• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next public release inclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
So obviously turbo mode will be in the next release of PM. It looks awesome, but I wanted to know what other things could be included in the next release. For example, do you think we'll see any other characters such as Kirby for example? Obviously with the hats I understand it can take a while, but he's a fun character to play. Plus the inclusion of being able to play on created stages would be a nice addition.
Any thoughts?

MVP

Smash Ace
I want, hope, pray, and think the next character installment will be Samus. She is the most plausible to because they imported zss without samus. Everyone is anxious to see samus be the next character

Oracle

Smash Master
the pmbr teamed up with the mlp: fighting is magic team and so the six unreleased characters are being replaced with the six main ponies. how much did you really want olimar in pm?

oops that was supposed to stay secret

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
She is the most plausible to because they imported zss without samus.
Not to shoot down your theory (I also expect Samus in the next release for other reasons), but the inclusion of ZSS in 2.5 does nothing to increase the potential of Samus being added since they are coded as 2 separate and individual characters, and clearly they are able to function one without the other.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Kinda hard to say for which characters will be released first, since they all have their problems holding them back. Kirby has to adjust his Copy ability; Samus' physics are all kinds of ****ed up; Nana's AI is acting up; Yoshi, same as Samus; and Meta ***** and Olimar, being super good Brawl characters, are getting dat mega tweak. So I'll just assume all characters will be on there.

Release date for 3.0? Prolly around March 2015. By which time ZSS and Sonic will have successfully dethroned the spacies.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing the release date will be some time this August after Evo some time. I guess that Samus and possibly 1-2 other characters will be released along with it, as well as maybe a stage change or addition.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Kinda hard to say for which characters will be released first, since they all have their problems holding them back. Kirby has to adjust his Copy ability;
Kirby's hats (Even for characters like Lucas) have been stated to be very much possible to code. It is much more reasonable to conclude his problems are more to do with the fact that the rest of the roster is not complete yet.

MVP

Smash Ace
Not to shoot down your theory (I also expect Samus in the next release for other reasons), but the inclusion of ZSS in 2.5 does nothing to increase the potential of Samus being added since they are coded as 2 separate and individual characters, and clearly they are able to function one without the other.
The reason why it increases samus' chances of being imported, is because remember when 2.5 was released and Zss was official and samus was not? people were ticked. Imagine 3.0 without samus, people will troll and rampage all over the threads. I seriously don't believe that the community has zero impact on the PMBR. They're doing this for the fans so i'd think they'd try hard to get samus in this time

himemiya

Smash Lord
I don't know why its taking so long with mk/yoshi. I expect oilmar to have an less campy playstyles. I hope mk is still god-tier status. I guess that the next demo could be released in the end of summer.

MVP

Smash Ace
So, it's more likely that Samus's bugs will be fixed and she'll be properly finished... Because people will be mad if she's not?
No, there are many reasons why she will be released. I'm trying to show one point of view kink.

People need to note take posts so literally. Obviously there are other reasons

Forlorn Penguin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ForlornPenguin
I'd like to see Olimar come in because one of my friends played him when we used to play vBrawl. I'd like to see how he plays Olimar in PM. Over anything else though, I want a new utilt for Ganondorf. His current one is useless. At the very least, just make it be the same as Captain Falcon's.

MegaGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yung_Mega
3DS FC
5043-2216-2465
I'd like to see Olimar come in because one of my friends played him when we used to play vBrawl. I'd like to see how he plays Olimar in PM. Over anything else though, I want a new utilt for Ganondorf. His current one is useless. At the very least, just make it be the same as Captain Falcon's.
Technically it's the same motion, only with more POWER. That being said, unless MK or Oli are getting a new neutral B, Kirby could very well be in the next release, but that's just speculation obviously. MK's still my most anticipated addition, he's a pretty cool guy~

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I can't wait till Samus and Olimar is released! I'm hoping they announce another character soon because the anticipation is killing me

Chaud

Smash Rookie
the pmbr teamed up with the mlp: fighting is magic team and so the six unreleased characters are being replaced with the six main ponies. how much did you really want olimar in pm?

oops that was supposed to stay secret
Don't spread bad rumors.

Chaud

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping to see Samus. his gameplay was like Donkey Kong but with projectiles. They more than likely would nerf his Down-tilt because of the incredible knockback and speed.

9bit_alt

Banned via Warnings
I'm hoping to see Samus. his gameplay was like Donkey Kong but with projectiles. They more than likely would nerf his Down-tilt because of the incredible knockback and speed.
Gamer Cred -1

But I agree, I'm really looking forward to playing as Samus. I really enjoyed her in Melee.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I am looking forward to see your reactions when you realized we removed Metaknight and replaced him with Reggie Fils Aimé. He takes your tag when he takes a stock from you.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Samus is quite the popular lady, isn't she? Well, you know what they say... hot women can get away with murder... and blowing up planets.

Vashimus

Smash Master
Samus plays absolutely nothing like DK.

Down-tilt will be restored to the Melee one. But even if D-tilt did have incredible knockback like the Brawl one, they wouldn't nerf it. See: Fox's Up Smash.

Also, yeah. What 9bit said. HIS?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom