• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I dunno where you’ve been
Not Twitter, is that where you've seen it?

If the answer is yes, I still won't start using it just for the sake of seeing Incineroar hate.

Last edited:

The SafeKeeper

Smash Cadet
It’ll be one newcomer out of 20 or something. I’m sure there’ll be some big third party or classic Nintendo character you can put your energy into. No need to focus on what only seems to upset you.
I think people wouldn't be quite so receptive to the idea of more Pokémon reps if the developers were just a little more creative in who they chose. We all know that when the next Smash game eventually comes out, the new Pokémon rep is either going to be a starter or one of the five mons the fanbase latches onto each generation (think Lucario for Gen 4 etc).

If they dug deep into their library of 1000+ Pokémon and gave us something truly random, maybe Smash fans wouldn't roll their eyes quite so much.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Easier said then done considering how hard it was to get away from people treating you-know-who like Cat Jesus.
Except no one does, you're just making up a strawman.

People don't care if you don't like the character, that's fine. The problem is you can't seem to go one post without randomly bashing the character and it's repetitive. At sone point you just have to move on, holding a vendetta against a video game character to the point that it leaks into most conversations you have is not good.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
Which was a direct response to people treating it like Cat Satan. I dunno where you’ve been but Incineroar hate is still the wave, his fans are just a little outspoken because they have to be.

And once again you can ignore them. Literally no law states you have to engage with people who like a fictional mascot that you don’t.
Like I said yesterday, this bull**** has been going on for roughly six years now. People were bashing on Incineroar and anyone who supported it even before Ultimate was officially announced.

It's all so ****ing tiring.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
How about a little change of topic?

Are there any other Namco reps you guys would like to see in Smash?
I think they should add Gilgamesh, Taira no Kagekiyo, Mappy, Valkyrie, Bravoman, Sharon E'Halles, Taizo Hori, Toby Masuyo, the Red Baron, Rick Taylor, Albatross and Leila, Tarosuke, Dweeb, the Composite Steel Gunner Robot (TM), Wonder Momo, Alice, Hiromi Tengenji and-yeah I just want a Namco Museum fighting game

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think people wouldn't be quite so receptive to the idea of more Pokémon reps if the developers were just a little more creative in who they chose. We all know that when the next Smash game eventually comes out, the new Pokémon rep is either going to be a starter or one of the five mons the fanbase latches onto each generation (think Lucario for Gen 4 etc).

If they dug deep into their library of 1000+ Pokémon and gave us something truly random, maybe Smash fans wouldn't roll their eyes quite so much.
Hey man, I got no issue with eye-rolls. If you don't like the way the Pocket Monsters franchise is handled in Smash, by all means. I think it could be a bit more varied too.

It's 30+ year old adults holding childish grudges on digital mascots that rubs me the wrong way :dkmelee:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The problem is you can't seem to go one post without randomly bashing the character and it's repetitive. At sone point you just have to move on, holding a vendetta against a video game character to the point that it leaks into most conversations you have is not good.
I am able to talk about things other than my hatred of Incineroar. Just look at most of the posts I've made ITT this year, you'll see I'm not some repetitive machine programmed to only go Incineroar Bad.

The SafeKeeper

Smash Cadet
It's 30+ year old adults holding childish grudges on digital mascots that rubs me the wrong way :dkmelee:
Oh, yeah, absolutely. I was just commenting on the general apathy Smash fans have towards Pokémon, not whatever Incineroar debate you guys have going on up there. 😅

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Anyway

If they held another Smash ballot how do you think it’d go?

Ignoring Goku and meme picks like Shrek, who do you think would get the most votes? What political campaigns would people make this time around?
Watch people ask for Waluigi again :dkmelee:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Watch people ask for Waluigi again :troll:
Did Waluigi get a lot of votes on the ballot? Most people acted like it was solely for one DLC slot in Smash 4, and that it wouldn't involve an AT promo.

On the other hand, Ridley and Dark Samus managed to get enough votes. Considering both her AT and the fact that she was always in Ridley's shadow (who couldn't be, he's too big) I'm surprised she even got far enough to be an echo.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Anyway

Ignoring Goku and meme picks like Shrek, who do you think would get the most votes? What political campaigns would people make this time around?
Waluigi or Geno. Likely the former.

That said, considering Sora and Banjo & Kazooie were able to get in because of the Ballot, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big push for characters like Crash Bandicoot, Master Chief or an indie title like an Undertale character or the Knight from Hollow Knight. All I'm saying is that after Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Castlevania, Chrom and King K. Rool were able to get in from the Ballot, the next Ballot will be taken just as seriously if not even more serious than the last one.

Edit: I can also see there being a much bigger push for Isaac.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
All I'm saying is that after Sora, Banjo & Kazooie, Castlevania, Chrom and King K. Rool were able to get in from the Ballot, the next Ballot will be taken just as seriously if not even more serious than the last one.
At least people will know it's not going to only be for one single character next time.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Anyway

Excluding Japan, probably Master Chief, Crash, Geno, Waluigi, Dante, Doom Slayer, Tails/Knuckles/Eggman/Shadow... maybe Sans, possibly Isaac if that fanbase can reignite like they did for the first ballot, and any characters in the Smash sphere who are lucky enough to have a release around the ballot.

If DK is revived by then, maybe Dixie as well.

It's hard to say who would actually get the most votes, though. Again excluding Japan, maybe Chief, Crash or Waluigi.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Anyway

This is honestly a really interesting question! I'm going to answer assuming there aren't any cuts since - if the last ballot was any indication, it would otherwise largely be cut veterans topping the charts, and we can't say who those cut veterans would even be.

I think Geno would do very well though how well exactly is hard to pinpoint. SMRPG's remake would have not only reinvigorated interest in the character but gave existing supporters something to latch onto. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the decision to remake SMRPG came from Geno's cult following and a desire to see if that translated to commercial success. But then, SMRPG is also just a very beloved game, so that might be a reach. I know the G-word has a bit of a reputation around here and I'm not even super crazy about the character myself, but I do think he'd perform very well.

Bandana Waddle Dee is another character I think would perform well. He's always had a very consistent baseline of support. While I think Magolor would be the better choice for a fourth Kirby rep, personally, Bandana Waddle Dee's popularity can't be denied, and I imagine Kirby fans would put aside such things to rally behind the character.

I'll edit this post as I have further thoughts on the matter, but these two certainly stand out to me from the standpoint of gauging what The People™ want.

The SafeKeeper

Smash Cadet
Anyway

I don't know about the overall winner, but I'd expect Waluigi to be up there given how the memes blew up after he was deconfirmed for Ultimate. Sakurai is no fool; he added a character like Ridley specifically because he was aware of how badly the West wanted him, so I could see the same thing happening with Waluigi.

Or maybe he'll continue the joke of Waluigi being a perpetual loser. That works too.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
How would you react if we got a second Wii Fit character?

What would they even be?
The only other option would be the Wii Balance Board, wouldn't it be?

Considering aside from the Wii Fit Trainer, the only other characters were Mii characters IIRC. Not to mention the Balance Board was a character in Mario Maker 1.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
How would you react if we got a second Wii Fit character?

What would they even be?
It would kinda have to be the Balance Board, wouldn't it? Our other option would be... Ray the coach from Rhythm Boxing, and that would just be another Mii.

Also hop off Villager, that kid's my main and they're one of the few ways I get to play as a black character in this game :glare:

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
You know who would also be an interesting (though rather obscure) Capcom rep for Smash?

Garcian Smith (Killer7)

Gene from God Hand would also be pretty cool, but still improbable.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It would kinda have to be the Balance Board, wouldn't it? Our other option would be... Ray the coach from Rhythm Boxing, and that would just be another Mii.

Also hop off Villager, that kid's my main and they're one of the few ways I get to play as a black character in this game :glare:
Hey man, I think Villager is a good addition and should be included.

He just does nothing for me personally. Animal Crossing as a whole is kind of like that for me. Isabelle has endeared herself to me due to memes and general cuteness. She's the weird exception.

Would this count? It is the spiritual successor of Wii Fit.
No. It's technically it's own IP.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
While I'm not complaining that we got K. Rool and the rest of Ultimate's roster, to this day I'm still kinda astonished that Dixie of all characters never made it into the final roster.
It's probably for the best though. There wasn't any more room for unique characters in base, so if she got in it probably would've been as like a Chrom-style echo. Now if and when she gets in we're at the point where being unique seems likelier.

If you're a character that can make it in as an original, better to wait it out a game rather than getting cloned like Wario did than show up earlier but get stuck spending 20+ years getting slowly decloned like Ganondorf.

May your most wanted forever be only Mii Costumes at best. :wario:
Hey now no need to go casting one of the unforgivable curses, at least do me the courtesy of getting the character and then having people **** on them for six+ years.

Fit Wendu : You may not be obese, but we do not grant you the rank of healthy.
That's the sweet spot

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Yeah my immediate thought was the balance board, but I'd have to think about how that would work.

And yeah, no, I'd stop short of calling Ring Fit a successor to Wii Fit. It did take up the mantle as Nintendo's premier exergame offering on Switch, but two games sharing a genre (and not even completely, given Ring Fit's RPG elements) does not give them that strong a connection.

Laniv

Smash Champion
While I'm not complaining that we got K. Rool and the rest of Ultimate's roster, to this day I'm still kinda astonished that Dixie of all characters never made it into the final roster.
Makes me wonder what post-Brawl games would have been like if Sakurai had managed to make Diddy and Dixie into a tag-team. (Personally, I'm glad Diddy is solo.)

Top Bottom