• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Hey so guys Since Sony reps have been Discussed heavily today I have a question?

Has there been any Instance of a Sony Character making appearances on NON-Sony Platforms? If there hasn't that could be a problem concerning Sony Characters being in Smash

For example, With Kratos he has made appearances in MK9, Soul Caliber 4 (The PSP Version) and Shovel Knight, but they were exclusive to the PlayStation versions of those games.

Has there been a Sony Character that has appeared outside of Sony? Even if none haven't, I Could see this trend being broken and Smash being the exception, but still?
There's that PlayStation All-Stars Island mobile game, for one.

The Quantic Dream games are owned by Sony and have showed up on PC, apparently Death Stranding will follow suit.

Technically speaking Sony has a separate publishing label that has published games on other consoles (I think Tiny Metal is one?) but none of their in-house games afaik.

D

Deleted member

Just some food for thought regarding Valve reps:

It is worth to mention that Valve has tried in the past to get a place in the japanese videogame market.

One attempt was a Left 4 Dead-themed arcade game only released in Japan, called Left 4 Dead: Survivors

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
guys, please update me:

Vergeben really disconfirmed Activision and what other companies this time around?

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
guys, please update me:

Vergeben really disconfirmed Activision and what other companies this time around?
Pretty much Sony, a non Wayforward/Yacht Games indie company, Riot Games, Rockstar, EA and valve are the only companies that are big and not out of the running so far.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Anyone else feel like the quantity of pointless, empty Sabi tweets increase when the attention is on Verg?

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Unrelated to FP5, but in case anyone was thinking Silent Hill at one point, forget it. Konami literally let the domain for the website expire and it’s up for sale.

D

Deleted member

Unrelated to FP5, but in case anyone was thinking Silent Hill at one point, forget it. Konami literally let the domain for the website expire and it’s up for sale.
The creators could buy the IP back.

I remember them making a full new studio on which they made a PS2 exclusive horror game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Anyone else feel like the quantity of pointless, empty Sabi tweets increase when the attention is on Verg?
Wait, are you implying that Sabi wants attention? And doesn't like anyone else nabbing it, even for a while? And will do anything, even pretend she has info for suspense, to recapture it?

Dunno why you would imply something like that.

Well there goes any chance to get more pachinko machines out of the IP.

Edit: someone should buy the website and make it an advertisement for Death Stranding and Bloodstained.

Last edited:

Gold Lannister

Smash Cadet
Pretty much Sony, a non Wayforward/Yacht Games indie company, Riot Games, Rockstar, EA and valve are the only companies that are big and not out of the running so far.
If Vergeben is correct, I believe the dispute will be between Kratos and Gerard of The Witcher.

EA doesn't have a good relationship with Nintendo, and I don't believe I see Rockstar and Riot Games on Smash.

But honestly, Sabi should be expected to confirm what Vergeben says.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
The creators could buy the IP back.

I remember them making a full new studio on which they made a PS2 exclusive horror game.
Konami uses Silent Hill on their pachinko machines so I highly doubt it.
Well there goes any chance to get more pachinko machines out of the IP.

Edit: someone should buy the website and make it an advertisement for Death Stranding and Bloodstained.
I mean they still have the IP just not the website domain.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'd be ecstatic if FP5 was actually from Darksiders, mainly if it's Death.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Probably said this already, but it will be a win win for me regardless of what Sabi says

If Vergebens list was inaccurate, that would mean Monokuma is back on the table.

If it is, then Kratos might actually be a frontrunner for FP5

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Probably said this already, but it will be a win win for me regardless of what Sabi says

If Vergebens list was inaccurate, that would mean Monokuma is back on the table.

If it is, then Kratos might actually be a frontrunner for FP5
I've also heard people saying Geralt and even pointing out that while he technically came from a novel series, the author of said novels have pretty much disowned the video game version of the Witcher series.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Hey so guys Since Sony reps have been Discussed heavily today I have a question?

Has there been any Instance of a Sony Character making appearances on NON-Sony Platforms? If there hasn't that could be a problem concerning Sony Characters being in Smash

For example, With Kratos he has made appearances in MK9, Soul Caliber 4 (The PSP Version) and Shovel Knight, but they were exclusive to the PlayStation versions of those games.

Has there been a Sony Character that has appeared outside of Sony? Even if none haven't, I Could see this trend being broken and Smash being the exception, but still?
PSO2 has Kuro/Toro partners, gear, and MAGs.
These appear regardless of which platform you are currently playing on.
So, you technically have Nintendo stuff (Zelda) sitting alongside Sony stuff (Kuro/Toro), and come next year we'll almost certainly have Microsoft stuff as well.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
EA doesn't have a good relationship with Nintendo
Mass Effect 3 Special Edition, Boomblox, the MySims spin-offs, Dead Space Extraction, etc. EA praised the Switch for listening to 3rd Party developers, made exclusives for the company, and ports on a doomed console. Money talks and historically they have played ball.

D

Deleted member

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It all comes down to this.
You can tell this is going to be a waste of everybody's time because all she's doing is just giving her opinion instead of actually saying who the Hell FP 5 is.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You can tell this is going to be a waste of everybody's time because all she's doing is just giving her opinion instead of actually saying who the Hell FP 5 is.
I mean, we're literally a few days away into TGA. And Geoff has his eyes on her. Should she leak FP5, she'd be taken down.

D

Deleted member

Mass Effect 3 Special Edition, Boomblox, the MySims spin-offs, Dead Space Extraction, etc. EA praised the Switch for listening to 3rd Party developers, made exclusives for the company, and ports on a doomed console. Money talks and historically they have played ball.
I thought they made a lot of comments regarding them dropping the Switch support and such.

Maybe they changed their view on Nintendo recently.

7NATOR

Smash Master
PSO2 has Kuro/Toro partners, gear, and MAGs.
These appear regardless of which platform you are currently playing on.
So, you technically have Nintendo stuff (Zelda) sitting alongside Sony stuff (Kuro/Toro), and come next year we'll almost certainly have Microsoft stuff as well.
Oh yeah. Isn't Kat a Costume in that game as well?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's 2 and 3. Death is the protagonist of the 2nd one. And he's the Leader and eldest sibling of the four horsemen.
Well I gotta check those out them. Darksiders has been phenomenal so far (Except for the spider dungeon. That one can go die.) so I'd love to see how they improved on it. Hopefully the graphics stay the same though. The PS3 look is pretty nostalgic to me, and I'm pretty squeamish when it comes to gore.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've also heard people saying Geralt and even pointing out that while he technically came from a novel series, the author of said novels have pretty much disowned the video game version of the Witcher series.
Jealously is unattractive.

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but apparently EA recently launched some sort of complete edition for Star Wars Battlefront 2 which costs 40€ on PS Store and I’m tempted to check it out next year.

Anyone who owns the game and still plays it could give me feedback on this regard?

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
So I finished case 4 in Phoenix Wright. Whew, it was crazy alright, probably my favorite case in the game.

Also, I heard that I should save case 5 until after clearing the rest of the trilogy. Is there a reason for this? If so, would anyone mind telling me?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I mean, we're literally a few days away into TGA. And Geoff has his eyes on her. Should she leak FP5, she'd be taken down.
Nah, I'm feeling generous, if Sabi actually leaks the character today I'll let it stay up.

So I finished case 4 in Phoenix Wright. Whew, it was crazy alright, probably my favorite case in the game.

Also, I heard that I should save case 5 until after clearing the rest of the trilogy. Is there a reason for this? If so, would anyone mind telling me?
I think you should go ahead, but I think the argument is that it's a pretty big and epic case and it might make the rest look small in comparison.

I played them in order and thought every other case was also great so I disagree.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, are you implying that Sabi wants attention? And doesn't like anyone else nabbing it, even for a while? And will do anything, even pretend she has info for suspense, to recapture it?

Dunno why you would imply something like that.

Me? I would never imply something so derisive and truthful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom