying a big new game for a console I’ll probably stop playing for a while when the successor comes out and might not want to plug it back in just to finish one game. However, I wouldn’t feel as rushed if I knew I could play it whenever I want on the Switch 2 without the hassle of bringing out a whole separate console.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hey guys, here's Xenoblade Chronicles X Rem-THE SWITCH 2 HAS A NEW 3D MARIO, MARIO KART 10, NEW FIRE EMBLEM, METROID PRIME 4, POKéMON LEGENDS Z-A, SPLATOON 4, AND 1-2-3 SWITCH!!!

OK maybe not that bad, but still potentially tragic.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
This is a separate topic, but I've been reflecting on something maybe a little controversial about Kirby's representation thus far. Bandana Dee was probably not in a real position to be playable in Smash 4, and arguably hadn't reached that level by the the time Ultimate character selection began either.

His major appearances had been regulated to spinoffs after RTDL, or a supporting background role in Triple Deluxe and Robobot. He has never been an obvious addition up until now. Making him playable in Smash 4, a roster which was decided in 2012, would have been in response to his role in a single game as the fourth most important character. Not that much of a breakout role yet. Without the hindsight bias, it's easy to write this off as something of a filler pick for P4.

He had upgraded into Player 2 in Rainbow Curse, but his most significant supporting role didn't come until he was established as the defacto player 2 in Forgotten Land (a "mainline" title). Even Star Allies, where he slotted in among the "core four" once again, came too late to influence Ultimate's roster. And at that point arguably applies less exclusively to him, because of the addition of more Dream Friends later. However it's worth mentioning that Bandana Dee actually the first Dream Friend you can summon in this one, so perhaps he's become Kirby's true BFF at this point.

So when we talk about how this apparent no brainer Kirby newcomer missed the boat for the last two games... it makes a lot of sense, really. Going completionist on a Player 4 character in a single game would be kind of an odd thing to do. Now with Forgotten Land under his belt, not only releasing with more optimal timing for roster consideration but also propelling Bandana Dee into his most important role yet, there's real incentive for them to have that conversation. But the more I've thought about it, the more I really don't think anyone can fault the team for not immediately backing this character with fairly inconsistent main series roles, and before both Star Allies and Forgotten Land. Which, mind you, are also two of Kirby's biggest successes to date.
Yeah, Bandana Dee's been consistently built up over time. He was just A Guy in the Megaton Punch minigame at first, and got used as a proxy for Waddle Dees as a whole in RtDL. He was mostly relegated to supporting roles, but he also showed up quite consistently, while Meta Knight and Dedede were sometimes pushed out of the scene entirely (Meta Knight didn't appear in Triple Deluxe, and Dedede only appeared in the opening and ending cutscenes for Planet Robobot). That said, he was also Kirby's No. 2 in Rainbow Curse and Battle Royale, so he wasn't just the item dealer.

Something worth mentioning is that according to a dev interview, Bandana Dee was actually going to be the singular Extra Mode character in Star Allies, which would've been pretty big. They only dropped that because it was an anniversary title, so they decided everyone should have an Extra Mode. Either way, it seems like they already saw him as a main character back then, especially since he was available in the base game and was the very first Dream Friend you'd meet before the updates. And now that he's the sole Player 2 in Forgotten Land, that more or less settles him as a major player. It would be nice to see him get an actual Extra Mode to himself, though.

But yeah, like you mentioned, when Ultimate was settled Bandana Dee only has RtDL and Rainbow Curse to his name. The other half of his resume was only hammered out after Ultimate had released. With all that in mind I'm pretty confident for his chances next game, but in hindsight his standing was kinda shaky during the leadup to Ultimate

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Something worth mentioning is that according to a dev interview, Bandana Dee was actually going to be the singular Extra Mode character in Star Allies
I had no idea about this, I've been rooting for him to have a dedicated extra mode for a little while now. I was actually kind of disappointed he didn't have one in Forgotten Land, since I didn't play the game co-op I've never really had the opportunity to play as him. And he's like... right there, he has a full moveset. At least let me try to run the arena with him or something, lol. Would have fit with how much of a focus Waddle Dees were in general.

But yeah, if BWD eventually gets his Meta Knightmare-esque mode I feel like that unofficially seals the deal on his graduation into main character status. I'd love to see how they could construct an adventure unique to him and maybe lean into his unexpected underdog role. Helper to Hero, as they say.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Something worth mentioning is that according to a dev interview, Bandana Dee was actually going to be the singular Extra Mode character in Star Allies, which would've been pretty big.
Huh...I didn't realize that. Now I'm honestly even sadder that BWD didn't get his own Extra Mode in Forgotten Land.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know what I just realized? Next Smash game will be in the whole AI era, we're sooooo gonna get deepfakes of Sakurai to "confirm" the legitimacy of "leaks". And with generative AI the entry barrier is significantly lower for people to make somewhat believable leaks, we might even get so many that nobody will be able to tell which ones are realistic lol
I gotta see it to believe it tbh, AI cannot even get close to replicating a real screen, character art, or gameplay without heavy human post-editing.

1718648424456.jpeg

1718648473669.jpeg

Ain’t no way one tool alone is pumping out images like these— the perfect dash of photoshop and decent art skills.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Seeing serious Xenoblade X remaster things for Direct predictions even though it would be infinitely better off on the Switch 2 if its rumored specs are at all true, as opposed to the Switch ☠

Anyway, I'm still on some pretty heavy copium for Rhythm Heaven or something, but I just really didn't expect 40 minutes of stuff, like that's a LONG Direct.

I will also say, I don't really expect Fire Emblem, Mario Party, or Prime 4, I feel like those would saved for Switch 2 at this point to bolster its launch window lineup, but obviously a bunch of stuff is still coming out anyway, so I could be entirely wrong. I'm basically not expecting any really big names unless it's something like a Kirby spin-off game like HAL does a lot or if Nintendo goes crazy and remakes a Mario & Luigi like Partners in Time to somehow awaken the entire trifecta after RPG and TTYD, but that also feels like cope on my part lol

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I gotta see it to believe it tbh, AI cannot even get close to replicating a real screen, character art, or gameplay without heavy human post-editing.

View attachment 391166
View attachment 391167

Ain’t no way one tool alone is pumping out images like these— the perfect dash of photoshop and decent art skills.
To be fair, that top image isn’t very convincing either. All the character face models look pretty off from what they’re supposed to be. I’ve been playing around with DALL-E 3 recently to make alternate versions of my own original characters and the results are actually really impressive. Since there’s no image to image yet, I basically describe what our characters look like in detail based on the most recent drawing we made for them. I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult for AI to make something at least on par with the top picture.

I’m not entirely sure how people do it but I know it’s possible to bypass whatever censor the system has and get it to generate images of copyrighted characters. I’ve seen quite a few examples of really impressive images of existing characters.

Last edited:

ScrubReborn

Smash Apprentice
Plus a lot of fans hold to a very rough notion of the more important characters being added first, which may hold on the surface level of Mario being added multiple games before Little Mac was, but in reality is very far from consistent, completely ignores contexts for why certain characters were added or not added at certain points in history, and sometimes even breaks down completely when it comes to characters who simply weren't feasible, licensable, or even existent when Smash rosters prior were decided.
An easy example of this is the fact some people have argued Zero Suit Samus would definitely get prioritized over Ridley largely because she's been here longer, when like... i don't think that's how it'd really work. 'Pecially when praticial issues were the main reason he didn't get in much earlier.

Until they notice Waluigi having six fingers and having a right-side-up L on his cap.
And his CSS name is Warigi or something

Anyway, I'm still on some pretty heavy copium for Rhythm Heaven or something, but I just really didn't expect 40 minutes of stuff, like that's a LONG Direct.
Especially when it won't have any Switch 2 information in it. They can't have that much for the Switch when they're about to jump ship can they?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To be fair, that top image isn’t very convincing either. All the character face models look pretty off from what they’re supposed to be. I’ve been playing around with DALL-E 3 recently to make alternate versions of my own original characters and the results are actually really impressive. Since there’s no image to image yet, I basically describe what our characters look like in detail based on the most recent drawing we made for them. I wouldn’t think it would be too difficult for AI to make something at least on par with the top picture.
Yes the art isn’t good, but it will be more convincing than what AI could currently do.

If it can make something on par, then I challenge you to generate a fake leak by describing any character in DALL-E and posting the results. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Yes the art isn’t good, but it will be more convincing than what AI could currently do.

If it can make something on par, then I challenge you to generate a fake leak by describing any character in DALL-E and posting the results. :4pacman:
Unfortunately, I don’t personally know how to bypass that censor that doesn’t allow copyrighted characters.

The best I can do is link to the thread I made here sharing a ton of images I made for our own characters. The ones on the top two posts are my brother and my original images. The pictures on the bottom few posts are the images we generated in DALL-E 3 for those same characters just by describing what they look like in the prompt. We were going for a comic art style so they don’t really work for leaks since they’re usually 3D models but I know DALL-E 3 is capable of that as well.

That is an interesting challenge though. Maybe I’ll talk to someone in Discord that knows how to generate existing characters and see if I can learn how to do it myself and see if I can generate something on par with that image. I’ve seen a ton of really impressive AI generations of Sonic, Zelda, and Peach people were sharing on Discord and GameFAQS so I know it’s possible to make impressive images.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I dunno, Isaac having brown hair and Ken being ****ing Pissed seem like mistakes AI would make.

Borskaboska

Smash Rookie
An easy example of this is the fact some people have argued Zero Suit Samus would definitely get prioritized over Ridley largely because she's been here longer, when like... i don't think that's how it'd really work. 'Pecially when praticial issues were the main reason he didn't get in much earlier.
I've always held that ZSS is more likely to stay than Ridley, and honestly more than a lot of the cast that others would consider locks, purely because she's the only non-magical woman fighter. While weather a character is requested is important, I think something that the smash team considers when making rosters that the fanbase doesnt is diversity of archetypes. (I mean, unless its complaining about too many swordies.) But i can totally see them deciding to keep the one first party female martial artist over the third fire breathing dragon if they really had to make cuts. Especially with modes like spirit battles, where similar characters are used to represent those that werent included, so having a wide variety in the cast is even more important.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
Idk.
AI like Bing still struggles to generate images of licensed characters correctly. through, except the very well known ones like Shrek or Goku.
I don't think late 2025 or 2026 (when i expect the game to be anounced) will be much diferent in terms of AI's accuracy, so i dont expect next's game be impacted by AI very much, except maybe someone making their own custom AI for creating Smash renders of characters or gameplay screenhots, which is not a low entry barrier AT ALL to do.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I've always held that ZSS is more likely to stay than Ridley, and honestly more than a lot of the cast that others would consider locks, purely because she's the only non-magical woman fighter. While weather a character is requested is important, I think something that the smash team considers when making rosters that the fanbase doesnt is diversity of archetypes. (I mean, unless its complaining about too many swordies.) But i can totally see them deciding to keep the one first party female martial artist over the third fire breathing dragon if they really had to make cuts. Especially with modes like spirit battles, where similar characters are used to represent those that werent included, so having a wide variety in the cast is even more important.
I feel this is a pretty minimalist way at looking at the characters.

Firstly, ZSS isn't the only non-magical female fighter, base Samus is an immediate example that comes to mind.

Secondly, that pigeonholes multiple characters into one group when they're very distinct and unique from each other. Not even getting into the argument of whether she counts to your point, Bayonetta does not play anything like Zelda, nor does either really play like Peach, and that applies to most other examples. If the team is prioritizing keeping multiple movesets, then the majority of those 'magical women fighters' would be kept since there's a large variety to them, their portrayals, and how they play that is not being expressed in how you're describing them.

That also applies to the 'fire breathing dragons' as Bowser, Charizard, and Ridley do not play the same at all either and are pretty distinct from each other.

Thirdly, pigeonholing characters into moveset archetypes ignores other factors that would be considered for keeping them. Ridley for instance isn't just 'fire breathing dragon', he's the archnemesis to the main protagonist who commonly appears in his franchise and is a major fan requests. There's multiple reasons to keep characters on top of moveset consideration, and Ridley does have multiple reasons to consider, and that applies to many other characters.

Moveset is a factor to consider, but you're approaching the idea of that importance by diminishing other important aspects of many characters. Ridley does not look, play, or act the same as Charizard, Peach does not play, act, or look the same as Palutena, and so on. There's more to these characters that are not being given credit in this argument and the development team would have more consideration to those aspects.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Alright, I’ll just show comparison of one of our original drawings with the DALL-E 3 generation just to show how close it can get just by description. Of course it’s not going to get every detail completely right but you can easily tell that it’s the same character. If it wasn’t immediately obvious, our drawing is the first one and the DALL-E 3 generation is the other.

1718652910590.png
1718652952066.png

I would say the DALL-E 3 version of our character looks more like the original than most of those leaked models looked like who they were supposed to be, especially Isaac. I think with enough effort and generations, this could easily extend to existing video game characters. Particularly ones with simple designs.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

View attachment 391166
View attachment 391167

Very true, I don't think ai will be competitive with the truly convincing leaks. The main issue I foresee is that with a tinge of motion blur you can create something with zero effort that at least one person on social media will glance at, not think about, and believe instantly. Like, the entry barrier to leaks just got nuked all the way to zero.

Example:
Screenshot 2024-06-17 150342.png

Decided to test and see how easy it would be for someone with absolutely zero tech skills to make leaks now. Used Bing's free one, so like literally anyone could do this. Obviously doesn't look very convincing, but this zoomed-in 100% real gameplay screenshot of Waluigi in Smash 100 took around 20 seconds to generate and 10 more to apply motion blur to. 30 seconds. And again this was done with something free, lord knows what people can do with the paid stuff. Would something like that convince the community at large? Absolutely not, never in a million years. Could it convince a couple people scrolling through twitter? Unfortunately, I could see that happening, you know, despite Waluigi's neon green socks here or the obvious red flags of motion blur and not taking an image of the whole screen lol. I've seen some people fall for some insanely bad leaks before, like worse than even this garbage you're seeing here. I think people legit start believing purely because they want something to be real sometimes. So literally anything even remotely convincing can work unfortunately.

It's not looking good imo, there are actually going to be people non-stop posting stuff like this and with how little attention people pay to images online, they will inevitably get some believers. Well, at least temporarily. And ofc, anyone actually putting in effort can just get rid of Waluigi's weird green socks here, add some definition to his hand on the right and put him in another background that looks more legitimate.
Idk.
AI like Bing still struggles to generate images of licensed characters correctly. through, except the very well known ones like Shrek or Goku.
I don't think late 2025 or 2026 (when i expect the game to be anounced) will be much diferent in terms of AI's accuracy, so i dont expect next's game be impacted by AI very much, except maybe someone making their own custom AI for creating Smash renders of characters or gameplay screenhots, which is not a low entry barrier AT ALL to do.
I hope you're right that it won't be impacted much but I feel accuracy isn't really important for a fake leaker. Like, most of these people just want to convince some people and that's it, so making something kinda crappy super easily feels like the problem to me. I assume it doesn't really matter to them if you or I can see through it as long as they trick someone, anyone really. I do think you're right though that unconventional characters will be nearly impossible for them to fake though, so that's good at least.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The big question Direct wise is what will Nintendo's big holiday game be for 2024?

-3D Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 4, 3D Kirby, and 3D Zelda are likely being saved for Switch 2 (and given TotK came out last year the latter might still be some ways off)
-Pokémon has already announced its next mainline title is coming in 2025.

As far as major sellers, this leaves us with a few options left:
-New Mario Party as it's been a few years since Superstars and those always sell big
-Metroid Prime 4 with the idea of using the hype for that game to actually elevate the series typically successful, yet modest sales
-2D Zelda as that could have had a separate team from TotK and it's been some time since the Link's Awakening remake
-A 2D or 3D Donkey Kong to basically do for Switch what Returns did for the Wii in 2010

All feel like hypotheticals, though I full admit the DK is wishcasting on my part.

Last edited:

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
Personally I'm extremely excited for this direct. For years people have laughed at us, telling us that we're jumping the gun and that he doesn't even have a personality and that he's lame and dumb and stupid. But no more. The #SyluxSquad had lied in wait this entire time, plotting to undercut those who judge us. Tomorrow will be judgement day, the day Prime 4 is finally exalted to its rightful throne, our glorious enemy of the Galactic Federation rendered in beautiful PS3 level graphics. Those who doubted Sylux will weep. Those who are aware may only nod silently.

I'd recommend stocking up now, because you might not survive what will soon come.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Dear god.....
I mean Nintendo has demonstrated a willingness to
take formerly mobile content and put into a console release like they did with Tour tracks to the Booster Course Pass, so DL finally ending up on Switch in its final year makes about as much sense as anything.

Nickthebrick1

Smash Cadet

I’m not entirely sure how people do it but I know it’s possible to bypass whatever censor the system has and get it to generate images of copyrighted characters. I’ve seen quite a few examples of really impressive images of existing characters.
You know, I really don't get it. Why do people go through the trouble of creating fake smash leaks? Like what even is the point?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Unfortunately, I don’t personally know how to bypass that censor that doesn’t allow copyrighted characters.
According to Zerp you just gotta use Bing :p

Very true, I don't think ai will be competitive with the truly convincing leaks. The main issue I foresee is that with a tinge of motion blur you can create something with zero effort that at least one person on social media will glance at, not think about, and believe instantly. Like, the entry barrier to leaks just got nuked all the way to zero.

Example: View attachment 391175

Decided to test and see how easy it would be for someone with absolutely zero tech skills to make leaks now. Used Bing's free one, so like literally anyone could do this. Obviously doesn't look very convincing, but this zoomed-in 100% real gameplay screenshot of Waluigi in Smash 100 took around 20 seconds to generate and 10 more to apply motion blur to. 30 seconds. And again this was done with something free, lord knows what people can do with the paid stuff. Would something like that convince the community at large? Absolutely not, never in a million years. Could it convince a couple people scrolling through twitter? Unfortunately, I could see that happening, you know, despite Waluigi's neon green socks here or the obvious red flags of motion blur and not taking an image of the whole screen lol. I've seen some people fall for some insanely bad leaks before, like worse than even this garbage you're seeing here. I think people legit start believing purely because they want something to be real sometimes. So literally anything even remotely convincing can work unfortunately.

It's not looking good imo, there are actually going to be people non-stop posting stuff like this and with how little attention people pay to images online, they will inevitably get some believers. Well, at least temporarily. And ofc, anyone actually putting in effort can just get rid of Waluigi's weird green socks here, add some definition to his hand on the right and put him in another background that looks more legitimate.
Well, that’s easy to fix. We cannot take any motion blur leaks seriously.
  • 2014 E3 leaks were angled, but definitely not shaky. Insert photoshopped Little Mac for Shulk and all that, still turned out to be true.
  • 2018 Ken leaks weren’t shaky either. Thankfully nobody thought he was photoshopped… I hope.

I want to see what the unblurred fake Waluigi looks like. Release that man from his prison! :sakbanjo:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
I actually have seen a bunch of fake Smash renders just using Bing AI, for more popular characters you can get something that looks like okay enough that with a few touches you could make a fake CSS, but it couldn't land someone like Reimu well. I think fake CSS leaks are gonna be the big thing that AI unfortunately expedites, you can get something pretty close and toss it in fairly easily alongside your typical fake screenshots. Not much you can do there.

On the bright side it means you can't use AI to get a render for anybody who isn't in a TikTok sigma edit with 2 million views.

Top Bottom