• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Gonna go a bit mor obscure with my possible code name.

"Monalisa"

Whoever gets this gets a cookie.
Monalisa being a single word is the key hint for this word. Unfortunately, it doesn't ring any bells so I'm not a true fan even if I'm right. :urg:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Booooooo no more fighting characters as DLC.

Its so boring!

Character additions in Smash are so extraordinary because its fun to see characters from other genres of gaming adapted into a fighting format.

Wheres the fun in copying/pasting a fighting character in to Smash? I dont get it.
It's equally interesting to see how fighting game characters adapt to Smash given the fact that Smash plays very little like any other fighter on the market. They have brought unique qualities to Smash, and Terry specifically demonstrates, "Hey, we can get an incredibly fun and interesting fighter out of a fighting game character when we put our minds to it." It's no more copy and pasting than any number of characters that come from other titles. Everybody knew 90% of Banjo & Kazooie's moveset before they were ever shown off because it's largely just lifted with more flare from the N64 games. Does that make the move set less interesting or the conversion less interesting or the fans any less happy? No, of course not. So, I wouldn't be so quick to denounce fighting game characters, specifically when there's a grand total of 2.5 in the game anyway (seriously, it's just Ryu, Ken, and Terry; this has even less of a leg to stand on than the "anime swordsman" complaints).

People like fighting games a lot and want to see their characters in Smash, that's as valid as anyone else's desires. And games like Tekken and Mortal Kombat are some of the most successful gaming franchises out there to boot. It's worth bringing in more of that legacy.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Real talk, if the codename straight up was just the number "8" I'd feel instant anxiety for the next Nintendo Direct.

Given my avatar, it's probably pretty easy to figure out who "8" would be. :p

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
I hope the next codename is something like wnfwefou2bf9w
"Why Not **** With Everyone something something 2b..."

2B? I get it! It's Yorick from the Castlevania series!

Real talk, if the codename straight up was just the number "8" I'd feel instant anxiety for the next Nintendo Direct.

Yuki Nagato. Obviously.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

I know exactly what you're talking about.

Octodad for smash, guys.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

[VEEMO INTENSIFIES]

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Looks like the CSS has enough spaces for 10 additional characters (or 2 additional passes) outside the current Fighter Pass. This of course, assumes that the developers decide to fill all the remaining spaces.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Heihachi oughta come around eventually just so there's a chance of getting this banger in the game.
Especially since his mii costume is absent from a character pack that’s practically a pass from a character from a street fighter catergory game

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So uh searching KOS-MOS on here today and ended up with a plethora of posts saying Fatmanonice says KOS-MOS and also Reimu are just being willed into existence by the internet. And here’s my question.... when if ever was Fatman ever right about anything? As far as I can tell he has literally no track record and just speculates made up ****e pretty much because he’s been claiming to be a insider for years now when in reality he is just a spokesperson who makes stuff up that allude to Geno in smash. I don’t care if I get under fire for saying this but the man literally knows nothing. People only follow him cause he’s a geno fan and who cares about any other character, right?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So uh searching KOS-MOS on here today and ended up with a plethora of posts saying Fatmanonice says KOS-MOS and also Reimu are just being willed into existence by the internet. And here’s my question.... when if ever was Fatman ever right about anything? As far as I can tell he has literally no track record and just speculates made up ****e pretty much because he’s been claiming to be a insider for years now when in reality he is just a spokesperson who makes stuff up that allude to Geno in smash. I don’t care if I get under fire for saying this but the man literally knows nothing. People only follow him cause he’s a geno fan and who cares about any other character, right?
No disrespect to fatmanonice, but he kinda just spouts ****. I remember between the DLC announcement and Joker's announcement that he was saying all sorts of **** about the DLC. Like Lloyd or Yuri being in and no character being post 2014. I do know he's not thought of too highly by one of the people close to Sabi. Based on what I do know, only one or a handful of people actually know who the fighter is and they aren't saying **** except that it's not Crash or Hayabusa.
Basically another’s thoughts on him.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Looks like the CSS has enough spaces for 10 additional characters (or 2 additional passes) outside the current Fighter Pass. This of course, assumes that the developers decide to fill all the remaining spaces.
I may be remembering this wrong, but there was only one stage left after the Fighter's Pass stages in the CSS, right?

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Basically another’s thoughts on him.
Right so it is similar. I’m not disrespecting him but 4chan and other sites have been thinking he’s a legit source for character #5 and honestly things aren’t really adding up because I looked at his leak record and well nothing ever happened that he said. Unless someone can prove he’s a legit source I find it very disrespectful of him to say things about other characters that way.

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Rumours say that if you stare intensively you will see the silhouette of your most wanted in one of the empty character spaces.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
As far as 3rd party echoes go:

Sakura is the most popular Street Fighter character in general.

Zack Fair would be a pretty big deal for Final Fantasy fans. He's also probably the easiest Echo to make ever.

Heroines was a huge missed opportunity. I think most of us expected both Erdricks back in the Brave speculation days.

Trevor Belmont. Just trust me on this lol

If Sakura from Street Fighter got in, Alice Nakata could be an Echo of Terry, since she shares moves/animations with both of them (this one is more of a stretch, but if ya haven't learned by now, SNK bringeth the hype, and I think Sakurai would go the extra mile).

Including Shinobu Jacobs and Sir Henry might make Travis Touchdown way more appealing for people who've never played his games.

I strongly believe that Sumi will be an echo of Joker; P5R helped solidify that.

Heihachi can have Kazuya and/or Jin echoes, if he ever got in.

Same goes for Siegfried for Nightmare or Cassandra for Sophitia. Or even Arthur for Mitsurugi.

My sister lowkey convinced me to jump on the A2 Echo hype train, if we ever get 2B.

Now for 1st parties... I'd rather most of these be their own character, but if it's the only way to make them playable for now:

Dixie
Medusa
Impa
Octoling
And for that one guy who'd be super hyped about it: Gooigi
I never realized how awesome it would be to have trevor until you said it

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Well that brings some hope for my most wanted definitely if they go with that.

Vierloir

Smash Rookie
I may be remembering this wrong, but there was only one stage left after the Fighter's Pass stages in the CSS, right?
Yeah but that won't stop them from adding another row for stage selection even if it means it won't be as organized as the css

Last edited:

Gamma Ray

Smash Apprentice
Well the guy himself has said he speculates based on insider information. But yeah, I'm not aware of him predicting anything correctly yet and people do seem to think a great deal of whatever he has to say in the Geno thread for some reason. Obviously, don't take anything he says as something even remotely guaranteed.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Posting a quick thought.

If Fighter 5 is a Namco character like we are being herded to believe, then I'm pretty positive it's not going to be Heihachi or Lloyd. I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai are stupid enough to leave a bread crumb trail to point to the next character. Every DLC character thus far has been some sort of shocker and somewhat coming out of left field (barring leaks of course) and right now, Heihachi and Lloyd both feel completely obvious. Personally, I don't think Namco is Fighter 5, but if they are I don't think it's either of the front runners.

SneakyLink SneakyLink posted what my statements on him. Why he gets attention is beyond me. I know you're on GFAQs too, you can look up a few of the threads about him there too.

Technically, there's none left. That empty space is used in the Game's random stage options where it's a default for custom stages if I recall correctly.

D

Deleted member

Technically, there's none left. That empty space is used in the Game's random stage options where it's a default for custom stages if I recall correctly.
So that means we are probably getting more 1st parties, if I assume.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Posting a quick thought.

If Fighter 5 is a Namco character like we are being herded to believe, then I'm pretty positive it's not going to be Heihachi or Lloyd. I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai are stupid enough to leave a bread crumb trail to point to the next character. Every DLC character thus far has been some sort of shocker and somewhat coming out of left field (barring leaks of course) and right now, Heihachi and Lloyd both feel completely obvious. Personally, I don't think Namco is Fighter 5, but if they are I don't think it's either of the front runners.

SneakyLink SneakyLink posted what my statements on him. Why he gets attention is beyond me. I know you're on GFAQs too, you can look up a few of the threads about him there too.

Well it's only the smash bubble that's predicting a Namco rep. I doubt a casual fan of Smash cares about that. And even then, we've seen Nintendo screw up when it comes to them trying to keep a character a secret. :ness2::lucario::jigglypuff: :4ganondorf: :4feroy::4ryu::ultsimon::ultken::ulthero::ult_terry:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well it's only the smash bubble that's predicting a Namco rep. I doubt a casual fan of Smash cares about that. And even then, we've seen Nintendo screw up when it comes to them trying to keep a character a secret. :ness2::lucario::jigglypuff: :4ganondorf: :4feroy::4ryu::ultsimon::ultken::ulthero::ult_terry:
It's either a screw-up or Nintendo actually forxes their hand.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Don't bet on 100% Dark Souls. That statement you made is quite ironic. You're setting the bar too much.

See, honestly you set your hopes a little bit too high. What if Sackboy was leaked, yet it wasn't confirmed by the higher-ups (Sabi, Verge, etc)? Would you jump to conclusions? Honestly if Morrigan or KOS-MOS was leaked by Verge I wouldn't jump right to it in my case. You better start hyping in moderation. What if we didn't get Dark Souls?
I really have nothing to lose if it isn’t dark souls anyway, so I don’t really care
If Sackboy got leaked I would take it with a grain of salt cause that’s my most wanted right there

D

Deleted member

I really have nothing to lose if it isn’t dark souls anyway, so I don’t really care
If Sackboy got leaked I would take it with a grain of salt cause that’s my most wanted right there
If that's fine by you, okay. That's quite the good behaviour.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well it's only the smash bubble that's predicting a Namco rep. I doubt a casual fan of Smash cares about that. And even then, we've seen Nintendo screw up when it comes to them trying to keep a character a secret. :ness2::lucario::jigglypuff: :4ganondorf: :ultsimon::ultken::ulthero::ult_terry:
This is inherently different. Like I said, I don't think Nintendo or Sakurai are stupid. That's not to say that the people under them are infalliable. The results of all of those were straight up mistakes except Hero which largely came from SE and not Nintendo. Returning Mii costumes from every company thus far except for Namco is straight up a red flag.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Imagine if they accidentally re-add a codename with 6.1.0.

They almost definitely won't, but I wish they would.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
View attachment 246416
Totally legit guys!
IDK if anyone posted this already, but I'll post anyways. What do you guys make of this?
She's either joking, being impersonated, or screwing with people. On the off chance we did get a character from Five Nights at Freddy's I highly doubt it would be Springtrap. I mean, he is a major character but I would be baffled if they didn't go with the titular face of the series.

EDIT: Or the screenshot was faked.

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Since we're posting about how the Geno thread pretty much takes Fatman's words like gospel (most of the time). I'll post my thoughts on him from the Geno thread here. This was to someone who was defending the 4chan Dark Souls DLC prediction "leak":

1) I was literally telling Fatman why I think the Mii leak is fake, this was before Sabi and Fatman started saying that yeah it is most likely fake, or at least not for character 5. This was when he was on the side of it being real, so if it goes to show anything it is that these insiders are definitely not infallible and a lot of their information does come in last minute. When he did change sides, he pretty much used the reasoning that I and many others used. It is most likely fake because Nintendo hasn't taken down the videos.

I'm not denying the guy has connections with insiders, but often times he has showcased that he isn't right. For example, he thought Brave couldn't be Hero due to the wonky datamined stats. Or the whole thing with the bird. If Reimu and KOS-MOS are truly deconfirmed and 100% not happening, Sabi would have no reason to not come out and say that yes they are not happening. Fatmanonice's words are definitely not definitive, and even he himself tells us to take his words with a grain of salt.

Any good speculation should have some good inferences here and there, that is how we get a good idea of who is coming in as DLC. Using speculation and logic, I was able to tell that we were most likely getting Erdrick and Banjo as a double drop on E3, a couple days beforehand. When the SNK logo leaked, it wasn't hard to tell that Terry would be the SNK rep. I was inferring that DLC 5 would be Bandai Namco ever since September and even through the Mii leak, and while FP 5 is not confirmed to be Bandai Namco; look at what the general consensus is.

I'm no insider, but that doesn't change the fact that I was pretty much able to guess which DLC's were coming ahead, just due to the rumours floating around in the internet.

2) Only 2 of those 4 characters go by the title of Erdrick, so yes Hero is a much better name for the character than Erdrick. If this leaker does know all the DLC characters beforehand, he should at least get the name of the 2nd character right. He didn't, and he used the most common name flying around the internet, indicating that this was just a prediction/

3) Yes, I don't doubt that certain 4chan posts are right; many of the posts that are right just happen to be text leaks. However, blindly believing a simple prediction list is a huge problem as it cuts out speculation for the 5th DLC character, and as you can see a ton of the people in this thread are blindly believing this. I don't doubt that there is one obscure 4chan post out there that has had the entirety of the DLC leaked back in December, but we won't know if its true until the 5th character is revealed, and that 4chan post does nothing to convince me it's real.

4) Maybe Fatman does know that DLC 5 is a Dark Souls rep, and isn't speaking up about it for that reason. Or maybe he doesn't know about Dark Souls as DLC 5, and feels like he has nothing to add about it. All I'm saying is that assuming the leak, which is most likely fake, is true, isn't good speculation.

I don't dislike Fatman, in fact I like how open he is with his speculation. But it's just SPECULATION. Sometimes I feel like the Geno thread is honestly the problem, and I say that as someone who wants Geno in. They take his words way too seriously when he's shown to be unreliable at times. I know a ton of people in the Geno thread pretty much think a Dark Souls character is guaranteed because Fatman refuses to speak about Dark Souls.

Also when someone asked Fatman to deconfirm Reimu/KOS-MOS instead of just state that those are characters "/v/ is trying to will into existence", he pretty much ignored the question, take that as you will.

Though I do like the guy, his posts are usually pretty in depth and are actually debatable rather than "BLANK is 100% in".

D

Deleted member

View attachment 246416
Totally legit guys!
IDK if anyone posted this already, but I'll post anyways. What do you guys make of this?
Come to think of it, Forest Maze does sound a lot like the FNAF jingle from the first game...
She's either joking, being impersonated, or screwing with people. On the off chance we did get a character from Five Nights at Freddy's I highly doubt it would be Springtrap. I mean, he is a major character but I would be baffled if they didn't go with the titular face of the series.
That's not real :p

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
For the most part, Fatman knows what Sabi knows. He speculates based off of the information he can get and translates it in a safe and understandably vague manner. Don't hate on him, he's been dealt the unfortunate job of sifting through Sabi'a bull **** for us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He isn’t a leaker nor does he claim to be an insider, he just got access to insider discords thanks to Sabi and he shares info with us if he’s allowed to and otherwise just speculates off of the info without blurting it out or just while saying what he can. He’s even said not to take his posts as gospel so I don’t really get why everyone keeps treating him this way, and he hasn’t insulted other characters nor their fans. I really feel like everyone has the wrong idea about him. Sabi doesn’t even correct him or anything unless he has the wrong idea about some info or whatever, and he even shared that one bird image from Sabi’s NoA source; he is one of the members whom Sabi shared their NoA source’s identity info to.

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
If we do get a Namco character as the final Fighters Pass character, I actually feel like the Chosen Undead probably has the best shot. Dark Souls is one of the most influential games of this decade and it seems like something that would go over extremely well at the Game Awards thanks to SoulsBorne's universal appeal. Also not a huge factor, but they wouldn't have the same overlap issues that Heihachi or Lloyd would, considering how we don't really have anything like a Dark Souls character on the Fighters Pass right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom