• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
F!Byleth is ****ing gorgeous, yo. Like, she was hot in Three Houses but DAMN!
ironickly she looks better in smash them she did in her own game where she looked like a dead fish

that being said Imma still main the male for that sweet sweet sexy Dimitri and Claude colors

Last edited:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Welp, I’m ready to Smash every last one of them come January 28th.

E2699013-28B9-4D0F-81CC-626C288749CD.jpeg

It’s not Dimitri, but it’ll Dedue

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Is amybody else mildly annoyed that Ubisoft has quiet a bit of content in this game but no actual playable rep? What's up with that?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Let people who enjoy it enjoy, let people who don't enjoy it not enjoy it. If people are being civil, just let them be, without whinging, gloating, raging, or teasing. People are entitled to feel what they want. Expecting everyone to be pleased with every character is some crazy sycophantic business you mostly only see on Smashboards. And expecting someone to share your upset is self-centred.

However you feel now, it's probably the case that at some point you felt the opposite about some other reveal or deconfirmation. So just, don't antagonize people. It's just a game.

The objective thing is Byleth is on the roster, how people feel about it is up to them. Positive or negative, the only problematic reactions come from those who can't take things in stride.
Hear Hear my friend. Look I'm passionate about character reveals, in fact there is only about two or so fictional things I get more excited than a Smash Bros character announcement. Its people who act like someone killed their firstborn (being blunt) or plays in the trolling who need to chill out. There's a difference between passionate and self centred trolling.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Gonna be real funny when Ezio gets a Mii Costume and the title card is just "Smash Bros x Ezio"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I will say though, Byleth was at one point the final character for Ultimate. If you ever needed proof that Sakurai doesn't care about ending on a high note...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Characters aren't the only part of representation.

And I don't. They're all interesting and only two are Echoes, with a third one not even being a full clone anymore. They're sweet additions.

Zelda still has some recurring characters left, but it has multiple items(more than FE has), significantly more unique stages(more than FE has), though around the same amount of Spirits/Trophies and music now(Zelda always started with more music at the time). Tingle, Pig Ganon, and Impa are the easiest ones to use and would be great to have in. They all have tons of unique potential. Though only one represents the core set of characters.
While I don’t think how many characters a series has matters, I don’t understand why people don’t realize Zelda has a rotating cast of important characters as well outside of the triforce wielders (not counting reincarnation). There was Skull Kid in MM, whom was also a side-character in OoT and (probably) TP; Midna in TP, whom was basically a protagonist alongside Link; and I’m sure there are others with similar importance in their games or at least have some bigger role than most side-characters.

Sure, you could say Zelda only “needs” the triforce wielders, but they’re not the only part of the games, and we could argue Mario doesn’t need a few of his series’ characters in Smash (like Rosalina).

Droodle

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Sakurai/Nintendo don't really care if Byleth's Smash video gets disliked bombed (well maybe a little). I don't doubt that they always knew this was going to happen. At worst, Byleth in Smash will sell more copies of Three Houses and the Fire Emblem DLC, and I don't doubt that Byleth won't be a big character this month in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Money speaks more then dislikes; and Nintendo will probably reel it in with how you can't return Fighters Pass, and how big Fire Emblem has gotten.

And I doubt most Smash fans will care enough not to get the next batch of Smash DLC, as long as they start with a "popular" character like Dante; Smash will still sell a ton of passes.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey guys, so today I decided to be whacko and approximate the release dates of 11 future DLC characters. A number chosen due to that being the amount of spaces left on the Max CSS.

Unlike DLC5, where I had the amiibo date, I have no such data for the rest. So to do this, I needed A LOT of salt for it.

I decided to take the days between amiibo releases, average them together, and then add that average to each date to represent the amiibo release of a new fighter. I then plugged that date into the linear regression equation, and bada boom, got release dates from there.

Now... in regards to this... think about this as forecasting weather beyond the 10-day threshold. It's usually never accurate, and never accounts for other variables. However, I was mad enough to attempt this sort of thing. So don't put that much stock into it. It's basically the same method used to approximate dates for Fighter 5, but basically with no feet to stand on.

Anyway, without further ado, here they are:
DLC6: March 27th, 2020
DLC7: June 13th, 2020
DLC8: August 30th, 2020
DLC9: November 16th, 2020
DLC10: February 1st, 2021
DLC11: April 20th, 2021
DLC12: July 7th, 2021
DLC13: September 23rd, 2021
DLC14: December 10th, 2021
DLC15: February 25th, 2022
(Note. DLC5 is not included and Plant is not counted as the starting character. Joker is.)

So yeah, this was crazy, but fun to do.
I can't even imagine if this actually happened. I dunno if I could handle being on this ride for 2 more years.
Hey guys, guess what?

We're on this ride for 2 more years.

576824590907473950.png

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I think it's exceedingly unlikely that they would release an Altaïr costume on it's own if they were making a playable AC character.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
It’s because people disliked a thing they disliked.
This is true, but there are also people who do it because they didn't get the exact thing they wanted, and there are some, and I'm not gonna name names, who see the dislikes piling up and smile about it.

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
I know the Byleth reveal was disappointing. I had no expectation at all, I knew YET another Fire Emblem character was coming (even though, Fire Emblem has like 100 fighters already)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Is amybody else mildly annoyed that Ubisoft has quiet a bit of content in this game but no actual playable rep? What's up with that?
That's the fate of being a western company. It took 20 years for Banjo and he actually had quite a bit of demand for years.

Buffalo Soldier

Smash Apprentice
This is true, but there are also people who do it because they didn't get the exact thing they wanted, and there are some, and I'm not gonna name names, who see the dislikes piling up and smile about it.
I among them! I think it’s one of the few ways the community can voice their opinion on choices.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm pretty sure Sakurai/Nintendo don't really care if Byleth's Smash video gets disliked bombed (well maybe a little). I don't doubt that they always knew this was going to happen. At worst, Byleth in Smash will sell more copies of Three Houses and the Fire Emblem DLC, and I don't doubt that Byleth won't be a big character this month in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Money speaks more then dislikes; and Nintendo will probably reel it in with how you can't return Fighters Pass, and how big Fire Emblem has gotten.

And I doubt most Smash fans will care enough not to get the next batch of Smash DLC, as long as they start with a "popular" character like Dante; Smash will still sell a ton of passes.
Honestly, I think Byleth just got in because Nintendo/Sakurai wanted to add a character from a newer game. If money was really the main concern, Nintendo probably would've asked Sakurai to make Byleth the second character so he could release close Three House's release.

KatKit

Smash Lord
That was quite a reveal, to say the least. Alrighty, let's break it down... My initial reaction? Hype. I didn't expect a 1st party combo breaker. The trailer was a little self-aware about the sword fighter thing, which was kinda funny. 3 Houses is a juggernaut and one heck of a recent Switch game, so kudos. Now for the moveset... Great googly moogly! I didn't expect all of those weapons. The whip sword was enough, but this is so much better. The way the weapons work and all of their neat little gimmicks is so cool! Mechanically, Byleth is hands down the most interesting Fire Emblem character. I own the game but I haven't really played it much: now I feel like I have to, ahaha. The soundtrack is solid, but my biggest gripe is no God Shattering Star (my favorite song in 3 Houses). So, please allow me to mourn by playing the hilarious kazoo version of it.

Anyways... I'm glad to know that Mii costumes are still getting songs! I'm for sure getting Cuphead. It's kinda funny that the Gunners are getting all of the extra music tracks, but if Adol doesn't get in as fighter, here's hoping that he gets a Mii costume, and gets bundled with music so that the Mii swordfighters come with a little something extra, too.

6 more fighters announced. We're mostly in the dark. I still think 4 more will be released after the 6, bringing the total to 10.

I called out how future DLC would be handled a long time ago.
However, by now, the company is cracking down on this hardcore. It's more tight-knit than ever.
If they keep up the secrecy, it'll be harder to leak. I'm down. I like surprises. Here's hoping they keep it up.

Last edited:

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
Smashers when the 1st fighter pass was announced: They're just all gonna be 1st party shill picks

Smashers when the 2nd fighter pass is announced: They're just all gonna be 1st party shill picks

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
On another note, I still don't really like the fact that there is only 1 Western character in Smash, the West is just as important to gaming history as Japan is

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
but I don't really see what the Pokémon fans have to complain about in regards to their DLC
They're complaining about the basic concept of the game having DLC. Despite the series already having a knack for updated rereleases.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
ita because people are babies whos body is 100% salt and feel the need to dislike bomb the thing they dont like
Or because this was an unpopular pick, and fans are getting annoyed.

Now fans who start crying that the fighters pass is garbage, this ruins the game, and they will never play Smash again. That is being a baby.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
That was quite a reveal, to say the least. Alrighty, let's break it down... My initial reaction? Hype. I didn't expect a 1st party combo breaker. The trailer was a little self-aware about the sword fighter thing, which was kinda funny. 3 Houses is a juggernaut and one heck of a recent Switch game, so kudos. Now for the moveset... Great googly moogly! I didn't expect all of those weapons. The whip sword was enough, but this is so much better. The way the weapons work and all of their neat little gimmicks is so cool! Mechanically, Byleth is hands down the most interesting Fire Emblem character. I own the game but I haven't really played it much. The soundtrack is solid, but my biggest gripe is no God Shattering Star (my favorite song in the game). So, please allow me to mourn by praying the kazoo version of the song.

Anyways... I'm glad to know that Mii costumes are still getting songs! I'm for sure getting Cuphead. It's kinda funny that the Gunners are getting all of the extra music tracks, but Adol doesn't get in as fighter, here's hoping that he gets a Mii costume, and gets bundled with music so that the Mii swordfighters come with a little something extra, too.

6 more fighters announced. We're mostly in the dark. I still think 4 more will be released after the 6, bringing the total to 10.

I called out how future DLC would be handled a long time ago.

If they keep up the secrecy, it'll be harder to leak. I'm down. I like surprises. Here's hoping they keep it up.
Hopefully he actually gets to be a character instead of a mii

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Well... the starters base forms are the ones deconfirmed due to being spirits.

There's nothing saying Rillaboom can't be in.
Rilla literally who? dunno what are you talking about... Baboom on teh other hand is in.

Let them.

They actually think hitting their Youtube like/dislike ratio accomplishes something. It's cute.
For people having a salt attack with byleth, take note that not even mad rabbid review bombs to the trailers are lessening the positive impact of 3 houses...

Yeah, fire emblem bias, but 3 houses was at least a game worthy of that bias.

regarding alt colors... dimitri one looks perfect and edelgard one looks fine... but was much to ask changing byleths skin color for the claude one? he looks weird as friggs,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom