• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This will be one of the few times a Nintendo Direct does not come a week after a Pokemon Direct. :ultpacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I keep telling y’all

wait till the new sticker over characters disappears

and before you ask, no, it’s (unfortunately) still up

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.

I keep telling y’all

wait till the new sticker over characters disappears

and before you ask, no, it’s (unfortunately) still up
I think our best bet for that being gone is the Monday of each upcoming week. I don't know if that was when the past ones were removed, mind you, but it would feel fitting.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Some of you guys need to stop losing sleep over FP5 and go outside and read a book or something.

Complaining about the long wait isn't gonna make the reveal come any faster.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.
I would go with the Octane car from Rocket League. (One of my most wanted fighters for Ultimate.)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

I think our best bet for that being gone is the Monday of each upcoming week. I don't know if that was when the past ones were removed, mind you, but it would feel fitting.
Still sticking to my KOS-MOS guns.

Also yeah, next Monday seems like a reasonable bet for the NEW sticker to vanish. Out of curiosity has said sticker ever vanished on a weekend?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
This will be one of the few times a Nintendo Direct does not come a week after a Pokemon Direct. :ultpacman:
Got a source for that?

It could still happen, you know.

Well call it a gut feeling of mine but I'm feeling that's how much longer were probably gonna have to wait anyways...
Highly doubt it.

https://youtu.be/mXW80-irLbI

Usually when this amount of retailer leaks in this time period happens, something is up.

And lets not forget that SNES controller that said on the site, “more info coming January 2020”.

To be, that is the biggest smoking gun atm for a potential Direct soon. (And the dates Matt Walker mentioned)

Freduardo

Smash Champion

Bonk. 16 bit console war complete.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Highly doubt it.

Usually when this amount of retailer leaks in this time period happens, something is up.

And lets not forget that SNES controller that said on the site, “more info coming January 2020”.

To be, that is the biggest smoking gun atm for a potential Direct soon. (And the dates Matt Walker mentioned)
And I do hope your right and I'm wrong.

Otherwise for the sake of my sanity. I'm taking a break from the site.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Got a source for that?

It could still happen, you know.

Highly doubt it.

I will never forget the day Matt Walker announced a Nintendo Direct.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Outside of the insane wait for FP5, it’s ridiculous that we don’t know any major Nintendo games coming this year past March. A Direct needs to happen yesterday.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
At this point instead of complaining about no direct or no characters, why don't we try just talking about series in General for Smash like we did back in November.

Remember kids, complaining only makes the passage of time feel longer :secretkpop:
Is that why Animal crossing seems so far away? Damn

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
How are you guys gonna react when Master Chief is announced as FP5 next week?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

That’d be really disappointing if that was the case (Not Amaterasu, but no third parties in post pass).

Thankfully, Hayabusa discussions were likely leaked, so this probably won’t be the case.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Depends how much is revealed. If moves are revealed, I'm going to react by wondering how effective they look to my play style.

If no moves are revealed, I'm going to react by thinking what weapons and grenades from Halo I want to see in Smash.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

KOS-MOS, because she's one of my most wanted and the salt would be delicious.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Amaterasu would be fine, but I'd like the final character to be a huge icon in gaming. I know a lot of people don't want him, but Steve would be pretty cool just because Minecraft has become a pretty big phenomenon.

I'd actually be fine with this setup though. One pass of third-parties, one pass of first-parties.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.
We still don’t know the release date for it tho. Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore which was announced in the same direct releases literally next week

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah, but she's from a niche franchise and other characters are "more deserving" than her because of that...apparently.
I did hear someone say that Namco Bandai thinks that Zenosaga is not profitable enough to receive any new installments. If KOS-MOS does get in, then the decision to add her will be Sakurai's and Sakurai's alone.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Hypothetical scenario: Let's say that when FP5 is revealed, this month or the next, they also reveal afterward the same direct who the first post-pass DLC fighter is. Do you think that Nintendo would do the reveal Joker/Terry style, where they're announced without gameplay footage, or do you think that we will get gameplay footage too?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.
Ports and remasters don’t count.

I’d prefer to see new and original games.

>People legitimately think this is still going to happen for FP5.

He isn’t. Master Chief was flat out hard deconfirmed for the fighter pass, but for some reason, you guys decided it wasn’t clear enough, and people are plugging their ears screaming “NDA NDA NDA NDA NDA!!!!!!”, even though it was spelled 100% clearly right in front of you all.

This applies to Travis too, btw.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I did hear someone say that Namco Bandai thinks that Zenosaga is not profitable enough to receive any new installments. If KOS-MOS does get in, then the decision to add her will be Sakurai's and Sakurai's alone.
Nintendo would've chosen her, not Sakurai. If Namco isn't confident in Zenosaga, then Nintendo may have chosen a character from a different franchise.

And yes, I'm aware that Banjo and Kazooie is basically dead too, yet they still got in Smash. Key difference is that almost the entire Smash fandom was requesting them.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Hypothetical scenario: Let's say that when FP5 is revealed, this month or the next, they also reveal afterward the same direct who the first post-pass DLC fighter is. Do you think that Nintendo would do the reveal Joker/Terry style, where they're announced without gameplay footage, or do you think that we will get gameplay footage too?
I'm expecting FP5 will be shown off in its entirety. I don't know if it'll be "available right now!" but I can see it coming out officially within two weeks.

As for post-pass 1, I expect they'll be shown off as well, but I don't think it'll be a full gameplay reveal just yet. I think there are probably two versions: one where the character is a big third-party to head off Season 2, and one where it's a bonus first-party character who doesn't belong to a pass.

If it's the heading of a new season, we're likely only getting the short reveal trailer and that's it; we'll get the gameplay when they're ready around late April-ish timeframe. But I'm wondering if the next one will be a bonus first party without a stage - and I'm thinking Waluigi - and that'll likely only get a trailer made with game footage like for PP. In that case, I expect release a bit earlier (late Mar/early Apr)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ports and remasters don’t count.

I’d prefer to see new and original games.

>People legitimately think this is still going to happen for FP5.

He isn’t. Master Chief was flat out hard deconfirmed for the fighter pass, but for some reason, you guys decided it wasn’t clear enough, and people are plugging their ears screaming “NDA NDA NDA NDA NDA!!!!!!”, even though it was spelled 100% clearly right in front of you all.

This applies to Travis too, btw.
But Grant kirkhope tho

he told us not to hold our breath for banjo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
But Grant kirkhope tho

he told us not to hold our breath for banjo
There's a huge difference between a music composer who didn't even know about Banjo in Smash at the time and a top figure at 343 who would have known about negotiations when they happened.

D

Deleted member

There's a huge difference between a music composer who didn't even know about Banjo in Smash at the time and a top figure at 343 who would have known about negotiations when they happened.
I mean he dose lie sometimes

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Miriam as it's her one and only chance and people won't scream at her because she's a big tiddy goth gf to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom