• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
"Watch it with sound" - Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo You're getting your wish. We're getting Don chan.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
"Watch it with sound" - Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo You're getting your wish. We're getting Don chan.
Makes me think the music is going to reveal who it is before the trailer visually shows it. Ala Cloud and Sans.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Any idea on when the Smash reveal will happen? I'd rather not sit through a 4-hour event for 2 minutes that I care about at the end.
The cynically smart thing to do is hold it off till close to the end to bait people into watching the whole thing.

So, decent chance of that being the case.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Crash Bandicoot is coming to salvage what little is left of the year 2020 and end it with an absolute bang.

Hold on to your "Wumpas", My boy's coming.

tenor-1.gif

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Not surprise that Phasmophobia won Best Debut.

Phasmophobia blew up on Steam and became one of the big success stories this year. It's also apparently a pretty good co-op game, which helps.

So what does everyone think so far?
It's just started, but it's a pretty good show so far. Some awards were a bit surprising (Fall Guys winning Best Community, although I can understand that. The big drop in playerbase was seemingly unavoidable in hindsight given its structure, but it appears that the Fall Guys devs did as much as they could).

Disappointed by Ori losing Best Sound, intrigued by the island game, meh on everything else.
What caught me off guard with that one is that the studio's based in New Caledonia. That's a tiny group of islands to the east of Australia. Hey, kudos to that studio for getting something going, hope the game turns out well.

joker gets revealed again. no explanation whatsoever from anyone, leaving us confused.
Joker 2: Electric Boogaloo.

SKX31

Smash Master
As much as I respect the hustle of esports figures, I'm not unhappy that many of their awards are on the pre-show.
Yeah, as a fan of esports myself, I can see that. Especially since the awards would make zero sense to people who don't follow esports at all.

I'm really surprised that "Best Esport Team" went to the LoL team that didn't win Worlds (G2, who got to the semifinals), and the "Best Esports Player" went to a player who plays for the LoL team that did win Worlds (Damwon).

Also Stephen A. Smith though? The ESPN guy who's most associated with the NBA? Wuh? That's random, but hey, I'll take that as a small boon that they got him in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom