• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, this insider(-ish) info is nice and all. . . but I sincerely hope that this is all that we get until Thursday. Let there be a proper surprise for once.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
zippo isn't a leaker he's just some guy

he literally posted here last weekend about how the mystery of fp5 is exciting

I'm pretty sure anyway

edit: I guess he is somebody???????????? who the hell is he

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
****ing imagine if all this time the elma gang played the long game and we end up winning

or.....Travis...?? Travis time? M-maybe?
Don't want to be that guy but
Monolith is owned by Nintendo and of course that includes Elma, if that thing is true any first party character is out for FP5 unless I'm misunderstanding something

edit: okay I saw the other answers. In any case, wasn't Zippo the same guy who posted a timer for an announcement a few days ago?

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Apparently there's a leak from ResetERA, a forum which has a strict anti-leak policy (as in, if you post fake leaks you get insta-banned). So the fact that this particular leak hasn't been shot down yet means something, apparently. I dunno the specifics. It's more of a hint than an outright leak, but I'm gonna spoiler it just in case.

The character is in a similar vein to Bayonetta. As in, Nintendo doesn't own them, but Nintendo is the reason their series is still alive.

Any responses should also be spoilered, just for common courtesy.
I thought I remember seeing several fake leaks from ResetEra during the last few years. Am I remembering wrong?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Don't want to be that guy but
Monolith is owned by Nintendo and of course that includes Elma, if that thing is true any first party character is out for FP5 unless I'm misunderstanding something
he said and I quote, “kinda sorta first party” so...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I thought I remember seeing several fake leaks from ResetEra during the last few years. Am I remembering wrong?
Maybe? Maybe not? I don't actually know the ResetEra rules. Someone just said that they had some strict anti-leak rule, and that's why this was noteworthy.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Maybe? Maybe not? I don't actually know the ResetEra rules. Someone just said that they had some strict anti-leak rule, and that's why this was noteworthy.
Got it. To me that just sounds like someone trying to hype up a leak and making it sound more credible without any real merit. (Not saying you're doing that, but maybe the person who you first heard)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
the thing is, Monolith and by extension Elma are first party, not kinda first party.
"kind first party" suits more, in my opinion, for characters that aren't owned by Nintendo but they feel like they belong to them in some capacity. Bayonetta fits that very well, and the only other name similar to her that I can think about now is Travis.

of course I could be wrong, that's how I see it. In any case, we don't know if this guy is reliable

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we ignore everything else and just focus on "charactater who found big sucess on Nintendo consoles" then
  • Professor Layton
  • Cooking Mama
  • Raving Rabbids
  • Sir Arthur of Ghosts and Goblins
  • Bill and Lance of Contra
  • Shantae
  • Lloyd of Tales of Symphonia
  • Maxwell from Scriblenauts
  • Crono of Chrono Trigger
HOLD IT!

Edit: How could I forget Phoenix Wright?

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
...why does this sound like Phoenix? All of the Ace Attorney games are essentially Nintendo-exclusive and have really only branched out to other platforms last year.

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If we ignore everything else and just focus on "charactater who found big sucess on Nintendo consoles" then
  • Professor Layton
  • Cooking Mama
  • Raving Rabbids
  • Shantae
Add Travis Touchdown and Phoenix Wright to that list. Both aren't Nintendo owned, but their series are Nintendo mainstays.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Add Travis Touchdown and Phoenix Wright to that list. Both aren't Nintendo owned, but their series are Nintendo mainstays.
Remembered Phoenix last minute but yeah, Travis counts too.

D

Deleted member

i have no faith in leaks because i, The Insider, already know who it is. and instead of saying it outright i will only give vague hints for no ****ing reason

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
i have no faith in leaks because i, The Insider, already know who it is. and instead of saying it outright i will only give vague hints for no ****ing reason
"I don't wanna get anyone in trouble with specific information. Telling you outright will somehow give away my contact immediately, but giving hints and telling you who it's not is totally fine"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
  • Professor Layton
  • Cooking Mama
  • Raving Rabbids
  • Shantae
HOLD IT!

Come on Phoenix! Come on!

D

Deleted member

Before the final fighter reveal, I just want to give a shoutout to Banjo and Kazooie's reveal trailer:

I hadn't even played much of Banjo-Kazooie by the time they got in (Only played the first world), and it's unfortunately one of the only Smash reveals I missed live.

But despite all that, watching this trailer just fills me with so much joy, and the amount of love they put in for the characters and their series is just so pleasing to see. Heck, the end of the trailer has a bunch of iconic characters celebrating their inclusion, further emphasizing how important these two really are.

This has to be one of my favorite Smash reveals ever, and it's the only trailer that can always bring tears to my eyes.
Despite :ultbanjokazooie: being leaked days in advance, it was still completely baffling to see them again.

Nothing mindblowing. Nothing original. Just a full-unabashed proclamation saying, "Here you guys go. We know you wanted it."

Also liked how they faked us out thinking it might be a villain before getting to the meat of the trailer.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Assuming Zippo is legit, it's almost assuredly Travis Touchdown. He's really the only character in the situation he described that I can think of. Phoenix Wright is kinda close, but Ace Attorney could probably exist without Nintendo. I don't know if I could say the same for No More Heroes.

That being said, I'm kinda pressing X to doubt on this one. Most leaks just come out and whoever it is they're leaking, they very rarely play the guessing game unless they personally are unsure of who it is. If Zippo didn't know who it was, it's highly unlikely he would deconfirm Edelgard, KOS-MOS, or Elma, so he would presumably know who it is by name. But if that's the case, why doesn't he just come out and say it?

Groose

Smash Champion
I take you all heard the news of what we are getting this Thrusday?
Yessir! Can't wait. I'm really sad in one way, though. As a teacher, I won't be able to watch it live--and my students will definitely spoil it for me at some point before lunch.

D

Deleted member

I'm the other leaker and my sources who left your discord server are saying things that hint toward Geno. You're done, Faygo. I win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yessir! Can't wait. I'm really sad in one way, though. As a teacher, I won't be able to watch it live--and my students will definitely spoil it for me at some point before lunch.
You poor soul.

Playstation Guy 1000

Smash Journeyman
Apparently there's a leak from ResetERA, a forum which has a strict anti-leak policy (as in, if you post fake leaks you get insta-banned). So the fact that this particular leak hasn't been shot down yet means something, apparently. I dunno the specifics. It's more of a hint than an outright leak, but I'm gonna spoiler it just in case.

The character is in a similar vein to Bayonetta. As in, Nintendo doesn't own them, but Nintendo is the reason their series is still alive.

Any responses should also be spoilered, just for common courtesy.
Sounds like Phoenix Wright or Cooking Mama to me.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm bored so I pinpoited the frame used for the thumbnail of Banjo's presentation just for comparison's sake. Can't be assed to do the same for Terry.

Have fun chums
Looks like a match to me

So based on this and tery

The green on the left and dark green on the right we are probably around the chest area

D

Deleted member

Be a man and make that **** your class material for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I'm the other leaker and my sources who left your discord server are saying things that hint toward Geno. You're done, Faygo. I win.
He's a leaker, he's a leaker, you're a leaker, I'm a leaker... are there any other leakers I should know about?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does layton count as "kinda sorta first party"
Well he was confused for a first party during his early days, similar to Megaman and Castlevania during the NES era.

Nintendo was pretty much the reason why the Layton series made it as big as it did, especially in Europe...

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
  • Professor Layton
  • Cooking Mama
  • Raving Rabbids
  • Shantae
HOLD IT!

(sees the edit)
I don't know if I'm in the right to feel hope right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom