• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Lets just all agree as of this moment that Cacomallow is officially dead at this point.
I literally have arguments in the Geno thread about how making all these costumes ahead of time makes no sense from a Game Dev pipeline viewpoint. Having things sit around means you're more likely to lose the assets in case something bad happens. Or they get leaked out. How they have to rework them and do a bunch of programming all over again due to some new bugs the fighter they come with introduces.

But they don't listen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Anyone know?
The only mention of Ori was by the Asscioate of Cat leaker guy that talked to Papagenos. It seems though that probably was for New Ori Port perhaps

Mii Costume guy did Mention Hollow Knight, along with Kris form Deltarune

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Given how Suda's "no comment" happened recently and we all know that he was very vocal of his Travis support before that, it seems like Mii Costume negotiations can happen relatively close to their creation and release. At the very least I think we can be certain that the Mii Costumes are not planned out as far in advance as the fighter pass.

SKX31

Smash Master
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only mention of Ori was by the Asscioate of Cat leaker guy that talked to Papagenos. It seems though that probably was for New Ori Port perhaps

Mii Costume guy did Mention Hollow Knight, along with Kris form Deltarune
Then again LoL rumor also mentioned hollow knight AND the ToM spirits which came true. I’ll give Hollow Knight one more wave to show up before I discard the LoL rumor

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Given how Suda's "no comment" happened recently and we all know that he was very vocal of his Travis support before that, it seems like Mii Costume negotiations can happen relatively close to their creation and release. At the very least I think we can be certain that the Mii Costumes are not planned out as far in advance as the fighter pass.
Another thing that pretty much solidifies that CacoMallow is fake.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
All we have left from the Smash 4 Mii costume stash is:

• Chocobo
• Geno
• Lloyd Irving
• 2 Monster Hunter costumes

Barring Chocobo, all of the remaining costumes have pretty big fan bases backing them. I’m really curious to see if any of them will survive these next few reveals.
Chocobo and Geno imply a Square character. Geno has a chance of being a fighter. Lloyd would either get promoted or return with another Bandai Namco franchise, but one would wonder what it is when a lot of them are already DoA or so it would seem. The Monster Hunter costumes being missing are quite interesting when there's already MH content in the game, but I feel as if we're not getting another Capcom rep and MH might have been something that was tossed out cause they for some reason couldn't get it work?

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
Funny how 3 of my most wanted are now mii costumes, Rex, Springman, and now Travis.... I don't know if Rex still has a chance, but with things are going lately I'm not confident, well nothing I can do about this

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I just realized that there wasn't a "What is Minecraft" section in the presentation. I guess they skipped that part because literally everyone already know what Minecraft is.
The presentation would have been like an hour and a half if we saw that and also Sakurai's Minecraft worlds.

7NATOR

Smash Master
In terms of this "M theory" I'm hearing about, I highly doubt it has an affect on playable characters.

Persona 5 is an M rated game, and it was "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Persona 5". For Mii Fighters, sure. I could see them toning that stuff down. But I don't think it'll impact playable fighters.
I think there was speculation that The ESRB had a rule change AFTER Joker came out, but Sometime before Byleth came out, since it was noticed that the Fighter Pass 1 Picture did not have logos on it, and it was speculated it was because of New ESRB rule

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just realized that there wasn't a "What is Minecraft" section in the presentation. I guess they skipped that part because literally everyone already know what Minecraft is.
Minecraft is more than just a game. It’s a CULTURAL JUGGERNAUT.

yeah, FPV2 will probably even exceed FPV1 in sales at this point, calling it

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
They should have done that segment anyway but have Sakurai just cold stare at the camera for ten seconds like "y'all already ****ing know"

Hokori

Great King of Evil
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
Forget the "And this is why people give Geno fans a hard time" talk.

This right here is why people have a problem with the Smash fanbase in general.

For what? For why?

Damn.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Minecraft is one of the very few games that I'd be surprised if even sheltered or non-adventurous gamers didn't know about. Stuff like Fatal Fury I can understand even if I knew of SNK when I was young but I'd be legit shocked if I didn't see anyone who didn't know what Minecraft was.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Despite the Knight being in my list of charcaters I want in Smash, I think I'll be okay with him as Mii costume, if the rumor turns out to be true...
But in that case he must come with at least one song!

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Steve's going to be incredibly wonky in competitive play. Even disregarding the potentially polarizing mechanics, Steve will only be able to access certain materials on certain stages:
  • Battlefield and Final Destination will be his standard stages since he gets everything there assuming they work the same as the Battlefield and Omega forms. Even if they don't, they'll likely be allowed to use those forms since they're the same stage.
  • Smashville and Town and City will only yield wood, which means that they'll probably be his worst stages.
  • Kalos Pokémon League and Lylat Cruise will probably only yield iron, which probably means that they'll be his best stages.
  • I have no idea what Pokémon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Story will yield.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People on Geno thread are claiming that since Steve was in development talks for 5 years that proofs that they can still be "saving" Cacomallow for later.
Apples and oranges, you can’t compare a full character with a special complex mechanic that would require that long to get right, to a heckin COSTUME

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ho-lee-****, I can't BELIEVE how overcomplicated that is.

I am NEVER playing this character.

RIP Travis...

Why isn't Bomberman a Gunner? At least then he'd have access to explosives.

Also Bomberman costume means Shovel Knight Swordfighter is on the table!

Gotta say, but no F Byleth amiibo is pretty lame sauce.
I'm still annoyed there aren't 4 Hero Amiibos.

Last edited:

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
That's priceless. Weren't Geno leakers hyping up the next Smash reveal to be Geno as well back in July or whenever we had the first partner showcase?
I think the worst is when some of them believe Geno is an E3 level reveal. Seeing all that has happened, I'd say chances are likely that Steve was the planned E3 bomb, especially with his costumes...

In some way, I kinda wish Geno could make it in so that the fandom can finally die. But it's really tough to see that happen with Geno's origins and small reach, overall. A costume is more acknowledgement than the character deserves, in my opinion, simply because he's never had more than 1 game. How many franchises are in Smash with only 1 game, after all? Min-Min from ARMS? Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt? That's really not a lot, and there's obviously more going on with those select few through nostalgia, everybody returns, and pushing new icons for the Switch in Min-Min's case. Even Wii Fit Trainer has more than 1 appearance, so that's saying a lot.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Steve's going to be incredibly wonky in competitive play. Even disregarding the potentially polarizing mechanics, Steve will only be able to access certain materials on certain stages:
  • Battlefield and Final Destination will be his standard stages since he gets everything there assuming they work the same as the Battlefield and Omega forms. Even if they don't, they'll likely be allowed to use those forms since they're the same stage.
  • Smashville and Town and City will only yield wood, which means that they'll probably be his worst stages.
  • Kalos Pokémon League and Lylat Cruise will probably only yield iron, which probably means that they'll be his best stages.
  • I have no idea what Pokémon Stadium and Yoshi's Story will yield.
Counter Picking is really gonna matter for Steve
Like it's more than just blastzones and platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom