• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
PolarPanda PolarPanda
Listen Sabi, regarding this tweet:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

If you truly know fighter 5, can you either just leak them now/soon, or just not say anything at all? It's one thing to leak something a month out from possibly getting the reveal, but if you're gonna wait on VR Plant, that's gonna be what, a day, maybe two before the actual reveal? At that point, why not just let people have the surprise?
People want what they want. I made that tweet because, as I said, I am not leaking FP5 right now. Like I said here, and as Papagenos said in his video, a source of mine does know FP5. However, he doesn't have permission from the source to let that be leaked right now. If that changes, then I'll do it ASAP, otherwise VR Plant is very possible at getting it a day or two in advance. It doesn't matter to me how close it is to reveal, and it never has. I mean, what, I leaked the entire nindies presentation a day beforehand right? I've never really cared how close it is to the event, my only interest is making the people who want to know the news happy, and there are clearly a buttload of people that do. It's very easy to avoid my posts if you're vehement in avoiding leaks. I know plenty of smash fans who aren't caught up on them.

Sabi's source is saying it's fake. No real reason given, but they're pretty confident on it.
Smashboards kinda lags on my device, so apologies for replying to the wrong post here. I'm replying your earlier message regarding me not specifically saying I know FP5. That is intentional. Yes, the source in question is very careful about sharing things with me, as it is actually threatening to this one's job. He may get permission to give me specifics in the future, but right now all he's done is help me out by telling me that it wasn't Ryu or Crash. Everything I've asked them these questions, they've avoided giving me details on who FP5 is. That may change in the future when it's closer to reveal. Otherwise, I know that Vr Plant is interested in finding out close to whenever the reveal is so it's very likely it'll come out thru Papagenos and then me if I don't get permission. Can't always guarantee Vr Plant will get stuff, but I know that he's gonna be trying pretty hard with this next one.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
People want what they want. I made that tweet because, as I said, I am not leaking FP5 right now. Like I said here, and as Papagenos said in his video, a source of mine does know FP5. However, he doesn't have permission from the source to let that be leaked right now. If that changes, then I'll do it ASAP, otherwise VR Plant is very possible at getting it a day or two in advance. It doesn't matter to me how close it is to reveal, and it never has. I mean, what, I leaked the entire nindies presentation a day beforehand right? I've never really cared how close it is to the event, my only interest is making the people who want to know the news happy, and there are clearly a buttload of people that do. It's very easy to avoid my posts if you're vehement in avoiding leaks. I know plenty of smash fans who aren't caught up on them.
So your source doesn't have permission from their source to leak it to you? Am I getting this right?

PolarPanda

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5723-5971-6209
So your source doesn't have permission from their source to leak it to you? Am I getting this right?
Yes, that is actually entirely correct. I'd explain the circumstances, but the person in question wants me to give absolutely no ideas on who they could be. Just trust me, there's a reason papagenos papagenos said in his video that the guy is very reputable.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Yes, that is actually entirely correct. I'd explain the circumstances, but the person in question wants me to give absolutely no ideas on who they could be. Just trust me, there's a reason papagenos papagenos said in his video that the guy is very reputable.
Do you, personally, expect to be given the green-light to reveal this in the near future? Or do you think it's a done deal that you'll have to wait for VR Plant to act first?

Ahis

Smash Rookie
Hey Sabi, mind going into detail about the question you said you could answer earlier? The one about the Mii costumes connection to fighter 5?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sabi's source is saying it's fake. No real reason given, but they're pretty confident on it.
I can back Sabi up. I really can't say much more than that.

Just thought I would go ahead and prepare y'all because I know a lot of people, including myself, were pretty excited by the prospect and inference of those costumes.

D

Deleted member

Just thought I would go ahead and prepare y'all because I know a lot of people, including myself, were pretty excited by the prospect and inference of those costumes.
Should we be excited by the prospect of the costumes even if the costumes are fake now?

Last edited by a moderator:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Uh, sorry for yet another random quote, but... any ideas on when we could be seeing anything? Not who, when. Most people here were agreeing on a January release for FP5, because of the new amiibo release dates. This would probably mean a December reveal. Any idea if this is really the case? Or will we have to wait longer?

Ovaltine

Smash Master

I know you likely can't say more, but hopefully you can at least say this: Has any information disconfirmed Geno entirely yet or no? I've been waiting too long for this bandage to be ripped off, Geno being in or not rofl.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Any hints towards this newcomer? Can we at least know for sure if they're male/female or third party?

Plank08

Smash Lord
I’ll repeat myself from the geno thread:
When Sabis sources say that the Costume leak is fake, what it think happened is they saw #5 and it’s not either Geno or Doomguy, so they just assumed that the costumes were fake.
I still believe the costumes are real but they just aren’t happening in the FP, I hope I’m wrong

D

Deleted member

I know you likely can't say more, but hopefully you can at least say this: Has any information disconfirmed Geno entirely yet or no? I've been waiting too long for this bandage to be ripped off, Geno being in or not rofl.
Your group's situatikn is quite confusing to be honest.

D

Deleted member

I’ll repeat myself from the geno thread:
When Sabis sources say that the Costume leak is fake, what it think happened is they saw #5 and it’s not either Geno or Doomguy, so they just assumed that the costumes were fake.
I still believe the costumes are real but they just aren’t happening in the FP, I hope I’m wrong
Most probably you'll get Slayer by around Season 2.
It always has been. Welcome to the life of a Geno fan. :p
You guys are the kind of people who are willing to kill just to get information.

Plank08

Smash Lord
The leak is fake. I was thinking that it was probable to be real but from what I've heard from some of my friends, I'm like 99% sure it's fake now.
So wait, were the mii costumes and everything just mods or are these just very safe assumptions?
Also by any chance, when do you think you guys will be able to share #5, if at all?

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
So wait, were the mii costumes and everything just mods or are these just very safe assumptions?
Also by any chance, when do you think you guys will be able to share #5, if at all?
It's possible they were mods, but it's also possible they may come after DLC 5. All we do know is that the Cacodemon hat and Mallow hat are NOT coming next.

D

Deleted member

It's possible they were mods, but it's also possible they may come after DLC 5. All we do know is that the Cacodemon hat and Mallow hat are NOT coming next.
It's also the logic that I had that Slayer and Geno will come post-pass. We already got Banjo Kazooie for testing the waters with a Western rep, I doubt we'll get two this pass.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Should we be excited by the prospect of the costumes even if the costumes are fake now?
I dunno, all I know is that the costumes are not the real deal. Could Doom Slayer be 5? Possibly, but I don't think even Sabi knows that one.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I dunno, all I know is that the costumes are not the real deal. Could Doom Slayer be 5? Possibly, but I don't think even Sabi knows that one.
Aha, so the source knows who fighter 5 is, but Sabi hasn't been relayed that info. Gotcha. That makes sense.

D

Deleted member

Plot twist: Fighter 5 ends up being Frogger all along.

Frogger JUMPS IN!
The leak that said Frogger was in is documented as fake, but thay would be a surprise.

Said leak was just a glorified advertisement. Fake news. All of it.

I think it's cool you know for a fact they're not real. I don't believe any leak ever but you seem like the expert. Could you go into detail explaining why they are not legitimate and provide sufficient evidence?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
As far as I'm aware no. But the only way I would know that for certain is if I knew anymore than i actually do and all I know is that the costumes are fake.
Oh, I'm not a part of Sabi's group. This is one of the few things I got told because of the traction it was picking up and the **** show that COULD'VE happened. Dudes just looking out for me and my sanity in modding these boards to be honest, lol.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Geno and Isaac are the good old never ever, but quite possibly so, maybe but maybe not, I don't know, requests of Smash.
It really sucks that both of them still aren’t in Smash yet. But Ultimate did deliver with Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo.

I still think Geno has a good chance at future DLC and I’m hoping badly that Isaac can get out of AT hell and MAYBE get promoted before Sakurai is finished with the game. I know not to get my hopes up though.

D

Deleted member

Not going to lie, kinda exciting to know nothing of Fighter 5 again and just speculate based on other things rather than leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom