• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I haven't played Minecraft since the beta, but Steve and company, and the stage, look interesting. We're getting more information on Saturday at 10:30 eastern time.

D

Deleted member

Starting to regret getting the Fighter's Pass. Guess we know why it took awhile for him; they had to reprogram stages to be able to have blocks built up in them. Man...this pass is 0/2 with me. Still 4 left to go, but I have to wait til January now to get excited again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
He seems to have Hero on steroids level of options. I really wasn't expecting that until Z Huge posted. They have basically incorporated everything. Plz no fall damage though. I am pretty pleased with this. I hope the music gets altered some more since I think I heard a non remixed Sweden but it probably will. I'm glad Steve and the others are here. Suddenly Fortnite doesn't seem so unlikely (jk).

FJA147

Smash Cadet
I am actually super happy because I’m on the younger side of the spectrum and I had grown up playing a lot of Minecraft and it looks like an interesting moveset. This was one of my most wanted characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well.

Anyone else still processing that?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Steve was not even on my radar. Sakurai just dished out a curveball and I got caught looking, holy ****.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I thought it was going to be Geno with the Mario focus in the trailer lol. Well I don't mind Steve too much and Minecraft is the biggest selling game in the world.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Hey man this is all gravy for me; not only does he look like a rad addition, but it indicates that major third parties are still on the table.

Sidenote: RIP to the man in green
maybe next smash

Staarih

Smash Master
I think the janky look on Steve is something people will get used to once he's actually in the game.

I love the inclusion, definitely something a minority actually expected, even though (as Sakurai himself said), Minecraft is the biggest game in the world. Can't wait for the in-depth presentation.

Also, I'm soooo relieved we finally know another character! Speculation ought to get interesting after this haha!

Faso115

Smash Lord
With all the slow loading of the site i would believe Crash Bandicoot got announced. But we got Minecraft

Cool! The drought of info is clearly a nod to survival mode guys, it was all meant to be /s

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Well, been a long while since I've been here. Good to know the love for Smash rekindles bright as ever whenever a newcomer reveal comes up.

It's still funny that after all this time, we don't have any solid pattern to work with, but that does have to do with how varied the choices of Fighters Pass 1 have been from each other. So while I dare not name any specific predictions in seriousness, I do feel that certain loose similarities will remain constant.

So if I'm going to make some noncommittal bets on FP7, it'll be thus:
1. The character choice will largely make sense from a Japan-centric point of view.
2. It's going to be a third-party.
3. Majority of people are going to be largely wrong about who it is, as the choice will be someone largely absent from speculation.
4. If 3 isn't true, then it's Geno, Sora, Arle, Dante, Doomguy, or Waluigi.

Man, still getting all tingly with anticipation. And I'm not even really invested in whoever shows up anymore.
Oh look, I was right.

Steve had fallen off the face of the earth of speculation without Banjo to bring up Microsoft's involvement anymore, but Banjo did open that door for Steve in the first place. Congrats to Smash Bros. for once again getting the drop on the entire speculation sphere (besides you true Stevebros, of course.)

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Jeez, I knew people didn't take Steve seriously, but I'm surprised that not as many people here were won over by his moveset.

I've got to say though, it is kinda ironic how people were begging for the character to be a huge third-party and not something like Pokémon. That's exactly what happened...and people are mad.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Well I can't lie, I'm disappointed, and yet glad for those who wanted Steve. Congratulations Steve supports, I can't believe h-

Wait a minute...
I got Sora, hooray! Who did you guys get?

C'mon Sora... Yes, Sora

Instantly remembers when my Birthday is

What! Steve? fists in the air NOOOOO!
O_o

I brought about my own downfall...

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hey

you guys realize

vergeben was right ALL ALONG about the Minecraft content

I wonder where he is now 🤔
I doubt they were already planning this all the way back when Vergeben leaked the base game. FP2 definitely would've been planned later.

One thing I will have to say is that judging from what played in the trailer, at least you don't have to worry about Minecraft music being too bland for battle.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Master Cheif's hopes and dreams just went up in flames today. Pour one out for the good cheif my dudes. :(

But really, this is the curveball of all curveballs. I would have never expected Steve and yet here he was revealed today. Hopefully, this means that the Pass isn't full of the same rumored characters like some people think it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom